Edgar Wright Will Never Watch Marvel’s Ant-Man

>Speaking with Uproxx about his new film Baby Driver, Wright admitted he not only hasn’t seen Ant-Man, but hasn’t even watched the trailer.

>“I haven’t seen it and I haven’t even seen the trailer…The closest I came to it was that somebody sitting near me on a flight was watching it. And when I saw that the person sitting next to me was going to watch the movie, I thought, hmm, maybe I’m going to do some work on my laptop.”

>And while he says he doesn’t regret leaving the film, it would be hard for Wright to view the movie without picking it apart. As for any issues between him and Reed, Wright admits they essentially haven’t had any communication.

>“I have not spoken to him at all. I think the last communication I had with him is I said, “’Please don’t just use my storyboards,’ and then I’ve never spoken to him anymore ever since.”

MARVEL BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ufj6CeqOTJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the film in my mind is superior so I cannot deflate my ego and watch the version that was actually made

Only a cuck would watch another mans film you practically get made

>spend eternity trying to make the film because you're a hack
>get fired
>new director adds the objectively best part of the movie, get buttflustered he didn't follow your script to the letter
>h-h-h-haha, I'd just pick it apart, m-m-m-marvel b-blown the fuck o-out

>marvelfags trying to do damage control

it's like someone can spit in your face and you're gonna say it's raining

>spend eternity trying to make a masterpiece
>get fired because you dared to be creative instead of listening to hack execs
>your film gets turned into a generic Marvel flick
>Marvel fanboys blindly defend the flick and call you a hack
Poor Edgar.

> 2006
> approach pre-disney marvel and want to make ant-man movie
> marvel: wtf edgar wright wants to work with US?! fuck yes, we're just starting off, this is great
> we weren't even going to make an ant-man movie, but if edgar fucking wright wants to, we'll do it
> "btw i'm finishing my cornetto trilogy so i want to do hot fuzz and the world's end first"
> no problem edgar, take your time, we support you
> here's some test footage for the fans though at comic-con 2012
> "oh btw i'm also going to do scott pilgrim vs the world too"
> ok sure edgar, no problem, take your time
> EIGHT years later after first contacting marvel
> "ok guys i'm going to make my ant-man movie now"
> cool
> "btw i'm going to have it with scott lang instead of hank pym
> ok that's fine
> "and i want it to be completely independent of the universe you've created since then and not have any connections"
> umm
> "here's my script it's
> can we change these things, some of it contradicts the ELEVEN films we made before yours?
> "no i'm walking away, and i can't even watch the cut that is obviously made with love for the stuff i brought to the table and they still gave me a credit on it"

i love wright and am eager to see baby driver, but he was being completely unreasonable

>“’Please don’t just use my storyboards,’

Sounds like a reddit beta getting desperate

Marvel won

>marvelcucks are THIS salty
lmao

>“I have not spoken to him at all. I think the last communication I had with him is I said, “’Please don’t just use my storyboards,’ and then I’ve never spoken to him anymore ever since.”

They clearly used his storyboards and possibly script for any creative sequence in the movie. It's a shame he didn't get to direct it, it would make it a lot more rewatchable.

Also we would've got Patrick Wilson instead of the bald guy villain.

Fucking pathetic, you fags are as insufferable as Snydercucks. Wright's Ant-Man would've been one of the best capeshit movies of all time but instead we got some shit that was forgotten within a couple of months.

I really hope he directs The Flash.

>Edgar Wright
>not a hack
The Cornetto trilogy is shit.

Meanwhile Ant-Man made 2 billion dollars and Baby Driver will flop

>for any creative sequence in the movie
The quantum realm was all Reed.

>some of it contradicts the ELEVEN films we made before yours?
What did it contradict? I'm legitimately curious, I haven't read Wright's script.

actually it only made 500 million lmao

great contribution

> hope had smaller role
> lang's crew had more guys and less characterization/more generic heist archetypes (wheelman, tech guy, explosives guy, etc)
> cross is some donut steel "nano warrior" and not yellowjacket
> ex-wife and daughter have BIGGER roles along with cop boyfriend
> ex-wife is the main love interest
> all characters dicks and less sympathetic
> cop boyfriend was originally childhood rival of scott, who wanted to put him in jail. (this is anime tier writing by the way and i'm shocked that it'd come from wright)

reed & rudd saved the movie, more wasp stuff was probably their best contribution

The Cornetto trilogy blows away the entire Marvel cinematic universe. Better characters, better comedy, better action, better filmmaking, better EVERYTHING. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and some other middle aged people fighting robots in a bar was more thrilling than every Marvel action scene put together. Kevin Fiege doesn't deserve to lick Edgar Wright's feet.

>implying the movie was saved

if you didn't turn it off after the first few minutes of CGI Michael Douglas you're a pleb, even the first Avengers had a better intro

also his draft had no quantum realm/microverse stuff, no large/shrink discs, no falcon/hydra/shield connections minus the fact that at one point a throwaway mention pym worked for them back in the day

wright is great but slightly arrogant to ignore the other filmmakers that built stuff before him. doesn't mean has to reference every single thing of course, but you're joining a production studio that is in business to build a SHARED universe, you can't just stand along by yourself

>MUH BOX OFFICE
kek

at world's end was a little too schmaltzy i think

fuzz & shaun are stronger. scott pilgrim is great minus the failed lead casting of cera, so it makes the film poor. i don't know if that was studio or wright, because the rest of the cast was so strongly cast and perfect. MEW, based evans, culkin, schwartzman, routh, etc. but cera was terrible

the budget was only 120 million, the smallest of the MCU. ant-man/wasp will crush at the box office

It sounds like it didn't contradict anything though. It pretty much ignored the rest of the universe but it didn't fuck up the continuity so Marvel wouldn't have had much of a problem shoving Ant-Man into other movies.

Considering the last decent film he made was Hot Fuzz, Marvel did right by ditching him.

That's rich coming from an MCUck. Marvel wishes they could make something as fun and memorable as the Cornetto trilogy. Most Marvel movies are forgotten in a few months whereas everyone still remembers Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Ant man is one of the few marvel movies i actually enjoyed from beginning to end. Wright has always been pretentious twat.

You have to go back.

And the last decent film Reed made was? Fuck off with this shit, Marvel doesn't need directors, they want yes-man. Which is coincidentally an awful movie directed by Peyton Reed

>this thing is shit
>well at least it isn't as shit as this other shit!
Fucking every time on this god forsaken site.
Jesus fucking Christ.

> hope had smaller role

Based Marvel and Reed.

You're the one who needs to go back. I'm sure the Marvel subr*ddit agrees with your shit opinions.

Glad he got fired, Ant-Man ended up being one of Marvel's best.

>Wright's Ant-Man would've been one of the best capeshit movies of all time

Why do you believe this? Have you not read what he wanted to do?

Still salty that Reed made a better Ant-Man movie, Edgar?

None of that contradicts anything in the other Marvel movies though.

>look up this literal who to see what literal who movies he made
>Hot Fuzz trilogy
>meme Pilgrim
>and now Baby Driver

why are you lot treating Wright as some sort of genius

or is it just the DCuck overtime

I'll never understand why so many people hate The World's End. Scott Pilgrim is different from the Cornetto trilogy and it's an adaptation of LOOK AT HOW FUCKING INDIE I AM: The Comic so I understand why SP gets shit but TWE has a lot in common with the rest of the Cornetto trilogy. Did Simon Pegg's character hit too close to home for some people?

>more wasp stuff was probably their best contribution
That alone makes wright potentially better

>this thing that exists is better than the one that was cancelled
No shit, user. Michael Bay could make the best Ant-man movie too if his Ant-man was the only Ant-man movie.

>DCuck
I loathe Snyder and love Wright.

Never mind Edgar Wright, how is Joe Cornish feeling about all that? His career literally doesn't exist now after one good movie.

He's directing another movie soon.

every one of his films has better direction, writing and care than any mcu flick they've shat out

Tell me the truth Sup Forums

Is Ant Man actually a good movie?

Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End are some of the best comedies of the 21st century.

get that brit comedy dick out of your mouth lmfao

Considering how far Wright was up in his own arse, it's admirable how patient Marvel had been with him.

Taika Waititi is a far better director anyway and is easier to work with.

>Wright still hasn't checked out Ant-Man or any of the previews that were released beforehand, and he doesn't plan to because it would be like hanging out with an ex at the most awkward of times. As Wright put it:

>I haven't seen it and I haven't even seen the trailer. It would kind of like be asking me, "Do you want to watch your ex-girlfriend have sex?" Like, 'No, I'm good.'

MARVEL KEKS BTFO

Go back to bed, Wright.

get that marveldick out of your mouth lmfao.

>Taika Waititi is a far better director anyway

Taika's movies are pure mediocrity compared to Edgar Wright's movies, they're funny and timeless not some wes anderson tribute crap

>Jon Favreau
>Kenneth Branagh
>Shane Black
>James Gunn
>Taika Watiti
All better directors than Wright.

Shaun and Hot Fuzz yes

TWE is trash.

marvel changed their ultron stuff too around wright

orignally ant-man was supposed to come out before avengers, then before avengers 2, instead he waited and did other stuff, so it ended up being stark that helped create ultron instead of pym, which was bad for other reasons

Didn't he want to make Hank Pym the a bad guy too or some shit?

Second best Marvel movie after Iron Man 3

>if I put a fullstop he'll see how btfo he is

LOL

>a generic plot full of tropes with a few cool action scenes is Marvel's best movie

Really fires up your neurons.

>Kenneth Branagh

fucking lol, might as well put Whedon there mate

MEW was also terrible, let's be honest. Just listen to her delivering any of her lines that aren't part of a moody conversation with Cera. Everyone else was hamming it up being cartoony and energetic and fun, and she was just boring and bland by comparison. Especially her lines in the girl fight, the other chick was cartoony and alive, and MEW was throwing her lines out like she just woke up 10 minutes ago.

>Edgar Wright's movies, they're funny and timeless

Top kek.

is this bait or have marvelcucks gone full retard?

>everyone was a dick
You know it's supposed to fucking be the IREDEEMABLE Ant Man right?
Hes a fucking ex con, and a dick seeking REDEMPTION.
Happy "I only committed a minor crime so I can be fun and relatable" Paul Rudd might as well have just been his fucking character from Celery Man.

mostly boring by-the-numbers story with a couple of choice scenes, which still feel like leftovers or pale imitations compared to how Wright would direct them

Of course it's bait. MCUcks can't be THAT retarded.

>comparing a draft of one filmmaker's movie script to another filmmaker's finished movie

thought you were smarter than this Sup Forums

>mfw Marvel fanboys shit all over Wright and claim Reed's script is far better
Wright is one of the most VISUAL comedy directors currently working, harshly judging him because of a script is retarded. I'm sure his Ant-Man would've been far more visually striking than what we got.

you can't seriously rate Wright that highly

a dude that made a scott pilgrim movie and 3 comedies

pls say you aren't that deluded

I don't know, it's as bad as people acting as if Edgar Wright is a good director.

it's a shame wright didnt stay on we could have finally gotten a good mcu movie. oh well

They have a good reason though considering his last good movie was Hot Fuzz and that was like a decade ago or something?

He's been directing it soon for about a decade now

>Hot Fuzz trilogy

Wait, am I not supposed to like Hot Fuzz?

ok shaun of the dead trilogy

happy mr wright?

holy shit marvelcucks are getting real defensive as usual

>>Jon Favreau
KEK
E
K
>>Kenneth Branagh
Boring Oscar bait director who occasionally makes blockbuster trash. Next.
>>Shane Black
I really like him but the movies he directed aren't as good as the Cornetto trilogy.
>>James Gunn
Slither is great but that's his only film that has really impressed me. Wright is better.
>>Taika Watiti
I need to watch his films.

Ignore the MCUcks, Hot Fuzz is pure genius.

I just think it's cute DCucks are using this as firepower

as if Wright is DC or something lmfao

>DCucks
How many times do I have to say I hate Snyder?

It's not just DCucks. It's anyone with a common sense.

But what was in there that went against the established Marvel canon?
Or was it more of a case of Marvel putting in-universe references in his script?

Either way, nothing in Wright's original script looks worse than what we got. It doesn't matter if Hope has a larger role and Lang's crew has "less generic heist archetypes" (even if they are generic in different way and the film isn't even a fucking heist film) if what we got was a pretty bland and forgettable film, something we can agree Wright's wouldn't be.

>mfw Sup Forums doesn't know whether to shit on Marvel or Wright since both are quirky quippers reddit likes and Americans have retarded black and white thinking who don't think it's possible to like both or hate both participants in a conflict

Rudd, Douglas and Lilly were good. Everything else was just dull. Lang's buddies were fucking terrible. Especially the retarded Mexican. The villain was Mr. Exposition-Man. Marvel's best isn't very good.

DCucks being salty because Antman was more profitable than Man of Murder

>MCUck is so desperate he has to resort to "EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A DKEK!"
Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are fucking terrible. Now stop acting like a paranoid retard.

uh oh evansposter is back and getting upset again

kek samefaggin this hard

Wright has always been considered reddit. Edgar Wright is video games. Out of the 4 flicks he made The Worlds End is the one that's closest to not being a video game. Hot Fuzz is the most autism fedora tip one.

Enjoying SOTD or TWE is not something I actively participate in, but it is at least concievable. Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz on the otherhand are pure Sup Forums autism manchild reddit fedora tip meme. If you enjoy them for one instant you instantly rescind your right to live. They are both autistic children gurning in your face while contorting their image to match all of their favorite meme images.

Are you okay marvelcuck? take a breathe and calm down.

like how dckeks try to insult anybody who criticizes the non-WW DC films as mcushills

those films ARE legit bad. suicide squad being one of the worst films of that year period. comic book or non-comic. it's just a flat out bad movie

evansposting transcends marve/dc wars, it's just a funny reaction image, i'm not the same guy, but i've seen it used on other boards all the time

dckeks can't even enjoy that WW is doing well, they have to try and retroactively go after marvel. but the facts speak for themselves, marvel has spent time and has a road map of where they want to go, DC saw avenger bux and wanted to copy as fast they could. this is fact.

now with whedon doing JL reshoots/editing in post, it'll be obvious to see how much of it is his/studio changed vs snyder because their styles are almost complete opposites. it'll definitely be interesting to see what direction they want to forth in the future

This board moved beyond you, Sup Forumsedditor. Looks like you were never truly Sup Forums even. Perhaps reddit would be more your scene, you'd get plenty of upvotes for spewing your meme vetted opinions on the meme movies of meme directors.

>Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz on the otherhand are pure Sup Forums autism manchild reddit fedora tip meme. If you enjoy them for one instant you instantly rescind your right to live. They are both autistic children gurning in your face while contorting their image to match all of their favorite meme images.

Even Jon Favreau got sick of Marvel's meddling to the point where his own movie perfectly highlights what's wrong with Marvel's execs weighing down on their directors.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ufj6CeqOTJo

Yeah so sick he came back to star in spiderman and produce infinity war

>he clearly didn't watch Chef

he did get credit

thats easy money for what? 4 hours of work at most? A trained monkey could act in marvel motion pictures

but he wont be directing anything for them, thats the real work

He's so pissed off at them that he's in Homecoming.