/who/ - Doctor Who General

Whovians edition
Reminder to make whovians OC to get our memes broadcast on australian TV on a show that gets about 20K viewers and forgotten within a day

Last Time -

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ABC2/status/879145790597324800
radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-27/nobody-is-as-you-think-they-are-in-the-doctor-who-series-10-finale
youtube.com/watch?v=uOJFhKriSH8
strawpoll.me/13283792/
eruditorumpress.com/blog/world-enough-and-time-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=TPhsON-DUYQ
twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/879678226921996288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more like bajostream edition

twitter.com/ABC2/status/879145790597324800

we need to think of a way to use splink

Hello, /who/. Nate (the Faction Paradox fan who shows up in streams) is setting up an fanthology. the idea is that the anthology is all about Unbound Doctors, of various types. Not just the "official" Unbound Doctors, but also any alternate, non-"main 13" Doctors, including the Fatal Death Doctors, the Cabinet Of Light Doctor, the Nick Briggs Doctor from those Audiovisual stories, the Merlin Doctor...etc, as well as original Doctors.

Do you want to write "What if the Doctor was a talking animal?"

Go ahead.

"What if the Doctor had actually brained that cave man in Unearthly Child, and left Ian and Susan to die?"

Write on.

"What if Peter Cushing Doctor had kept on having movies?"

Sure.

"What if the Doctor was the Rani? No, seriously, what if?"

Everyone's the Rani, according to fan speculation.

Have fun. Just write a pitch by July 3rd (N8 doesn't necessarily need a detailed pitch, but it would be good to have a story, rather than just "here's my idea for an original Doctor." (The full story word limit is 8000 words). And the email for pitches is: [email protected] . D All Doctors are welcome, no matter how weird or obscure. (My pitch idea is "What if the Doctor was a mind virus?")

Have fun, and thank you for reading.

P.S: I intend to start accepting submissions for Shit Trips Vol 2 soon.

Could stick a sign on the telephone pole for it, or sneak in a train crossing sign there and replace the words with splink

radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-27/nobody-is-as-you-think-they-are-in-the-doctor-who-series-10-finale

I was thinking of just slapping their faces on the kids in the splink commercial and sending that in, I don't know if they'd find it funny enough though

by which I mean the video of the entire commercial, not just a picture

The video itself is extremely funny.

>Mmm... sausages...

What did RTD mean by this?

Note: N8's anthology, and Shit Trips 2, are completely separate fanthologies.

It's a showrunner
a HOMOSEXIAN showrunner!

Hello RTDchads.

Fuck off

Will TDF be GOAT? Will the Moff stick the landing? ...It's his last chance to...

Stop saying that word

Do people have ideas for Shit Trips 2?

Not an RTDchad, but hello.

>all out war with the cybermen
Nah m8, it's gonna be shit.

My idea is don't do it.

Fuck or off?

It's going to be a competent story with controversial plot elements that make it divisive, just like the other two capaldi finales

>mfw Moffat is gunna fuck it up

It's gonna be a fucking clusterfuck and I'm gonna love it

Turn Left or Eleventh Hour

I don't have any solid ideas but i wanna rep my boy sixxie

The Eleventh Hour

TL

I wonder what will happen to Nardole.
I hope he won't die but I know they need to get rid of him before 13th starts his run.

I can picture him doing the "ultimate sacrifice".

Turn Left

Why is that?

Actually, this is the rare finale that's just "Doctor protects a small group of people from enemies." Last time that finale type was floated around, it was the never-made ep with Ten defending that bus of passengers.

Sounds nice.

I just assumed he'd go off on his own after seeing everything get fucked up. Especially since it seems like the only reason he's with the Doctor in the first place is to guard Missy.

>filename
RTDCucks confirmed for tumblrinas

Only reason he stuck around is for guarding the Vault which is now over. I think he may go off with the remaining Mondas Humans to help rebuild etc. No reason to kill him off.

Yeahhhh, feels good being a RTDchad.

>No reason to kill him off.
it'll be some bonus DARKEST HOUR points to set up the christmas special being about redemption

I mean he's a weird robot thing. Maybe he will just get blasted off somewhere.

Yep, it would be fine.

Would you say that Nardole and the Doctor have grown to like each other and are now friends ?
Will the Doctor feel sad when he'll leave ?
I know I kind of will because it felt good to have an alien companion for once.

Nardole has genuinely been the best thing about this series

>"ooh, you're blue!"

ummmm sweetie blue people are killed by the judoon at twice the rate as humans it's nothing to joke about

are you ready

Well Nardole's role was from River to keep the Doctor in check. So given that Doctor will likely be sad about the failure of Missy and the "death" of Bill I think he will get separated from him rather than leave on his own choice.

I guess he'll be fine.
He's the best rumored actor to take the role anyway.

Is Ben Daniels still a possible thing ?

The doctor will care more about parting ways with nardole than parting ways with bill, because he depends more on nardole and has been with him longer

Anybody else has developed a little crush on Missy this series?

As long as there's some Capaldi/Simm kino I'll be satisfied.

No, I hate that she never talks seriously.
Her irony is very tiring in the long run.

where'd the 21st century human laptop come from?

Turn Left.

His arse

At this point I'll be disappointed if missy DOESN'T cause simm to regenerate tbqh desu

EH

youtube.com/watch?v=uOJFhKriSH8

I work at the Cardiff BBC studios and I've got a bit of a scoop for you, you might want to pop a bit of money on this at the bookies before this news gets out to take advantage of some good odds (you'll thank me later).

The production team is being really careful about the identity of the actor playing Doctor Who, but they are a bit lax about other things. While cleaning their office I found a printed out document. On it it was detailing the new cast for the next series, after the Christmas special.

The Noodle guy or whatever his name was is still in it, but now he is being played by rolly polly funnyman Dara O'Brian instead of rolly polly funnyman Matt Lucas.

This means he is a time lord and regenerates or he gets a new body somehow (not outside the realms of possibility as he was decapitated in one episode I think).

They're making a new tardis for next year too but it's not past the design stage yet.

I wasn't a huge Missy fan in S8 and 9 but she was fabulous in WEAT

It's refreshing to hear a genuine Scottish accent on TV, not trying-to-not-sound-too-Scottish Karen Gillan or incredibly-posh-but-sometimes-incomprehensible like Capaldi

>The Noodle guy or whatever his name was
trying too hard desu

>death grips

Indeed. I have totally unique and alternative taste.

The Five-ish Doctors and Adventures in Space and Time were so kino. The 50th in general was handled really well.

I don't know why they put the energy into posting it at all.

>pretending they don't know Nardole's name
>pretending there haven't been multiple lines about him having a different appearance
>pretending it's possible to bet on the actor who will replace Nardole???

>The 50th in general was handled really well.
Absolutely nobody was saying this back then.

IMPORTANT POLL
strawpoll.me/13283792/

I barely know any of those names

Really? I remember things being really positive. Then again I wasn't posting in /who/ back then.

He's called Narnvile or Nardole but I didn't want to search the spelling before I gave you guys the news, sorry.

>strawpoll.me/13283792/
from this list easily Olivia Colman and I don't even really want a female Doctor

eruditorumpress.com/blog/world-enough-and-time-review/

I chose Natalie Dormer. I would rather have Rose Leslie as the Doctor, though.

Dude, this is weak. You need to put more effort into it.

Stuck a grand on this. Thanks for the tip m8

Dalton is one of Rassalon's regens and they need to use him more for that.

>thinks Pyramid is better than World Enough and Time

Peter Serafinowicz would make an amazing Master.

You can bet on anything at a good bookies.

I went in one once and bet £50 on the outcome of tossing 3 coins. Lost my money but I could have made a tidy profit if it had come up all tails.

>tfw Sean Pertwee as the 3rd Doctor Shows up

>the regeneration sequence at the start of the ep was only filmed 2 weeks ago

youtube.com/watch?v=TPhsON-DUYQ

He'd be pretty GOAT for disguises.

Sandy has the hots for Harness.

If they can recast the 1st Doctor they can do it for the others.

I want Classic Doctors in Chibbers era.

This guy's fuckin' weird. Also Jesus Christ, that comments section...

What, you don't know about our lord and saviour Phill Sandifer?

Colman is a really talented actor and she's got that charming goofyness factor, sort of like Capaldi.

Dormer would work better as the Master imo. He's got a seriously bitchy face even though she's pretty. Leslie though... damn I think she's my new favourite.

Yeah I know him, that's why I have an opinion about him

Does the Doctor realise that the Master lusts after his timecock?

He got jealous for a bit when he went for Adric

What do you expect? He's the Moviebob of Doctor Who fans.

Haven't seen any of the classic who's, but was there ever a feudal japanese story?

Japan never showed up in Classic Who

Good comparison. I don't like MovieBob either but I find his videos extremely watchable and certainly interesting.

No Claire Sweeney?

No Brian Blessed?

No Kevin Spacey?

No Rupert Grint?

Warriors of the Deep

Was the base near Japan or did they stop at Japan some point in the story?

Without hope
Without witness
Without reward

The Japanese navy feature heavily in the story

I don't know about the novel, but in the story it's not made clear where the base is

>Also the odd looking man with a foreign accent who pretends to be nice but is underneath it all evil seems a very misjudged move for Dr Who 2017...
>I didn’t think of it that way, but it’s a very valid observation. Perhaps a redemptive reading of that could be “a man who pretends to be ‘one of us’, but really has ties to the ruling elite, betrays a working-class, queer woman of colour”?

Jesus Christ.

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/879678226921996288

>The Mondasian cybermen doing 'DELETE'

JUST