Why no one on Sup Forums discusses this literal 10/10 show?

why no one on Sup Forums discusses this literal 10/10 show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-3clyE-Sc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I AM UTREB EF BATTENBERG

i love this show but it certianly aint no 10/10

>10/10
5/10 at most. Characters are mainly one dimensional and lots of stupid shit each episode.

I love it way more than GoT so for me its a good 8/10

Season 2 was a little weaker but overall the story was good. Unironically I would consider it medevil kino

>for me
>he doesn't rate objectively
>reasoning is "its better than trash"

what show

read the books instead desu

What's there to discuss? It's 10/10 when compared to present GoT, all of Vikings, etc.

"Death Is coming!" was kino and More exciting than the whole battle of the manlet bastards desu.

I just wish there wasn't so much wait between seasons.

Loved the books and they've done a slightly better job than I expected when it comes to adapting it for tv. Would say 8/10 for modern tv standards, it is enjoyable to see Christian priests portrayed as the backstabbing power hungry bastards they were.

Him and his crew are breddy charismatic, but it's easy to tell the writers are running out of ideas despite already having a fixed finale in the form of unification of england, and utred retaking barrenburg (sp) or dying in conquest. dunno if the dates line up but harald hadrada's invasion would be the predictably epic final boss

Camp raid > Battle of Retards

Four books down, gimmie more

Yea uhtred the let's see how he can get shit on every episode. Loses every waifu and girlfriend. Alfred the we're trying to be historical here but he's all over the place character because most of his history is exaggerated or made up.

all of history is exaggerated if not outright made-up

*ALL* K GUY

I AM POOTRED SON OF AHMED OF BEBBELBURP

gib skorpa gf

>tfw handlebar mustache guy dies

*outrageous implications at your direction,* lord

I'm waiting for the show to have Alfred invent the steam engine because he has to rescue utrebek again. Once he rescues trebek he plans to accuse of him being disloyal for the 100th time and have him jailed for not reading minds.

Definitely liked it more than shitty game of thrones. The fight scenes specially are 10x better even on a way lower budget.
Hope there will be a season 3.

>he thinks his five senses are unassailable
>he thinks he can trust the secondhand perception accounted by others
all accounts are immediately filtered by observers with biases

DESTINY, HUZZAH

Lead actor has only one expression: the Brad Pitt furrowed brow look, but it works for all occasions. Whichever jew scouted out this actor did his job well.

Who's your waifu?

What is this show?

In ur opinion.

The Last Kingdom.

>he still has sacred cow opinions fetishisized on the pedestal of fact
my, a good fanatic

you are a FUCKING CUNT, my lord

k

>mfw binging this show and hearing that intro 300 times

Tbf to the series its just being faithful to the books.

We discussed it when it aired, youre just late for the party.
Its a very decent adaptation of the books and looks surprisingly good for a BBC budget show. Also its good that they squeeze more than one book per season so you really feel the show is moving forward with each episode. I dont have any grips with the actors and actually think some of them are really good like Alfred, Gisela, Beocca, Aethelwold, Odda, Eric and Siegfried.
Sadly I believe everything will go to shit starting next season since the book series itself started getting stale after the 5th book, tho it did get somewhat better in the last one. The problem I think is that Uhtred always winning and saving everyone in the last minute became old after some time.
TLDR mai waifu is Aethelflaed

> it's an Uhtred fucks up episode

>his school of suburban hard knocks bag of pithy remarks is emptied after a mere 8-post exchange
pssh, better luck next time kiddo

The ship episode was pure kino and better than anything in GoT

Clappa.

F.

>Pull.

Based irish guy

How many novels have been published, and where is the show relative to book count?

10 books written so far. First 4 books adapted into the series.

Who Aethelwold one true king here?

DESTINY IS ALL

me too user

>youtube.com/watch?v=q-3clyE-Sc0
God tier intro.

F

busy watching vikings instead

Ugly budget.
Props and actors look "off"

The world building is fantastic, and the acting is usually good but the writing is a bit sub-tier.

Still one of the best TV shows going though.

Wait till you get to season 4 bud.

some of the worst acting i've seen on a tv show in a long time

Best netflix original.

Never get tired of the "Destiny is all" theme.

>dude, mary sue mc, lmao

can't wait til he dies

Discussed constantly while it's running.

Lurk moar, faggot. Uhtred son of Uhtred threads are a Sup Forums staple when the seasons air.

We talk about it on /his/ occasionally. It's pretty good albeit the outfits are disgustingly inaccurate for the time.

>it's a Beocca outbants Uhtred episode

Who's outfits exactly?

Basically all of them. Early Middle Ages England was not famed for its expensive chainmail, nonsensical fur trimmings and bizarre helmets.

I AM UHTRED SON OF UHTRED ALSO THE SON OF UHTRED. I WAS BORN A SAXON LORD BUT RAISED A DANE. WEEWAAAAY WAAAH WEEEHHH OOOOO WEEEEE

Alfred

I couldn't go past the pilot even though i was fucking hyped for it, being a huge history nerd what could be better than "game of thrones in medieval england". The beginning was promosing, but then shioved-in-your-face exposition and the weak as fuck characters got me off of it.
Does it get any good ? Is it worth the watch ? At least if it's historically accurate it might be saved in my regard ...

It gets better as the season progresses on. Definitely recommend this as another history buff.

It's only vaguely historically accurate, just like the books.

Season 2 wasn't that good, and for what I have read, next season is going to be about his wife dying and he fucking Aethefold, the hot princess