ITT movies you dragged your family to go see when you were younger and now wish you could apologize for

ITT movies you dragged your family to go see when you were younger and now wish you could apologize for

You uh...like your pokemon, huh?

I was huge into the tv show and card game when I was a kid, so naturally I begged my dad to take me to the movie.
I hated it. It was boring, and I distinctly remember the advertisements showing the monsters becoming real and rampaging through a city and this never actually happens in the movie.
I got the shitty promotional cards too.

Pikachu's Summer Vacation and Angela Anaconda's Digimon special are pure cringekino

Funny enough my dad and sister actually liked this one even though my dad hates the Japanese for WWII

my mom refused to take me to anymore pokemon movies after we watched pokemon 2000 in theaters

rugrats meet the wild thornberries

my birth desu

I still have that holographic card they gave out too

>I distinctly remember the advertisements showing the monsters becoming real and rampaging through a city and this never actually happens in the movie

Yes it does. I mean it's just a ten second vision of the future if the bad guy wins, but I mean it does happen. The side characters even get to summon their signature cards in real life to stop some rubble from falling on them or something.

So basically it's still misleading advertising. I'm surprised you can remember the movie honestly.

The original Pokemon movie with Mewtwo was legitimate Pokekino.

dem pokemon movies are great

dragged dad to see kung pow and we both thought it was garbage and left in the middle

Why? That was the best of the trilogy.

Honestly the animation in these movies a times was stellar.

I watch it yearly. I'm a huge fan of Yugioh. Yuzu is my waifu.

If you think that's impressive you should take a look at what the XY series looks like. The animation is consistently movie quality.

My mom had watched Yu Gi Oh with me in the mornings before school and I think she enjoyed the movie as well. We went with a whole group and she said she was the only parent who understood it at all.

Also the lady at the ticket desk gave me all the cards because she clearly hated her job.

This

I remember we were at my grandparents house and my cousins were also there. Everyone wanted to see something else, I think it was Apollo 13. But because I was the baby, my mom, aunt, and one of my cousins took me to this. They brought it back up when the new one came out in the spring...

I don't know why I wanted to see this shit so badly...I guess because it was 3D

Don't ask...

I still get shit from my dad for making him take me to the digimon movie.

I think I took my mom (or shall I say she took me) to see the first movie like three times. I remember crying. Lmao. My mom gives me shit about it. I can only imagine going through that in her shoes as an adult. Ah a mothers lovd.

>thought it was cool when I was young
>watch it again as an adult
>why is this movie so disjointed
>what is even going on
>none of this makes any sense at all...
>find out it was two separate movies
>they just made some monstrosity of both of them and called it the Digimon Movie

she fucking hated that shit

>parents make my sister take me to see the first pokemon movie to punish her
>that one guy that must've been like 40 that was trying to hit on her

Back then all that shit was hand-drawn. 90s anime is amazing.

That's power rangers kino tho

good burger

Only kid's movie that my mom ever expressed open disdain for. Sorry mommy.

It was ludo. I wish more people appreciated it.

>he didn't cry watching the pokemon fight their clones in the mewtwo movie

This movie is art. Great TV series too

My sister got me all of the leftover cards when they stopped showing it. Was the coolest kid in school for a week.

All of those movies were good, I only ever rented them though.
I didn't even like Yu-Gi-Oh but my mom took me and met up with a friend and his mom to see this for a playdate.

Is was three movies, not two.