Revolori spoke about portraying Thompson, who is generally depicted as white in the comics, saying...

>Revolori spoke about portraying Thompson, who is generally depicted as white in the comics, saying, "I know how important the character is to the comic-book fans, so I'm trying to do him justice."[39] Rather than being a physically imposing jock, Thompson was re-imagined as "a rich, smug kid" to reflect modern views of bullying;[41] this depiction was largely informed by Holland's visit to The Bronx High School of Science.[11]

What did Marvel mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IfqUbUXKsoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this depiction was largely informed by Holland's visit to The Bronx High School of Science
So an English kid from a wealthy background who attended a Catholic prep. before transferring to an elite drama school, spent a week at a selective science school, and they decided this was what a modern bully looked like?

Chad has always been the bully. Chad will always be the bully. the Chad/Stacy/Robot dynamic is eternal and amaranthine. It doesn't matter if Chad is rich or not--although Chad is upper class more often than not. Manlet pakis are never the bully. Elliott Rodger was proof that wealth cannot fix a deficit in the looks department.

>I know how important the character is to comic book fans, so I decided to completely fuck him up and change the character in literally every way

The movie is going to suck shit anyway why tf does anyone care if they decide to cast a fucking Guatemalan? If they made it a white guy it's not like that was going to save the movie.

Don't blame Revolori. Blame the people behind it.

Because all the pre-teen white boys that get bullied by jocks (the prime audience for Spider-Man) are going to look at this manlet and think "what the fuck, this isn't what bullies actually look like"

That's fucking retarded. Jocks still exist in highschool. Even if they made him an academic rival, they could have still made him a Chad.

>implying they care what comicbook fans want, they care what normies or (((they))) want

I'd have settled for someone who's at least taller than Tom Holland, the fat Asian kid would make a more convincing bully than Lobby Boy.

>Rather than being a physically imposing jock, Thompson was re-imagined as "a rich, smug kid" to reflect modern views of bullying
That and the fact that literally no one would believe this paki manlet is a bully chad

Fuck off with the free Disney advertising Jesus fuck

>>Rather than being a physically imposing jock, Thompson was re-imagined as "a rich, smug kid" to reflect modern views of bullying

Those were literally the same fucking kid when I went to school.

Isn't Spider-Man: Homecoming still Sony though?

this is such a horrible casting choice, with all the jocks that have been on 13 Reason Why and Riverdale they chose this little shit? A random guy from any HS football team will be more convincing

Why would Peter be bothered by a physical OR smart/rich bully when he is invincible and best friends with fucking Tony Stark.

He can just roll by the prom in Stark's car or something.

Chad is not the bully. Chad doesnt give a fuck about you.

t. roastie

Chads are pretty nice nowadays

>H-Hey P-Peter... Peter... Peter
What.
>You're a d-dork
Fuck off you fat paki mong
>o-ok

>Peter then gets expelled for fat shaming and racism, and in later years has to listen to an increasingly elderly Aunt May getting railed by Tony Stark in order to afford food.

Pretty effective way to bully you highschool rival desu.

its funny i almost made that faggot suck my dick, faggot

Will he star in a Venom film one day?

Peter goes to a public school doesn't he? Why would a rich kid even be studying there? If they really wanted something more realistic they should've made him a gheto nigger

>Thompson was re-imagined as "a rich, smug kid"
So basically, they turned Flash Thompson into Harry Osborn?

Don't you see? Their target audience is comprised of normals. They don't want to alienate them by calling them out as bullies.

In MCU, Peter goes to some elite science school

>The bully is a hulking white blue eyed jock
>Who are we going to cast? "a Guatemalan midget with combover"
>His high school love interest before MJ was an angelic northern-european blue-eyed blonde girl
>Who are we going to cast? "a girl who looks like an ugly half-black, half-mexican transexual"
>Okay almost done, his high school best friend? used to be just a generic white nerd.
"An obese Chinese guy who looks like he's 30"
>And we're done. Fund it.

Its true you wimp lmao. Chad is the emblematic master morality who extols virtues based on his own characteristics. The r9k fag is the figure of slave morality who condemns chads virtues as sin because of resentiment.

Once you let go of your jealousy hate and paranoia that chad gives a fuck about you only then can you ascend past the duality of chad-robot.

autism

>Thompson was re-imagined as "a rich, smug kid" to reflect modern views of bullying;
>Rather than being a physically imposing jock

Is this nigga serious?

Aunt May was the only correct casting choice for the whole movie desu

>"a girl who looks like an ugly half-black, half-mexican transexual"

Isn't that the new MJ?

The truth is that chads are better human beings.

A beta is more likely to date rape a girl than a group of chads. Women can sense the desperation.

Chads deserve better than what jealous beta writers have portrayed them as throughout the years.

>What are we going to do if people complain were not being faithful to the source material?
>"call them racists"

still think he's going to be a mtf tranny Flash

Yes.
Liz Allen is just a regular old negress.

What about Keaton? =

The elites will never openly push this viewpoint on the masses, though, because it will earnestly ignite the beta uprising

This desu. Chad is not perfect but hes leagues and leagues better than Anony mouse

I will not see this movie.

The Anglo is much like the domesticated household dog. They're easily trained, easily conditioned consumers. Born to serve the leash and designed to fight vehemently against any cause that would threaten to label them as individuals. The Anglo has been taught nothing but how to abuse and sabotage himself, an amusing little habit he learned from his forefathers. Other races grow restless and enraged, suffocated under the weight of the Anglo's slavish lack of spirit or ambition. The Anglo has no desire to advance his race.While Jews have the double gratuity of being able to entertain themselves running circles around the Anglo, making immense profit all the while. And yes the Anglo may feel frustration that he simply cannot keep up, but he does not feel the motivation to exercise his own legs. He demands that the Jew slow down, or he merely agrees with the Jew's needling taunts that the Anglo race is weak.

The Anglo has no desire to advance his race. Serfdom is etched into their DNA.

i was the bully all my school years and i am not a chad im more /r9k/

This. Manlets cannot be bullies

youtube.com/watch?v=IfqUbUXKsoI

I'm not too familiar with Keaton beyond the old Batman movies but I don't doubt he can pull it off. Still on the fence about Vulture as villain in general but could turn out great considering they write the character well enough.

I'm 5'7 and I bullied the shit out of people.

I feel like Uncle Rico sometimes because I look back at those times when I pretty much commanded a group of guys like I was some alpha wolf.

I even invented a form of bullying called pinball where we'd circle a kid and push him around the circle, he wouldn't be able to fall because we kept pushing him and the circle was too tight so they'd eventually just have to kneel on the ground.

Let's apply some logic here folks

>Movie deliberately tries to steer clear of the atypical "jock" stereotype prevalent in these types of movies by instead putting forward a rich, skinny, keyboard warrior type figure that most likely is snarky and sarcastic that will rail on Peter for having shit social skills and being a poor orphan.
>Probably won't be able to physically make his (Peter's) life hell so will demean his social status through using his money (and superficial status) to bully Peter from a distance.

...and this is somehow unrealistic in the modern world?

>You have to be physically imposing to be a bully.

Most people that frequent this site were probably picked on (to some degree) in school for those same reasons by someone that wasn't at all 'jacked'.

It's hardly outside the realm of possibility that this brown dude could convincingly play a cunt.

>The Anglo is much like the domesticated household dog
cringe

WHAT IS LOVE love

The truth is that the keyboard autists like nu-Flash can only get away with being bullies online.

IRL they come across as desperate losers and everyone ignores them, regardless of wealth status.

>so will demean his social status through using his money

Peter is LITERALLY friends with Iron Man how could you hurt his feelings lol.

I love this guy

>pakis
he's latino

At least the dude recognizes he was supposed to be a white character, and is trying his best.

I respect actors who at least don't shy away from the controversies; if they acknowledge it and respond, they get a plus one in my book.

Revolori Revolori, I don't want to see this Moverori

I like you.

>>"a girl who looks like an ugly half-black, half-mexican transexual"

sure

i used to hate chads back in my high school days, until one of the chads took pity on me and took me under his wing. straightened me up. sure i'm not the alpha of the group but belonging to the same circle with the chads, getting B-pussy (hey no complaints from me) and getting that respect and admiration is such a wonderful feeling.

Elliott Rodger was mentally ill. He wasn't attractive, but that wasn't the reason he was so lonely.

>I'm 5'7 and I bullied the shit out of people.
HAHAHAHAHAAH
fucking manlets, no you don't. you'd get your shit kicked in hell i'll fucking knock your teeth off if you ever tried your shit on me.

although i remember back in high school there was this one crazy mexican manlet that we wouldn't touch since there was a humour that he carries a knife with him. real ugly motherfucker too

not that guy but its true though. americans never really got away from the slavery system. they used to slave the niggers but now they're the slave of the jews. they're fucking happy with 15 days vacation leaves and 15 days sick leaves and would get angry that other countries are not working beyond past the 8 hour mandatory work time allocated. what a bunch of fucking cucks

The guy who bullied me was about almost a head shorter than me, but since he had a bunch of other, older kids doing beating people up for him no-one dared touch him.

That was until the older guys graduated and he was on his own and I got to beat the shit out of him with no repercussions since the teachers knew what a little shit he was.

elliot rodger was not ugly enough for his looks to be the reason for his problems

it was being a beta raised under false notions of love

damn that's bad. my crew wouldn't gang up on some guy. we'd just let you beat each other up tb-h. although if we see our guy getting destroyed we'd put a stop on it lol, but we wouldn't go for revenge, hell you got your shit pushed in, get better or train some shit