What, exactly is making everyone complain that Marvel NOWer is dooming Marvel? We're getting the original Thor back...

What, exactly is making everyone complain that Marvel NOWer is dooming Marvel? We're getting the original Thor back, crazy shit like USAvengers and Great Lakes, Captain Marvel's book isn't dropping the direction of her current (good) run... It doesn't really seem like it's the herald of Ruined Forever that everyone's complaining about.

>inb4 Riri Williams
That's your own stupid fault for caring about Bendis Iron Man in the first place.
>inb4 grimdark Slapstick
...yeah, okay, I can't defend this one. But is it that big a deal? We don't even know if he's getting his own book.

I just like to shitpost about everything the big 2 does. I don't even read it lol.

because if we are to look at ANAD. There's a good possibility all these good shit gets cancelled by Issue 6 or before it even reaches double digits.

I'm not following this at all. Still waiting for Citizen V to show up like they showed in the last Marvel NOW teaser.

Everything aside, can't wait to see Gamora's reason to say on Earth and have NYC quirky adventures.

>Bendis writing a Doom book.

Yes it's worked so well every other time Bendis touched Doom.

Again
>That's your own stupid fault for caring about Bendis Iron Man in the first place.

Her reason is Bendis. Bendis' new direction for Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be "Guardians of Earth" where all the Guardians are stranded on Earth for a few arcs.

BRAVO BENDIS.

>We're getting the original Thor back

But as unworthy Thor with Ultimate Thor's hammer which is weaker than 616's hammer, Whor will still be around getting all the glory.

Yeah they did an interview that said as much. I still like Punished Thor though and really at this point I'm worried when Marvel will retcon all this worldbuilding with Thor and give him his original arm back.

I suppose that could be interesting for a few arcs considering the Guardians are used to the way the rules of the universe work and would have to adjust how they do things because humans are generally closed minded about the state of affairs in the universe.

That being said, how do you get "stranded" on Earth? Ultimates already showed that there are 70 alien encounters a month, they could easily hitch a ride back to Knowhere or wherever Bendis has them rotting.

I like the destroyer arm, but I'm just tired of Whor, I want Thor to regain his title and fix everything.

It's possible that Thor 3 will make everything back to normal.

Isn't that also movie synergy? If the rumors are true, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is going to take place on Earth.

It really sounds like a terrible idea if those rumors are true.

Only USAvengers look interesting since it's by Ewing.
Cautiously optimistic for Waid's Champions.
Aaron's Thor went downhill so not interested in that
I hope they publish Seeley's Blade so they can publish one more good book to replace Vision.

I still wish they had put Devil Dinosaur's foot behind the right side.

That won't be true. Gunn hates mixing the guardians with earth stuff. He wants no earth characters other than Star-Lord (so no Dick Rider, and Mantis will be an alien like Drax) and he doesn't want them to go back to earth as it would take away what makes them special.

Before people go asking who these characters are again.

Okay two questions.

1) Are we actually going to see Prowler do stuff or is he just going to be someone that's put on there to show diversity.

2) Are we sure that's American Kaiju? I thought it was Fing Fang Foom.

>Prowler
Whelp, guess we know which D-lister is going to be dying for drama this event.
Also are they *still* trying to make Slapstick edgy or is this just shitty art?

You can't spell Gamora Zen Whoberi Ben Titan without Whore.

>Several major characters >Several long-existing but never prominent characters >A few new characters Why were people complaining about this, exactly? Isn't that, like, exactly what you'd want the preview for a new status quo to show off?

>Also are they *still* trying to make Slapstick edgy or is this just shitty art?
On the one hand, Marvel.
On the other hand, Deodato.
Take your pick.
>Are we actually going to see Prowler do stuff or is he just going to be someone that's put on there to show diversity.
No casuals know who Prowler is and he's got a full-face mask, so he wouldn't help with the latter.
Still, I wouldn't get your hopes up for him doing anything.

Because for most people on Sup Forums if someone isn't at least B-list (and many of that group too) they have never existed before and Marvel created them last year to take the place of their loved heroes of whom they have never read anything

Probably that it's another new status quo.

Could also be a problem with this is essentially a poster for LOOK HOW DIVERSE WE ARE.

If you prefer right to left you are L I T E R A L L Y reddit and should go back.

Jk.

But left looks much more interesting as a whole.

Yeah, there was this guy in another thread who listed which characters were the only ones he cared about and complained about all the new characters. Doctor Doom, Carol Danvers, Prowler, Gamora, Foolkiller, Elektra, Solo, Squirrel Girl and Slapstick were not among the characters he cared about while Jessica Jones, America Chavez and Kamala were.

>Could also be a problem with this is essentially a poster for LOOK HOW DIVERSE WE ARE.
I guess I'm not really that bothered by that. Riri's the only one where it felt unnatural and forced; the other "diverse" legacies either didn't replace anyone (Wasp), were brought in a while after the role was "freed up" (Kamala), or are established supporting cast members of their respective heroes (Chulk). And Miles, I guess, but he's been around for years now.
Plus, if you look at the D-listers they've got on there, the only Diverse Minority ones are Hobie and Elektra, if she counts.
If you took out, say, Riri, Moon Girl, and Gwenpool, I don't think anyone would have any reason to complain whatsoever other than "muh mutants".

I can't believe that Gwenpool is part of a major advertisement.

I don't think full face mask has ever been a problem for diversity, I mean Miles has a full mask and so does the Riri girl.

>Squirrel Girl
To be fair, Marvel's been making it hard to care about her recently.
I manage it by just reading New Avengers and ignoring the existence of her solo.

I would agree, those three are probably the ones that I have the biggest problem with, though Thor being just in the back there as an afterthought bothers me a bit.

Riri's got her helmet off and Miles is relatively well-known, even amongst casuals.
The issue isn't that Hobie is a "diverse" character, it's that they can't use him as a Diversity Character without calling attention to him, and as of yet they haven't.

Who is she? Why does she wear the mask?

I seem to remember that she was selling quite well.
Also we have to see what the status quo will be after CW2. I mean, the most basic concepts are already visible, but we don't know for the most part which groups will survive, which will completely change their roster etc.
I just hope that they will not add her to some team, since in my opinion she works best when basically no one knows of her existence

Honestly, I don't even mind Gwenpool or Moon Girl as characters. They're just very much niche characters who shouldn't be on the frontlines of a major push.
Thor's "in the back" as much as Carol or Steve, and they're definitely making an effort to push them, so I wouldn't read too much into that. This is a really fucking shittily staged poster in general, though.

I honestly can't tell if this is a Banepost or a sincere question.

Both

She is a girl from the real world that was transported in the Marvel Universe after Secret Wars.
After her arrival her first choice was becoming a hero for survival, because in a comic it's rare that a hero will die, while the bystanders are killed by the dozen almost every chapter in every comic
She went to a dressmaker that read her name, Gwen Poole, wrongly and thought she was associated with Deadpool, thus making her costume that way
She has a quite entertaining ongoing that right now has only 3/4 issues, written by Hastings of Dr. McNinja fame and drawn by Gurihiru

I would say it's probably because they haven't quite finished his Ultimate Thor design yet.

Thanks.

Said dressmaker is, incidentally, the best part of the comic.

I really doubt Deodato cares that much.
They didn't even provide him with reference for Kate Bishop, so he ended up using a fan design.

That Afro is literally the dumbest thing. how would that even work in a helmet.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Earth's Space Avengers.

If anime protagonists can do it, Iron Girl will too