How strong is Superman? What is his maximum strength?

How strong is Superman? What is his maximum strength?

superman is plot strong and his maximum strength is plot +1

Why

As strong as he needs to be unless the writer wants him to not be strong enough

He's as strong as he needs to be, literally

You know when you're playing Power Stone and the announcer says "POWERFUL!"?

That how strong he is.

You have to be specific, because it depends on the Superman.

>What is his maximum strength?
He has no limit to the amount of solar energy he can absorb.

Except in ASS where he absorbed so much he got godlike power before almost dying of super-cancer.

Not as strong as Madara Uchiha

Only in that.

This is what plebs who never read Superman think.

It depends on version.

For instance, New 52 could "bench press" planets but it would struggle with nukes and other radiation blasts.

He's as strong as .75 glon units. Golden age was .245 folgs, plus or minus a few drebs.

Superman is what you call a small planet buster meaning he can dish out enough force to destroy the earth but something like the mass of Jupiter or Saturn would beyond him. Beings that can destroy stars and there are alot of them in DC would see him like an ant. His speed is faster than light but its nothing Silver Surfer level now.

>its nothing Silver Surfer level now.

kek Silver surfer isnt that fast, he warps, just like superman in space. Also pleb.

Superman should logically only be capable of using fraction of the energy the sun produces thats why he can destroy planets but he cant destroy stars unless we go to Silver Age bullshit where he survives something that destroys a galaxy with the energy OF FUCKING STARS.

I do read Superman and he's so fucking inconsistent that I realized the only way it makes sense is as a meta thing.

All Star Superman is the strongest version except for MAYBE Silver Age Superman.

You have to take each writers Superman as their own character.

Silver Age writers like Otto Binder and Garnder Fox Superman blew out universes with his sneeze and punched stars. His durability was even worse and was set at fuck you if it wasn't magic red sun or kryptonite. He flew so fast he broke infinity. He could time travel at will. Molecular control did nothing to him.

He once traveled to the beginning of the universe and survived the Big Bang.

Grant Morrison in Supergods wrote that Silver Age Superman had feats to rival the Hindu gods. He was right.

And Grant Morrison Superman is even more powerful.

I think my favorite Superman moment in my reading of old Silver Age stuff is in a Gardner Fox JLA story where he has to race and beat a robotic clone with all his powers.

He wins because metal eventually gets tired and worn down while he never gets tired. His stamina is infinite.

Just a moment that made me grin like a little boy.

They're both basically the same character. All Star is just less puckish and more chill.

He's a super converter that takes in solar energy and turns it into infinity. He's the mythological concept of the infinite and undying sun connected to the real life ball of gas.

Whatever the plot requires it to be

1/3 of Goku's power

He actually got a *boost* over this in Nu52, going from quintillion ton range (10^18) to sextillion ton range (10^21).

This is why DC v Marvel comparisons are pointless, the two settings have entirely different power scales where the latter tries to keep the strength scales not too far away from the 100 ton range. Now even Gruenwald allowed for wiggle room, the "Class 100+" category was essentially undefined, we've seen characters like Hulk and Thor pull off stunts that without a doubt required much, much greater strength than a mere 100 ton press. But is Thor pushing 6000 sextillion tons? I don't think we've seen him ever come close to that level.

IMO, in the JLA vs Avengers crossover series, much like Flash and Scarlet Witch found himself having to obey the different rules of the alternate reality, strength levels should have adjusted upwards or downwards.

BTW, that 5.972 sextillion tons value? It just happens to be the calculated "weight" of Earth.

>1/3 of Goku's power

Goku is universe level now

If he keeps roiding he'll rival Saitama. Eventually. Maybe.

Didn't Pre-Crisis Superman throw a neutron star like it was a baseball?

I miss Silver Age Superman. 100% invulnerability, infinite durability against physical attacks. It was awesome.

Nu52 Clark was basically the berserker build Superman in that in terms of offensive output he was on par with All-Star at his best, but his endurance was much lower.

You kinda have to be specific. Are you talking about how much he can benchpress or how much he can destroy?

Benchpressing-wise, nowadays, Superman usually has either Planetary or Multi-planetary bench pressing strength. Nothing beyond being able to benchpress a solar system though.

If he sundips for quite a while, he can go beyond that though, but we don't know the full extent of it.

Screw Superman, who's the guy who discovered the material that could resist that kind of pressure and invented the machine that could exert that kind of force?

Turned him into a dick, though.

>He once traveled to the beginning of the universe and survived the Big Bang.
I always hated that trope that ridiculous speed allows time travel to the past and not just to the future.

How in the shit is that thing defying gravity?

And last month

True maximum? Beyond any possible comprehension. The strongest he's ever been written were really just attempts to make the strongest possible character in fiction.

He and his organization of super-scientists actually owe all they do to Superman. He helped them develop and started the whole thing when he converted Lex Luthor to the side of good

Is Superman stronger than Goku?

That annoyed the hell out of me.

>part of the reason we're rebooting the DCU is because Superman is too strong, so we're gonna knock him down a notch so the writers can actually do something with him that isn't philosophy 101 or DBZ
>alright cool
>six months later: MY GOD SUPERMAN YOU'RE LIFTING TEN TIMES THE EARTH'S WEIGHT HOW CRAZY IS THAT

You got to remember that 200 Quintillion isn't All-Star's Max.

It's just all they could measure and they can't find an upper limit. Because there is none.

Yes. And he did it when he was Superboy.

So he wasn't even at full power when he did it.

How much force would it take to do what he did in pic related?

At what point does batshit Silver Age Supes really begin?
I'm reading Golden Age Supes and he's still messing with racketeers.

Original Supes eventually got to the point where he could fly and survive nukes. There's a comic shortly after WW2 where he takes pictures of nuclear bomb tests for the military because he's the only one that can.

Silver Age craziness begins around when Otto Binder (who wrote for Captain Marvel) was hired by DC to write for Superman. He basically pumped up Superman to Captain Marvel levels.

Captain Marvel actually did crazy Superman feats before Superman. Pic very much related. "Small stars and planets would've been mowed down!"

Is there an anime character Deathbattle can have Captain Marvel fight? I'm tired of people hating on Superman for being stronger than their favorite character. Captain Marvel needs to siphon off some of that hatred.

How strong is current blue haired Goku? Can he do anything like ?

I think he means what year did Silver Age Superman begin.

Hard to say. Ages are titles given in retrospect after all. Personally I'd say Action Comics 242 to be the start of the definite silver age superman. You got Brainiac and the Bottle City and in a year Supergirl and Bizarro.

So 1958.

which is so weird, Superdad and Doomsday were getting hit by vlasts as powerful as 1000 nukes and it didnt slow them from beating the shit out of each other.

jeebus, even his DOG is dragging around neutron stars

I'm pretty sure silver age Supergirl could also kill Goku.

I want deathbattle to do Goku vs Supergirl. Just to see if DBZ fans can be further humiliated.

No he's pretty fucking fast.

Is he faster than the Flash?

I'm really digging Hulk's little booties there.

so we have the red cheese to thank for supes power interesting

right above Goku.

Superman is infinitely strong. He lifted half of infinity. He literally has N O L I M I T S

Cross universe I think surfer wins cos of warps and shit. But if it was a race around the earth fifty times flash is fastest.
Flash from dceu would also cream the surfer cos Ezra Miller is some kinda Mexican I think. And we all know Mexicans are the surfers greatest weakness

>All Star Superman is the strongest version

1/7

2/7

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

>those were for charity, clark

Nigger, I've been reading Superman for 15 years and his strength is ALWAYS plot dependent.
Only counting strength and leaving pain and damage resistance aside, supes' strength fluctuates between struggling with a building or a ship and literally benchpressing planets.

It is completely arbitrary

Never cared for this, too much wanking and fanboyism.

>supes' strength fluctuates between struggling with a building or a ship and literally benchpressing planets
No in a single version.
>Nigger, I've been reading Superman for 15 years and his strength is ALWAYS plot dependent.
You're embarrassing yourself.

Even before he went Blue his punches were threatening to destroy the entire universe. He is even stronger now.

Implying superman fans are any better.

How the hell do you create that mass?

Strong enough...

....to move you.

He's right. Other than ASS most interpretations are inconsistent like any other character.

Saitama is continent level so far

i wouldent have to look hard to find superman changing strength between pages

Do you even into Superman?

Not mass, force

Maximum

He can destroy three universes.

>killed by a laser ring

My interpretation is that his strength is like the Flash's speed. It's potentially limitless, but most of the time it is just at relatively reasonable levels. The more they exert themselves, the more their power increases.

Your problem is thinking that comic stories are entirely dependent of powerlevels.

So, Superman gets his power from the sun. If you put him in proximity to a star smaller than our main sequence yellow one, he gets weaker. I heard that if he gets near a blue giant, he'll get even stronger than he is here on Earth, and if he goes skinny dipping in a star, he gets a temporary power boost.

So it seems to me that his strength is A) dependent on his location in the universe and B) potentially limitless.

So, a question: is there a point where its too much for his body to handle? How much solar radiation can he absorb before he starts to burn?

about as much as you get from an apokalips fire pit

He's a universe level threat and can move faster than time stop at his peak.
It's actually canon now that he lowered his power at that moment.
If he saw the shot coming toward him he probably would've tanked it

And that also leads me to another question: Why would a nuclear weapon hurt Superman? Shouldn't it have the opposite effect? Give him a little boost? After all, a star is just a big ball of hydrogen undergoing nuclear fusion and spewing out radiation as a result.

Ok smarty pants.
How do you create that much energy in a size of human palm and not create a black hole?

>bench pressing
>for 5 days

If you're able to bench something for 5 days then you need to increase the weight, friend

Silver Age Superman is the Top Tier. He's retardedly powerful.

I'm pretty sure this Superman IS ASS. ASS even flies into the Sun at the end.

Psh, Earth-16's Christopher Kent is the strongest Superman

But is he stronger than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegito

hydraulic press

that's the point user

Speed force

this is why California deserves to burn.

Because a kid wants to be Danny Phantom? Kys

Something about this statement is just so hilarious.

>Superman is so strong even his cousin and dog could beat Goku

What can he do?

Morrison likes your idea but you're wrong. Quantum isn't Lex.