/trek/ thread

"Riker's weight is caused by muscle, not fat" edition.

Riker wouldn't have been friends with any of us. He treated ensigns and other low ranking crewmen like insects.

This is true. You can see especially so in certain episodes. Like in Tapestry where Picard becomes one of the medical personnel and Troi and Riker shit on him.

Really all of the senior officers were arrogant assholes.

Riker gets more pussy before lunch than any of us will in our life. He has no reason to be friends with us.

Just started season 2 of TNG enjoying it okay so far. Definitely feel a jump on quality from the first season. But y'all say that TNG doesn't get good until season 3 or later? I'm probably still going to watch them all just wanted to know what episodes i really need to look out for are

Season 3 onwards is when the actors really start to fit their parts and feel more natural. The crew becomes more set and dynamics start to form. The story lines become a bit more natural and fresh. It loses that dated feel of the original series while still keeping it Star Trek.

Riker is a huge stripper hound IRL.

t. met him several times at different stripper bars in portland over quite a few years. Think he was in town most recently for librarians but i don't keep up with shit.

yet he fell in love with a hologram like a pathetic beta cuck

>it's a "sisko has a midlife crisis, grows a beard and builds a wooden ancient bajoran spaceship" episode

You say that like every single person in the world didn't automatically know that without anyone needing to tell them.

Oy vey goy! Didnt you know that the Bajorans were a warp-capable race far before the other races of the alpha quadrant!?

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

WE

>Sisko can make a 16th century Bajoran sail ship using only ancient blueprints
He's the best engineer tbqh

WUZ

>DS9 S3 E23

I love ferengi episodes

ASTRONAUTS

>Ancient space faring shit
>It's made out of fucking wood
explain this bullshit

Do they even lift?

Nobody can. Was it assembled in space? How would a wood rocket capable of exit velocity survive? Humans figured out metal alloy pretty early.

I picked this up at Goodwill. Is it any good?

To be honest I didn't notice his weight gain that much. Was it really that bad?

Sounds like someone needs a little more faith in the Prophets

S2 has some decent to top tier episodes, like Measure of a Man and Q Who, but S3 is when it starts consistently great.

Also skip Shades of Gray, it's literally a clip show

Thats not true. They even explain by saying that, that version of Picard is all talk yet does nothing to achieve his goal because he plays it safe and takes no risks.

Was Dukat's downfall his unquenchable thirst for Bajoran poon?

post more dumb ds9 garbage itt, fag

Dukat's downfall was not killing all Bajoran workers and turning Terok Nor into a shining beacon of Cardassian superiority over inferior species.

>Picard: Alright Sisko, your job is to make sure Bajor joins the Federation eventually
>[Several seasons later]
>Sisko: Well I ended the Dominion War, found out I'm half ayy lmao, I'm the chosen one, and I left my wife knocked up and abandoned my son. Also I died or sumthin and I never got around to making Bajor a federation planet

t. never watched the show

He interrupted Bajor signing the very last treaty, obviously they'd just do it again after the war

>obviously they'd just do it again after the war
Nice head canon

Sisko said in that same episode that he knew they would join the Fed

Yeah they he went to the great Celestial Temple in the sky. Why would Bajor even need the Federation anymore? Cardassia is gone and the Dominion has been pacified.

The Bajorans got conquered once and their space occupied twice in 60 years. They'd have be retarded not to join

shit you're right

There are Romulans. They even made a move and tried to entrench themselves in the neighbourhood. There's still a Borg threat and who knows what other dangers, Bajor isn't exactly a military superpower.

Also, who can guarantee Odo (remove solids!!1) and Garak (revenge!!1) wouldn't change their minds and stir some other conflict?

>Odo melds with the liquid jew for years
>hears every bad story and hard feeling towards the solids over their entire existence
Wtf I hate solids now!

The Mirror universe fundamentally needs to answer some questions. Is it really a separate universe, or is it, like the name implies, just a reflection of the Prime reality? If that's the case, do the people living there really have free will? Are they even "people" as we'd define them?

Take the original Mirror ep, the other Enterprise just happens to be over the same planet, at the same time, with the exact same landing party, and an identical crew, what are the chances? McCoy even sees a spill in the lab that he made a year ago.

uhh... tachyons

>how Barclay sees Riker

kek

Garak and Ziyal deserved better

I like how Damar gets so much love here and people completely ignore the fact that he killed the innocent girl just like that, for not being a "good daughter" for his idol Dukat and not being a patriot.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

You are allowed to delete three episodes from Star Trek.

Nobody will have any memory of these three episodes, they will have never been produced and they will cease to be canon.

Which three are they?

the last episode of TNG, DS9 and VOY

The Global warming one in TNG
The Ferengi cross-dressing

I've got some pretty safe picks.
That one episode where they go past warp 10 and turn into slimy lizards
That one where Quark is a woman
And then I can't think of a third

Sub Rosa
Janeway and Paris turn into lizards
Tranny Quark gets raped by Slug'OCola brand owner

>they don't like profit and lace

It's a good episode

Pretending to like that episode is a pleb filter user

I unironically enjoyed it

Fite me

All the mirror episodes of DS9
All the good ones in VOY.

No it's ok I don't mind people liking things I don't.

VOY ruined the Borg and DS9 made Ferengi awesome at first but ultimately ruined them too with all that Ishka's crap about equality and change and Rom becoming the Grand Nagus. Don't you think so?

Fuck off you're not allowed to like things I don't

you monster

Nothing's ruined, they can even keep the Ferengi changes, just have the women be as greedy as the men, which is what they showed in DS9

I'm not very fond of DS9's last episodes because it plays too safe.
It was kind of obvious they were going in that direction with the Ferengi because they planned on making the Ferengi, everyone's favorite race, join the federation.

>What if we just started inventing weaknesses for the borg?
>We'll call it... a Vinculum!
Granted Infinite Regress was cool but continually punching holes into the Borg is so tiresome.

I want them to go back to being wholly incomprehensible. Not villainous space zombies but with motives and purpose so different from we can truly comprehend as individuals that any seemingly hostile action is their failing to consider how they must seem to those who are so much "smaller"

Yes, the turnaround in ferengi society was too quick, but the writers inadvertently left a hole in the whole thing:

Societal values were never shown to change, the only change was from the ferengi government with top-down reforms in taxation, social security, legalising rights for women etc.

Rom would not last as grand nagus, he would be displaced in a month and their society would return to normal. Zek was senile and simply followed his dick (lobes), the writers accidentally let in some red-pill by having him be the one to spearhead women's rights and then appoint the retard as the next king.

tfw working my way through the original series for the first time.

Working my way through the 'important' season 1 episodes first, not sure if I should finish all the important episodes of the overall series first or if I should finish up the season before moving forward to the next.

Just got Errand of Mercy and then City on the Edge of Forever left in regards to important season 1 episodes, which I'm really looking forward to because apparently the latter is essential trekino.

I'm a little ahead of you on a TOS watch. I thought Errand of mercy was better than COTEF 2bqh. Kor is god tier

>Rom would not last as grand nagus, he would be displaced in a month and their society would return to normal.

Close to this, especially because Rom had basically no money when he became Nagus, no way the major Ferengi would respect him. I also like to imagine big Ferengi CEOs being like Bill Gates/Michael Jordan wrapped into one in terms of being idolised celebrities, and if they talk shit about Rom then the people will follow.

Didn't the Nagus create a council of sorts?

>The Global warming one in TNG
That one was good, it made "warp 9" mean something again.

The Ferengi government was willing to put up with a philanthropist Grand Nagus for quite a while.
I imagine if the market doesn't tank then there's be no reason to kick him out.

btfo by chad

>was willing to put up with a philanthropist Grand Nagus

Wasn't he kicked on the spot and then Brunt briefly took over?

Garak really likes disintegrating people doesn't he?

Because he crashed the market. Moogie wasn't there to save it.

The mirror universe doesn't make much sense given that the massive differences in hostility and military aggression ought to mean that more than enough divergence to cause the birth/existence of any of the characters we know to never occur.

Different episode, he was a philanthropist in the episode where Quark talks to the prophets, he goes senile in the one Brunt takes over

>fite me
>not rike me

Disappointed

Why the Section 31 had to appear only in the last season, it was such a fucking great plotline

No, that was a different ep. In this one he goes philanthropic but Quark prevents him from removing the new Rules of Acquisition, which would get him killed.

What did the reconstructed Cardassian government under Garak's design look like?

How influenced was he by federation values in the reconstruction of cardassia?

Gosh I love the Cardassians. I love the way they look and so many Cardassians are great when they're on screen.

It was much more stylish

Because Section 31 only got powerful during the war, when people high up decided they needed black ops type shit.

Why would Garak lead the new government? The people don't know him, and all his life he's preferred to work behind the scenes. His past in the Obsidian Order won't have made him many friends either.

>Garak creates a republic
>Garak reconstructs the obsidian order
>Obsidian order is institutionally seperate and does not report to the detapa council and is filled with actual patriots
>keeps the civilian government in check whilst not controlling the government
>basically iran's revolutionary guard

btw Broca the 'I believe in the founders' faggot was in the prison that Garak and co escaped from, he was such a massive cuck

He was a great character despite his very short time on screen

Wasn't he the only black cardie we see in the series?

Yea he played it well, its weird he's uncredited in the prison ep but its definently him, same make up and everything

>make your ship's wiring out of "bio-neural circuitry"
>it's vulnerable to infectious diseases

What the fuck were they thinking

Only one that was an actual character, their might have been background ones, maybe

Yeah, that was fucking stupid.
If they really wanted a new generation of computers (even though the writer never did anything with the supposedly more powerful computers) why didn't they choose positronics?

NO, WAIT, I BELIEVE IN THE DOMINION

Fucking Voyager, there was so much potential, a lonely ship stuck in unexplored space, two crews with different views. All pretty much wasted.

Question:
Did the alien species all spoke english? I know about the UT, but sometimes they speak in their own languages.

No its just a conceit, virtually every movie or TV show does that, you can assume when Klingons are alone their speaking klingonese same with all the other species

Yeah, I guess that, but did they all just learned english in the Klingon Elementary of Battle?

>klingonese
Isn't it just 'Klingon' since TNG?

Riker was a Chad and we would all be mocked behind our backs like Broccoli.

Evolved humanity my arse.

Kors guy called it klingonese in the tribble ep, both TOS and Ds9, though you could argue he was just really drunk and kinda an asshole

No they speak Klingon, they also have UTs so does your tv

TOS isn't canon

They just used the old footage, that doesn't really count.

They joined the federation by 2409, before the dominion fleet that got ayylmaoed by the prophets in season 6 finale turns up again and takes DS9.

STO is more canon than JJverse