Will you play it?

Will you play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxPCxvxzujo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

definitely

I just hope when they said they're improving the combat and class system they really mean it. if you look at Stick of Truth as an interactive South Park movie, it's fucking amazing. But as a video game, not so much. All equipment is available regardless of what class you pick, and really the only difference between the classes is what special attacks you get, which you can pretty much get through the whole game without using if you have powerful enough gear.

yes

Yeah, I thought it was a little weird that I picked the mage class, but I could wear heavy armor and wield a katana.

>the only difference between the classes is what special attacks you get, which you can pretty much get through the whole game without using if you have powerful enough gear.

Yeah, like you're NOT going to use those hilarious attacks.

They knew the gameplay was mediocre. They literally say it. So Im sure they'll improve it. I cant wait to play as a speedster

The companion's special attacks are hilarious, and are actually important because their standard attacks don't do much. But the ones the new kid gets just makes combat take longer.

Never played the first.. Heard nothing but good things tho. Maybe discounted I'll give it a shot.

This has UPLAY DRM on it. Sooooo I'll probably pirate it and then play it.

You can also look up all the cutscenes on youtube, but youll miss out on the good stuff in between, like the mogolians.

Got it for three bucks recently. Just got on board the spaceship.

Yea I mean I enjoy RPG-lite games like this SEEMS to be. And South park is occasionally funny as all Hell. Is the first worth playing through now?

>mongorians

FTFY

If the classes have actual unique abilities, like say the speedster can move faster in the overworld, then I'll be satisfied.

I hope they balance out the overpowered issues. In an hour I managed to become overpowered and kill my enemies or disable them. I hope they fix those issues.

Sure, it's not worth $30. Wait for it to go on sale again.

Gotchu. Preciate the insight. Here, have some cool art

>try to fight Gore for the first time
>get my shit kicked in

>get a weapon that inflicts burning damage
>add gross damage patch
>wear that motherfucker down in fucking five turns

Felt good man.

>Uplay
I guess I can play it on one of my friends' consoles, but this still pisses me off.
Stick of Truth didn't have that shit. I guess I have Obsidian to thank for that. I'm sure it's no coincidence that the new game has Uplay and it's made by an internal Ubisoft team.

i kek'd every time i missed kenny's and ended up dead

The companions have good special attacks, but with the right weapons and strap ons, my standard attacks were a lot more useful than the specials.

Absolutely.

I used bleed and gross, bleed was OPed in SoT

Yes

I think burn damage is how I won every fight in the later half of the game.

Yeah but I'll have to buy a new mouse first. My current mouse as a fucked up button so it registers every right click as two clicks.

Al Gore was the only challenging fight.
The final boss had an interesting gimmick, but it was still easy.

I beat Gore thanks to Jimmy's songs

> There once was a maiden from st-st-st-st-sto-Stoneberry Hollow

Too early to be saying this, but I hope if they make a third game they ditch the "kids dressing up and playing" gimmick and have everyone just being themselves in their every day clothing.

And then be an adventure game instead of an RPG?

Of course.
Only gay people wouldn't play it.
You aren't gay, right user?

The anti-Uplay circlejerk is real. Uplay is so minimalistic and functional I simply don't understand people who talk shit about it. You open Uplay. You click the game you want to play. The game launches. It's exactly like Steam.

I am gay but I will still play it

>>>/reddit/

>there are people that will side with Kenny after he stole the stick and tried destroy the world by becoming a nazi zombie princess and then blamed it all on his PMS

> she didn't talk much but boy did she sw-sw-swallow

youtube.com/watch?v=uxPCxvxzujo

It's one of the shittiest reasons to pirate ever. Sure, if you're playing an old game and literally cannot get past the DRM, then go ahead and crack or pirate it. But if you're pirating just because you don't like DRM, then you're a shitbag.

Congratulations. It seems you have the single exact configuration that Uplay works properly on.

If your PC can't handle Uplay, your PC is shit and you should feel really bad about it. Uplay requires less resources than Steam to run because Uplay has less than a tenth of the extra features Steam offers.

This. Its like getting mad that stores have LP against shop lifters

>Uplay
Not even once
Maybe when the crack hits

Better then games for Windows live that's for sure
I gave up on getting my arkham city preorder bonuses to work

It also comes free with copies of the new game so if that ends up being as good as its shaping up to be them you can get a free copy (dont remember how much I spent, waited to hear about how well it did first but Im gonna be less cautious on this one and will probably own it within the first month)

probably not. i didn't play the first one despite loving the source material, the writing (from the bits i've seen), the game mechanics, basically everything about it... i just... yknow, that's not enough to have it. other things have to happen first. I'm not exactly sure what those things are.. I don't really get games very often, and when it comes to ones on PC it takes me a long time to get around to playing them

If it gives me romance options with Stan and Kenny i'll buy ten copies. If not i'll enjoy getting it used for 5 bucks.

Play it,if you like the series you are going to love the game.

Kenny is a whore that sucked Howard Stern's dick for 10 bucks. You'd be better off staying away from him.

Yes because Stick of truth was amazing fun and It was the most perfect TV to video game adaptation ever made.

You know you can turn it off in the options now, same with notifications.

Yeah but that was a long time ago, he's changed in the last few seasons to be pretty good.

You're a fucking idiot.

Play it? Definitely. Pay for it? Not until it's severely discounted.

Sadly I can't torrent so I don't even know how I'll pirate it unless someone puts it on Mega.

Yes, I'm curious what the other 7(?) classes are alongside speedster, blaster and being a big rocky bruiser

There is a new combat system. You can check it out in the video they released at e3

I don't really like the special moves they showed from FbW, they just seem like generic super-hero attacks and not south park, like if in SoT they had generic fire spells instead of igniting farts

To be fair it's a lot harder to adjust superhero stuff then fantasy stuff

We already got a good deal of larping with the first game, i dont mind the effects changing to match the super hero aesthetic.

Even though i would love another fantasy role playing look again, or an anime looking version in the same style as Fun Times with Weapons.

Yes, and I will join The Coon.

Of course. Or at least (if I can't afford it), I'll watch some gameplays.

This, once you got a few stacks of bleed on any enemy, you could just wait out the end of the battle. I had to start fucking up attacks on purpose to see all the content each battle would offer, especially bosses.

I'm not into those type of games, hell the only games I play are madden and 2k but I do watch all put together cut scenes.

On one hand I'm all for the new system because Live A Live combat is objectively the most superior

On the other hand I am deeply sorry that I can't just play ME AND BUTTERS SAVE THE WORLD: THE GAME: THE EXPERIENCE again

Just give me info of the character classes, FUCK

I just spammed coffee and Bull Rush to break down his armor to ass

Best Ally
>By the Hammer of Butters

Will character summons make a return? shit was fun to watch

I hope so, that way we can have BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO

I never understood Holy damage, especially with Butters. Who is actually affected by it?

If Tweek x Craig shows up in the game, I'll buy two copies. If they kiss or are made canon, or even hold hands, or buy five copies. If there's a romance option where you get to be with a boy even if your character is male, I'll buy ten copies. If one of the romance options is Butters, I'll fucking buy all the copies in my store.

DO YOU HERE ME TREY AND MATT? I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING!

Eventually yes. The only concern I have now is that as much as I liked the first one I had no real motivation to replay it afterwards.

No joke i would actually buy multiple copies if that last one happened. Maybe give one out as gifts to a friend. Wouldnt be the first time i've supported games i loved in a similar fashion.

Too bad it wont happen. Matt and Trey already caved with a female option as an easy out.

I figured it was just another name for bonus damage if you nailed the attack.
Looked like it wrecked Hobos more than anything

>Matt and Trey already caved with a female option as an easy out.
Hmm? What happened?

They rather coyly or cheekily confirmed that you can play as a girl in the next game. That's about all we know so far.

im a big sp fan but i didnt care about stick of truth for a long time until recently.

the combat is probably the weakest element of the game but its still pretty fun.

i really like how they transfer the humor from the show to a game, some levels are just funny because they are so damn absurd, like when youre shrunken down in that ventilation shaft and you see and hear your own parents fuck in the background or when youre in mr slaves asshole. or how frustrated i got with this non conformity dance but when i found out how to do it i just thought it was a clever way and very typical for them. its a cool game, will check out the new one eventually.

Dude, PMS is no joke, my dad died of it.

>They rather coyly or cheekily confirmed that you can play as a girl in the next game

How would the continuity work with that?

They pretend like you were a girl all along if you choose to play as one?

Murdered by an irate woman? It happens countless times a year, it's high time we do something about it.

>Who is actually affected by it?
Nazi zombies.

It's not worth any more than ten bucks.

Craig pls go and stay go, we're twice as gay as you are.

Oh yeah, well i'm a catamite.

No, you went to gender re-assignment surgery.
It's a nod to Mr Garriosn and his multiple sex-changes.

It triggers a side-quest to regrow your dick on a rat if you wanna be male again.

I would also accept them making it so you stay a boy but only respond to female pronouns. When Cartman doesnt understand why the other boys say that because you identify as a girl, you're basically playing as one. All that changes are the pronouns in the story.

It's a cost effective way to get a laugh at people saying they need to play as a girl.

That would be funny.
Also a dig at Cartmand doing the transgender thing to get his own toilet room in school.

Hahaha yeah I love trannies and hate normal women. Putting a bunch of trannies in this game would sure stick it to those losers that aren't even mentally ill!

Probably... once it gets a little cheaper.

I picked up Stick of Truth on the summer sale and I had a fucking blast with it.

Im hoping for either a PC Principal follower or at least a summon

Uplay even has some cool features of its own. The little things you can unlock with the achievment points are neat little rewards, even if its most likely just cut content.

I dont know where the irony in this post begins and ends.

Fucking $110 Canuckbucks for the game AND season pass. I don't know friend, I don't know.

Its free on pirate bay

Didn't know the CAD was that worthless these days.

Was there any DLC for the first game?

Yep you bet your ass am playing it.

Yeah but it was useless armor that becomes useless after a literal hour

Probably not. The Stick of Truth was one of the most boring games I've ever played, and I doubt this one will magically be good.

Eh, Stick of Truth wasn't the best combat system in the universe, but the game was still a better RPG than DA:I.

The whole Battle Network grid system should make things much more interesting.