Avatar 2 Will Be Projected in Glasses-Free 3D

>Avatar 2 Will Be Projected in Glasses-Free 3D

>As reported by Inquisitr, following Cameron’s production company Lightstorm Entertainment extending its partnership with Christie Digital, both sides are working toward making Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 in 3D, but without the hassle of 3D glasses. This will be done by giving Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment access to Christie Digital’s new RGB laser projection system.

>This new system has been described as “pure laser” in the tech community for its ability to use 60,000 lumens to provide bright images at incredibly high frame rates. The result will be clearer pictures than ever before, which is always preferred – especially in 3D. The deeper details of how the technology works is not yet available, or is it known how widely accessible glasses-free 3D will be initially. Considering the amount of movie theaters that would have to swap out projectors to accommodate for the new system, it could be a slow roll out to start.

screenrant.com/avatar-2-sequels-glasses-free-3d/

Jim has done it again lads! James Cameron has just confirmed his spot as the king of kino! How can one man be so based? How can one man be so talented and competent? How can one man revolutionize cinema in so many ways? How can one man have such an iron will and such strong conviction and confidence? How can one man be such a treasue of great ideas and creativity? A true pioneer and genius. All hail James Cameron! Long live Jim!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1D7Pty_8S-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're going to HAVE to do something insane, because the only reason Avatar did any good was because it looked good in 3D. Now that 3D is old news, I guess using lasers is what's up next.

>it was only successful because of the thing that made it successful!

You're a god damn genius!

G l a s s e s - F r e e 3 D
l
a
s
s
e
s
-
F
r
e
e

D

Feh. You are still tricking your eyes to percieve 2d images as 3d. It also forces the focus artificially. It is not biologically that sound, not good for your eyes.

>1,269 days until Avatar 2

That doesn't sound safe for the eyes.

Will this look like the Fast and the Furious part of the Universal Studios tour?

>mfw Im checking movie times and realize that 3D is still a thing

who the fuck watches movies in 3D in 2017

yeah he's the Air Jordan of movies

Who the fuck still pays to watch movies period?

>Now that 3D is old news
Avatar is the only one to do it right. And everyone knows it.

i wouldnt if I didnt have gf

My auntie sends me a movie ticket every year for my birthday. Recently I've just started building up a collection.

3D is shite. Avatar looked like a bunch of cardboard cutouts walking around.

And just like with the first Avatar film, Cameron will crush the box office with gimmicks instead of actual filmmaking. It's sad because he's a capable filmmaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=1D7Pty_8S-w

Pepare your sphincters and bite the pillow. The sequels are coming.

Remember when sound was a gimmick? Remember when color was a gimmick? Remember when widescreen was a gimmick? Remember when special effects was a gimmick?

>he doesn't watch silent black and white movies exclusively
What are you some kind of normie casual?

Remember when everyone got bored of 3D?

How is Jim the only one in Hollywood with balls?

Based Tarposter

Yes. But that's not Cameron's fault. After all those years Avatar still delivered the best 3D experience and I loved it at the theater. Not his fault that many studios insisted on post conversion 3D for tons of movies that ended up looking like shit and soured the experience for many people. Cameron will deliver.

You loved it cos it’s a gimmick and/or because you’re stupid.

Once the gimmick loses its appeal there’s nothing lasting. Widescreen was never viewed as bad; no one was ever pining for 4:3.

does baby not know Real 3d from jump scams. boo hoo

So at my local cinema they have two prototype like screens where you can buy food and drinks and those screens show you 3D without glasses but you have to stand completely in front of them and look at it from the right angle otherwise the "3D" is overlapping, making your eyes bleed. If this is the tech they'll use on the big screen then that means you have to sit right in the middle center and everyone else is fucked.

To avoid that their tech needs to be revolutionairy and fucking expensive. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't manage to pull it off and investors pull the plug. People are going to watch it anyway and I bet my ass most cenimas would have to upgrade their projectors to show this movie and that's fucking expensive as well.

I don't think we're this far into the future and I think it's all just marketing talk to build hype.

Avatar was primarily one thing: An introduction to Pandora. It wasn't that much about the story or the characters but about the world. And it did a its job great because the world was presented wonderfully and the experience was really immersive. The 3D in Avatar wasn't the "shit flying in your face" kind of 3D but rather the kind where the screen feels more like a window than a screen. Everything had depth and that's why it worked so well. The world felt and looked real for a an alien world. It was really well developed.

Remember when Cameron convinced thousands of cinemas to switch to 3D projection because of Avatar? What makes you think he can't do that again? He won't sell it as BUY IT FOR AVATAR 2! but as BUY IT BECAUSE AVATAR 2 WILL BE SUPER SUCCESSFUL AND THAT MEANS FUTURE MOVIES WILL USE IT TOO!

He'll do it and it will be great.

No, it was Shit. It was shitty 3D that didn’t look in any way “real”. It was impressive in a “we haven’t seen 3D on this scale” way but it didn’t look in any way immersive. It looked faker than 2D.

I mean it was a Shit movie anyway, everybody knows that, but it’s worse in 3D than 2D.

Disney, Warner Bros. on suicide watch.

So it's like a 3ds? And the sweet spot lines up with each seat? I dunno about this...

>everybody knows that

kek I bet you are the kind of insecure guy who hates on Titanic because "it's for girls".

I'm cringing already Sup Forums. They are gonna lose so much money on these turds. I almost feel sorry for pedowood. How bow tha.

That actually looked fucking awesome.

Titanic certainly isn’t good, but it’s a hell of a lot less boring than Avatar.

people already going to this

This movie has these things going against it:

Designed to be a spectacle and not a film.

Will miss deadline by a wide margin.

Is Avatar sequel.

People said the same thing about Titanic. People said the same thing about Avatar.
Now they are the two biggest movies of all time.

Stupid people never learn. Cameron can't fail. Accept it.

Someone explain the “I take joy in James Cameron movies making money” mentality to me

Someone explain the “I take joy in my favorite sports team winning” mentality to me

Why would anybody think like that though. Do you have people who cheer on Coca Cola?

I don't know how much contact you've had with humans in your lifetime but people are happy when things they like or enjoy are successful.

>"hassle of 3D glasses"
you gotta be a real pussy if glasses trigger you

>60,000 lumen lasers
inb4eyecancer

>tfw all these delays were probably due to the 3d gimmick

your lack of faith in king cam disturbs me

The glasses are fucking annoying dude.

>james cameron is changing kinotech one movie at a time.

I just feel that his movies don't need to rely on a gimmick.

Based JC.
The cinema god is back.

Exactly. They don't need it. But we get to have them anyway!

Rural and suburban retards.

Avatar 5? Are you fucking serious? At the rate they're going, I'll be 50 by the team they release that one holy shit.

If Doug Trumbull pulls off his dynamic frame rate thing it'll be fucking amazing.

N E Y T I R I I N 3D

It must be very hard for anyone to please you.

None of those things were ever really considered gimmicks, except by a few really conservative filmmakers.
At any rate, are the first sound or color movies remembered by their quality, or only because they were the first ones to do that? Avatar has already been pretty much forgotten, which is weird for a movie that was so popular back then. Pretty much every single Cameron movie except Piranha 2 is more remembered.

>pure laser

Just beam my shit up fampai

ABATAP

>60,000 lumens

Is that a lot? How much does a regular cinema projector have?

Around half of that.

Consumer projectors put out about 1000-3000.

That's plain ridiculous.

If I had known back in 2009 that it would be 2020 before the sequel came out I would have burnt Cameron in effigy.

sounds great

they better do something good if they expect $20 plus tip to see a flick

people who want 24fps forever are retarded

It's a big investment user. They are basically on par or above the total operating costs of major retail stores right now. They're going to throw billions at this franchise and are hoping to get 10's of billions in return.

I just think we could have had another by now if he would focus on one at a time instead of one major production.

No concurrently filmed franchises have ever been good anyway, except maybe LotR.

Why aren't you happy he takes his time to flesh out the world and story and characters? If you want to be spammed to death by garbage sci-fi blockbusters may I suggest Marvel and Star Wars?

they seriously need to step up their waifu-game if they want the real money, Neytiri statuettes, Neytiri daikamuras (full size of course), na'vi dating simulator (they'll have to introduce more waifu-material in the sequels, maybe sell later added characters as DLC?)
I would absolutely buy all of that

His health-conscious, plant-based diet helps him to maintain a lean physique, which reduces the aromatization of testosterone by adipose tissue. Other filmmakers get fat, lose their edge.

this will be a steaming pile of garbage in terms of plot, acting, and everything not related to visuals

but it will lead to interesting Disney animation and more 3D kino from Goddard so I can't complain that much

Why are you talking about this as if the guy behind it were George Lucas or Zack Snyder or Christopher Nolan? It's James fucking Cameron. Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens, The Abyss, True Lies, Titanic. Avatar will be the biggest sci-fi saga of all time once all the sequels have been released. It will put the shit stain that is Star Wars in the shade where it belongs.

I just want to see Jim's Battle Angel Alita
>mfw Robert Rodriguez

3D laser? Really? I hoped it would be VR experience. Lame.

The real question is, is James Cameron a furry?

Why else would he suddenly want to make 5 sequels about his Zaush-tier loincloth wearing blue alien cat OCs?

it's impossible to watch certain movies without 3D in my city, if a movie comes with 3D you'll be forced to watch it like that unless it becomes popular enough

>biggest sci-fi saga of all time
Nothing about Avatar was sci-fi. It was a romance driven action movie with fantasy elements.

>in the future
>spaceships and space travel
>advanced tech such as mind transfer
>mechs

But sure, whatever you say cuck

>furry
>na'vi are far less hairy than the average human
>but they have elf ears so they must be furry
I don't know how this makes sense

But none of that has any influence on the plot. Avatar might as well play in the african jungle. And instead of transfering his mind, he just bikes down there in blackface

What the fuck are you talking about? They are on a different planet and needed a spaceship to get there. Your "arguments" could be said for any sci-fi movie by simplifying them like a fucking moron. The Enterprise might as well be a giant bird with laser shooting eyes that carries people around. Wow what a smart point to make.

Fuck off.

I am not oversimplifying. None of the sci-fi elements are needed in Avatar. The plot would still be the exact same if it played in Africa and instead of blue guys you have a black tribe. He will still fall in love with her, the humans will attack, he will take the african's side. This is the meat and the bones of the movie and it has nothing to do with sci fi. The reason the sci-fi elements were added was to make room for 3D effects.

T R O N
F U C K I N G
L E G A C Y

What about huge Orson Welles?

>None of the sci-fi elements are needed

You can tell any story without sci-fi but it's the filmmakers choice to use a certain theme or setting. What is wrong with you? Give me any movie you deem a proper sci-fi movie and I'll give it the retard treatment you gave Avatar.

Avatar was shit and is boring as fuck and the next movie will flop hard because it wasn't envisioned as a quintrilogy and will do about as well as the Independence DAy sequel did comparatively in money terms, waste of time, the ship has sailed

>you can tell any story without sci- fi
Not when the sci-fi is making a difference in the plot, instead of being a theme or setting in which the plot plays. An easy example is 2001. The relation between men and sentient machine is central to the plot. You can't change HAL into something that exists today without changing the complete movie, its plot, motives, and meaning.

And because you seem quite upset about my statement, I am not saying Avatar is a bad movie, but it is just not a sci-fi movie.

Why not just jump on the 360° train instead? It's much more immersive than 3D.

You can change HAL into a spirit or some other fantastical being. You called Avatar a fantasy and you can do that with any sci-fi story. You can take any sci-fi movie and easily shift it over into fantasy territory by changing a couple things around. Maybe they weren't in space but in another dimension and HAL was a spirit being they created instead of an AI.
I don't care whether you like Avatar or not. Your claim about it not being sci-fi is false and asinine.

>he doesn't eat weed brownies with his date before going to IMAX to watch avatar

There is only one logical next step.

>you can change HAL into a spirit
But you definitely can't. HAL needs to be an advanced AI because that is what the movie is concerned with. Men's relation with the sentient machines he is going to create.

>Men's relation with the sentient machines he is going to create.
If you change it to "Men's relation with the sentient spirits he is going to create" you can tell the exact same story, but now in the realm of fantasy instead of sci-fi. All you gotta do is reach but you already know all about it.

Wow that was sick

you smell like a redditard, they can never admit when they're wrong. it's an anonymous forum, just walk away from the keyboard dude.

Just imagine what he could have done as a hungry man.

>Jim actually builds a starship for Avatar 10
>human interstellar travel will just be a means for James Cameron to film his movie

Urgh, that photo is disgustingly white

Avatar 2 will be released in MagicEye vision. You just have to cross your eyes just right when you look at the screen.

How the fuck is this better than every VR shit game company right now? How is cameron so based

J I M
I
M

$ 5 B
B

>Glasses-Free 3D

So cinemas have to invest in new tech yet again?

They're going to tank.