The Secret Life of Pets

Have any of you seen this yet? What did you think of it?

I haven't seen it.

However I was just on RottenTomatoes and noticed this promo for it and it looks like this girl's leg is a big red dick and she's about to let her dog slobber all over it.

That is my contribution to this thread.

Smellwether voiced the white dog, apparently.

I find it interesting just how little Sup Forums cares about this movie. It's not great enough to praise, not bad enough to complain about, isn't an adaptation of something well-known, and doesn't have any waifus.

>Have any of you seen this yet?
>another "characters get lost and have to find their way home" movie
No

The animation on the animals eyes is fucking disturbing. I'd watch it on TV but I refuse to see any of these types of animated Universal movies because I know they're going to jump start a new minion apocalypse if I give them money.

I saw it Thursday night. It was a pretty generic 'talking animals go on a wacky adventure' movie. There were a few parts that made me laugh, but just as many stupid jokes that fell flat. It's very predictable, and none of the characters were particularly memorable. By the end I feel like I got just enough entertainment value out of the movie to justify my ticket. So I'd say it's worth seeing once.

The animation was good but didn't make up for the lackluster character design; I was thrown off by everyone's toothpick legs.

>doesn't have any waifus.
But Gidget is my waifu.

she does, it's really obvious. weird considering how recent zootopia was

It was gay and bad.

It's adorable

It was really fun and cute. Hated the Minions short before the movie, but I like the idea that maybe one day every studio will put up a short before the feature.

Also did anyone notice that Gidget's female owner was in the opening kissing some other guy that wasn't the male owner? Am I crazy or were they really lazy and reused the model?

How did the hairless cat know Max and Duke were in the sewers when the last thing he saw was them being captured by animal control?

they're apart of the gang? Some of them do show up during the initiation scene

Yeah the cats show up in the sewer.

Any r34 of the owner yet?

I feel like the scene with the poodle and the metal song was probably the only thing I was goung to laugh at if I'd seen it, and even that went stale after the third or fourth trailer.

Looks like generic "milo and otis" style animated trash from the fucking frauds who made minions. Probably filled with tried and true jokes that always get the mongoloids laughing and cutesy, sappy plot that takes no risks.

So no, I haven't seen it, and I won't.

From the trailers it looked like standard Illumination garbage. Surprised that the reviews are so positive, but I still have no intention of seeing it in theaters.

Nobody cares about non-Disney movies here.

My friend thought it was Amethyst at first, until we checked

>go see Finding Dory awhile back
>two trailers for this movie before the feature presentation starts
>both times the Illumination Entertainment logo is there with a minion freaking the fuck out, making sure to remind me what movie they milked for all its worth

I can't escape.

It was in the movie, too.

Also, there's a Minions short beforehand. Just so you'd know.

goD's DeAd aNd miNionS KilLeD hiM.

>little white dog lives with young girl
>girl brings home big brown dog
>big brown dog starts to take over house
>girl shows more love to big brown dog
>both dogs go on adventure where they learn to respect and like each other
>little white dog is voiced by Louis C.K
You guys think Louis slapped his forehead when he sat down and actually watched the movie?

> impying he watched the movie

>of the owner
This isn't how it works.

You can't have standards if you become a whore.

>The bunny is voiced by a black guy.

It was okay, it was just Toy Story with animals. It wasn't really that funny either. I actually forgot most of the characters' names as soon as I left the cinema.

The plot and characterization were incredibly disjointed.

For example, the hawk's instinctually menacing nature and loneliness are emphasized so that Gidget the perky, optimistic pup can get an ally that get info on Max's location. However, once this is done the hawk doesn't really contribute anything to Max's band of friends and he stops interacting with Gidget all together.

More often than not major characters are railroaded into certain actions for the sake of wrapping the plot up cleanly.

Max and Duke's characters are never really fleshed out enough to make them and their accomplishments feel as important as they're supposed to be for being the fucking protagonists of the film.

Max is just a dog, and Duke is an abandoned dog. That's it and that's all the audience really gets from their interactions and relationship.

We only get slivers of info regarding Duke's past as a shelter pet, and the reveal of his owner's death happens so quickly it feels like a footnote in comparison everything else that happens in the film.

Illumination needs to find writers that can pace out characterization and plot developments in a cohesive film instead of the disjointed, muddled mess this film was.

I doubt illumination gives a shit about the writing seeing how they had the minions in a short and one of the dogs dressed as one in the end. It looks like they're poking around to see what will be the new minions once that fad dies out.

My daughter (12yo) and I went to see it yesterday afternoon. I thought it was forgettable and wish we had skipped it. But she really wanted to see it, we had nothing else to do, so there we were. She enjoyed it though, didn't think it was great, but still enjoyed it.

Tell you what though, for a Friday afternoon showing I've never seen our small town theater so packed.

As with most Illumination films it's not bad, but it's fairly one-note.