Emoji Robot Edition

Previously on /who/
No.84364704

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/culture/2013/may/28/john-simm-doctor-who-fans
youtu.be/Umsvm1D3skI
youtube.com/watch?v=1E1PIqcOo9g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

List best examples of show, don't tell in DW!

List best examples of tell, don't show in DW!

Sorry, fucked up the previous thread.

show don't tell
Smith and Jones
Empty Child
Bad Wolf

tell dont show
Heaven Sent
World enough and time

Best example of show, don't tell:
Clara's tits in that raven parallel london episode.
Best example of tell, don't show:
Clara talking about her lesbian adventures with Jane Austin

>adult mature torchwood
"There's this gas that makes you want to DO IT UGH! It makes you RANDY and up for a SHAG!"

>Sit down to watch the new Cyberman episode
>Really looking forward to it
>Intro sequence plays
>Dooweeoooo etc
>Title card pops up
>DOCTOR POO AND THE MONDASSIAN DIAPERMEN
What the fuck? I thought you guys were just shitposting.

Somehow my family knew nothing of this story.

It seemed to me as if these terrible events had been completely erased from memory.

Who, if not we, could be a credible witness to the fact that the victims were not, an anonymous mass?

Who, if not we, could name them, and thus help bring down the walls of silence and taboo?

By reversing the anonomization, we give our murdered relatives their identity, and some dignity back.

Just a reminder that something is wrong with the Doctor (ala Empress of Mars)

Wait, is Simm a kike?

theguardian.com/culture/2013/may/28/john-simm-doctor-who-fans

Reminder that the next Doctor MUST be female.

Why did they cast Capaldi for the 12 doctor? Don't get me wrong, I love him and he was a dream cast, but surely they'd know that having the doctor be old again would make the massive teenage girl audience drop the show.

>Make a wish foundation

Moffat was gonna cast a black dude until he saw Capaldi's performance

Source?

FIRST FOR OFFICIAL THE DOCTOR POWER RANKINGS:

>Shit tier
The Valeyard

>Splendid chaps, all of you Tier
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, War, 9, 10, 11, 12

OOGLEH

I still don't understand the valyard. Is he an incarnation of the doctor?

Dalton still can come back as James Rassilon pre-The End of Time.

He could be. But probably won't.

The fans, never ending, never stopping, can't you hear them, Gomez? Can't you hear them?

Scrooge McCunt.
All he has to do is say thank you, his kids would be proud of him, instead he has to be a niggardly.
Simm worst master confirmed.

Female I can take. But if she is black or gay I swear to God...

Gay IRL or gay in the show? Because they pretty much made the Doctor omnisexual. Because that's true progress

>they pretty much made the Doctor omnisexual
You are watching the show wrong.

this looks better imo

>BILL: So, the Time Lords, bit flexible on the whole man-woman thing, then, yeah?
>DOCTOR: We're the most civilised civilisation in the universe. We're billions of years beyond your petty human obsession with gender and its associated stereotypes.

Same. I'm alright with a female Doctor as long as her gender isn't brought up often and if it is brought up I want it to tie into the time era their in

I hate how they reference stuff like that but they don't reference other obvious stuff.
For example, in Empress of Mars that guy had a problem with the notion of being in the police, but didn't even mention the fact she was black. Apparently being a woman was a huge stepping stone to Victorian police, but there were thousands of black policemen.

And he's then immediately called out on that by her bringing up the fact that they still use masculine and feminine titles. That quote doesn't even have anything to do with sexual preference anyway.

I couldn't care less if the actor/actress was gay, but the character shouldn't be overtly homosexual. The Doctor is meant to be beyond that shit. Did Eccleston, Tenant and Smith have little gay moments? Yes, but they were quick, humorous, tasteful even. They weren't something to identify him by. The moment they make the Doctor's sexuality something by which to identify him is the moment the show goes terminal.

My point is they'll make up any shit as long as it sounds progressive.
I don't feel like traipsing through to find you other such quotes are you're set in the mindset "They never made the Doctor gay and it wouldn't even matter if they did you nazi bigot", so this conversation is exceptionally pointless.

Thoughts?
youtu.be/Umsvm1D3skI

He's a dark manifestation of all the evil of the doctor somewhere between his penultimate and final incarnations.

FUCK YOU CLOISTER

It would matter greatly if they made the Doctor gay. I think we're actually on the same side here.So yeah, kinda pointless

We're not, I'm on the retarded extreme far right "hates everything not a straight white male christian" side and you're on the rational "let's not mess with it too much" side.

In terms of our preference for the Doctor, you and I are in the exact same boat my friend. Casting the Doctor for the sake of diversity would ruin the show and at this point, it wouldn't be for any other reason no matter what they claim.

The difference is you would probably support a talented black actor taking the role, where as I wouldn't, for the same reason I wouldn't want James Bond to be played by anyone but a dsrk haired white man.
having said that id fuck the shit out of that qt gook watson they did in the yank version of sherlock holmes

>The difference is you would probably support a talented black actor taking the role
The role of the companion, sure. I'd drop it if he were the Doctor. The companion is always a strong character, and 99% of the time is a woman anyway. All these people demanding a female Doctor are devaluing the importance of all of the companions.

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've never read.

It's like representation doesn't count unless it's the main character.

A female doctor would be fine by me if casted correctly. Hard to imagine all the character's eccentricities feeling natural though and can't for the life of me come up with a suitable actress.

Missy was very well done, that kinda Cruella de Vil mold.

I don't get it aaaaaa, I'd Missy not the regen. of the Master?????

I just think the entire way they've handled it is terrible, they had two viable options and they chose neither:
1.This reality is exactly like ours, with all it's historical views on race and sex.
2. This reality is nothing like ours, with non of our historical views on race or sex.

Example, in Thin Ice you have Bill, a black woman, walking around regency era London, she asks the Doctor if slavery is a thing, he says it is, very much so. Okay, so we're in a 99% white society where all minorities are treat like shit, right? Wrong, we're in a 50% white society where there is no animosity between races. So then why the fuck does slavery exist in this timeline? They put real world discrimination in, i.e: slavery, and yet it's 50% white and there is no apparent tension between the whites and the non whites, furthermore the soldiers are black, so the people enforcing this non existent slavery are themselves black?

Furthermore, the Doctor's reaction to it, here we see a white aristocratic man telling a poor black woman to "respect her betters", which, whatever way you look at this, that was the fact then. In every single catagory he would be deemed a social better than her in that era. But what does the Doctor do? He gets so mad he goes on a sperg rage and hits him.

So I'm expected to believe the Doctor would:
1. Put himself at an extreme strategic disadvantage. (he was tied up due to this.)
2. Completely lose control of the situation in that manner.
3. React so strongly to what would have been expected in that era in that world.

I mean, I could just about understand it if he had nothing to lose by doing this, but he was in a situation where he was calmly discussing something with a man he wanted information from, and because of a single comment he flew into a fit of rage, what the fuck? Is the Doctor known to have bad impulse control?

Honestly, they've killed the show for me. I keep watching it, but it's like watching someone shoveling shit on a grave.

**not "I'd", I meant isn't -_-

really the only excuse i can come up with for that is that the 12th was meant to be a violent evil bastard
but they never did that in any other episode so that's bollocks, i'm sorry.

why can't we have a Doctor who just straight up murders fools

It's an idea I wouldn't be able to contribute to myself because, of my lack of a microphone at the moment but, has /who/ ever discussed recording audio readings of Doctor Who books (the Targets, the Telos, the Virgins, etc.) that do not have audio adaptations of them?

Do you think they'll finally show whether or not he pushed the half-faced man next week?

This is basically a rip off of star trek everything Dr who did star trek did it originally even the enemies are Kmart rip offs of star trek enemies prove me wrong

ANTI-PLASTIC

Anti Plastic?

Why does series one have a slight glow to the video?

ANNNTI-PLASTIC!

Because it's magic

You're doing it wrong, delete this

AAANTI-PLASTIC

Do any anons remember us watching the leaked test screening episodes of series 8 and thinking we were entering the new golden age of /who/?

cheers, marcelo camargo

What if in the finale, 12 finds a way to indefinitely delay his regeneration and uses this new power to go on adventures with Clara and Me through space and time for all eternity?

My biggest problem with the Ten regeneration is the lengthy goodbye tour. I loved Ten telling Rose she's "going to have a great year" it's a beautiful book end of sorts to an era and yes, its moved me to tears a couple of times when I've watched that scene by itself without all the nonsense that comes before it.

But yeah, the nonsense. Ten pushing Sarah Jane Smith's kid out of the way of a car, Donna getting that lottery ticket, Martha & Mickey randomly being a couple, and so on? Didn't need it.

Aww bless.

>World Enough and Time retcons Spare Pa-

Why would 12 want to punish himself like that?

Clara was a mistake.

It's difficult to reconcile World Enough and Time with The Tenth Planet, let along Spare Parts.

>Martha & Mickey randomly being a couple.
It's because they're black isn't it?

>Nine and Twelve will never be on screen together

How does Tenth Planet, Spare Parts and World Enough and Time fit together? What is the order?

Seems fairly obvious to me that Spare Parts then leads on to The Tenth Planet and that World Enough and Time is a completely separate event from Spare Parts, given that they're on a spaceship away from Mondas and it took them that long to develop the technology.

Tenth Planet goes last.

Ship from World Enough and Time leaves, events happen whenever -> Spare Parts -> The Tenth Planet

I never expected 10 and 11 so you never know.

youtube.com/watch?v=1E1PIqcOo9g

I'm waiting for The Doctor Falls because, I'm thinking the it was a simulation all along! LOL theory is seeming more and more likely to be true An user pointed out on, sunday I think, that in one of the scenes where they show the spaceship that you can briefly see what at least looks to be the wheat fields that were in Smile in one of the windows

>one last final raw moffucking from the man himself
Almost bitter-sweet

>The BBC got their wheat field footage from the same place, so the episode is a simulation, again

>I'm famous and adored by millions for my work
>God I hate them
Method actors, everyone.

The Nethersphere garden area in DB reused the bg from Any's Choice. They recycle their old sets all the time.

But in Spare Parts they hadn't mentioned anything about leaving the planet yet, wasn't that still being planned?

That's the problem with a big serial franchise that's constantly changing hands. You never know if you're dealing with a carefully crafted narrative, or slop.

Okay, but nothing about it is "fairly obvious" at all actually.

Oh yes. I arrived here during that time.

That was a time of unmatched potential. It seemed like this new Doctor might do anything.

What does that even mean?

It's the explanation given in Trial of a Timelord and The Last Adventure. Sometime between The Doctor's penultimate and final incarnation, all the evil within him manifested into one being. That's the Valeyard.

>Implying wheat fields usually look completely different from each other...

Test post. Don't respond.

I know but what does that mean? Is he someone the Doctor regenerates into? Did the time lords do some timey wimey bullshit and stick traits of all the bad shit the doctor's done and put it into a body they made just for shits and giggles?

Right, fuck off you fat little cunt. Sick of your shit. Fucking reported.

I'm pretty sure It's the latter, whether it's stated outright or not.

i wanna lick Clara's pancake tits

HOW TO FIX HIDE
>Episode cold opens with The Doctor in the woods
>"My name is the Doctor, and I am very, very, afraid."
>DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOoOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO
>entire episode is The Doctor and Clala running and hiding from the monster
>brief flashbacks to landing in the woods and getting split up
>manage to meet up and find TARDIS after a fucking spoopy 40 minutes of running, hiding, and surviving
>we never find out what the creature was

Instant 8/10 episode. Hire me as showruiner

Quick top story for each Doctor from each medium, go

>Genesis of the Cybermen
I can't believe this was an actual line

The episode is basically moffat sucking capaldi's dick for 45 minutes

I think the "solution" to The Doctor Falls will just be sending all the Cybermen into the black whole ala Doomsday and Flesh and Stone. That'll explain how it doesn't contradict Spare Parts.