Which of these is the better Adult Swim show?

Which of these is the better Adult Swim show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClBbJ7DyqL8
youtube.com/watch?v=mr4Ek08FEFs
youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM
youtube.com/watch?v=7KHCtU7UIQk
youtube.com/watch?v=mhRuVoT6Nxc
youtube.com/watch?v=ovWqVPc6VOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OMJ6Q-8jnzk
youtube.com/watch?v=_4LlA_yunVY
youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rick and Morty is not funny.

The one with actual creative talent behind it

Rick and Morty is a massive piece of shit.

Venture Brothers is. Easily.

Real character development. Good jokes. Interesting stories.

Rick and Morty is wacky fun time with arguments for 'drama'.

venture bros, its not even a contest. It manages to not be insufferable at times and, even though it takes much longer to make a season, all the seasons are GOAT
>youtube.com/watch?v=ClBbJ7DyqL8
>youtube.com/watch?v=mr4Ek08FEFs
>youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

We'll find out soon. Rick and Morty is starting to creep into Venture's production "schedule" times

venture bros easily

Although R&M has a few amazing episodes, most of them feel bland and dumb. Like filler. Plus, it tries too hard to be funny. Most of the humor is nihilistic pseudo-intellectual bullcrap. It just fell flat for me and I felt like the show could've been so much better if the writers didn't put in obnoxious writing, pretentious humor, and a boring plot. Not to mention I could give less of a fuck about nearly everyone in the show. I'm also not a huge fan of the animation style.

Venture bros, on the other hand, is possibly one of the greatest cartoons ever created period. It has amazing writing, great character development, humor that's actually funny, a unique story, a cool animation style, and most episodes aren't filler garbage that you could care less about (unlike R&M).

So case closed.

Venture Bros. ,Rick and Morty is not even fucking close

I bet you also like TDK and think TESB and the Raimi Spider-man movies are the best in their respective genres too. It's okay, just because you're anonymous doesn't mean you have to have an original thought. People can still judge you after all. Wouldn't want that. Better to choose to safe and "comfy" option.

have you ever considered that some consensus is actually truly based on merit?

ATHF

Venture Bros. is reddit as fuck

>T. Triggered Rick and Morty fanboy

It's not my fault you have no taste, fag. Go back to R*ddit and brag to your friends about how you "epically pwnd Rick and Morty haters on Sup Forums xD"

They started lampshading their own jokes too much. It was funny when Doctor Girlfriend had a deep man voice... less so when people started pointing it out and actually asking if she used to be man. Or when they started getting into the specifics of how the Guild is really just about providing super scientists with appropriate antagonists like a service. It's like they needed to start explaining their own jokes for some reason.

Thanks for the opinions we should all agree on, reddit. :^)

This too.

Just a question. How new are you?

this

Why do Xavier and Stroker&Hoop get cancelled but R&M gets to stay for 19432846239847213470382 more seasons, exactly?

By the way, does [as] do these anymore? I know the nature stills they do now are from way back when too, but I never see the black and white bumps anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=7KHCtU7UIQk

>watches reddit and memey
>accuses me of being reddit

Check yourself friend.

I like both when I'm sober, but I can't stand Rick and Morty when I'm DUDEWEEDLMAO

They're both good in their respective ways, and different people may be attracted to one more than the other depending on their preferences for plot and humor.

At least there's one kino-poster in this thread, god bless you

You seem like the type that would call people plebs for hating on the prequels.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP

The Venture Bros is the best television show currently in production. Has been for years.

Means more to me than most of my friends and family, and I'm not an antisocial NEET weirdo.

Easily the most special animated series ever, only BTAS and The Simpsons are contenders.

Venture Bros is genuinely clever, Rick and Morty is like a thirteen year old's idea of clever (when they're just being an annoying edgy faggot).

Nice reddit opinion, reddit. Reddit-approved. :^)

Fuck yeah, Venture Bros. I'm glad we can finally all agree on something. I feel so comfy with you guys. Never change Sup Forums, never change.

Rick and Morty is lauded by Reddit. You have no room to call anyone Reddit for liking a Reddit-approved show.

Venture Bros all the fucking way, fuck whatever the other show is

what are your original thoughts? you forgot those in your retarded rant

they had to grow the show somehow, having Hatred be Dr V villain for a few esp was fun, then Monarch killing his new scientist was also fun

>Tfw you have the same unthinking movie taste as a plebian but just in reverse

Rick and Morty.

The fanbase is embarrassing, but I like the show and think it is superior to Venture Bros. VB isn't bad, but R&M has self contained episodes, and can be watched many times over separately.

>getting worked this hard
Someone get this hothead outta here

Venture Brothers
youtube.com/watch?v=mhRuVoT6Nxc
youtube.com/watch?v=ovWqVPc6VOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OMJ6Q-8jnzk

The guild stuff is all one meta joke mocking Johnny Quest universe. The entire point is to try to rationally explain how the Quest universe would work which just leads to even more wackiness (I.E the guild also being a place for burnt out rock stars to stay relevant) all while showing that no, it wouldn't work and just drive people insane, which happens to several characters in the series.

This is going to sound incredibly crirngey, but I'd say it's almost like "The Watchmen" but as a comedy and a deconstruction of Johnny Quest rather than capeshit.

>idiotic posts trying to reduce VB or R+M
you don't deserve either show, both of these are fucking treasures

Xavier was heavily misunderstood and only got a second season by accumulating just enough viewers.

If you've ever been on Sup Forums or talked to anyone who had ever seen you'll soon figure out most people were too retarded to get it, thinking it was just a show to drop acid to rather than something with excellent comedy.

patrician taste

I think joke to joke Rick and Morty is funnier but Venture Bros is a better show considering it allows for subtle character developement and the use of over arching story arcs.

Though where's Dr. Orpheus?

I agree with this post, the more they've gotten into they're own nerd-lore, the more they've been given to greater inventiveness and humor with creating ridiculous characters and relationships. Seasons 3-5 are virtuoso stuff

Does r&m have its own series of dozens of comfy yet stylish t-shirts?
...no?

Well, I guess that question is answered.
Also, Hank Co. #1 shirt.

youtube.com/watch?v=_4LlA_yunVY

The Venture Bros is the best show Adult Swim ever made next to Aqua Teen and Moral Orel.
It is clever, entertaining and both serves as a parody and it's own thing.
Rick & Morty is hit or miss but I still like it, but I don't think The Venture Bros has had a bad episode, Doc and Jackson are just that fucking good.

Rick and Morty

Don't forget boondocks and Harvey birdman

Oh let's do a top five best as shows
Mine are
1 Morel Orel
2 Boondocks
3 Venture Bros
4 Harvey Birdman
5 ATHF

venture bros, rick and morty, i'm afraid to say. is simply too intelligent for imageboard communities.

Mmmm-hmmm! Good ol' reddit opinions. Safe opinions for safe spacers like us. Yessireee. Finger-lickin' good.

Venture bros is the most overrated cartoon on Sup Forums for sure

Yeah Boondocks is also kino

Most of the first two seasons of VB are self contained episodes

new season sucks desu

No

It was better than season 5 so what's the problem?

Reddit pls. Your too much Reddit

Then they shit the bed with seasonal plot arcs. Self-contained episodes are great but eventually writers get bored/run out of ideas and executives start demanding cliffhangers to keep viewers tuning in every week. See X-Files, TNG, Archer and most every other show that started with a problem/monster of the week and then started going full story arc in later seasons.

You're a big guy.

I think the seasonal plot arcs were always the plan, but my favorite season is three when it went into full gear. I get that self contained episodes are the way to go for writer freedom but since Venture Bros is just two guys I like them going for longer plot lines. hell rick and morty ended the last season with a teaser making fun of people who like over arching plots so to each our own I suppose

X-Files always had a meta story to it. They just took breaks for MotW episodes before going back to the main plot of the show.

>people call my meme show shit
>better tell them their opinions don't count!
wubba lubba dub dub, my dude

My favorite will always be episodes like Ghosts of the Sargasso and that one with the testicular torsion. I know they wanted to develop the characters but to me they kind of lost something in the process.

Like when 24 died and 21 turned into a badass. I liked when they were just two bickering nerds who always survived up until they started pointing out that they always survived. The meta shit just gets excessive at times.

According to the producers, the alien arc never really took center stage until Gillian Anderson got pregnant and they ended up having to work around that.

Norm MacDonald is a fucking champ.

>literally I'm shaking: the post

Venture Bros, but I like them both the same.

I think you have to give up tone when you make the transition to longer arcs while I'm sad we won't get something like escape from the house of mummies part two or the joy can episode, if we could get more of orb and the family the slays together stays together I think it's worth it. I hope season 7 is good cause while I like 6 I thought 4 and 5 were pretty weak

What the fuck does it matter? you'll be waiting for years between seasons with either show.
VB was released before streaming was big and consequently it's fanbase is definitely more dedicated albeit smaller yet somewhat insufferable. When it's on point though there isn't anything that can compare. Hope for two more carefully constructed seasons.
While RaM memery is in our face full force atm (t. Black dishwasher at work who keeps playing a szechuan sauce dubstep track daily) it is a decent show too and once the hype dies down like adventure time we get at least a few more brilliant episodes.

BUUUUUUUUUUURP god isn't real morty
*shits on the floor*

Next season when?

~4 years

>One tries to have an overarching plot but seasons premiere a decade apart so that people forget what was going on
>The other is unfunny to anyone with any amount of experience with sci-fi parodies and satire
Venture Bros. had a couple of good seasons to start out, so that puts it ahead of R&M, although both are bad overall.

VB easily, but Home Movies is even better

Mmmm boys gotta love dat reddit posting.

>lolsorandumbxD

youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs

I've actually come around on this. Mike Tyson's really cultivated a strange but great character.

Venture Brothers, are you fucking high or somethign?

butthurt because someone doesn't like your shitty show

Fuck you. The Monarch dressing up and murdering Dr. Venture's new rivals is great.

I like Rick and Morty a lot. Putting aside the blatant homages (like the disease theme park), they manage to come up with a lot of interesting sci fi premises.

I prefer the Venture Brothers but that's no reason to shit on Rick and Morty unnecessarily

No amount of angry posting online will change the fact that Rick and Morty is shit.

>echo chamber gets called out
>all this triggered

Venture Bros is overrated dogshit and self-referential unfunny up-its-own-ass muh in-joke plebbit garbage. Sorry to burst your collective bubbles you slutty gook whores.

This show is fucking awful, the only reason people like it is because it has comedy failure Norm in it.

reddit tier.

What does adult swim mean anyway

Oh no scud is reaaaaallllll

You have similar opinions.
This invalidates your opinion.
My "unique" opinion is the only valid one.
Cucktrarian strikes again.

>he said as he hated on Rick & Morty for its popularity while bobbing his head on Doc Hammer's junk like a good little third world oriental bitch

Holy fuck, what a buzzword salad. What are you even talking about

I like both.
Venture Bros. just has had more seasons to prove it's greatness, while Rick and Morty could easily go down in flames in Season Three.

>ctrl + f metalocalypse
>0 results
Plebs, all of you.

I'm talking about you on stage shaking your tan gook tits and brown monkey nipples in sailors' faces for five dolla, Mei Li.

It probably would've broke into my top 5 Adult Swim show if the network hadn't blueballed fans as hard as they did after Doomstar.

Venture Bros
>Good writing
>Good character development
>Actually funny
>Has never had a bad episode, "weaker" episodes are still good
It pretty much has everything that R&M doesn't

is also pretty good