Will western cartoons ever get to the point anime is at now?

And by that, I mean getting to the point where shows are made to pander to the otaku fanbase with moe-shit and harems and fanservice?

Yes, just replace "moe-shit" and "harems" with "Flash animation" and "random wacky humor."

The powerful girls reboot, damn it, It only exists to sell toys to 20 somethings and to kids.

It's already begun.

Depends if fans of Anime will ever leave there mom's basement

Well if we're talking about NA in terms of western, they've both reached the point where South Koreans are doing the animation grunt work for them

You mean they're not already?

Wacky humor was always a thing, not sure why you people hate it.

Nobody uses flash except for shitty canadian cartoons.

The audiences here couldn't handle it.

And I'm not just talking about concerned soccer moms.

No, no we do NOT need more "otakus" creating cartoons.

We need to renounce pastel psuedo-anime and return to Avery and Jones.

Anime and Western comics are at pretty equivalent points (seen by their respective cultures as being for either kids or gross nerds, as opposed to manga, which is seen as for everyone, or western animation, which is seen as only for kids)

What is that?

no meme gusta

Most anime is garbage. Good anime that people talk about makes up probably 10% of all anime, the rest is shitty stuff made for otakus.

It wasn't as bad as 10 years ago, but it only gets worse every year

At the risk of sounding like an edgy teenager, I've always wanted an American cartoon with anime style hyperviolence ala MD Geist or Guyver: Out Of Control just to see something different and aimed at an adult audience

I think Spawn was the only good attempt in my head

Nothing fucking edgy about that at all, my friend. "Edgy" is just a buzzword these days anyway.

It's not 2007 anymore

RWBY, an anime inspired webshow.

Nah. This year have been pretty good for me atleast with anime.

But even harems are not selling anymore. Well Love Live Sunshine will dominate this season but other than that summer season is pretty good for relaxing anime.

This. Every year we get the same anime that's been done a million times before. But there are gems every season but they're all drowned out by moe, fanservice shows with no plot, and more moe.

Flying witch was good last season and so was tanaka-kun. This season we have amanchu and amaama to inazuma.

Exactly. Two good anime per season out of the countless others that are produced.

Well JoJo was there too and so was space patrol luluco too well that kinda it is but it has always been like this.

Even if that percentage was correct, there are still more good animes coming out in a year then there are western cartoons even being created in that same year.

I hoping it takes at least another few decades so that the stigma of "cartoons are for children" passes but at most it'll take another generation more then likely.

I think the differences in western and japanese culture won't allow cartoons to devolve into mindless sexual/emotional escapism. It will probably devolve into some other terrible shit. It's kind of already started with the way studios are more preocupied with producing shows on the smallest budget possible.

Good anime automatically makes you a cringey pseudointellectual tryhard faggot who wears a trenchcoat and is actually 16 years old

Moe anime is sublte and beautiful and you don't belong on Sup Forums if you don't appreciate the escapism because you're not in tune with japanese otaku culture

That preview trailer is the only good thing to come out of that abortion of a series

All anime, good or not, makes you a faggot.

This and i never understood why some people cant hide their powerlevel? I have been done that since high school.

You can tell this pic was made by a autismo by the failure to get the facial expression correct. Knuckles looks like he just sharted.

Most currently-airing cartoons are at least partially created using Flash, though.

>I don't actually know what anime airs each season but I'll pretend that moeshit and haremshit is the majority because thats the only thing Sup Forums talks about

And now I argue with you and lock myself in a rebuttal-proof barrier and ignore any facts that prove me wrong.

We'll never know if we don't try!

No, now stop asking this question everyday and fuck off.

What good has it done to the anime industry anyway? Instead of aiming them at children they're aiming them at tween edgelords who are just as stupid.

What is Superjail?

If you want the same detail as the shows you're talking about you're going to need one hell of a kickstarter campaign

Nothing but it doesnt stop me liking anime.

>Even after applying sturgeon's law, there's more worthwhile anime running right now than there's cartoons
>They all have a set schedule only interrupted by holidays and disasters
You might think anime is shit, but current western animation still has a long way to go.

Since it's not aimed at stupid kids, stupid adults can watch it and still pretend they're mature.

>ppl onlly seeks animation for fetish material instead of art apreciation

>pander to fanservice

we've got a few shows like that

I will say that no recent western cartoon has ever caused as much rage and disappointment to me as much as pic fucking related.

Well sorry but anime is not art and never will be.

Just read the manga.

All anime is shit. All fans are fags. Its all just garbage with 95% hideous samey design and has absolute shit stories in almost every instance.

>shit stories
Agreed but i dont watch anime for stories because most of them are shit.

Haha, to be honest, cartoon creators would FUCKING LOVE to be able to put things above what the targeted audience "has" to whatch.

I know, I work on the industry.

Even Craig from WOY, was excited to finally be able to put lore and character arcs on a show with continuity, but had to be tonned down by the executives.

But in mean time samey desing doesnt bother me for some reason. And anime is great form of escapism and you should not take it seriously.

spoken like a true edgy teenager

Steven Universe is a western harem anime so I'd say they're getting there.

No, most are drawn on paper or in Toon Boom.