What's Canada really like

What's Canada really like

canada is alright mostly, southern ontario is the only place where anything happens/where most people live, quebec is french but montreal is pretty anglo, the prairies (west) are very barren and full of abbos, but alberta has good oil money, british columbia (west coast) only has vancouver which is basically seattle, the northern territories are desolate and crime ridden from alcoholic natives, the atlantic provinces are struggling economically and usually ignored from the rest of canada, but unlike the west they have their own unique culture and are easily the whitest provinces

>move to USA in 5th grade
>make friends on the playground
>"where are you from?"
>Canada
>"that's the state next to Maine right?"
>"no wait, its by Alaska"
>"Canada is a different country" I say
>"but you sound like my aunt from Minnesota"
this thought just came back to me now for some reason
Also my town is in that map :)

BIG

MEATY

100 percent accurate map i made to give a brief summary of what canada is really like

claws?

alri sudbury

I'm from Prince Rupert show some fucking respect peasant.
yes

I always wonder if Yukon or Northwest is kinda similar to Alaska or not really

>northern ontario
>nobody lives here
But why

Yukon is

Alaska has the benefit of the Pacific Ocean making it's coast mild, it's closer to BC in that regard. The territories are more like Siberia

I'd say the Yukon probably has the most similarities to Alaska, they were pretty big during the gold rush and they're certainly the whitest of the three territories. However they aren't as industrial as Alaska and have a much sparser population

Canadian shield. It's extremely rocky and swampy, aka bad for settlement. Same thing applies to 90% of Quebec. Hudson bay also let's cold artic air come in every year, despite the alright latitude, making it much colder than it should be.

people live there, except it's just massive and much more rural compared to the south. the only major towns there are along the border. being as rural and isolated as they are, they have a lot of crime problems from natives, like thunder bay being a shit hole of a city

I have sometimes wondered how northern ontario, or at least the non-GTA or those in proximity are like.

n. ontario is pretty worthless, and honestly think it should be it's own province since it isn't all that different from manitoba

It should be named Superior (after the great lake) for the bantz

What are the differences between Ottawa and Toronto besides capital/biggest city?

That will make states of 'Michigan', 'Ontario', and 'Superior'. Where should be states of 'Erie' and 'Huron'?

besides that too many lakes vast landscapes but Toronto and Vancouver are overcrowded

i dont know but aussi is scooby

Why is the Maritimes region poor? It seems really nice.

toronto is a lot more bustling and metropolitan, ottawa being the capital is bilingual and it isn't as huge and sprawling as the bigger cities. personally i prefer ottawa a lot more since it has a really nice look to it and i think its definitely much more tourist friendly.

if im not mistaken the proposed name for the northern ontario province was supposed to be Aurora. Isn't Superior the name they were gonna give the upper peninsula in Michigan?

it's kind of complicated, but basically it's a series of events starting from when the maritimes joined canada up to today. to give a brief summary, maritimes are relatively okay british colonies, nova scotia was going to be the 14th colony in the US independence, but things were going rough so not many people cared about the revolts. then the confederation happens, nova scotia and new brunswick join canada as 2 of the 4 original provinces. macdonald the first prime minister is anti-us so he blocks trade to them, at this point ns and nb are pretty industrious and are making good gains by trading with the us, now that they cant sell to them anymore, their closest trading point is in quebec which is further than north east us. over time the federal govt had more interest in supporting the west and then the maritimes became politically irrelevant. some more modern elements include things like the govt banning natural gas extraction which hurt the economy again, the population is rapidly aging and most young maritimers move out west for better education and job opportunites, the region became more and more reliant on the funding of the federal government, which kind of got the maritimes stuck in a hole they cant get out, etc etc i can write walls of paragraphs on canadas great shrinking region.

the maritimes are really nice though, nice cities, great tourist destination, rich british heritage, serene landscapes, and imo the most historical region of canada

Let's all take a moment and remember that we have a provincial capital named Regina.

I don't think it was supposed to be a state at all, Michigan just got whiny after Ohio won a land dispute so they took some of Wisconsin's territory

all federal court cases are named "Regina vs. X"

An effeminate, gay version of the USA

LIterally just a colder, more naturey version of the US, except with less spics and blacks and a lot more chinks, inuit, and inbred french