Neil Marshall Says His HELLBOY Will Be Bloody, R-Rated And Light On CGI

>Neil Marshall Says His HELLBOY Will Be Bloody, R-Rated And Light On CGI

>“We’ve been granted permission to do it R-rated, which for me is just like taking the cuffs off. It’s like, okay, so now we can just make the movie we want to make. Nobody’s going to stop us. So, that’s the main (difference). And I’m sure, obviously, the success of things like Deadpool and Logan have not hurt that cause. But, also, when you go back the original material, it is kind of bloody, so I’m going to embrace that.”

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/06/27/neil-marshall-says-his-hellboy-will-be-bloody-r-rated-and-light-on-cgi

While I wasn't as enamored with Deadpool and Logan as many others, I'm still very thankful that their success opened the door for more R-rated blockbusters. Maybe we'll actually get to experience Hollywood making harder mainstream movies. Plus I really liked the two Hellboy movies so I'm double excited.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=07-VvcsrUIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Light on CGI" is code for "lower-than-average budget for such a movie".

None of the Hellboy comics were that gory though.

Yeah who cares. They dropped based Pearlman and hired that "punch nazis" dumbass. Will never watch.

I dunno. Maybe the stylized art masked it.

I just think this R rating gives it freedom to not worry about altering the monster effects. Kill them frogs good.

>"punch nazis" dumbass

Explain.

Looks like we found a real snowflake

Is Perlman in?

Del Torro's Hellboy is exactly as good as that characteris ever gonna get. It doesn't need blood or more swearing to be edgy.
The film's not perfect, because it's a freakin comic-book with a relatively uninteresting premise. It sounds like Marshall's Hellboy is just gonna be a rip-off of Deadpool without the meta humour

Nope

Basically Mike Mignola told Del Taco to fuck off and took the whole project elsewhere

BPRD is fucking gruesome dude, the world is basically in ruins currently in the Hellboy universe

The BPRD arcs with the Wendigo and Jaguar God are some of the goriest comics I've ever read.

>is exactly as good as that characteris ever gonna get.
nah, read Hellboy: The Fury, that's peak Hellboy

>being this much of a little bitch

Is this going to be a sequel or a reboot?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=07-VvcsrUIE

He sperged out at an awards show for good boy hollywood points

Ron Perlman is just so good as big red. Makes me angry at david harbour bc im irrational

>hired that "punch nazis" dumbass
He's perfect then

>Del Torro's Hellboy is exactly as good as that characteris ever gonna get
Del Toro's Hellboy, the character, was fucking awful. He's way closer to a quipping Deadpool than Mignola's

COME FIGHT ME IRL

Yeah those are actual nazis. Not this new catch all term that just means people you disagree with

Reboot.
On one hand it sucks, Pearlman deserves a third one and he's 100% better than Harbour.
On the other hand, it's nice to get some adaptations closer to the comics.

I only just recently got into the comics.
I for one am excited to get more movies even if Hellboy 3 would have been great.
>Neil Marshall
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Got the (you)s mixed up but yanno what I mean

Because Mignola's style is so shadow heavy we dont see as much as there would be. But its definitely there.

>never read a Hellboy comic