You got 10 seconds to pitch a fallout screenplay

you got 10 seconds to pitch a fallout screenplay

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_(film)
youtu.be/NlK90MhwOdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just adapt the first game with the Master, add some personality to the Vault Dweller and companions like Ian or Katja and you're done.

Okay so it's a two-hour long lecture on the lore and mythos of the Fallout Universe given by a guy who looks vaguely like Preston Garvey and who shouts ANOTHER SETTLEMENT NEEDS YOUR HELP every now and again

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_(film)

done

Do you want me to write a spec-script?

GIVE HIM YOUR FUCKING LOGLINE YOU SLUT

The Survivalist's story from Honest Hearts

Can use it to kickstart a whole cinematic universe: follow up with Dead Money (with an original protagonist), then New Vegas split into two parts (Pt 1: Goodsprings -> retrieving the Platinum Chip, Pt 2: Recruited by House -> taking Hoover Dam) then Lonesome Road to finish off the Courier's story.

Old World Blues doesn't really fit IMO

Sometimes I think writers/screenwriters just come here to get ideas for their next project.
Really makes you think.

A movie adaption of dead money would be amazing

What's the best game of this series for a first timer?

a boy and his dog
any of the mad max movies
six string samurai

no joke the part where you free those kids from the slavers would be cool as a 45-minute tv movie

new vegas is th only good installment

ONE, NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
TWO, NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

New Vegas. It's a one-off and easily the best RPG I've ever played.
Haven't played 1 and 2, don't have access to a gaming computer. But I hear they're good, just really different and have a high learning curve for the more action-oriented gamers of today.
Fallout 3 is "ok," but it's pretty barebones and your decisions literally don't matter.
Don't play Fallout 4.

What the user said earlier, an adaptation of Dead Money. Could be a Suicide Squad movie done right.

Personally I'd love to see a one-season adaptation of New Vegas itself.

More of the Legion would be great.

Most interesting faction in the game yet most of their content was cut.

Film takes place in different battles in the leadup to the great war, switches between a soldier and the president, some soldier gets injured in anchorage and is sent home. As he watches tv he sees that america is set to take Beijing, nukes start landing, president doesn't make it to a vault because of his own folly

end

>The Survivalist's story from Honest Hearts

Nobody's body would be ready for so much sadness in one movie.

First person view like hardcore henry. Lead has low intelligence so the target audience can relate. Rest of the movie is just everyone berating the lead for being retarded

how has this not happened

The story is too good not to put it into film. Is it because of the video game movie boogeyman?

A western that combines zombies or ghouls, campy looking 50's robots.

Works better as a tv show than a movie. Most episodes are a one-off and other episodes have recurring characters. 60/40 split.

why the fuck would you need a gaming computer to play 1 or 2

they could run over fucking toasters. They're iso games from the 90s my dude

You could play any of F:NV, F1, or F2 for the first time and it wouldn't really matter unless you either detest first person shooters or iso games.

Best selling game. Best selling movie. Money money money.

Would the movie have Wild Wasteland perk or not?

depends on the director/producers tbqh

There is a lot of marketing here these days. Shills shilling, and trolling for info. That's why I mostly just shitpost.

youtu.be/NlK90MhwOdk

Old World Blues could be your Saturday morning cartoon spin off

Netflix series, each season with a new cast in a different location(can cover vegas, washington, boston and a new region) with protaganists from different prewar backgrounds and at least one that was never a vault dweller. 1-2 episodes per season show life before the bombs dropped and cover the war. Anything, movie or tv show about the alternate timeline would be amazing honestly.

you only need half of a 60 min episode to set up pre-bomb characters and their ties to the other characters and their motivations.

there will be goofy references and scenarios, but never anything truly extraordinary like aliens.

That would make more sense, just the fallout lore and pre-bomb world make my dick hard.

video game movies are always shit because they are made specifically for the purpose of making a movie based on a video game, lacking the drive to create something good and original that a movie needs to be good. I do like the survivalist idea, but that wouldn't be a "good enough" pitch for such a popular franchise. Gotta appeal to Jamal and Tyrone, the biggest fans of FO4. In the end it would be a shitty cashgrab as all video game movies are.

New Vegas would work well on Netflix I think. Four seasons (like the suits in a deck of cards), each with a bit more focus on a specific faction that ultimately ends with them and the Courier falling out, ending with the Courier and Yes Man seizing power.

S1: Primary focus is the Courier getting caught up in the conflict between the NCR and the Powder Gangers/raiders when he really just wants to find Benny. Ends somewhere near the Mojave Outpost or Nipton.

S2: Primary focus is the conflict between the NCR and the Legion. Courier visits various towns along the way, either the solar power plant quest or the space ghoul quest as mid-season climaxes, ends with him entering New Vegas and confronting Benny.

S3: Primary focus is House VS the Legion and NCR. Courier helps House rearm the Securitrons, protect the NCR President from assassination, and intervene to solve problems on the Strip. Ends with House becoming increasingly detached from reality and the Courier deciding to take power themselves.

S4: The Courier activates Yes Man and starts preparing to take Hoover Dam. He befriends the Boomers, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Great Khans and the Enclave, then kills Mr House, finally fighting off both the NCR and Legion and installing himself as dictator.

OK! Get this! We take every post apocalypse WWIII movie ever made, and a bunch of shitty 50s sci fi movies...

and throw it all together into one big movie!

Every single thing in Fallout is a blatant rip off of things from movies and books.

I dare you to name something that isn't.

For first timer FO3 and then NV just to see how much better it is
But in general the list is 1>NV>2>3>4

just have a multiplot with people telling stories about a vault dweller.

Transgender black person roams the wasteland looking for his adopted chinease baby, but he must take his hormone pills every 30 hours. His White ex fag lover is the only pharmacist left, who might be dead, might be alive, but the LGBT nigger must crush all who oppose this nigger on the way to get his stash.

>What was the point of it all? So many failures.

>But I never forgot your face. Or Little Nut's. Or (sorry) Sylvie's. They used to say that happened after a while but it never did for me.

>Maybe the only point of all that living was to keep those pictures in my head going for as long as I could. It was the only life I could give you. Not a day went by without.

>It wasn't choice. I chose to die again and again. Just never did. Body had its own drive.

>Well, the little ones will need it. Species will need it if it's to continue. That blind drive onward.

>I wish them well. It's been a gift to me, at the end of it all, to behold innocence.

>Goodbye, Zion.

>Randall Dean Clark
>Feb 5th, 2053 - Jan 2124

if you enjoy old rpgs just do 1>2 and then New Vegas

if you enjoy Skyrim, do 3>New Vegas, and then if you are invested play the old ones.

4 is garbage

i would really a big sidequest in New Vegas.

maybe the Gomorrah/Ultra Luxe cassino quests.or the ones with the ghouls flying to the moon

god this makes me wish they had actually done any sort of writing or story development for fo4.
it's so barren in comparison

Nuka World sort of redeems it a bit, it really does a good job of setting up the Disneyland theme and the new area is fun. Quests are still shit though, and now that nigger Preston is mad at me but whatever

Mike Myers is...

Fallout; The Love Guru 2.

1 or New Vegas

I don't think it would work the Chinese market probably would care for a series that has them killing the world.

This, after those do 2 you need some build up for 2 and it can also be a big turn off to new comers.

As someone who doesn't mind 3, 4 is fucking garbage.

10 minutes in and you're fighting deathclaws in power armor. They couldn't have spoiled the Fallout atmosphere more if they tried

underrated

I think to adapt the video games as a whole would mean that the screenplay would need to be at least a trilogy

Id say the first game up to the brotherhood of sterl might be a good chunk of time for a screenplay

The style was 50's style pulp

Makes sense that everything in the game is derivative.

The jokes i think lent to a self awareness of the first two at least.

The only way to make a good Fallout movie would be to come up with an original story set in the Fallout universe (preferably on the West coast). A straight adaptation of one of the games would just be a worse version of a story that's already been told.

The Road with mutants.

NV takes place after 2, FO3 is on it's own and takes place around the same time as NV.

If you play NV before 3 you aren't going to be able to finish 3 because NV is such a massive improvement. 3 Basically requires mods to be half playable, NV just requires some unofficial patches

There's a director and he loses 200 million dollars fishing on Sup Forums for help doing his job

What would the cast for Fallout NV look like? Matthew Perry should be made to lose some weight and play Benny desu

>picks the worst expansion for the third best game in the series to make a movie

Honest Hearts and Dead Money were bad from a gameplay perspective, not their stories were not bad. Honest Hearts has a pretty good setting, themes and characters.

Veronica is getting discouraged with the brotherhood of steel and hangs around the 188. Cass is there drinking because
>muh caravan
And Veronica eventually convinces her to let her tag along while they figure out who is killing them. Meanwhile Courier (male) is doing most of his shit offscreen. We see him come out of the grave and that's about it until the three meet up in Freeside.
Veronica helps Cass realize it wasn't the BoS but the Van Graffs who melted her caravan. They see the Courier bargaining with Max for Euclid's C-Finder and Veronica laughs at him until he explains that it's an orbital laser powered be a now functioning Helios 1 (flashback showing Fantastic making weird moaning sounds when he sees the power come on and also
>theoretical degree in physics
). Veronica remember reading about the gun, but never knew it was the secret behind Helios 1 and becomes distraught after realizing her family died for an orbital laser. Cass gets upset and snatches it off of the Courier and fires it at the Van Graffs thinking he's just being ass. The Van Graffs get blown up and everybody thinks this is somehow House's fault. McLafferty is relieved to know she won't have to cover any loose ends with Cass as all the evidence was vaporized.
Then like dlc and main plot and shit.

an episode based around the life of harold would be kino tbqh

first game isn't that long if you just focus the main parts

>1>NV>2>3>4
Shit list, tbqh.
It goes;
1>2=NV>4>3

It just works.