ITT: Specific writer cliches

ITT: Specific writer cliches.

Bendis has used the "I should have done this YEARS ago" thing at least three times by this point.

What's the sigh Morrison always uses for Batman? I'm blanking but it's like "Hrrrnng" or "Hrrrmmm" or something.

Why have all the Iron Man armors post Extremis have been so shit, bros?

"Hnn." Two Ns and a full stop. Every time.

R A P E
A
P
E

I liked the superior armor

Is garbage a cliche?

Didn't he also have Batman say "Hh" all the time? I still don't really know how to interpret that

i personally like the classic shellhead the best but they'll never bring it back. they always make it sleek, and it sacrifices personality.

>Remender
>better than everything else you're reading

How?

Oh yeah, that's his too.

I think it's just supposed to be a short exhale. Not quite a sigh, but like a short sound of annoyance. He also had Damien do "tt." which I interpret as a quiet "tsk" sound.

My nigga. Bluetooth is best suit.

>LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU!
>Just say yes.
Among others.

>Palmiotti and Conner

Just think of any fetish and apply that to the book, also drugs

It's the noise you make when scoffing.

that looks pretty cool

Speaking of Bendis cliches
>Hey, legacy character who has my name now.
>You're going to be great! Don't let the haters get to you!
>Let me jerk you off a bit before I walk off into the sunset.

Just once or twice I would like to see a superhero RESENT their legacy character.

Furmanisms.

Jesus Christ Furmanisms.

Is there anything like that in comics?

He uses "tt" a lot too, I'm assuming it's meant to represent someone clicking their tongue.

I'm fairly certain their have been one or two who have resented their legacies, since having the legacy square off against the original happens fairly often. There's some that don't quite resent them but don't like the idea of somebody risking their necks to do what they used to be able to do themselves as well.

Samus?

>"I should have done this YEARS ago"
>Not "I needed this. No. Seriously. I NEEDED this."
Do you even Bendis?

BODY AND SOUL

That fucking skit

Best Tony, nothing can fucking compare with this in the modern age of Muh Hexagons

bang... you're dead

I like that though. Like a little grunt.

Also, Damian''s . My teacher flipped her shit once when I tutted and in my experience teaching kids it's instant frustration. I love it. Suited him perfectly.

In a way short of Dick each Robin has had a bit of grief with the younger ones. Though since it's not exactly their position to have or give it's not like they can do much about it. While I'm stretching I guess I'll also point out that technically Nu52 Shazam was the successor of Black Adam and when they first encountered each other he was intent on killing him if he didn't step down.

LIKE A VAST, PREDATORY BIRD

NAAARGH!

Will Carol say it as she kills Tony?

I vaguely remember a comic where Golden and Silver age Flashs and Green Lanterns teamed up and Allen Scott was pissed at Hal for being a complete mess.

Now all Iron Man suits are gonna have fired chicken rations, grape drank dispensers and hydraulics.

Bendis also has a tendency to have characters say "I don't know who that is", with those exact words. Characters will be ignorant of who a character Bendis doesn't care about is, even if they by all logic should know about him. It has also been done with characters Bendis does care about, but when he does it that way there's more respect.

If we're stretching it that far than Superboy Prime and Kon-El/Superboy

Its a good bad-guy suit

>The talented elite are being dragged down by the lowly masses who resent m- their superiority

>Morrison
>Something from outside the universe is influencing/invading it.

Synder and father's telling stories
Rucka and strong female characters
Brubaker and noir

the focused totality of my physic power!
Nigh invulnerable when ah'm blastin!
No quarter asked....and none given

I LOVE Damian's

Spidey has poked fun at his legion of rip-offs several times

I'm pretty sure Monica is bitter as fuck about Carol getting fame and adoration for being "muh so inspiring female Captain Marvel", but I may have exaggerated that in my head.
Grumpy Monica is the best Monica.

you very much did. Monica stopped being Captain Marvel in like the 90s anyway

>Synder and father's telling stories
This is really redundant.

There was a scene of Monica hating on Carol taking the Captain Marvel name. After Monica had herself dropped the name for a couple of different aliases. When 1) Carol has much more of a legitimate claim on the name in the first place and 2) Monica wasn't using it anymore, it came across as a bit of forced conflict.

Don't think it caused them too much friction with them working on the same team.

Just realized that Carol is the Teens equivalent of the Oughts Wolverine, magically capable of being on every team book being published.

I thought that the "tt" was more of a tongue click sort of thing.

Surprised no one has mentioned Johns and SPECTRUMS. Like turning the Green Lanterns into one color in a spectrum of lanterns or making Atlantis one of 7 kingdoms. I was surprised when I thought back and remembered he wasn't responsible for the Red/Green/Rot spectrum from Swamp Thing

Or his tendency to do these kind of pages

They kind of go hand in hand. It's the whole sequence

>I should have done this years ago
>something about packing up everything and just getting away
>I needed this

Pages?

You know, the Bendis pages

where the same art is used in multiple panels and it's usually just two characters talking

Classic:
>Villain accidentally causes their own death, so the hero has no blood on their hands
>Cute/funny nonhuman sidekicks for both the hero and villain
>Princesses
>Main character wants to be something that society says they can't

Recently:
>The trustworthy side character is actually the villain
>Male and female co-leads

its fucking gayer than your girlfriends dick son

I miss Superior Tony

I think that might be the artist being lazy yo

>happens in literally every Bendis comic in existence
The artist is definitely partly to blame but let's not kid ourselves here.

I fucking hate Bendis.

WTF is this. Seems like some middle school youtube humor

I don't know man he probably says repeating panels or something and doesn't care enough to make sure the artist does different ones. I think a lot of the fault lies on the artist for being a lazy fuck who just repeats them cause he knows bendis wont call them out on it. But its not like Bendis is gonna get mad at them for drawing each panel

You hate Bendis?

Hate him

>That Nova smirk

Sam Alexander (when not in his own run) and The Vision are the best things to happen to Marvel in so many years.

>Garth Ennis- Wanting to fuck NYC and making the reader feel really sad out of nowhere

Bendis? Brian Michael Bendis?

I hate him too.

>Garth Ennis
>Insisting on making everything as edgy as possible
Ftfy

No, it's a tut.
A British thing. Implies pretentiousness, which Damien is all about.

Put your tongue at the top of your mouth right before your teeth and suck it back. It makes that sound

which is great, stop being a shit cunt and go back to /mlp/ you horsefucker

I can't tell if I love or hate Warren Ellis's new cliche of doing issue-long fight scenes with only a silver of dialogue in them. He did it well in Moon Knight, but the ones in Karnak and James Bond have been iffy.

Everyone is snarky

Ennis go home

The ones in Bond are great though

Christ, I'm usually ok with model tracers, but this just looks like shit, the artist its that fucking lazy to trace and copy panels.

I think when numerous different artists do this when working with Bendis, the artists may not be the main problem.

>Garth Ennis - suddenly self-deprecating characterization of the Irish

no

Go back to Ireland you fedora tipping leprechaun.

As an artist (admittedly a unsuccessful one), I think artists can be lazy fucks with panels if they can get away with it. So I think a lot of Bendis fault with it is settling for shit, telling them repeated panels are fine. I can't imagine him telling them not to draw each panel individually

get back on my dick you poofta

Why don't you do like your ancestors and starve.

Why don't you do like your ancestors and get on my dick you poofta?

I'm American, the only thing I can get on is a lil Bandit scooter to drive around Walmart.

Is that plot of the Geniuses? Will it be first comic book that is so fucking meta, that it's just author wanking at the idea of himself?

>I can't imagine him telling them not to draw each panel individually
Except that, as the other user said, you can find this shit in literally EVERY FUCKING SERIES that Bendy bends!

for a horsefucker, you're alright user

>Garth Ennis
>alcoholism is both hilarious and sad, but not actually anything that should be taken seriously
>gay rape
>something about how a movie from the 60s/70s is awesome
>nazis are cartoon characters and the worst people ever even if they were just soldiers and not actually guilty of anything that the western allies didn't do
>WWII stories in comics that aren't even about war
>giving unsolicited speeches in horribly inappropriate situations like the middle of a battle field
>wanker
>cunt

But like I'm saying there is difference between him being a fuck and saying "same expression repeated for a few panels" and them copy pasting cause of it. Instead of him explicitly asking for them to just copy paste. I just think at worst hes being an idiot who is telling them repeated panels are all good. I think a lot of the fault is on the artists who are being lazy cause they know bendis is going to let them

It is. In the book, artists have superpowers, and society doesn't let them use their creativity powers because they're afraid of them.

>Frank Miller
>future slang
>repeating phrases
>hardboiled detective noir-style narrations for all protagonists regardless of their career or the genre of the comic
>LOTS OF NARRATION BOXES IN GENERAL
>someone on television explaining something to the reader
>something is about to happen... suddenly cuts to someone saying something that's humorous in context given what it was implied was just about to happen
>revealing the plan to the reader through a quip right after the plan's already just happened
>police are 99% corrupt and there's always exactly 1 cop in the city that's not on the take
>having sex with ex-girlfriend always ends in disaster just like irl

Forgot one of the big ones.

>NINJAS

Also, now that I think of it:

>telling the reader what they're about to do next in the middle of a fight via narration boxes

>forgetting about women being whores

Sin City throws the average off though because it was based on noir clichés where every character is either a prostitute or a gangster. Aside from that there's what? Like Catwoman in Batman Year One? That's about it.

The Internet has murdered mainstream comics.

I like the space armor.

I couldn't read the Boys. It was too obnoxiously edgy for me, and I loved Punisher MAX.

>peoples dicks getting cut off

your probably right

when it go red tron line is the best

Simon Pegg was the only good thing about The Boys aside from "YOU PUT AN EXPLOSIVE IN HER VIBRATOR!?"

The ones that make people gay?

Invincible, in mocking this, has shown me that repeated panels would be fine, if the dialogue is witty enough.