This is the best pixar movie

This is the best pixar movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llAh_iywMAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I disagree, but I'm interested to hear why you think that.

I'm biased as an aspiring artist, but it's key message that a great artist can come from anywhere speaks to me a whole lot more than in other pixar movies. The animation was also interesting, and I loved each of the characters. It also has the best soundtrack. The main theme is the best piece of music in any pixar movie. It just feels authentic. Feels like the people who worked on it actually cared about it. Up is a close second though.

What kills this movie for me is that Lingiuni is a completely bland, uninteresting, unlikable character and the romance between him and Cosette feels forced. Ego is pretty much what saves it, and most of that is because of one speech at the end.

Now, I'll get a metric fuckton of shit for this, but my favorite Pixar movie is Inside Out.

there's nothing wrong with it being your favorite. it just isn't the best.

Cute, I love your opinion.

The most risky?
Yes

The most smart?
Maybe

I like it?
I love it!

The best?
....Ehh?

The final is great, but the middle of movie is a bit slow. Remi had a minor character part, Lingiuni was kinda boring. I love cooking, but was not very interesting seeing the two main characters doing so.

Some things that could make the movie better

>Remy and the others rat can't talk

Would work for the tone of the movie, let the narrator tell the story, the animation and the music tell about what Remi is feeling. Would make it more cute, and the connection between Remy and the audience would be strong (mute characters tend to do this)

>Make Remy cooking more creative

A cooking rat should be much more difficult and interesting. Remember how Jerry had all that work to steal food? Remember how it was hard for the toys in toy story to fled the from Sid's house? Make size differences funny.

>More Culinary lessons and more of all the background chiefs

This is the best part of the middle act

My favorite is WALL-E, though I will admit the first half is slow

I actually loved the first half of WALL-E; the second drastically lowered the film's quality for me. It very abruptly polluted the feature with too much noise and light from the human cast and their environment. The first half was so peaceful, tranquil, introspective, and moving.

I think Toy Story 2 probably takes the cake for me and holds up the best after all this time. Previously it was The Incredibles, but there's something about it I can't quite place my finger on that stops it from being Pixar's best imo

>first half is slow
but the first half is the better part of the movie
top 5 Pixar movies in no particular order
>Up
>Inside Out
>The Incredibles
>Toy Story 3
>Wall-E

>The first half was so peaceful, tranquil, introspective, and moving.
>polluted the feature with too much noise and light from the human cast
That's kind of the point.

Am I the only one that thinks Monsters University had the best key message of them all? That ending was fucking inspiring

just because something was intentional doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake

>tfw got dumped and tried re-watching wall-e the other night
>ended up sobbing myself to sleep like a little bitch

I brought this upon myself

It's my favourite, but I disagree.

The top Pixar movies are all equally good at conveying their message. Wall-e, Rattatouille, Up, Inside Out and the like. They all manage to convey some sort of message that makes you feel like you're either not alone, or that you have the strength not to be.

The vessel they choose for it -feeling inadequate/obsolete, unappreciated, nostalgic, out of your element, (respectively for the list above)- is gonna hit harder for each person depending on their personal experiences. But if the others still hit you, even if not as hard as your favourite, is probably because they are well-enough made, and just not tailored for you.

It's up there.
Up's my favorite, but that's not a up pun. I also enjoyed both Monsters INC movies.

I'd organize them like:
1. UP = Ratatouille
2. M. INC = M.U. = Wall-E
3. Toy Story 1 = 2 = 3 = Finding Nemo
4. Brave = Cars
5. All the other Cars-related movies.

I haven't seen Finding Dory yet.

OH, and maybe put Inside Out at 2nd as well.

I find UP to be incredibly overrated, yes the 1st 10 mins is the best thing Pixar has ever put to screen but the rest of the movie is just "okay"

Why does people hate Cars again?

Cars 2 was nutts

WALL-E 2 when?

>forced
What? If anything, it was one of the best romances in a Disney/Pixar movie of all time. It made sense in-universe, it fit the narrative, and Colette herself actually had a personality. This was one of the few movies where the romance wasn't just a prize but was a part of the plot.

Below the Toy Story films I'd agree.

This.

It's hard to have a definitive "Best Pixar movie" because what makes a movie the "best" to someone is if they can relate very strongly to it. Certainly some Pixar films are generally better than others, but when you get down to the nitty gritty that differentiates first from second, it muddies the waters.

I like Up the most because of personal experiences. That's not to say I don't enjoy other films (I love every god damn second of The Incredibles, it's just so fucking good), but I connect with Up on a level I don't with the other films.

I think the more interesting question is WHY a certain Pixar movie is your favourite one.

It's interesting that you post that alongside that picture because I like Wall-E the best for entirely personal reasons.
I found the characters so endearing, and the scenery was beautiful, especially Wall-E and Eve's dance scene in space

>Would make it more cute, and the connection between Remy and the audience would be strong (mute characters tend to do this)

This. That's why Wall-E is my favorite

>So that's it, right? Keep ol' Mikey down in the mail room because he's not good enough to be a scarer!

youtube.com/watch?v=llAh_iywMAQ

Up is massively overrated. People get sucked in by the fantastic first 10 minutes, but the rest of the movie is very bland.

WALL-E also starts strong, but as soon as they reach the ship, it loses all of its atmosphere and the story goes off the rails. And the ending credits are just awful.

Monsters Inc., Monsters U, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille are the strongest Pixar movies because they have clearest and most consistent stories and tones all the way through.

My personal favorite is Monsters U, but that's colored by my fond memories of college, which MU represents perfectly.

Finding Nemo falls into the trap of all roadtrip movies where most of the scenes are just filler and don't connect or lead to each other.

Toy Story 1 is really well written - Buzz and Woody are amazing characters and are enduringly iconic - but is so old that all of the early 3D jank keeps it from being truly "best".

Toy Story 2 suffers from the bad B-plot of all the comedy characters trying to find Woody.

Brave is just terrible. A 2/5 movie at best.

I can't really articulate why Inside Out didn't grab me. I think I didn't like Joy or Sadness very much as lead characters, and therefore I didn't get wrapped into the story all that well?

Haven't seen The Good Dinosaur.

The Cars movies feel like bad Dreamworks films, with blatant celebrity voices and wacky stereotypes.

I've been rewatching Pixar films this summer and I think the one that's surprised me most is actually the original Toy Story.

Graphically it hasn't aged well, but the writing, the characters, the comedy and the themes of the movie are still as solid as when the movie came out ~20 years ago. I've seen it probably a 2-3 dozen times since I went with my dad as a kid, and every time it still makes me laugh and makes me laugh hard.

>The Good Dinosaur
Honestly... you're not missing anything. It's an underwhelming mess of a film and I'd go as far as to say it's the only Pixar film I'm genuinely disappointed in.

Brave was underwhelming too, but it was still entertaining and engaging enough that I didn't regret seeing it. Cars 2 was trash, but it was a cash grab sequel so I didn't have any expectations of it.

But The Good Dinosaur? The idea of a story set in a world where dinosaurs never went extinct had me hyped from the moment we got those first little announcements and it was such a bland, boring, uninspired mess that I genuinely felt cheated out of my money after seeing it.

Toy Story reminds me alot of Five Nights at Freddies. And when I say that, I mean this:

>guy can't make humanoid characters well because they look weird and creepy in CGI
>make robots/toys instead
>now fits perfectly into the artstyle AND story

That's why Toy Story was such a brilliant movie. It used early CGI, which made things look lifeless and toy-like, and had it revolve around toys. FNAF was made by a guy who couldn't make a human model to save his life, so he made lifeless animatronics, which added to the game factor.

pretty genius move.

I don't get it

A Bug's Life?

Enjoy your minimum wage jobs

>The Cars movies feel like bad Dreamworks films, with blatant celebrity voices and wacky stereotypes.
Disagreed; I think the first, at least, feels like a pretty good Dreamworks film. It just feels like a Dreamworks one, not a Pixar one.
Otherwise you've pretty much summarised my opinions.

>Haven't seen The Good Dinosaur.
It's not as bad as people say, but it is an extremely linear film without much of an overlapping theme that ties everything together. It feels very much like a smaller studio's attempt at a plot where A happens, then B happens, then C happens and the movie's done.

It's also bizarrely dark, featuring probably the closest Pixar's come to portraying genuine grief and dismay and horror, which clashes pretty heavily with the fact that all the characters look like fisher-price toys.

WALL-E is my favorite too.

I especially like that it makes fatties assblasted.

>Comparing Five Shits at Shits to Toy Story
>ever

No sound...and I still feel bad.

I actually remember everyone laughing at the notion how Americans (come on, they're the only ones who could afford giant spaceships) would become hamplanets in the future. The idea of "fat shaming" wasn't really prominent when the film came out.

>dam breaks
>dad throws the small dinosaur on the ledge before the flood hits them
>the moment the the flood hits the dad, it cuts to black
Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong but damn th shit resonated