I just realized something. Why wasn't there much talk about Asian Super-Man? I mean...

I just realized something. Why wasn't there much talk about Asian Super-Man? I mean, you see Riri Williams and people are losing their shit yet you don't hear a peep about Kenan Kong.
>B-bu he's not replacing Superman
So? How is that any different? People are still idiots (Casuals anyway) and would still think that he will. Like holy shit that Riri Williams thing actually managed to get into my Local Newspaper.

And don't even get me started on Race Pride, like there were so many "WE WUZ IRON MAN" tweets from black chicks on Twitter when that was announced. Were's the Asian Pride?

Would it have gathered more outrage potential if DC released this info way before it was confirmed Superdad was coming back as Superman and basically withheld all the news about the other Supertitles to make it look like Kenan is the real new Superman, I think it could have gotten more attention. It helps that Marvel released this info through a Time Interview so it reached more people, jeez does DC even get that anymore?

Literally who even cares about Superman anymore in the mainstream?

He's Asian, white supremacists love Asians.

Any minority outside of black people basically get the short end of the media hype stick. It's almost as if black people are easier to market as token minorities since any other race could be easily seen as white or white passing, and therefore bad.

Because the people complaining don't read comics but the few that do aren't Asian.

>Were's the Asian Pride?
exactly

He's not black and that's only diverse race that matters.

The main thing is DC didn't announce it separate from the rest of the books to pat themselves on the back. That gave it far less exposure.

I do

The same reason no one cared about the two hispanic Ghost Riders, no one cares unless they're black

Huh, now that you guys mention it, I do remember Val Zod being mentioned in my local news, and I live in Asia so that's really not something that's considered news worthy.

Did the media make much of a fuss for any of the other black Superman DC have created?

DC hasn't advertised Kenan (or Lois as Superwoman) as IT'S THE NEW SUPERMAN!!! GIVE US DIVERSITY ASS PATS! IF WE WERE ANY MORE SELF CONGRATULATORY WE'D HAVE JUST SENT A PRESS RELEASE SAYING "YOU'RE WELCOME"

They are additions to the Superman family, not replacements. Riri is THE NEW IRON MAN! FUCK OFF TONY SHITS! IF YOU HATE IT YOU'RE A RACIST AND SEXIST

Because DC didn't jerk themselves off in front of everyone like Marvel does

And he's the worst part of Earth 2.

>People are still idiots (Casuals anyway) and would still think that he will.
But they didn't, so they don't.
So I'm not sure what you're even asking here.

Iron Man isn't getting replaced by her either, they're just making people think that Marvel is braver than it is.

Marvel treats social media and media in general like old school Paris Hilton.

Casuals don't even know he exists. Which is why the first point in that paragraph was DC revealing New Super-Man to a more widespread method like not in a fucking Stream or Conference that major news site don't really care about. Look at Marvel, they have these press releases for crap like this so those casuals would know so LCS will actually think people will actually buy it.

>Shitty Chinese knockoff is upset known one cares about its crap.

Maybe if you didn't plagiarize you would be taken seriously.

I hope this is good. I like his Avatar well enough but his Superman was shit.

DC didn't act like it was a huge thing, it feels like the creator legitimately has a story planned out and isn't just pushing diversity,and he isn't replacing a legacy hero for no reason

This.

I would bet money it'll be a better story than Whor or any other gimmicky race swaps Marvel is about.

That is an extraordinarily low hurdle to clear.

Since when is China making shoddy knock off of American products particularly newsworthy?

Fucking racist pig

Thank goodness Abnett basically wrote him out

Marvel is a company built around hype/hatred. They have the popular vote in the Super hero arms race because of their movies being easy for the general public to digest.

It's been obvious for a while now that Marvel doesn't really care about comics anymore. They use their books as a way to pad out sales with more and more outrageous stunts and black girl iron man is just another one of those stunts. Will it stick? Of course not, but it generates sales for the month and that's all that matters.

I like easy bets, what can I say?

>B-bu he's not replacing Superman
But he isn't replacing Superman and that makes a huge difference.
The reason you gave to "refute" it was incredibly piss poor
I guarantee you if he was the actual replacement of Superman, there would be a LOT more talk about it

For good or ill, no one really makes a big fuss when DC creates a new minority hero in general really, whether they are related to Batman or Superman or whatever.

It's an official DC Product

One, no one cares about us Asians. For better and worse, our issues are not considered issues in the mainstream, but at least we're not getting shot in the streets like animals.

Two, at nowhere is Kenan billed as better in any way. If anything, he's basically Konnor who grew up in China and never stopped being a dick.

Three, no one cares about DC, for better and worse. Let the story decide its fate.

they're joking stuipd

Because, out off all the non-white races, black people are the ones that trigger off racists the most. I mean look at all the Spider-Man casting threads, it has one of the most diverse casting ever. Yet, everytime a black person is cast the replies get over 300 replies, while white and others struggle.

I wouldn't mind him at all if everyone didn't all of sudden started acting like he's bastion of truth, justice and American way.

Personally, I wouldn't mind him at all if he was dead.

This

I liked his design and I liked his introduction but then he became the star of the book and every other character started treating him like he was the wise moral center of the universe even though that was completely unearned

1. No one really cares about DC they same way they care about Marvel.

2. This place guzzles so much DC cock that they'd find a way to shit on Marvel for providing free food and clothing to orphans.

Probably because when they do it's for publicity rather than charity

They missed an opportunity to name him Dat Ho.

uuuuuuuuuu

Well, that's what I hope for at this point.
I wonder does that happen to every male wearing S.

I don't know why you would give much publicity to a minor character like this marvel has proved the last few months diversity pushing only works in the short term.

Dc is going to keep having there diverse characters without wanking themselves over it like they always have

>not a replacement legacy character, merely part of a major event that includes OG Post-Crisis Superman who is acting as Superman de jure, Super Lois Lane, and Eradicator, along with a mysterious Clark Kent
>China-Man is also kind of an enormous asshole

Its DC...Sup Forums likes DC. It only notices pandering when evil marvel does it.

Well both of those Ghost riders sucked also

A only good nigger is a dead nigger.

Robby is cute! Cute! And he's my self-insert in fanfics with Kamala!

He seems interesting and so far his introduction has been pretty well done.
There's no drama; he's being handled right.

Sup Forums likes him that means other people won't care

go to bed Lex

being this retarded, yet fuctioning

There's just not that culture of back-patting when it comes to DC diversity. They announced the Midnighter and Apollo mini in the NY Times and people didn't make that big of a fuss about it either. People just don't care.

>not black
>male
>not gay/trans bbq

Also because people gushing over diversity shit don't even read comics and only watch the Marvel movies.

>nobody cares about Superman
>Superman is still Superman
>Kenan is another character completely
>DC didn't make a big deal out of it

People on cbr got pissed and racist about him being Superman and others would be too if they actually knew he existed

>people being mad about a new husbando option

smdh

Because they'd only provide to black people, and Bendis will claim that poor white people no real.

>This place likes quality
FTFY

Because Asians are just below white people on the oppression scale, so they might as well be white.
It's a totem pole of privilege.
Whites are at the top, then Asians, then Latinos, then black people at the bottom.

>DC is quality

It's not the 1980's anymore. DC puts out just as much mediocre bland shit as Marvel does nowadays. But because they're second place and not as popular with the "normies" you faggots let it slide.

But he isn't replacing Superman you dumb fuck.

But they're still better than Marvel, at least until they let Morrison, Ennis and Russel write whatever they want.

I do

Everyone posting in this thread obviously

Boxers & Saints and The Shadow Hero are also really good. I think Yang's comfort zone is writing Asain protagonists. I haven't his Supes so it could be bad for other reasons.

It was heavily editorially mandated, so can't blame him.

>implying Sup Forums is mainstream.

Of course not. If we were we won't have to suffer through the yearly meme movies from both companies

Welcome to the difference between the Big Two. Marvel does a victory lap and bangs the drums every time they so much as create a left-handed character, while DC just treats it as par for the course when making new characters.

The god fight club arc of his Superman was fine. Probably could have had a good run if not for the crossover setup/tie-in bullshit the rest of his issues were about.

There's like a dozen Superman titles with Superman on it. If anything, nobody knows that much about Super-Man.

Sometimes I do wish DC pushed their stuff harder.

Well yeah. Which is why I said most mainstream outlets seem more down on Superman as of late.

Blame Snyder.

not a replacement, not a legacy character, he's close to Mon-El than anything, which makes him like Huntress if you want a Batman comparison.

What's the big deal adding more characters to the superman family?

Riri is a hamfisted shock value mary sue character replacing a long established hero, she might as well be Yolanda Montez without the characterization to legitimize her costume.

As a half-black/half-asian female, let me explain how this works to your faggot whiteboi ass.

1. He's not replacing Superman. That alone makes it 100% not the same thing. He's just a guy who got powers.

2. No one cares about "le azn le pride le azn le lives le matter le fuck le da le popo". Go back to tumblr honky.

3. DC aren't being obnoxious faggots asking for a pat on the back like Marvel always does.

4. You're a faggot.

5. No one cares.

No they don't.

>There's like a dozen Superman titles with Superman on it
You actually make a good point indirectly, people are probably desensitized to fill in Supermen after the whole Reign of the Superman thing happened and it ultimately didn't matter much.

The whole being dead, replaced, etc thing has lost its punch for Clark.

>As a half-black/half-asian female
Wait, wait, wait. Stop.
You can't just start going on about other things right out the gate after announcing that. First things first, London?

People don't mind side stories and side stuff. They hate it when you replace the original completely.

For example if they turned Fallout 4 into a mobile game entirely, bethesda would burn down the next day. How about Ghostbusters being completely rebooted and the old one doesn't matter anymore.

>half-black/half-asian female
Just for my own curiosity, which parent is which?

I'm a chink myself and I know my parents would kill me if I dated a black person

Because it's actually going to well written and not inflammatory.

are you actually complaining about a lack of complaining?

When is this guy's book coming out, anyway?

Next week

thanks user

If nobody complains then how can I feel superior to anybody?

You can complain here and feel superior to me :3

Lol, sweet b8, m8. MARVEL is full of sjw faggots who only care about profit. They don't give a flying fuck about their characters. They only want to cater to the biggest Audience that throws their shit around when they don't get their way. IE the fucking retard tumblr audience. Does DC falter? Yeah, most of the new 52 was a shit cluster fuck. Are they at least owning up to it? Yeah. Are they actually trying to make things right for the reader? Yeah. Marvel had to LITERALLY SELL THEIR COMPANY BECAUSE THEY SUCKED SO MUCH COCK. DC might suck dick at making movies, but personally, I'm glad casuals won't even take a fucking god damn step towards DC.

>a business caring about profits
holy shit, the madness

>its an MCUcucks try to act like any consumer should care about profits

no not complaining. I mean the opposite, positive attention. Where was the attention from the people asking for more LGBT Comics when World's Finest Midnighter and Apollo was around? Just market that shit as Gay Batman and Gay Superman.

I can see how that would be misconstrued as literally turning Batman and Superman gay.

Whites hate black people WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than Asians.

DC didn't give an exclusive scoop to Time Magazine about New Super-Man.

I love you. Keep on keepin on.

Asians don't antagonize us. Growing up i had no problem with black people, and then every black person i met and every black person i saw on tv was a colossal ass who hated me for my skin color, and i learned to reciprocate.

>DC aren't being obnoxious faggots asking for a pat on the back like Marvel always does.

Fucking this so goddamn much. Remember how DC created Static Shock AND gave him a show and no one acted like they were fucking jesus?

They hate you lust as much as everyone else.
They can't act like it because muh honor.

More like no one cares as long as you dont fuck over the orginal hero in the process

Oh i know there is hate, i've lived in Korea and Taiwan, i've felt the hate. It's still a lot less common, not nearly as strong, and even when expressed a lot less obnoxious.

>Were's the Asian Pride?
Asia is already proud, in fact Asian countries have TOO MUCH pride as it is. So there is no point trying to advocating more pride, it would be like trying to show off how rich you are. It's obnoxious.

Milestone created Static Shock, but your point isn't invalid.

It's the times we're living in that are the problem.