Why do telepaths not care about boundaries?

Why do telepaths not care about boundaries?

It's mostly just Mutants.

Because who's gonna stop them?

It's mostly just anyone who has Jean's genes in them.

Because writers.

I think that is the whole thing about telepaths: looking at other people's minds, even without permission.

Mind Reading is hard to detect, easy for them to do, and really useful for them.

If it was something commonplace, we'd have as many social/legal/technological ways of discouraging it as we do spying on people normally.

I remember them meeting before OMD, where they knew who he was, and she was a lot friendlier to him then. Maybe it's just a matter of a masked man who nobody knows being alone with their kids that makes Rachel upset.

Why do you care about people reading your mind, huh? You got something to hide you mutatephobic shitlord? Are you going to be the next Stryker or something???

Same reason you rudely stare at other people instead of staring at the ground when you go outside.

No but if every time I see you I think about the time I kissed your mother, full on the lips in front of your father, that's not something I want YOU to know. It's just common courtesy.

>implying I don't stare at the ground
I truly fear eye contact with strangers.

I'm a mutant. If I catch you reading my mind, it's still not gonna be pretty.
>it's rude not to stare at the ground when you're outside
What. You do realize glancing at your surroundings, including other people, is different from staring, right?

>making excuses for muties

Look me in the eyes and say that shit

Telepaths like this are why Martian Manhunter is angry half the time.

Why is John letting all this happen?

Speaking against the team leader in front of everyone and during the fading heat of a recently resolved matter would probably be detrimental to team synergy.

Why doesn't he force everyone's mind into team synergy.

He strongly suspects, but doesn't know for sure until Arthur tries it again.

Because he's not a fucking mutie. He knows that's a massive dick move.

Because there's no council of Telepaths to stop people from breaking and entering.

Based J'onn.
Dayum shame he isn't getting more exposure with the DCEU. I think he'd make a perfect substitute in JL during Superman's absence.

I guess I'm a mutie then.

Imra cares about your boundaries, user

>tfw you have the best defense against telepaths thanks to years of jerking off to increasingly weird smut

>smut
>not a series of incomprehensible memeplexes

Writers

Also if they're your enemies than who cares. In the case of mutants they've been seeing everybody as enemies due to discrimination and etc etc
Thats my headcanon

Why they do it to loved ones?
Writers

>not a little from column A, a little from column B
Let's see little miss Grey's face when she tries to go poking around in my head without permission and she finds Poo Poo Pee Pee.

What you need is specialized sexual defenses. Jean and Rachel could probably be dealt with by imagining the most /d/ shit possible being done to them both. At the very least, they'd probably react enough you'd know they're in there.
Emma, though? Her time at the Hellfire Club means she's probably super jaded to things like that.

But, just like it is normally, it would be okay for the government to do it.

>jerking off to a series of incomprehensible memeplexes
I bet that would make a telepath even more eager to read your mind just to see how the fuck it works.

Soooo. What? You imagine something happy and nice for Emma?

>hes protecting his mind from me so I cant read his thoughts
>hes obviously up to no good!

Its like gun control.

You know, as much of a fun series that was (even if it has now left us stuck with Glob Herman), the main thing I hated was how overly antagonistic the X-Men sans Iceman were to Peter for no reason, especially when Spider-Man is an old friend of theirs.

No, just herself as a teenager. Mousy brown hair, average intelligence, flat chest, optimistic and sweet-natured. Being confronted with her former self that she has tried so hard to bury would drive her quite mad.

>In the case of mutants they've been seeing everybody as enemies due to discrimination and etc etc
#mutantlivesmatter

Man, if I could read minds, I'd do it to everyone I could too. It'd be like living in a different world.

If someone was suddenly immune to your powers, you'd also be curious as to why.

See, I didn't mind it AS MUCH because the series was clearly a comedy, and they played up their antagonism for laughs. Iceman was a bit weird, but whatever.

>lol, plastic cowtits, 2/10 would not fuck
Watch as she falls to her knees, crying

What's weird is only this time she's so heavily interested in reading his mind, but when Spock was in control during the Avenging series, somehow saying it would be bad for their image was godawful. Character inconsistency abounds when you have multiple writers having to write around each other's plots.

>Iceman was a bit weird, but whatever.
He clearly wanted to fuck him.

Wouldn't work. Rachel tried a similar thing once.

Fuck off Jean.

>daily reminder that Aqualad was just doing his job when he got raped by one

>Mousy brown hair, average intelligence, flat chest, optimistic and sweet-natured.
>Being confronted with her former self that she has tried so hard to bury would drive her quite mad.
I don't even know shit about Emma Frost and I am already going mad trying to picture her like this.

I can only imagine it's a good thing O5 Jean has never met Spidey and Modern Iceman. She'd probably try to make them gay for eachother.

>implying she doesn't ship Spidey and the Human Torch

She's met Firestar, right? She probably ships them because lolfire.

>attack type:psychic

>flip a coin

>if heads, deal 50 damage to self
>if tails deal 50 damage to enemy

Also: if you have a superpower you should be able to use it.

Its real hard NOT to be a dick telepath.

Firestar lusted after Scarlet Spider dick though. Then her existential crisis of being sterile lead to some retarded ass drama.

God, everyone in Rachel's conjured vision has been ruined since then.

Except for maybe Cannonball, if that's who popped collar there is. I forget that costume's owner.

>Mousy brown hair, average intelligence, flat chest, optimistic and sweet-natured.
I don't think I could think of that without imagining doing something lewd to her.
Of the loving vanilla variety, of course.

Oh no, what did they do to Kurt?

Killed him, replaced him with AoA Kurt, brought back the real one and had him grow out metal head hair.

Not quite Bishop's "The Worst Villain in Human History" I know. But it's still a big ass dump on him.

You didn't even mention how stupidly the real one was brought back

No, it's all female telepaths. Jean, Rachael, Emma, the Cuckoos, all of them.

Hey, at least he got to take over a pirate ship.

Xavier if he wasn't dead. He (retcons mostly) did some shitty things, but all the telepaths fucking shit up didn't happen with him around.

Beartato, Beartato

This. Pre Nu52 J'onn was the most moral and responsible telepath in fiction. God damn, I miss those days.

What

Scott and Emma a best

Not while the 5th amendment is still a thing. The EU would probably say no to it and I can't see the UK legalising it quickly at the moment.

Yeah because everyone knows what happened to the Shadow King.

That is some goddamn naivete.

They gave him a stupid story where he literally just teleported out of heaven to come back from the dead. Also he's missing his soul which one might recognize as extremely important to a practicing christian.
Kurt is so nice that it hasn't changed him much but that's still something that everyone should be far more concerned about.

>teleported out of heaven to come back from the dead.
What?
>Also he's missing his soul
What.
But if you teleported out of heaven as a soul then you should be--I mean the fact the Celestial X-Gene power even worked in heaven is--doesn't this imply he could bring other people back by--Oh for fuck's sake.

I think he means the old saying:
>You say "Beartato" I say "Beartato."

I told you it was retarded.

He had to use his soul to bind/trap the one we all refuse to believe is his father.

This is why people hate muties. Not because they have powers-whens the last time someone gave Martian Manhunter shit-but because they're dicks that need someone to slap their smug face and tell them no.

/d/ is pretty vanilla though.

I want there to be a series of J'onn riding herd on Earth's telepath population. He makes sure they're doing okay and not dicking with people and helps them control their powers and learn to use them responsibly.

Imagine Akira, but suddenly J'onn.

>Imagine Akira, but suddenly J'onn.
Now that you mention it a visual spectacle of J'onn's shapeshifting powers and mindfuckery are sorely lacking. Maybe it would seem like a retread of Tetsuo but I honestly don't give a damn, the time is now to rid the superhero wave as hard as possible. DC should be pushing every last possible property as hard as possible in every way possible. A Martian Manhunter OVA like you describe would be genius.

>The EU would probably say no to it
I would think that EU would be very much inclined to abuse mind probing for their own ends.

>Tetsuo is what puberty is like for Martians
>Lonely troubled psychic kid angrily lashes out at the world Carrie/Chronicle/Akira style
>"NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME! NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND ME!"
>J'onn understands
>Their fight takes place in the mindscape and in reality as they both go full body-horror blob.
>J'onn is the father figure the psychic kid never had

> It ends with him hugging the kid as he/she cries

I honestly think that telepaths are the responsible for mutant rights being in the shitter.

I mean sure, guy that shoots lasers from his eyes is pretty terrifying as well, but being shot by your neighbour's gun will make you equally dead.
Muties that go feral, yea, that's pretty terrifying as well, but again, it's not that different from a mentally deranged human deciding to commit ritual morders or drive a truck through a classroom.
Sure, some mutants are powerful enough that they require military intervention, but it's not that much different from terrorists.

Psychics on the other hand are a threat to an individual on a whole other level.
They know all your secrets, they can kill you with a thought, they can take control over your body, they can torture you without even being in the same room.
Worst thing is that they're impossible for regular police to apprehend.

>teleported out of heaven
Ignoring absolutely everything that's wrong and terrible with this...
It does make a very slight amount of sense. Doesn't he basically travel through hell every time he teleports, or was that just for x-men evo?

>Jean's genes

It's a hellish dimension and qualifies Azrael as a hell lord (there are multiple hell dimensions) but it's not an actual afterlife hell.

The Fantastic Four teleported into heaven by changing the settings on Doom's time machine to go the opposite direction as it was set towards Mephisto's hell. God found it fairly clever but immediately banned that from ever working again.
TLDR No and even if it would work it was banned from working directly by God(Jack Kirby).

What the fuck is wrong with her arm and face!?

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS

One day she's gonna be Hokage.

NOT EVEN BENDIS CAN BREAK THEM UP PERMANENTLY. SOMEDAY THE BEST SHIP WILL SAIL AGAIN.

Can we all agree on who the best telepath is though? (its emma you faggots)

Has Emma even showed up in anything recently?

She disappeared with Scott. Shes either dead or in hiding. Hopefully the latter with Scott. Iguess we only have to wait for Death of X.

In what universe?
Karma, Rachel,Legion, Franklin, and Dr Strange are all superior.

Whatever happened to Rachel anyway?

And Hope for that matter.

Wait Emma's secretly a fatass?

Emma's just a bitch and doesn't care. most of the others are wirtten by either lazy writers (mind read, it's the fastest way to expedite this set up) or people with illogical morality (Bendis)

telepathy is literally a lazy mode sidestep solution to most problems.

Secretly insecure about herself/appearance. the old pretty popular girl has issues/thinks she's ugly etc tropes.

Emma's also canonically had plastic surgery, so appearance anxiety is there.

We can only pray that she died a horrific death from mutie pox.
The other problem is that everything that held telepaths in check is ignored by modern writers.
Years of training against telepathic attack and defenses setup by Professor X are now useless.
Characters with complete immunity or resistant to telepaths get mindfucked at the drop of a hat.
Technological jamming no longer works as apparently psychics can now hack past scrambling signals.
That's not even getting into stuff like Wolverine being programmed by Rachel to automatically hunt down and kill anyone that messes with his brain one month and then Jean05 turning his brain off without immediately getting a snik the next.

>That's not even getting into stuff like Wolverine being programmed by Rachel to automatically hunt down and kill anyone that messes with his brain one month and then Jean05 turning his brain off without immediately getting a snik the next.
What the shit.

It's Bendis. We all know he ignores continuity.

You know, if there actually is an active effort to damage/destroy the X-men property (like some have speculated), by killing off all the leadership characters, they have effectivrly ruined the entire franchise.

so.. how IS Spiderman protecting his brain here?

> liberty is more important than security

Emma was not a popular girl, she was quite the outcast as a girl.