The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 34)

Guess who's back
Back again

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

You dudes and dudettes should totally check this out btw

Holy crap.

I thought you DIED or something.

Good to have you back.

Hah, I saw that post too, funny shit. 'fraid not though, Ike hires shoddy assassins.

Thank you, user. It's good to be back.

Man, apparently all you needed to make flowerchild rain goddess Storm great was a heaping helping of ham.

I may not post tomorrow but after that it should be back to regular schedule.

I absolutely HATE that artist's work.
They've done some back-up stories for Marv' in the past, haven't they? Or is this a copied style by someone else?

Also, welcome back X-user. The Sup Forums threads have all been tragically unwelcoming without you.

Yo, I've hated being away too user. Thanks for welcoming me back.

I notice that Kitty's trying out yet another costume, again. Girl, make up your damned mind!

So, Death of X by Soule, Lemire and Kuder, eh? There's like a 0% chance of this being good but at least it'll look nice, huh.

>Bank Closes at 3PM on a weekday

Fucking banks.

Claremont's writing is ass

This shit fucking sucks.

That's your opinion and I respect it, user.
I'm not terribly fond of this mini myself desu

The only thing I ever enjoyed from him was the Wolverine series with Frank Miller. Maybe it was the Miller art, or maybe it was just a decent story

Either way, I can't stand Claremont otherwise. The dialogue is cornier than Silver Age shit. Kitty going "Oh, silly me!" is just fucking retarded. Having women talk like it's the 1950's when this shit came out around the 80's. And his exposition is ass too.

What what what? Then... why devote your time to it when we still haven't seen Nimrod kill off half the Hellfire Club?
Despite our request nagging, .YOU have final say in the matter..

This an OCD thing?

Nearly EVERY X-Men comic ever, user. I did mean that.

Remember when the X-Men went to Japan, and were treated better than they ever were in the US, but left because of reasons?

Ah. Memories.

I'm pretty sure "Oh, silly me!" is more a regional thing than the era of publication, folks still talked like that where I grew up, and not too long ago.

If you're going to be posting Legacy of Fire, this is nothing.

Shhh, that comes later.

And I thought I was a madman. The 90's aren't going to be kind...

No they will not. Organizing the 2099 stuff wasn't easy, lemme tell ya.

I'm glad I went with the stereotypical C-Listers. Have you done the math to see how long you'll be at this?

Oops, skipped a page

No idea, since we'll have unexpected breaks like the one we just went through. Maybe a couple of years if I pick up the pace, maybe 5 fucking years, no idea honestly.

Remember when you could smoke in airports? For that matter, remember when Wolverine could smoke?

Unless Marv' goes bankrupt tomorrow, it is a neverending task, like Sisyphus's boulder.
(some peeps are just gluttons for punishment)

Well, like I said once, if Marvel ever gets rid of the X-Men in any way (like sending them to another dimension or some shit), that's where I'll draw a line and I won't storytime any stories from that point forward.

Movie canon is that Chuck X brainraped that right out of him.

Fucking Quesada.

I don't care what Sup Forumstrolls say, that anti-mutant rationalization meme is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. And I've read Siege Perilous stories.

I like how much more formal and polite Wolverine talks when he speaks Japanese.

I got Essential Vol 2 today at a second half bookstore. delicious black and white byrne.

He's always admired/embraced the culture and adopted the identity of "the ronin" concept.
I figure it was because the Weapon X amnesia left him without a culture or identity of his own and that gave him an example of how to cope with a brutal but repentant killer's guilt.

this set up to get Kitty to japan is ridiculous

so the death of x threads have been garbage?

Oops, we're gonna have to cut this one short, but I WILL finish this story! Pinky swear!

Well, that is the perfect cliffhanger image to end things on...

It's (finally) going to be a recounting of Cyclops' much-reported demise.
...Or so Marvel says...

You can't kill a dream

Prozac does the trick pretty well.

Don't really need a oni mask with a face like that.

Actually, Ogun does. Just imagine how hard it must be for the guy to maintain his self-identity when he's been body-hopping for so long. There are IRL people who lose their sense of themselves when they get a new job or move away from home, wouldn't changing bodies every so often be even more damaging to someone's psychology?