Will we ever see him again Sup Forums?

Will we ever see him again Sup Forums?

Why doesn't DC use him btw? You'd think Static was the perfect character for the current ''diversity boom'' in comics. haven't read any comics, if there even is any, but his show was good, felt very real in many ways.

Probably.

Remember how he was in Young Justice and he did the awkward name drop and then the show was canceled before he ever actually did anything?

Thanks, CN.

They did you a favor. Young Justice was not a good show by any stretch.

Found the Weeaboo Titans baby.

"weeaboo titans" had less shipping than yj did.

Not him but fuck off I liked both

Wun too tree fo go teen t-EYE-TANS

>Romance in a series is bad.
I'm confused. Are you saying that it was unrealistic that a bunch of adolescent heroes just coming into themselves would have lots of romantic interrelationships? Or are you just upset because it wasn't tailored exclusively to you? Care to give some more reasons for why it's bad 'by any stretch?' Shouldn't be too hard to come up with a couple.

It was overrated and did shit by his extended cast

Season 2 was a mess and it doesn't deserve a third chance to fuck up even more

Yes, actually.
God only knows when it's going to happen, but Milestone is coming back as a DC imprint, releasing OGNs Earth One style.
Static and Icon are the ones we know are coming, and I think Xombie too.

JIMMY NO

Has there been any news on Milestone recently? I can't find anything about it since last year.

The shit writing and the tween girl demographic pandering aren't enough? The fact that most of you retards generally say "oh you have to watch season 2, thats when it gets good!" says enough.

>I reeaally like THIS ship!
>but I reeaaally hate THIS ship!

>Why doesn't DC use him btw?

Because we have Black Vulcan?

Jelly because no one wants to ship with you?

Buuurrrnnnnnn

>All my fault. My Fault, sorry sorry. All My Fault

Uh, he had a sex change.

Uh, how does this look or act anything like static shock.

lets give him the benefit of the doubt and that he used the wrong picture

I would, if Sup Forums hadn't already proved to me over and over again that they really are that retarded.

I'd be shocked if we did.
Injustice please.

>Injustice please.
Enough already. The game was trash.

DIDDY NO

I wonder what John Rozum would do if he didn't get fucked over by Scott.

probably something better than the shitty new 52 comic we got.

I feel differently. Besides, I'm referring to the new game.

No because original minority characters are always shelved, they need to ride the coat tail of a white guy in order to go anywhere.

wait was he announced for injustice 2?

do the average dc fan know who static is?

>shocked
Hueh
>It hurts, it's not like the movies!
Yes, like even casual plebs know the theme song.

Aw, shit, Static. This is one of those legit good and fun "diverse" comics, right? I really dig his design. I'm getting the trade paperback of his original series when it releases this September, might also watch the show afterwards, it's the only DCAU series I've yet to watch.

You know who she reminds me a bit of? Booster Gold. Must be the glasses.

the show is probably a lot better actually. but the comic have its enjoyable parts.

was also sad to see rick is not as close with static as they were in the show.

The only milestone comics title that I ever liked was Hardware. I have no idea what it is with me and Iron Man "homage" characters (Valiant's X-O Manowar and Malibu Ultraverse's Prototype)

What if Static is in Rebirth Teen Titans ?

Nahh. Being honest, they already have black guy on their team with Wally West -- I can't imagine they'd get another with Static.

I wish rebirth teen titans would hurry up and come out. There is another member we don't about in the team it could be static

two is just to much you see.

totally have nothing else to contribute expect their skincolor.

>You know who she reminds me a bit of? Booster Gold. Must be the glasses.
God dame, that reminds me how much I loved Booster Gold in The Brave and the Bold. Maybe I should start reading him.

I hope it him .

legit question, are you joking? you know Black Vulcan isn't a comic character, right?

If it helps he's in the mobile version of the original game

milestone has reclaimed the rights and claimed they were going to publish new material with the universe.

Carlos

Leave

Dayum

Hey, I'm not saying I agree with that. But IIRC, there was like a memo or something (with maybe DC in particular) about how editorial wouldn't allow there to be two black guys on the same team. [Now that I'm looking it up, I think it was Dwayne McDuffie talking about Justice League?, saying that he couldn't put too many black characters on the team, lest it became a "black team"]

It's a shitty rule, and it's possible it'll be ignored in 2016, given that Marvel's Ultimates team currently has Black Panther, Blue Marvel, and Monica Rambeau and isn't remotely considered a "black team". So, maybe Static *is* a possibility.

But I'm not holding out hope -- he's still tied to Milestone and that alone makes me doubt he'll be in TT.

What a hideous costume

HIS COCONUT GUN
CAN FIRE IN SPURTS
IF HE SHOOTS YA
IT'S GONNA HURT

Because they fucked up his New52 run so bad Milestone won't allow them to use the character without their approval anymore.

of course

>this

Well, I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that I enjoy Booster a lot more in the comics. In Brave and the Bold they definitely overplayed the "vain gloryhound" aspect of his depictions. But I was very satisfied with his relationship with Ted.

Not to mention his adventures are on a way, way larger scale than in that show. I can't speak for the original run, which I can't find for the life of me (Showcase volume is BEYOND discontinued), but you'll love the 2008 series fo sho.

Hahah no, Jaden wants to be a woman and wear dresses now.

Not like his pre-52 version was any better. His cartoon counterpart had the luck of having to remove all the baggage that made him kind of crap in the comics. McDuffie lucked out in that his writing is better oriented towards kids shows when he doesn't ham-hand his message that often. Except Static's gun safety episode was bad, so fucking bad. So Static is basically the opposite of Jaime in that his comic was really bad but his cartoon was well regarded until the last season, while Jaime had one of the best new teen pre-52 comics but outside of Brave and the Bold, his cartoon appearances are bad or they crap all over what made him fun. His supporting cast and his attitude to the Scarab.

Justice League Unlimited had the best Static Shock.

I fucking love older Statics design.

>tfw it's true, and he's dating Bruce Jenner's daughter

You cannot make this shit up.

I actually liked this show until it started doing the preachy episodes, like the one about Richie's racist dad, and the one about MLK Day.

There wasn't a episode about MLK day in the show

Jaden wouldn't be a bad static i think.
but i know he would fuck it up somehow

I hope he comes back and they make him white.

This guy should be static

He can be funny like Static and has dreads. He would be good as Static.

A lot of people like Static. He has great villains. You can he has a big fan base because of all the fan films, fan art and fan fics but yet there not doing any thing with Static.

He's a popular character why don't they do some thing with him ?

I wish I knew. Static is pretty cool, and if they get creative with his powers they could pull off some crazy shit. If Infamous taught me anything, it was how to respect lightning heroes more.

Now that I think about it, there's a lot of blue lightning imagery in Rebirth, isn't there?

The blue lightning is probably doctor M from watchmen

>Bruce Jenner's daughter
that's not jenners daughter

Maybe later on Static will be in rebirth

Is the cartoon better than the comics ?

I feel like the fan art for Static is slowing down

Is Static Shock still worth watching? Does it hold up?

It's worth watching. The slang is a little dated but the social issues they talk about some times still hold up. The first two seasons art style isn't that good but it gets better in season 3.

It was the same case as Teen Titans: CN was open to another season, but Warner Bros nixed it because the periphery demographic wasn't one known for buying merch. Netflix is in talks with them for a season 3 though.

He was added to the teen titans for a while right?
Is there any required reading for Static?

I wish he was with The Teen Titans more.

When did Dr Mid-Nite join the Teen Titans?

that's red robin tim drake

he had better luck than vulcan did, thats for sure

This, unfortunately. And I say it's unfortunate because no new information has come from it for a while

But Static's power is "electromagnetism" so he's basically Magneto

Also, InFamous is fantastic. Great games.

That's the most agreed upon opinion

Static is getting a action figure soon this summer. Buying it might help static by showing that people like him .

because he's a good diversity character, and we can't have that. Whats that? an ORIGINAL black character that isnt piggybacking off of an existing white character? pffft, who wants that?

Considering it was literally a saturday morning cartoon, I think it handled the issues it did without being all the preachy.

I don't want them getting any ideas that they should ever use that design again.

Static's original outfit is ugly .

Aren't those usually a limited quantity or is that just statues?

Though in that case selling quickly is probably what they'd measure rather than selling a lot so it's still good to order if that's what you want

It was suppose to come out this month but it delated to come out next month.

No, because the social justice diversity crowd don't just want minorities made more prominent: they want to take white males down a peg. They don't want original black heroes, they want white people to lose theirs because "they've been privileged long enough."

buying it helps support him even if the outfit is ugly Static don't have a lot of action figures