What happens in the big stretch of Argentina between the far south and Bahía Blanca? What is life like in this region...

What happens in the big stretch of Argentina between the far south and Bahía Blanca? What is life like in this region? What do Argentines think of it? I talked to a guy from Comodoro Rivadavia; he said it was boring and he worked at Wal-Mart, but that it was easy to make money down there if you tried because of the energy companies.

Patagofag here, most of the coast is cliffs, biggest city is Comodoro Rivadavia, the weather is shit with cold winds. the only reason people lives there is because oil or fishing. The landscape is desolate af fuck but I like it because nature, whales and cute penguins and shit. In some places you can swim in the summer, sucks but is the only beaches we have at 1 day driving.

Lands under the rule of the mighty Amerindian.

what about the mountains? is there something interesting there?

Paturuzú was an old cartoon man, they're ded.

Andes are in the west, the rest is all mesas untill the sea.

It's just Patagonia, mate. It's dry steppeland. Think kazakhstan, but somewhat warmer

Shit city, I've been there a few times.
It's located at the foot of the hills and when it rains a lot of mud comes down the slopes and buries everything in its path.

It's in a bad location, like most cities in Patagonia.

how can a big country be so fucking boring? youre hiding something from us i know it

I've seen worse, but that applies to every population that exist only because oil.

the rent and food is cheap?

kek, you really have no idea about the variety of climates and enviroments we have down here.

Depends on the province and area

misiones es seguro para visitar?
hay vuelos directos para mendoza, cordoba, rosario desde acá. ¿cuál de esos vale la pena ?

Mendoza >Cordoba >Iraq >Rosario
Misiones es seguro supongo, mucho turismo, lo demás depende de lo que quieras hacer, mejor venir en otoño-invierno que en verano

la gente sube el aconcagua desde ahí? no estaria mar escalar una de esas montañas de los andes

Si, está en esa provincia tiene 6.962 m, asi que no es para cualquiera

Tengo amigos y profesores que escalaron este que queda cerca, mas barato y solamente hace falta estar en buen estado físico. Está disponible solo en pleno verano, pero si se suspende por ventiscas no te reembolsan nada.

>Comodoro Rivadavia

It's a shithole... The argie Detroit.

gracias salvado, he subido esta altura pero no ocn ventisca o nieve

No es lo mas común en verano pero todavia es posible, ese tiene nada mas 3.747 pero han muerto un par cayendose en las grietas de los glaciares. Algún dia espero escalarlo, siempre paso y lo miro de lejos.

nature looks awesome, but the sea is the same brown murky as everywhere in argentina it seems.

beautiful

That's just sand in that particular spot, that murky "sea" you saw in pics was the Río de la Plata, not the actual sea.

hitler is not hiding here! stop asking question right now!

>how can a big country be so fucking boring?
I know
;_;

I tried doing some dicking around on google streetview in patagonia. LIterally is almost as desolate as the outback. I'm talking driving for hours and not seeing a single town, much less a building. Just desert and shrubs. Look at the road from 2 cities for example: Trelew to Comodoro Rivadavia. It is over a 5 hour drive, almost 400km. There are no towns, to my knowledge, really between them. Just 5 hours of the same desert landscape as far as the eye can see, with a gas station and couple of buildings every hour or two.

>LIterally is almost as desolate as the outback. I'm talking driving for hours and not seeing a single town, much less a building. Just desert and shrubs
90% of the entire country is like that. Just look at a map

kek, the route 3 between Trelew to Comodoro Rivadavia it's the most boring place of the coast, flat as fuck because you're driving on the top of a basaltic plateu. Better watch uploaded pics in Google Earth for more interesting stuff, google street view pics suck.

I want to live in the middle of nowhere, in or near a town just big enough to have stuff like internet, a hospital, a supermarket, etc.
Is patagonia a nice place? I was thinking more about the mountainous areas in the west or near Tierra del Fuego, where it looks kinda like New Zealand/alaska. Is it cheap? Full of annoying tourists? Is it borderline third world outside of the cities, like many places in South America?

Depends on the place, the touristic areas are obviusly comfy, but it also depends on your work area. Then you have Central Asia tier places with nohing but oil and gas related stuff.

sorry champ no whitebois here until you kill drumph

excluding slums in big cities, the only third world looking part of Argentina is the northwest and that's because there's indians living there and our governments don't give a fuck about them since they can win elections without giving them shit.

>the only third world looking part of Argentina is the northwest
Don't forget Buenos Aires. Pompeya, La Matanza, Moreno, Jose C. Paz are India tier shitholes.

mandatory reminder that chilean patagonia its better

There is nothing outside of the cities.
You have like four or five cities in Patagonia between 50k and 100k inhabitants (separated by 700 miles each) and then a bunch of random inhabitants towns scattered here and there with less than 3k people.

It depends on what you mean by third worldish,if you compare it to suburban US then yeah it's a fucking shithole.

Also, lots of Bolivians and northern Argentinians (honorary Bolivians)

bunch of random towns scattered

I think you might be legitimately retarded.

>No one posted Route 40

It's true tho. Those cities are god forsaken wastelands.

I forgot to encircle La Plata in red.

Where do Indio immigrants live?

La Matanza, like Detroit but worse.

What about Berisso?

>La Matanza
kek how fitting, I guess