So do you prefer mechanical webshooters or he can just shoot web?

So do you prefer mechanical webshooters or he can just shoot web?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I prefer organic webbing, but also web shooters are pretty cool

I'm pretty torn desu senpai

Peter having all of the powers of a spider EXCEPT making webs is fucking dumb, I wish the organic webshooters were used more

Organic webs because a hero who can turn shooting sticky white stuff from his body into a way to better the world is much more interesting then a smart kid who wants to be spider

wheres his ass web shooter i want my spider accuracy

or better yet make him spit it out of his mouth and swing around like a fucking fish on a hook from his head

I prefer organic in concept, but Peter is supposed to be smart and the mechanical shooters are one of the few ways they show that.

I wish the movies would let him make the spider trackers already.

You can make your own organic webbing if you ejaculate in the shower with the water running hot.

Mechanical because even if he got spider-web powers it wouldn't come out of his wrist.

Mechanical allows the use of Shock Webs, Freeze Webs, Bolo Webs and other modifications.

If it's organic all Peter can do is shoot string.

I like a mix. He naturally produces the webbing, but requires the mechanical shooter to productively use it. Best of both worlds

I mean, he can always jam a filter on top of his glands or whatever the fuck, come on we've all know they can find a way to justify whatever they want

He doesn't have any spider powers though

I like both. I didn't mind the organic shooters in Raimi films and I also like the MCU web shooters.

Fuck Andrew Garfield Spidey movies

Nigga he can crawl

Under 24 years old prefers natural. Over 29 prefers mechanical. Everyone between depends on if they read comics.

I like this as well, like he can naturally swing on buildings but combat and defensive webs are produced with his bracers.

I agree with this also when I was a kid I thought that was how it worked anyway

Isn't that the direction they're going in the the MCU

I prefer if he shoot from his asshole like a regular spider.

so? not like a spider

But they give them a chance to show how much smarter than Peter Gwen is when she figured out shock proofing the web slingers and he couldn't.

Both have good points and bad points.
The mechanical ones show off the gadgeteer side of him, but also take away for the spider side of him.
I like the fan idea that's been floating around of his body producing the fluid the web is made of but then he makes the wristshooters to give him better control of them.

He once mutated into having four extra arms years after the bite.

And also turned into a bigass Spider.

>mutated into having four extra arms years after the bite
had he kept it, then he would had actually been spider mutation
>turned into a bigass Spider
only in the show, I'm talking comics, any powers he has isn't because he turned spider-like

didnt he turn into a spider for a bit during The Other? just before he got the organic shooters and the stingers?

I never really like the organic web because hes still mostly human so he shouldnt be able to make it so mechical hombre

well yea, but that's more cosmic/mystic/web of life stuff, that he got mutated into becoming spider-like, no, his spiders don't have superstrength, spiders don't have spider-sense, he sticks to walls because he wills it

I always thought of it like this... Peter has to eat a lot to keep his metabolism up because his organic web glands require that. So if Peter eats a lot of food we get organic webs and shit but it tires him out. Not to also mention Peter works as a photographer and doesn't get the big bucks so his food intake isn't great, that's where his web-shooters come in. Peter would prefer to use web-shooters than his organic but if his web-shooters deplete or get destroyed he resorts to organic webs or just thinking on his feet.

SHAZAM

I always like that after being bitten he got a spider like brain obsessed with making a web, so eventually he did. Reloading, having different settings, could be used by others and it costing money are interesting aspects.

>GOTTA PRODUCE THIS WHITE STICKY STUFF, BUT STRONGER.

Mechanical shooters, with organic webbing being a symbiote perk.

I'm a fan of "GO, WEB, GO!"

mechanical

>So do you prefer mechanical webshooters or he can just shoot web?

Mechanical webshooters. Makes Peter more of a exceptionally smart guy with a gift. As well as not make him too overpowered, seeing how he can run out or have them destroyed.

Mechanical webshooters are essential to his character. Doesn't have all the money in the world, but he works with what he got.

Mechanical.

I like the organic web to justify pic related but I also like the mechanical shooters to support Pete's genius aspect.

The ideal solution would be organic webbing that is propeled by a device so it seeps more slowly out of Peter into a tank or something

Mechanical. Because I'm not a godless moviefag.

The Spider-Monster he turned into on the show came straight from the comics. Marvel Fanfare #2, to be precise.

I never read comics as a kid. All i knew spidey from was the cartoon and vidya. I actually thought that he did shoot them from glands in is wrists due to the spider mutation, there was nothing indicating otherwise. When the movie was out and people on the internet complained that not muh webshooters i was all like "but he does have organic webs, right?"
It made more sense. They could still use his smarts for other stuff or gadgets.

For me it depends on the REALISM the setting is going for and some of the things that are possible in that setting.
But I prefer mechanical.
Although I really am okay with whatever.

Is there anything that has done a mix? Like he produces webbing biologically but built shooters to focus them or shape them? That'd be cool.

It has to be natural mutant webshooting power. It's absolutely ridiculous to posit that Peter Parker has invented THE most potent, compact, useful nonlethal takedown+lifesaving technology known to man. It's one of those "comic books are retarded" moments: if Peter had actually invented this technology that anyone could use, the applications would be enormous. He could save MILLIONS more lives by distributing it. Police would have the ultimate apprehension device. Workers would have the ultimate safety device. You could replace car airbags with it. Hell, everyone who works in a skyscraper could wear an emergency web pack the side of a wallet attached to their belt and it could save them if they ever need to evacuate the building from the hundredth floor. Vehicles could be equipped with external packs that explode and envelop the vehicle itself to reduce collision damage. Pedestrians likewise. It could literally change the world. The fact that Parker doesn't share this technology and instead uses it to indulge in his personal vigilante crime fighting fantasies would make him criminally immoral.

So it has to be something unique to his body. It's the only option that makes sense.

Also though, with that logic, he, or some other smart fuck could use his webbing (if it was organic) to develop a synthetic, or at least lab grown, variant and do the exact same worldwide applications.
Its comics, dude.

You literally know nothing about Spider-Man.

Isn't this a leading reason why in the current canon of Marvel that he runs Parker Industries? Because the mechanical shooters and his engineering mind applied to actual industrial research is just that amazing and he's sharing his tech to change the world. Spider-man grew up.

I'm fine with the classic web shooters, it shows that Peter is young, unfocused but actually very smart. He is an ace stutent in chemistry.
Also hopeless at managing his skills, he's invented a fantastic adhesive, and he doesn't know how to patent or market the thing.
His spider trackers are genius, a mechanical device that triggers some undefinable mental sense, his sixth sense, or spider-sense. He found a way to trigger it.

Peter is the dumbest smart guy around - and his inventions showcase this.

Having said that, I didn't mind the mutation that gave him stingers and organic webs - I liked the gradual change from DNA fuckup to Totem of old gods. Made for some exciting stories.

I adore Spider-Man - shame he died back in 2007 and we've had to make do with a weak clone since then.

Mechanical.

Organic misses the point, and is just fucking gross when you think about it.

Great argument fagtron.

That's the best part about it, it's a creepy mutation that you would expect him to have

Mechanical is the right answer and anyone who says otherwise is just a Raimi nostalgiafag.

Well, don't forget that they're not spider-powers, but mystical Chinese guardian-of-prophesy powers granted to him by a mystical spider.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_30

No real reason he should be assumed to shoot webs, he just assumed they were spider-powers because a spider bit him when he got them.

Organic always

If I remember correctly:
>Crawling powers = molecular bonding or some shit, but not how spiders do it at all
>Strength and speed are not actually proportional to a spider's at all, Peter is way stronger and faster than a spider his size would be
>No spider has spider-sense, that's not a real thing

Unsure about perfect balance

THIS

Thank you Bendis, for giving us mechanical web shooters in the movies.

So the Sam Raimi movies did it better in every single way?

Mechanical is fucking gay, theirs nothing special about it, literally a high school student made it so anyone can, shooting real webs is way cooler and more unique

>Mechanical for Spider-Man
>self generated/organic from the Black Suit
>organic for "mystical/anamalistic" Spider-People like Kaine

Anything else is wrong.

I like the Garfield approach - home-built webshooters because he's a smart kid, but he didn't invent the web fluid because sweet Christ could he do better than be a superhero with that stuff if he did invent it.

Well the way the Raimi movies explained wall-crawling made no sense when it comes to supporting a person of Peter's size and weight.The whole molecular-reconfiguration or whatever thing is more believable precisely because it is more abstract and high-minded.

Also he still shouldn't be that strong or fast in Raimi's movies if his powers truly were based off a spider's. Also, even if somehow he got two web glands in his wrists from the bite, it makes no sense that his body can generate that much webbing that quickly, and it makes no sense that it would dissolve quickly either. Spider sense doesn't make sense for the same reasons.

So nah, really neither approach is at all consistent with how a spider does things. IMO comics is better because they accept that and have incorporated it.

But that's the beauty of Spider-Man. Bro is so smart that he invents an new kind of adhesive that has adaptive properties that can be altered to suit a variety of situations, and instead of cashing in on it he just keeps it to himself and does the hero thing. It's pure naive innocence, a pure hero spirit that other heroes like Stark just don't posses and that's why he's one of the greats and in my opinion THE greatest hero.

Didn't he try to sell it in the start of the original Lee/Ditko run?

Both times the web shooters have been done in film, Pete either stole (ASM) or was given (MCU) either the formula for the web or the shooters themselves, so it doesn't really do a good job of showcasing his "genius."

Now this is truly what's great about Spider-Man.

MCU Peter made rudimentary web shooters for his closet costume before Tony gave him the new suit.

Uh, MCU Peter had the shooters and the web already. That part of the story had already happened. Tony just made the shooters smaller

If he did it's a plot point that didn't survive past the original run.

>He doesn't know that it dissolves

Peter having all of the powers of a spider EXCEPT having 6 arms is fucking dumb.

I'm 34 and I although I have nostalgia for the mechanical web shooters, I think the organic ones make more sense for the character. Peter can still be smart without having made them.

>has all the powers of a Spider
>only has two eyes

Comics pls.

Organic simply doesn't make any sense. I mean, it created an entire new fucking organ for him just to shoot web, and that conveniently goes out of his hand and not his butt? mechanical webshooter is more plausible.

19 and I prefer mechanical

Mix is such a great and obvious idea that I am appalled it's not more popular.

Him climbing walls and having super strength doesn't make sense, why are organic web shooters so hard to believe

I think mechanical is cooler but it seriously bugs me to have to consider super strength, instinctive foresight, and sticky extremities "spider powers" on their own. It really feels like something is missing without natural webbing in the mix.

Either or.

Not him, but there really isn't anywhere for the web shooter organs to go in his arm

Organic. It's what I thought was always the case as a kid and plus making his own webshooters doesn't fit who Pete is supposed to be. He's supposed to be kind of a down on his luck kid struggling through hardships. If he can make marvelous stuff like the webshooters why isn't he working for Stark Industries or something and making millions off his inventions so he can just be Spidey 24/7?

Nigga if you don't understand why Peter is a genius and yet still down on his luck then you just straight up don't understand Peter

Spider casuals get off my fucking board

The mechanical web shooters make no sense either. He just developed a super-strong web that can be stored as a super-compact goo that fits into an also super-compact machine that he can wear on his wrists? That's downright magic. At that point, an organ inside his arms producing the web makes more sense.

People invent things. And Peter is such a genius that he's created a company that rivals Tony Stark. Just 20 years ago having smartphones was nothing short of a joke, look where we are now. Tech is fascinating and being able to apply that in such a way that Spider-Man does is such a large part of his character. Far more so than having webs come out of his wrists that never, ever, run out. His body would burn out with the amount of web he uses day to day.

It fills in the same gaps as Wolverine's claws

1. He is, he's much more wealthy than Stark as this point, with a billion dollar multi-national comapny.
2. Spider-Man used to consume all his free time before that.
3. Poor Peter gets more sympathy
4. Peter must suffer

Mechanical, because he is supposed to be a good hearted nerd who gets picked on school for liking science class better than football.

Organic, mechanical was just a burden. You were never worried that he would run out, it was just every once in a while Parker would run out of webbing to make situations more tense.

Granted the "I can't shoot web because I'm depressed" shit was even worse

Mechanical Shooters

>Constant evidence that Peter is intelligent/capable with machines
>Organic webshooters wouldn't be in his wrists
>Organic webshooters are fucking gross as shit

>a burden
>Protending that's not that basis of his character

im on the fence for these reasons

>pure naive innocence
It's almost criminal not to bring it under the people like said

This. Organic webbing only FEELS right because the Raimi movies tried to present Peter as some kind of "spider mutant," but in actuality they are far more ludicrous to accept and develop the character far less than making mechanical webshooters.

This

I can believe organic webs out the wrists, but the sheer volume of webbing he's producing to go on patrol is unbelievable. That's a LOT of fucking protein.

Nobody ever addresses how grotesque his forearms would have to be to accommodate spinnerettes that make enough webbing and support his weight.

all the the examples he provides are emergency, one-time uses for civilians to save lives

I often wondered what someone like Wolverine or Captain America would be like using the web-shooters. It would be a big advantage for them. Then again, Iron Man's an asshole for not making Captain America or Susan Storm armor.

I can believe in MacGuffin super-organs that are way more efficient that real spiders, but we're talking miles and miles of webbing end-to-end, his metabolism should be insane with the amount of webbing he usually uses. It's easily 50,000 kilocalories of material a night.

>Organic, mechanical was just a burden.
THAT'S THE POINT

Are you telling me spider-man, spider-man doesnt actually do anything that a spider can?

Dan Harmon on his podcast made the argument for organic like this:

so, random dude gets bit by a spider and gains all the powers of one; the wall crawling, super strength, spider sense, EXCEPT web slinging? And then by sheer coincidence, this random dude ALSO has a genius level intellect to invent a super web that has never existed before and no one can replicate?

If we're talking "realism", just give him that power if he's already getting all the other spider powers as well. it's a weird extra step.

mechanical webbing is proven to be stronger. and as other posters have said, they show off Peter's intellect. webshooters for life.