Kimmy Schmidt

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the best comedy show on tv today.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veiled_Prophet_Ball
youtube.com/watch?v=zQoFVqKzxOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would have had to have had the most dramatic change in quality, content and staff for this to be true.

Did it?

>yfw you find out the actress took part in some weird southern illuminati dance ball and fucked a bunch of old guys

She was the "queen of dance and beauty" or some shit. There's loads of reading material about it.

Just another rich slut pretending to be an actress.

Back in the day actors could be considered artists, not just rich people in search of a hobby.

i'd like a pound of what you're smoking lol

well.... citation needed, for real.
But what if she fucked all those old guys and their dogs?
Does that's make the unbreakable kimmy schmidt any less awesome?

You're posting in a lot of threads.

Having a wank?

>asian male love interest

more like science fiction show

It worked

it got too cheesy for me, when the new york woman got her own story line with all that native American stuff it kind of signalled how the show was going
happens too often that a show has some potential and then devolves in to a shitty sitcom style, where the context and story is barely relevant anymore and it's all about the cast and their most 'likeable' features doing random shit
I stopped watching because they basically dropped all of the dark comedy they had or at least all of the feeling and soul behind the dark comedy

I have given you the tools to find out more information.

I haven't posted a lot at all.

Dark comedy? What are you even talking about?

And yeah, it's the characters doing the shit that is likeable. lol that's what makes it good. If you don't want to see the characters being themselves then there's no point in watching

>I'm a mysterious and aloof insider that offers vague platitudes as a way of avoiding having to post any kind of proof

>I have given you the tools to find out more information.

Nah. You're talking shit.
But feel free to prove me wrong

Season 3>2>1

agreed. It's just getting better

eh I much preferred Lady Dynamite.

I'll take Mitch Hurwitz over Tina Fey any day of the week.

>it's the characters doing the shit that is likeable. lol that's what makes it good.
I disagree
> the characters being themselves
my point is that the characters are just doing whatever is most likeable, they dropped most of the depth of the characters so that they would be likeable
>Dark comedy? What are you even talking about?
not really a dark comedy, you're right, but in the first couple of episodes, or at least the very first, there was a slight darkness to some of the jokes, and to the tone of some of the jokes
it was always a really bubbly show, and I thought that was balanced nicely with a slight dark humour
example being that she was kidnapped and held underground for however many years, and comes out all full of life and happy, that was the perfect balance and showed a definite dark comedy tone
in the most recent episode I saw it was just like really bubbly girl and a joke about not knowing a modern trend or technology

Still not buying the dark comedy angle. She has darker origins but right from the start they make light of it.

The characters are just absurd. All of them. That's what makes it great

By the time she was crowned Queen that shit wasn't really going on anymore. Maybe back in the VP heyday, but now it's just St. Louis elite flaunting status and networking. I grew up on the MS Gulf Coast and there are similar balls, it's the same sort of thing: well off families partying with other well off families

Titus makes this show kimmy-kino.

Fucking titus. Amazing character

>would have had to have had

The first season was incredible then I tried to start the second season and just couldn't make it through the second episode. Should I give it another shot and rewatch?

My favourite part about this show is how everyone's so God damned poor.

"NEGATIVE 2 DOLLARS?"

> Kimmy demands her scrunchy back from Asian dude
"I'LL PAY YOU BACK WHEN I HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY"

> I'll pay give you 100 bugs to let us film here
"Wait, did you say 100 bugs?"

> All-beak hotdog
"Did you say beaks?"

3 > 1 > 2

Habeeb it.

This show is just good enough to watch but not good enough to be the best comedy
Or even laugh out loud funny

>She has darker origins but right from the start they make light of it.
yeah they do, and in more recent episodes it seems like they dropped all of the darker origins or any darkness in general
the darkness is what made the light ok, and the light is what made the dark ok, now it's just light
>The characters are just absurd. All of them. That's what makes it great
there used to be a reason for the absurdity that made sense within in the character, now they're just absurd for the sake of it, or for the sake of laughs, or likeability

it's like here's this kid that was raped and now she's all bubbly because she can't handle even thinking about being sad, it's a complete defense mechanism
oh but now everyone likes the particular way she's being bubbly, how about we just continue it with her being bubbly and forget about any reason that she's bubbly in the first place
and you know what, everyone seems to like the way these characters are, let's make the side characters main characters because everyone likes them, and lets force some shitty backstory in to side characters to force some bland emotion in

I always wondered, were they raped by the reverend? I saw some sjw article about a bunch of women who were triggered by the show because it reminded them of sexual abuse, but it was never implied

>dark comedy
The fuck are you talking about? It's 30 Rock with insane poor people living in New York instead of insane people working on a TV show in New York.

She was never bubbly because of her past, she was just bubbly. You came into the show and got a wrong impression but there's barely a hint of anything deliberately and actually dark even in the first few episodes. I can understand if you feel gypped but you're pretty much the only one.

It wasn't stated or implied at all. Plus can you actually imagine the character the Reverend ends up being doing anything like that?

Not the only one. I too agree the dark implied stuff was all pretty good and gave it some depth. Then it just got shit pretty quickly. It needs cathartic drama to balance things out a bit.

Season 3 seemed like it got a lot wackier. Still really good though, Kimmy is great and Tina Fey manages to make shows that make you think women are funny.

>but there's barely a hint of anything deliberately and actually dark even in the first few episodes
I disagree and got a definite slight dark vibe from the first episodes, I remember because it surprised me and made me watch the show further

you are right though, I got the wrong impression of the show from the first few episodes, thought it was more than it was, and overall I don't think the show is very good, or at least it's completely against my taste and I don't think its baseline humour is funny
just to clarify, I hate all the SJW triggering bullshit
> it was never implied
it was never directly implied, but definitely situationally implied, a bunch of girls locked down in a bunker by basically a cult leader, think of any real life analogs
I am not surprised it reminded someone of sexual abuse
>Plus can you actually imagine the character the Reverend ends up being doing anything like that?
>the Reverend ends up being
just wanted to point out that that's along the lines of my overall complaints with the show
even he is made to be likeable

we need more AM-WF pairing to be honest. now that Glenn x Magi is no more we need more pairings to show that this is really the pairing to be

What he said was overly verbose and unwieldy, but made perfect sense.

What he typed is 100% correct in all usage.

If I was a chick I would for sure do some series of Cicada 3301 puzzles to get fucked by a bunch of Illuminati dudes in every hole just to say I did, seems like it would be a once in a lifetime experience and if I survive it would be pretty rad and I'd learn a lot about how to please a man in bed.

i straight up just skipped season 2 entirely and i loved season 3

i always take people seriously who puncuate sentences with "or some shit"

How the fuck is this anywhere near the level of Veep or Silicon Valley?

There's nothing remotely shady or sexual about it, it's just a lame midwestern version of Mardi Gras.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veiled_Prophet_Ball

No where near veep or first 3 ss of silicon on par with silicon season 4

i don't think he ever showed up or was even mentioned in season 3 at all

He's such a fucking obnoxious and one dimensional character, he's the reason I dropped the shhow.

Has that asian guy been written off yet? I dropped the show then since no one can suspend their disbelief enough to accept a white woman would reject a white man for an asian.

ironically tituss did get a real commercial
youtube.com/watch?v=zQoFVqKzxOE

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The show still has some pretty dark comedy bits.

How about that casting couch segment from the Titus storyline in season 3?

>it was never implied
literally the first episode she says
>yes, there was weird sex stuff in the bunker

I would know, I only watched that episode

what the foop, the urethrex commercials STILL arent on youtube

They get blindsided by the characters to pay attention to episodes theme