/LANG/ Language learning general

>Learning resources
First and foremost check the Sup Forums Wiki. Please contribute to the wiki as you learn a new language. Many pages need updates. Some pages are completely absent (Hungarian for example)

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Check """pastebin.com/ACEmVqua"""; for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.

/Lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk# (Links to the other folders, apparently it was taken down from the original drive)

How's the studying going, /lang/?

I've been offered free Chinese classes, but I'm not really sure if I can be bothered.
Should I try it, just for the kicks? I only really speak English and Danish, and of course a little bit of German.

Try it just for kicks. I mean a lot of people like to learn on their own here to start, but, no need to turn down free if you are motivated. Might give you a great start!

I guess, you're right. I'm signing up. Thanks, user!

Have fun!

Uni is too hard for my brainlet self, I will just focus on studying languages and translate stuff

I made it through engineering school and here I am at 32 barely able to learn Spanish. Been at it for 6-7 months and can read some but can't speak barely any. I just hope it starts to click soon, I'm learning the structure better I guess. I'm about 250 hours in. :/

¡Mucha suerte!

Muchisimas gracias!

Bumpe

pretty okay ive almost learn the hiragana and i like them they are fun

Pretty good, I've spent a solid 5 hours in the last 3 days on Spanish. A decent start but I want to ramp up to at least 3-4 hours a day every day so I can conversational within 6 months.

Already know English, Polish, Slovak ( enough to communicate ) and a little bit of German.

I started off really strong with Spanish but work is fucking me, only have about an hour a day for it now and it's not prime hours (tired, end of day hours). I'm still trucking though.

Could be better, my textbook has been kinda slow though so it doesn't feel like i've been learning much. And I need to get back into the anki groove, I keep missing a day or two in between runs.

Fuck your work, wake up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour earlier, give your rested time to your studies, let your work have your tired time.

bump

Yeah I know, I know. I can't get up any earlier though. I'm already getting up at 6, then I have to go to dinner a lot at night, sometimes out until late. This is the worst time of year. These next two months I'll want to kill myself.

>Learning language
For what purpose? English is well enough.

Does anyone know any good resources for learning Toaq?

How long do you spend each day and what tools do you use?

To waste time.