"The Mummy" director explains why Brendan Fraser isn't in the movie

>While there were plenty of nods to the original films in ‘The Mummy‘ from every iteration since the 30s incarnation, it sounds like there was never a plan to have a cameo from Brendan Fraser. Interestingly enough, the reason that director Alex Kurtzman gives doesn’t even seem to fit as this was a rebooted universe with no official ties to Fraser’s trilogy of films.

>According to Kurtzman: “We never really talked actively about bringing Brendan Fraser in, because he lived in a very different time period than the modern day and so he would be potentially not even be alive. [Laughs] Unless he himself were a monster, it didn’t seem like he would make a whole lot of sense. And if he were a monster, then we would have had a lot of explaining to do about why he was there.”

sciencefiction.com/2017/06/15/alex-kurtzman-reveals-a-confusing-reason-why-brendan-fraser-didnt-have-a-cameo-in-the-mummy/

Memes aside, what the fuck did he mean by this?

>Memes aside, what the fuck did he mean by this?
He meant that Fraser is box office poison and under no circumstances would he be getting his fat, ugly, balding head on camera.

they literally didnt give a shit about the fans and only want that sweet sweet chinese money

This movie takes place in modern times. Brendan Fraser takes place in the 20s.

>the original films
>Brendan Fraser

It wouldn't even make sense to have him in person, unless it was a flashback, photos or statues.
He was alive in the 20's, and he was at LEAST in his late thirties by the third movie.
He would never be alive in the new movie, it would just not be possible (unless magic was involved).

He could have pulled an eternal life giving golden egyption dildo out of the Rock's scorpion asshole and shoved it up his own ass.

>they literally didn't give a shit about the fans
the only people who give a fuck about the brendan mummy movies are 90's born queers, you fucking pathetic faggot

>this was a rebooted universe with no official ties to Fraser’s trilogy of films.

This. Why do I keep hearing people compare this to the fraser movies? I even saw some websites calling this a remake. Are people this retarded?

>kurtzman

I am so fucking pissed that China is saving this movie financially. Hollywood doesn't direct for Americans anymore. They know they can get their cash back from film-retarded Chinese who will watch any garbage they give them.

Transformers would have died off years ago if not for the Chinese market. Hollywood is fucking ruined.

I had to explain to a 24 year old the other day that the 90's mummy movies were not the first mummy movies. fags born in the 90's live in a weird little bubble.

Well yeah most people on earth are chinks

>Kurtzman was born and raised in Los Angeles, California,[1] where he met his high school friend and longtime collaborator Roberto Orci. He was raised in a secular Jewish family.

Really makes you think

The Mummy (1932) - Universal Studios
The Mummy (1959) - Universal Studios
The Mummy (1999) - Universal Studios
The Mummy (2017) - Universal Studios

I wonder why people thought that the 1999 and 2017 versions might be related. It's not like hollywood remakes movies all the time.

After they watched the trailer they should have realized that the plots/worlds were unrelated

>brendans JUST picture is even on the mummy wikipedia page

this, fraser would be long dead or like 130 years old.

>I wonder why people thought that the 1999 and 2017 versions might be related.

Because they're retarded.

>Because they're retarded.

No truer words spoken.

>2017
>watching movies
Dumbfuck

xD !!!!!!

Fucking normies

I'm conflicted about The Mummy.

On the one hand, we're given a completely evil, irredeemable female villain that's not at all treated sympathetically; I expected her to have some tragic backstory, but instead we got a blatant lie about her dad didn't love her, and real reason: she was just a power-hungry sociopath.

We also got a book-accurate depiction of Mr. Hyde (a creepy version of Jekyll rather than a huge monster).

On the other hand, it's a bit of a step down from the tragic male villain from the original 30's movie.

y so mad tho

God the reading comprehension here is abysmal.

>Brendan "JUST why would we consider him?" Fraser

>making up your own quote to get mad at
kys

When they showed the Book of the Dead in Jekyll's library for a split second, I had the hope that it was more than just a little nod to the Fraser movies, like it would be pretty cool if in later movies they make note of how they got it from some adventurer and his wife (a nod to Rick and Evee).

EL JUSTO JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

none of that is redeeming

>she was just a power-hungry sociopath
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
SHE'S A LOVING CARING PERSON THAT WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE

>it's real
Why would they use that one? IT'S NOT FAIR