What is the best version of magic user you seen Sup Forums...

what is the best version of magic user you seen Sup Forums? how do you have a magic user in a team without that character not just winning all the time. or worse losing all the time because they are to new or a bullshit thing is stopping them like Nico Minorus magic staff that limits her spells to only work once.

Naruto does magic (ninjustu/genjustsu) pretty well. Hell most asian media handles magic well. I don't get why the west has this hard on for vague omnipowerful shit.

"An author's ability to solve conflict satisfactorily with magic is directly proportional to how well the reader understands said magic."
So basically good and believable magic users happen dwell in the detailed and thoroughly constructed worlds (i.e. not Harry Potter-like shit). So answering the question: ATLA/Wakfu because magic so integral for the world and by extension for the characters that it's a part of what they are, without actually overemphasizing on it. The worst possible magic users are from superhero comics, where magic is just an another superpower made to make the character distinguishable and therefore marketable.

yeah fuck ninjutsu is pretty damn cool way of using magic isn't it.

it's pretty common to talk backwards to shout magic spells but I always disliked it because it makes everyone who can't use magic seem retarded that they don't try to learn a few useful magic phrases

It doesn't have to be that way though. With comics you have issues of self contained stories you could use to lay the groundwork for the type of magic you want to use. The problem is that writers are lazy and like the easy out that magic gives.

i'm not that well informed in cape comics magic users but how do they have multiple kind of magic users? like dr fate and zatana or dr strange and that black vodoo guy that can talk to the dead.

I don't understand what you mean by how they have multiples.

like how come nico minorus use magic that is very limited for her when she can just learn the same magic dr strange use.

but I guess it's the same thing as how can magic or religion and technology coexist in the marvel universe

>how come nico minorus use magic that is very limited for her when she can just learn the same magic dr strange use.
Firstly Nico's magic works to her convenience since the Staff of One is coded to her blood, all she has to do is think and speak and it will do what she asks which simplifies things. Secondly the magic the Sorceror Supreme knows would take years for her to learn and master from a teacher, which would not be very convenient when she's on the run most of the time.

Also there's nothing preventing magic, religion and technology coexisting in any universe. In our universe they've existed just fine.

> worse losing all the time because they are to new or a bullshit thing is stopping them

>My backwards magic isn't working!

t. All of Justice League Dark.

>Also there's nothing preventing magic, religion and technology coexisting in any universe. In our universe they've existed just fine.

...fuck I don't want to be that guy
but source please! reverse images search doesn't give me anything.

google only give "cartoon"

I uploaded to a random Sup Forums thread.
Good luck
Jk

ngggggg
thank you.

White Witch from the Legion of Super-Heroes. She straight up uses D&D style Vancian magic. Prepare a spell ahead of time, activate at your leisure. Simple.

>How do you have a magic user in a team without that character not just winning all the time. or worse losing all the time because they are to new or a bullshit thing is stopping them?
Establish a set of rules and stick to them. If you want to introduce something new, establish it early before it becomes important.

The best magic users are ones with very limited specific magic powers so its basically a super power.

That's wrong.

it's boring though.

that's kinda the worse way.

At that point you might as well remove magic from the equation.

>D&D style Vancian magic

could you elaborate on what that is or is it to complex?

Stuff like

>Prepare Resurrection
>Can only cast it once or twice that day

and so on.

>collect reagents
>mix into formula
>store for later use
It's really that simple, with the additional need to draw on a specific source of magical energy(usually a deity of some kind).

Mysa's source of power is the Sorcerer's World, a planet which serves as one of the last wells of magical energy left in the 31st century.