52 week 43 spoilers

NO NO NO NO ARE YOU KIDDING ME

WHY

FUCK EVERYTHING

I was in shock too.

It never get's easier. No matter how many of us carry this pain...

I should have noticed in that week he suddenly stops looking cute and starts looking so vicious and soul-less. But I was like

>Poor, Osiris, but at least he's got Sobek

Also Giffen gloating about how much he hated him in the author notes. Fuck.

This is fucking evil.

It was inevitable. As much as I loved it all, a part of me always knew it wouldn't last.

I /think/ he comes back after Brightest Day.
He was there for a minute, I don't know if it stuck.

I think it stuck up until Flashpoint. Then it was back to the peanut gallery once Nu52 rolled in.

Yeah, I hated that part too, op.

The fact that this all has just happened to have Adam have an equally dreadful breakdown just makes it all worse. Everything goes fucking wrong.

As if what happens to Ralph and Vic in this wasn't horrible enough. The part where Vic is on his deathbed hallucinating about the 90s Question series fucking crushed my soul.

This fucking series.

Apparently Ralph was going to have a worse ending, but Dido is a big fan of him, so stepped in and had it changed to what was published.

Thank god, poor Ralph had it tough as it was.

I have no idea whats going on.

Someone fill me in?

why was Osiris the only Black Lantern who didn't turn evil?

I'm glad. I was aware there was a mandate for him to die in that series, but at least he had a really kickass ending, both showing his abilities as a detective and a hero. That's what I call to go down fighting.

We're discussing the events of this 2006 DC comics series called 52.

Black Adam basically starts his own Shazam family. It's got his new wife Isis and her brother Osiris, even a Tawny-like Crocodile man named Sobek. Everyone is happy. Then Khandaq sorta goes to shit, Osiris blames his powers, Sobek suggests "SHAZAM!"-ing them away, so he does.

Then it turns out Sobek is one of the Four Horsemen designed by Sivanna and a bunch of other super-scientists for Intergang, the ones responsible for Khandaq's current misfortunes. Sobek then snacks on Osiris.

That's the gist.

right in the feelerinos

>Black Adam gets Marvel Family equivalent
>Osiris (Captain Marvel Jr equivalent) Finds Sobek (Crocodile Man) in Dr Sivanas Lab
>They become friends
>Sobek is constantly hungry, which is played for humour
>Over time Osiris begins to suspect using his powers is poisoning the land
>Sobek suggests he un-transforms to fix it
>He does
>Op pic happens
>Sivana in another plot is building super weapons, 'The Four Horsemen
>Sobek is and always was one of them

The thing that made this so horrible for me is that they made Sobek genuinely adorable, so I completely bought into it. I did not see this coming. I expected Sobek to be the one to die and have Osiris freak out and kill more people or something, NOT THIS MESS. This just hurt so much.

They made fools of us all user.

>Also Giffen gloating about how much he hated him in the author notes. Fuck.

He is a madman sometimes.

I think I started to notice something was off with Sobek when he first started hanging with Osiris and the rest of the Black Marvel Senpai. He was literally scooby doo if he was a crocodile, complete with actual "Oh, Sobek!" moments, like there should be a laugh track in the background.

I only noticed in the conversation preceding this, which is hardly noticing at all. I just wanted Teth to be so happy.
A good man made evil by an evil time.

>He was literally scooby doo if he was a crocodile, complete with actual "Oh, Sobek!" moments, like there should be a laugh track in the background.

that's why he was good though

...I must be a monster, because I was extremelu satisfied when I read that.

Too bad Sobek -

Ah, spoilers, spoilers.

"I am a reptile. What do I care for love? My blood is cold."

Shame he was stuck in Eric "burning vagina lady" Wallace's Titans. Which contained a woman who killed men with her burning vagina.

Notice how Sobek's drawn at that point.

But that was the thing. The Black Marvel Family was dragging Black Adam away from brutal dictator more towards the Big Red Cheese. So, a Scooby Doo comedy relief character facilitated that.

"Sometimes"? He blew up the Earth solely because nobody was paying attention.

That's what I said earlier, in that issue he looks like the monster he is all of a sudden.

Just compare your pic and pic related to these.
That has to be intentional on part of the artist.

What.

I'm going to need some context, stat.

Another line that really got to me was "Look, can't you see? They're cheering us on." ;__;

Yes, that was right next to Vic's worsening condition so yep... got me as well. Even though I really regret not reading Morrison's Animal Man before reading this. I didn't even know he was in 52. I sure am going to after this.

I don't want to speak too soon cause I still have half of the last volume to read, but I'm glad Strange's group and the Irons didn't have it THAT bad. With how morbid Luthor's shenanigans were getting, I expected Natasha and her dad to get into some deep shit. Meet a soul crushing like Black Adam or Vic's.

Go away, Mr. Giffen, I'm still not talking to you.

>What.

>I'm going to need some context, stat.

It happened in the 5YL LoSH book. I think it was a pollution thing that caused it but the planet was destabilized.

52 was one hell of a ride.

He knows. genuinely threw me for a loop.

That's actually, what, twice they used the whole "Cute and likeable companion character is actually evil twist" in the same book? The absolute madmen,

So Killer Croc ate Dick?