TFW fell for the "Become a Lawyer" meme

My life is fucking hell. Law school is bullshit. Law is bullshit. Why didn't I listen to you STEMfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth
youtube.com/watch?v=mMBhHFCcUyc
denverpost.com/2012/01/25/safety-concerns-fixes-extend-to-15-neenan-schools-in-colorado/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why didn't I listen to you STEMfags?
Idiocy.

Suck it up. Just study, pass the bar and have a successful career.

Drop it for something else OP, im a lawyer and i hate my live.
Im really thinking about dropping everything i studied for in the past years and making a vocational training instead

What does being a Lawyer actually involve? Do you just ensure due process is done by the law?

Protip, everything is bullshit, your choice only determines flavor and whether or not it's a suppository, now ask me whether the cherry or grape suppository is better and how I would know.

don't like it start being militia, militia of one, join or form, doesn't matter; don't like our cage, get ready to fight to get out

really?
damn. I'm a Chef and I always thought being a lawyer would be pretty great.

well, just look at it as a skill. and every skill you acquire doubles your chance of being successful. Just keep growing user. We love you.

Thank you for reading my book user!

Get into politics. That's what I did after passing the bar. Start with advising for municipal candidates and make a name for yourself

Every day I fucking memorize more of this bullshit. I have practically no free time with the studying I have to do. I was writing a book, that's not happening anymore. My mind has practically rewired itself to think of legality and sueing possibilities everywhere

I wanna die

THE PAIN!!!

>My mind has practically rewired itself to think of legality and sueing possibilities everywhere

This explains a lot.

Now read the constitution and pay special attention to the bill of rights, congressional duties, and article vi.

Tell me we haven't been in gross violation for generations.

STEM is also a meme
spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth

Going to go to nursing school and pray that's not a meme too

Then quit and start anew. Better to throw away a few years in school than spend an entire lifetime in a career you despise.

The pain...

Literally everything is a meme.

The only way to be successful in life is to have connections. Don't bother studying because your grades don't mean a damn thing beyond passing. Start networking.

This. If you don't wear a coat start riding the tails. I wished I'd learned how, now I can only ride horses.

This. Nepotism always surpasses merit.

kek

it's not wrong though

I feel you OP.
>be polisci major
>graduate with 3.8 GPA
>try to get part time job at law firm filing papers and shit
>repeatedly rejected because my 5 page reflections or my references weren't good enough
>eventually get hired by a tech company doing data entry for almost twice what the law firms were offering

Law is fucked.

summon your inner autistic jew.

Won't lawyers be in high demand when TPP goes into full swing and everyone is sued for copyright infringement?

>>be polisci major

I'm studying law school to become a policeman, being a lawyer must really suck m8.

TFW. I'm part of a large project of over a hundred data scientists and developers which is creating a machine learning/AI system to remove lawyers.
Lol

remember if you become a lawyer you can fail all your black clients and save the white race

Similar situation here, except I'm actually working at a law firm. I'm a Robert Half temp making $15 an hour and I'm on month 6 of an assignment they told me would go permanent after 2 months

I'm an HVAC, I have a friend that is almost finished with law school and he says the same stuff as you. are you him?

>Played Ace Attorney when I was young
>Thought being a lawyer would be so fun
>Eventually grow up and realize that being a lawyer is boring

Growing up sucks

Wow bro why are you letting them make you there bitch?

22y in the same situation. Just have a masters in law, fucking hate law, I am completely incompetent at it, and will never have a job because of my crippling anxiety. I'm stressed all the time, want to cry and die. Wished I had gone into STEM, but now I can't since I don't have the requirements for most programs, and my GPA is now a shit 3.0 since my university gave our grades based on the average and they always decided the average was a C+.

My life is screwed, my best days are over and I'm just lost.

I took me awhile to get a job. Robert Half also ignored my emails until I sent them one last week telling them to either get me this job permanently or give me something else. They're going to negotiate with my boss next week and contact me again.

Most degrees where you make a shit load of money right out of college are usually time consuming and difficult, hence why so few people pursue them. Unless you have passion or can never settle for less than 100k per year, I'd recommend not doing it.

Law is difficult, Medicine is difficult, any STEM, but they are useful skills and very niche, hence why so much effort is involved. The light at the end of the tunnel is that fat check though

>My mind has practically rewired itself to think of legality and sueing possibilities everywhere
Take breaks lad, go hiking, go kayaking, because once you get obsessive it can deteriorate your mind

I don't regret falling for this meme. My life won't be as easy but AT LAST I TRULY SEE

well that explains a lot about America's legal system

follow dem ambulances bro

>Choose to be medfag
>At first unsure because I'm not really good with people, but keep telling myself that at worst I can become a radiologist and make mad dosh with little interaction
>Eventually start going to hospitals
>Actually much better than expected, helping people is kinda nice

There's still the shitty 48 hour straight turns, but eh...

STEM sucks too

Or be like me and start your business at 23. It's still stressful as fuck some days but at least I can walk away from it and go on a vacation pretty much whenever I feel like it.

STEM jobs are shit. get into business and climb the ladder

Plus, don't know how it is in stringbeanistan, but in America nurses are about 30% fat old women, 30% meth heads, and 30% smoking hot, slutty 22 year old fucktoys. Makes for pretty good odds since most of them have already fucked a doctor in the past and/or hate them.

>helping people is kinda nice

meh, it helps you sleep at night anyway. If I had to choose again though I'd do some computer bullshit, maybe be an autismcraft streamer and get a house in Beverly Hills.

I'm in the same boat lad, what's your business? I barely have enough time to make ends meet let alone go on vacation

I assure you, a huge portion of STEM sucks too.

Do not do biology. It's garbage.

I'm not even talking about "I collect deer shit to measure...," Even the molecular kind is garbage.

How do lawyers not become redpilled? Unless they are jews themselves

Don't worry, OP, you'll have a harem of variously magical teenage girls following you around in no time. Just stick with it.

Take a break my man, I know how you feel. Just get yourself out to a national park and go hiking or something like that. I swear your brain will feel like it's being reset.

When I was studying CompSci I could feel my mind rewiring itself. I would abstract real world problems and break them down into an algorithm. Abstraction is the key to tackling anything complex, very helpful in life. I think all Business Administration and Public Administration majors would be very well served by studying CompSci intensely, it would make them incredibly effective and their jobs so much easier.

Walking around seeing the world as a possibility of litigation sounds like hell.

What I can't figure out is how to find a great lawyer? Every time its some lazy incompetent piece of shit who can't get basic shit right and doesn't seem to want to accomplish anything. Help me Sup Forums

Every job sucks. There's no way out of this hell.

Their*

Microbiology is hell. Krebs cycle still gives me vietnam flashbacks, it's amazing too because it is literally the process of cellular life, our life, and yet they find a way to endless break it down into all its parts for rote memorization and making something infinitely facsinating infinitely boring

I know that feel bro
did your parents pressure you into it too

Yep, we'z third world now.

Imagine how much easier and guaranteed getting your business going if you already had your first contract promised through family, country club, or synagogue connections -- before you even incorporated. That's how most small businesses are successful.

Sadly they're overwhelmingly average both in the public and private sector.

I just feared that my generally dry attitude would bother the patients, but the interactions have been pretty pleasant overall, even with the old folks in varying stages of dementia.

Psyquiatric patients are a whole different story though, so at least I know where I'm not going.

Structural Steel Erection.

I'm a 4th generation ironworker.

Great Granddad, great uncle, granddad, dad, dads cousin, uncle, me, my bro and my cuz.(Bro and cuz are not with us any more sadly, they got killed in a car wreck 5 years ago)

I did this. Now I'm 30, started having problems with booze around 27 and my business went down the drain due to substance problems and a biz partner that turned out to be a fuckhole. I've got at least $50k in uncollectable money that's owed to me by various jackasses.

Be really careful about the "start your own business" thing, all it did for me was make me depressed because doing it properly requires 2x more time than there is in an actual day. It's nearly impossible to date too, haven't gotten laid since 2012. If you start to get down or the workload is killing you, do yourself a favor take a break for a few months. Don't wind up a burned out alcoholic like me.

>Dry attitude
Most doctors tend to be robots like you because you have to be a robot to get a medical degree

I've been in business for 10 years now. And it is going great.

Here's another good read.

>The light at the end of the tunnel is that fat check though
that's not even true for Law anymore
Law is just torture now

Go learn a craft and earn money to study in a STEM field.

We were a pretty high end engineering firm. Super high stress because if it doesn't come out right the first time, you're fucked. In retrospect the whole thing was a terrible idea when you look at the risk/reward tradeoff combined with the need to work 60+ hour weeks to really do it right.

>Steel Erection

I've worked around a lot of ironworkers. I've seen some of the union guys do amazing feats man, stuff I would've thought impossible. The nonunion guys are always getting injured, falling, crushed by beams.

>mfw I do computer science stuff at work and at home, all day, every day, since I had my first computer

You should have chosen something you love. Having a career is not an easy thing bro, you could always decide to clean gardens or stack shelves instead, you'll have more free time.

You should use your knowledge to achieve something in your free time, using your law skills.

I'm always working on new apps, just for my own use.

Yeah, I wouldn't own my own engineering firm. I've see a in house engineer sink a GC(look up Neenan construction in Ft. Collins, CO) I was on a job that their engineer fucked up big time. We had over 80k in back charges for the structural fixes. And there were about 100 schools Neenan had to go back and fix.

most successful people are either extroverted rebels (the minority) or emotionless autists

Story/source of that webm? what the fuck

I most likely shouldn't post this here but here is a time lapse of a tiny job we did...

this
the 'do what you love' meme is the one with the least amount of pain involved
I wish I'd known that earlier though

This is a small job we did...

Double posted it, sorry.

There is something so deep down satisfying about construction for males. Building things, making the world better, its part of our fiber. Even just watching it happen is enjoyable.

On a big remodel job I witnessed stairs being rigged and brought into a concrete stairwell, through a door. There was almost no clearance, and how they would rig it and twist it was like a damn magic trick. Zero problems. Couple of elderly union guys oversaw it, they were true masters of their craft.

women drivers?

looks pretty fun. big boy lincoln logs.

denverpost.com/2012/01/25/safety-concerns-fixes-extend-to-15-neenan-schools-in-colorado/

Here is an article about it. We were working on MEC/MESA

The worst thing about law are all the soulless careerists you get to see in the lectures
You can literally see that they are dead inside, all that matters to them is success

And those are kinds of people who will lead the country one day. Literally makes me think

Sounds like you picked the wrong gig m8

I was in your shoes except opposite. I fell for the STEM meme and wanted to fucking kill myself. Now I'm pre-law & love this shit

>and have a successful career.

OP didn't say they were Jewish

This is great advice, use the law skills as an asset to do something else. Lots of lawyers don't do lawyer shit.

>The review said the buildings should not be occupied if it snows more than 12 inches. Snow will be removed from the roof until the repairs, scheduled to be complete by the weekend of Feb. 20, Hughes said.

>in colorado

wow they fucked up good

>remove lawyers

You'd be better off trying to remove Judges

Wow

>helping pedophiles, murderers, rapists, thieves and crooks evade prison for a living
I can't imagine a trade more destructive to one's soul and morality.

lawyers in greece is free money , they all kiss the ring , do shady deals under the table and screw their own clients ,good luck suing a lawyer for malpractice

Finish up law school and then join the military. Pray for a war.

I'd rather put them away.
t. Law student, wannabe prosecutor

You sound like me, except the other way around. I'm studying law and want to kill myself. Wish I had studied STEM, and don't know how to now since I lack some prerequisites and don't have a good enough GPA (3.0).

... so basically no different from the US, although to be fair, there's a broad spectrum of lawyers here. The low end ones are mostly slimeballs.

This is pretty good advice. The lawyers I know that enjoy their jobs all work for corporations, now law firms. Firm life is probably even more of a burnout career move than engineering consulting.

> #
>most successful people are either extroverted rebels (the minority) or emotionless autists

How can you be successful as an extroverted rebel?

How difficult is it to become a prosecutor?

by not giving a fuck and following your dreams/ never giving up and being really charismatic

is the fish ok?

Electrical engineering > mechanical engineering > civil engineering

I am a lawyer. You just suck at what you do.

Sounds straight forward enough. I'll give it a shot

>Firm life is probably even more of a burnout career move than engineering consulting.
that's true. You have to work 80+ hours a week and the intrigues and infighting are oriental harem tier

sure you get a 100k bucks a year for it but when you think about how your brother makes almost twice as much by living the /comfy/ rural doctor life I could literally eat my hat

i would hope with the increasing amount of lawyers in the states they would be more competitive against one another . , also how long does an eviction case take in the us ? took me 2 years to get some fuckers who didnt pay rent all this time they where living rent free

Man you sound like me, although I fell for the STEM shit. Now I'm reading over this shite computing stuff. Wish I had went into law.