Magnolia

After several recommendations, I decided to finally watch Magnolia. I've been watching it for what feels like forever, and I still have an entire fucking hour left. I don't know if I can make it through to the end and I'm losing interest. Is there a payoff at the end? Or is it one of those non-ending endings that leave you scratching your head? Actually, don't answer that last part. Ugh, this is a tough watch.

Kill yourself nigger.

Well, that's a constructive post. I reported you just in case, hopefully you get banned.

It's a good movie, you just have to be in the right mood to watch it. It's over 3 hrs long.

The ending is stupid as fuck. Get ready to hate yourself for wasting 3 hours of your life.

I'm not a big fan of Magnolia, but you'll definitely either love or hate Anderson's choice of an ending.

not your fucking blog, faggot

also,
>shitposting while you are supposedly watching a movie
>too dumb to pay attention to it
>too much of a mental defective to handle a long movie
>muh closure and clean resolution
holy fuck just stop and kys. movies just aren't for you, brainlet

haha seriously? i might have to abort this mission.

At least finish the movie so you can see how retarded it ends. If you had instead posted this thread before watching I could have warned you not to waste your time, but if you're this far in you might as well finish it to warn other anons how utterly ridiculous it it.

>I've been watching it for what feels like forever, and I still have an entire fucking hour left
Also my exact reaction to Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut. Long movies were a mistake.

>ITT: things film embryos say

>Long movies were a mistake.
Blocks your path

I was thinking about PTA's track record with me. I can't say that I have enjoyed a lot of his movies. You either like him or you don't. My friend is a diehard fan of his. He reminds me of Terry Gilliam.

thanks for sharing friend

>Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

I can't do it anymore man. Maybe I'll visit it somewhere down the road. Its moving slower than my grandparents fuck.

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

PTA is like Vegemite. I do not like vegemite.

I like There Will be Blood and.. actually just There Will Be Be Blood, thats kinda it.

Same my dude.

That's a nice picture there, friend! Mind if I save it?

>muh absurdism, muh daddy problems, muh bipolar women are perfect, muh connectedness

No payoff, just skip every interaction except those involving cruise and it's a good short movie.

True, but what he said was true. In the rules you're not supposed to announce that you reported someone. You just do it, not make a big fucking show of it to let everyone in the thread know that something displeased you. God, you're such a fucking drama queen. I'll bet you slam your bedroom door really hard when your stepdad yells at you for now mowing the lawn.

that's funny, I've been monitoring the amount of posters in this thread, and its weird.. you posted and the number didn't change. samefag. better luck next time.

You didn't like Inherent Vice?

if i'm being honest, no not really. another movie of his that i couldn't bring myself to finish.

Pleb. If you can't handle watching Magnolia or Inherent Vice all the way through you must have an extremely short attention span.

How can you not enjoy Boogie Nights?

nigger

You're the retard posting on Sup Forums while watching a film. Absolute pleb behaviour, no wonder you cannot even begin to appreciate it.

There Will Be Blood is arguably his slowest film though, strange that that's the only film you like by him.

I guess I have a short attention span then. Usually when I watch movies, I like it something actually happens in them.
Not a Marky Mark fan, and in BN he was even harder to understand than usual. His diction in that movie was awful. Also, way too long.
you're adorable.
There's a lot more happening in TWBB than any of his other films. Also, DDL gave a top 10 performance by an actor of all time. Plus, I really enjoy the score, its really unsettling. I love the way this movie looks.

Why do you humour the imbecile? It's irrelevant what OP does or doesn't like, because he's not able to address the films themselves, rather just spout of about his inherent emotional responses to them, essentially listing his own deficiencies.

Stuff does happen in his films though, I don't really get that argument. Shit tons happens in films like The Master and Inherent Vice, they just depict them differently to events in say, TWBB. But yea I agree, Boogie Nights is way too fuckin long - entertaining though.

why is it that most Europeans come across as dumb as fuck? I can always tell when its some third-world basement dweller from across the pond starts shitposting. thanks for bumping friend.

>how retarded it ends
The ending is one of the better parts of the entire film.

>European
Wrong. And you're the dumb fuck here who pauses a film to go ask on Sup Forums if it's worth continuing.
>thanks for bumping
Wrong again, I've saged every post.

i'm not a fan at all. PTA's early films are massively overrated.

You kinda need to be a sentimental person to like this movie. From all other perspectives, it really sucks dick

Not enough happens in either movie to make it engrossing to me. I just know that every PTA film is going to be at least a 2 1/2 hour slog, and theres not usually a ton of action. His cinematography is top-notch. Very beautiful. It just doesn't coalesce for me the same way it does for others, apparently.

I don't believe you. I've been looking at the amount of posters in this thread and you've already been busted, so I'm not going to believe anything you say. You're just some lonely guy somewhere in a 3rd-world country shitposting, probably got some mental issues and alcoholic parents or something. I feel sorry for you and therefore I'll talk to (you) because you sound like you need a friend.

how so?

I watched it for the first time two days ago. I was going to post a thread but forgot.

Film possesses the kind of writing I'd expect from an earlier Malick desu, that is in terms of its overall themes and takeaway. All I really got from it was this feeling that I had watched the human drama of all dramas; an observation of the universal madness of the human perspective. Since that's not exactly a unique idea, the hype definitely was overblown. Still had some pretty legendary performances tho

>all these PTA fans getting BTFO

Seriously though, some of you guys sound like some miserable cunts.

PTA is the most overhyped director on the planet. He had ONE just ONE good film and that film was carried entirely by an autistic actor

this. apart from Cruise's great performance (absurdly good I must say) the rest of the movie is boring and/or up its ass, and this is from someone who thinks Boogie nights, punch-drunk-love, the master and there will be blood are great movies

>flops in front of your feet

Cruise actually was pretty good.

>planet
>overhyped
>good
>autistic
Baseless buzzwords: the post.

Marky Mark isn't autistic, bitch.

what a goon

Magnolia is one of those movies that I watch and think, "Wow, this is a great movie that I don't like very much!" It's deliberate, the performances are good, and well-shot. However, the pacing is absolutely glacial. The intro is all over the place (I'm sure by design) and by the time Act 1 begins in earnest, you're about 30+ min into the movie. The successive acts are loosely defined, the abrupt character perspective changes get tedious after a while, and by the time you get to the end you're thanking God it's all over. That's a watch once, never again movie for me.

I think the pacing is what makes this movie. The score that always looms in the background combined with the editing drifts every scene into the next. It feels absolutely seamless and dreamlike the way PTA weaves these characters together.

Yes, it's long, and you're right, the intro is long too, but I felt it was very solid from then on. It's one of those few movies where if I start it, I end up watching all of it.

IN NEW YORK I MILLY ROCK
HIDE IT IN MY SOCK

Magnolia is melodramatic and sentimental, which makes it stand out from most of his other films which tend to be subdued or at least character motivations are a little more mysterious.

But I'm sure that's part of the film. "These things really do happen."

its ok user, you're just a brainlet