>Yfw OMD is retconned completely

>Superior Ben

Oh shit.

>YFW this will never happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM

>Young Aunt May in MCU
Unless Peter Parker is suddenly back in high school, this seems really unlikely

Plus they already have the Spidey book for teen Peter

Aren't you ready for May dying and Pete coming to terms with it?

And the whole One More Day marriage poof being pointless?

I sure am.

>Yfw Peter Parker dies and is replaced by a high school aged clone
You seriously don't think they'd do this, user?

Isn't this the best time to kill off peter and give miles the spotlight

Oh good, kill two Peters to try and make way for Black Peter, who'll just fall back into Group comics eventually.

What a terrific idea, Peter needs to die every year to make way for OC characters.

I never really read spiderman much.
Why tf are clones such a big part of his mythology?

As much as Slott pretends to like Miles on twitter because he's black, Slott doesn't want 616 Peter to die and be replaced by Miles.

Hell, Bendis actually wanted to and tried to have Peter Parker killed in Civil War 2:Electric Boogaloo (more than likely so he could replace him with Miles since his book is all about him wanting to be called THE Spider-Man and not Black Spider-Man) and Slott had to fight against Bendis to not kill Peter Parker off.

I.e. Bendis wants Miles to be the one true Spider-Man. Slott wants to keep writing ASM.

It's more that the clone saga was a neat idea at first but it got dragged out way too long.

It did give us Ben Riley, who was a fucking legend.
It also gave us Kane, who was also pretty swell after he started to become more of a hero.

ya know, I wouldn't mind so much Marvel's current trend of Legacy heroes. IF THE ORIGINAL HERO ACTUALLY STAYED DEAD! Why should I give a single fuck about the new Thor, captain America, Spider-Man, when in two - five years the old one will be back and status quo will reset as if nothing ever happened. I can't be the only one who wants change to be permanent.

>all this delusion
I'll just wait to laught at you marriage fags

It all started with a pretty short arc, that ended with the Jackal dead, the clones dead and Peter realizing that he was letting the memory of Gwen go and started really focusing on MJ
They brought it back years later to write another chapter of the "Marvel editors don't think people can relate to Spidey if he's married" book.
They basically revealed that all the characters that were thought to be dead from the previous saga were actually alive all along, that Peter was the actual clone and not the one that was thought dead, Ben Reilly, and for a period Ben took the place of Peter as Spider-man The idea was letting the married Spidey go living his life and focusing on the new, unmarried, "superior" Spider-man
While people liked Ben, they liked Peter more, so in the end they revealed that Peter was actually the real one and it was all a plot by Norman Osborn, that wasn't really dead either In the Spider-Man comics the character don't come back to life, they are simply "revealed" of having being hiding for years or decades

Quasada has been saying for a while that they should have kept him a teen.....

>Isn't this the best time to kill off peter and give miles the spotlight

I seriously hope you're baiting. Miles is the Luigi of the Spidey mythos, actually, scratch that. At least Luigi has actually done shit to set him apart from Mario.

No, it's about time Miles got his own hero name and became an actual characters.

>Why should I give a single fuck about the new Thor, captain America, Spider-Man

You shouldn't give a "single fuck," as you so eloquently put it, about them to begin with. Because they are unnecessary.

This. Legacy characters are literally all the same and the only reason they get popular is the first place is the name recognition, which needless to say is only built on much more interesting characters who earned their popularity. It's literally the most lazy and infuriating thing in comics.

I know, right? That shitty Wally West should just be erased from existence and never be referenced again

>"Life as a spider clone is /hard/. Especially when you have to go to highschool."

>"Oh look, my clone friends, Flash, Harry, Gwen, and MJ! They're all teens too!"

>"Hi young clone Aunt May"

>"What's that Jonah? I remind you of someone? Hmmmmmm.....I think your mind is playing tricks on you!"

This all seems incredibly horrible, and is why I'm not following serials, in particular Marvel's.

I can't have any real effect on this so I just want to ask you guys to go ahead and not fucking buy whatever terrible thing comes out of this. New Young Spider-Man or killing him off for Miles or whatever the hell happens. I don't care how outrageous or insane it is, just please don't reward them for it.
This is the zombie hand and you are all Ash Campbell.

I think if they did something like that, they'd need to do an actual universe reboot.

>>marvel loves to make their comics match the MCU

this isn't entirely true.

>Ash Campbell.

The two become one.

Oh god, keeping Slott on ASM is the lesser of two evils...

You're either new to this or don't pay attention.

We just have to stick through it user. At least we know Pete wont get killed off unjustly for quite some time. Maybe we'll get some kick ass spin offs written by competent people.

Not really. If Bendis did do this Disney would likely throw a fit. Spider-Man is their number one selling book by a fucking landslide. It could be dumb enough to get Bendis fired.

No, it's about time Miles was killed off and cast aside as a colossal mistake.

Well, Slott was good for something at least.

>Not really. If Bendis did do this Disney would likely throw a fit.

Well, he just turned Iron Man into a 15 year old negress and Disney hasn't said squat. Admittedly, Tony Stark isn't Spider-Man, but still -- Bendis is pretty powerful over at Marvel Comics and is dead set determined to make sure Spider-Man is made black before he retires. It's what gets his ass up in the morning.

The sound of wallets snapping closed it the only thing that would redirect Marvel from doing this sort of nonsense. But comic buyers keep walking into the same snake pit over and over and over and over and over....

>>Marvel loves to make their comics match the MCU

>Female Thor
>Black/Pink Hair Iron "Man"
>BW in background
>SW doing fuck all
>Asian Hulk
>Black Cap
>No Falcon
>Guardian team in name only
>Dead warmachine
>Vision isn't even a fucking hero
>Bucky fucked off
>Spidy playing Tony Stark
>QS alive and ugly

Could you be any more wrong?

A lot of that is recent and an answer to the Synergy controversy though.

When the Marvel writers had access to the scripts and plots of the movies they were taking things for perfect synergy.

And they're still doing synergy. Bendis only killed Rhodey because of the movies. He thought he was dying there and decided to kill him in the comics too.

Reminder that editorial were going to bring back Gwen back in 2007 but didn't have the balls then. You MJfags are about to get one hell of an anniversary present.

I thought Slott hates Peter but Brevoort forces him to keep the character at the center of the book?

Wasn't he only allowed to do Spider-Verse if he brought Peter back? Wasn't that the deal they struck for it's approval?

Tony Stark isn't nearly as marketable as Spider-Man. Whenever a new ASM hits it's always the number one sale. Disney would be high to let Marvel get away with ruining that.

Next movie that comes out Iron Man will be back. How much of a newfag can you be? Remember when Stark and Spidey turned evil?

This. Even Bendis knows that Peter Parker sells, not just Spider-man.

>Slott is our guy
Oh Lord.

When was the last time we had anything close to the movies avengers team? Avengers world before Cap remembered everything? And was there secret plans in the movie to turn Thor into a woman? Because he hasn't been Thor for a year or more now. And how do you explain the characterzations for everyone? Almost all of them act nothing like their movie versions.

They weren't around during the doom event.
Prior to that we did the whole incursion thing with depowered cap and others in secret groups.

This synergy nonsense is meme shit. If it were true than we wouldn't be hearing all this bitching of Marvel tumbler pandering. Now if you're saying the non MCU properties are getting the short end of the stick then I'd agree. Heck I'll meet you half way and say guardians got hit hard by it. But they were already sinking down to the Z list prior to the movie.

Praise DC Rebirth

>You MJfags are about to get one hell of an anniversary present.

Senpai, yes.

>arch

Literally faggot casual: the question

Actually (according to an interview) Slott wanted to bring Peter back way too early, around the first time Otto and Peter fought in the mindscape. But one of his writer buddies told him to keep it up till around the movie comes around to boost sales.

>tfw modern Marvel is 90s DC

I was on my phone and it auto corrected, sue me. I had that shitty thing on that changes the word as you type it.

>Next movie that comes out Iron Man will be back. How much of a newfag can you be? Remember when Stark and Spidey turned evil?

Are you implying comics' status quo doesn't change? Like it operates independently in its own cycles? Well fuck, that explains why Superman isn't dead.

But really no shit user. I'm sure Hulk classic, She-Hulk, man Thor, War Machine and others will be back too by then because IM4 doesn't even have a fucking release date.

Point is the synergy crap doesn't add up when the most of the movie characters are pushed off to the side and the teams don't look anything at all like the movies. But maybe I missed farmer Hawkeye cause I don't read him.

Man Thor is coming back. Conveniently while we're getting closer to Thor: Ragnarok. Also, War Machine only died because of the Civil War movie. Why do you think the mutants are going extinct and the FF are trapped on Battleworld?

>And how do you explain the characterzations for everyone? Almost all of them act nothing like their movie versions.

The fuck are you talking about?

Tony is NOTHING like he was before the movies. He's RDJ to the extreme now.

Widow has had constant scenes like the "red on my ledger" scene from Avengers since the movie. Even directly quoting that scene more than once.

Bendis's early Guardians was directly ripping from an early script right down using the same proposed team because he had access to it.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids anymore and have the movie origins now.

To be fair, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver thing have always been a clusterfuck, even before the movies.

It started with the first Clone Saga in the 70's. Jackal was Gwen Stacy's professor and was obsessed with her. He's mad at Spider-Man for letting her die, so he makes a Gwen clone and a Spider-Man clone. Spider-Man and the Spider-Clone fight. It ends with one of the Spider-Men dead, the Jackal dead, and the Gwen clone leaving to find a new life.

20 years later in the 90's, Marvel had the idea to "reboot" Spider-Man by revealing the Spider-Man clone had survived and was the real Peter while the Peter who we've been following since the 70's was a clone. Clone Peter and MJ would leave New York and the other Peter would take over as Spider-Man. The second Clone Saga was born.

At first the Clone Saga sold really well, so Marvel kept making them drag it out. More clones, evil clones, clone bombs, double secret clones. It was then decided that the Peter we've been following since the 70's should be the real Peter after all, so the Clone Saga was dragged out even more to undo the changes the Clone Saga just implemented.

This went on for over two years. It was such a clusterfuck that clones have become a weird meta joke about the Spider-Man mythos.

It was in a nice place though for years though.

Marvel didn't touch it because it was a clusterfuck, they did it because they don't profit off Magneto movies.

I remember an user saying those two years of stories took up about 10 volumes of the Epic Collection reprints.

To give you an idea of how much material there was in this period.

According to wikipedia

The relevant issues are:
Web of Spider-Man #117–129
Sensational Spider-Man #0–11
Amazing Spider-Man #394–418
Spider-Man #51–75
Spectacular Spider-Man #217–240
Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 1) #7–14

107 issues of Clone Saga, not counting one-shots and spin-offs.

What do you think will happen with that Gwen clone? I've heard that JMS wanted to bring her back along with Harry after OMD. Will they do that now?

It's the worst time because they have a Peter Parker Spider-Man movie coming out next year and you know how Marvel is with synergy.

It's slott ,I never like where this is going.

I'm 100% sure they want to bring Gwen back into the main universe in some fashion. Either Spider-Gwen's going to get plopped there when her book gets canceled or they're going to use this clone or some form of chicanery to bring her back.

Oh yes the MCU
>where Jane is Thor
>Nova is an avenger
>Nova exist
>Tony is about to be replaced by a black girl
>where they are fuckload of spiderman >Cap is brainwhashed
>Red Skull has a cosmic cube
>Where Bucky is part of the thunderbolts
>etc

But muh chitauri, or my Guardians of the galaxy, or Agents of Shield characters.
You blow this MCU and Marvel comics out of proportion

People do that all the fucking time, I don't get why. What word if their brain telling them arc is supposed to be short for, architecture?

>Thor will be back for Ragnarok
>Richard Rider will come back if they use him in MCU
>Tony will come back if RDJ agrees to stay Iron Man
>Spider-Man will be shoe horned a shit ton if merchandising have any say in this.
>Hydra Cap will end before the next Avengers

I don't think you understand how the synergy works.

Is that book canon in 616? I dont want Lee's stuff retconned.

No.

Thanks.

Isn't it basically meant to be a kind of 'untold tales' book more than anything else? Or is it just a non-canon teen adventure hero book?

White Rabbit is in the first issue which takes place years before Peter actually met her. It's not canon.

Thing is with the Guardians and Johnny with the Inhumans. They're 100% safe. Doom also will become Iron Man.

And the whole Mutants going extinct will end up being bullshit. Even Alonso said today that not everything is like it seems.

What the hell is a "Perfect Clone"?

A clone that isn't dying of imperfect clone sickness I guess?

Non-canon teen adventure. But Spidey has been relatively fun in a Marvel Adventures sort of way, despite Robbie Thompson being inconsistent with the writing chores. Sometimes he's on, other times not. The first three issues featured some of the best art of any Spider-Man book courtesy of Nick Bradshaw, then it was saddled with horrible art for the next four. Nate Stockman has taken over the art as of issue #8 and it's been a major improvement.

Anyway, at least it feels like a Spider-Man book which is more than you can say for most of the other dreck out there.

I actually enjoy Iron Man Lite Spider-Man

I know it isn't the best thanks to Slott, but I like the idea of Parker Industries not being abandoned after Superior and think that it is an enjoyable new concept for Peter