Jurassic World

Why didn't you guys warn me about this? It was fucking awful. How did they manage to make every character so unlikable? Why was the CGI worse than Jurassic Park's over 20 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cwDonoxba4
youtu.be/iSi8oxCk2vE?t=1m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it was pandering to kids, teens and women. And kids, teens and women are trash.

>kids, teens and women are trash.

So you only like adult male? And by that i mean you're a fucking faggot.

Seriously, how did they manage to make the raptors look worse 20 years later?

Because practical effects > cgi

Because three month turn around for the effects teams vs a whole year on JP1 makes that much of a difference.

You might wanna rewatch JP1.

Do you remember the backstory about the parents getting divorced?

You probably dont because it literally went nowhere. Its worth as much as the "I definitely have cancer" part from The Room.

>he needs a backstory of "divorce" to enjoy a flick about dinosaurs

You have autism m8, get help.

I've rewatched JP1 several times and Worlds raptors fucking suck.

Youre unironically going to ignore the picture I posted and cognitively dissonance your way out of the argument?

Look at it.

There was clearly a bunch of shit cut from the movie. At one point one of the boys asked the other, "do you still have those matches?". There's absolutely no set up for the matches.

Not that user, but judging them based on a still image is just stupid. It's all about how they look in motion. Spielberg showed himself to be leagues above the faggot that made JW in how he blended special effects with practical design. He also knew how to use foliage and rain to hide any dodgy effects. His raptors look far better. There's a kind of weightlessness to everything in JW. You're very aware that there's no physical reference point for what the characters are supposedly seeing.

>beats mutant dino with teamwork
it's just like those marvel movies

>How did they manage to make every character so unlikable
Fuck you, I liked Blue

Raptors shouldn't be loyal to humans.

it was better than 2 and 3

and dinosaurs should have feathers.

What's your point?

This. Raptors are the xenomorphs of the JP franchise. Tame raptors is as lame as tame xenos.

The CGI in the first Mummy looks so much better than the shit we get today (Doomsday from BvS).

It's a shame the CGI in Mummy Returns doesn't look that good compared to the 1999 stuff... weird huh? I take it they rushed Mummy Returns and didn't spend enough detailed time as they did on the first one

This. The original ending had them baiting the Indominous to go near the water with the the shark on a wire.
Lots of things got changed.

>CinemaSins called this CGI shitty
... he has to be trolling. For 1999 this looks fucking great

Remember all those 3D animated game cutscenes you played in the 90's. They must have used the same software to make this or similar software so for 90's technology this is very well done

why was the 1999 mummy so much fun and why is the 2017 mummy so much shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=0cwDonoxba4

this is a nice vid on the 1999 one

Why did the hot aunt have to drive away in her car to call the control center? She could've just made the call standing right there and found out it was still in the pen. Why did they enter the pen before getting the ok?

Raptors were at their best on JP3, not because "muh fethurs", because the way the eye was proportunate to the body. JPW raptor eyes looked straight out of an anime.

>make every character so unlikable
qt's though

>qt's though

Who, the boy or the girl?

We should have warned you against your own plebeian nature? This is kino.

Do you really need to ask?

Both

That it undermined Spielberg's raptors, who were really menacing creatures. JW turns them into big dogs.

I couldn't stand that every character's moral and ethical code was laid bare in the first 30 seconds they're introduced. There was no moral ambiguity. It made them all feel like cardboard cutouts. JP had characters that were charismatic or funny regardless of their stance on the park. Everyone in JW is compartmentalised into good or bad immediately.

JW is unironically my favorite blockbuster of the last 5 years

The shots you're probably thinking of from the first Jurassic Park were achieved through puppetry rather than CGI. So no, the CGI from JP does not look better than Jurassic World but the practical effects were outstanding.

You preferred it to Fury Road?

Impossible.

>older kid's entire deal is that he's of the age that he's interested in girls
>spends all his time checking out girls
>doesn't even acknowledge his hot as fuck tour-guide

Immersion ruined.

This desu, she was so fuckable.

How do people feel about the part where they discover the old visitors center?
I kinda feel like they added too many vines and plants/dirt.
Totally didn't trigger any "omg the old visitors center!" feelings for me.

this lol

I don't know enough about nature or even cars but I think after 20 years there wouldn't be so much overgrowth and the car battery sure as shit wouldn't work

Manipulative pandering to nostalgia.

>not liking the redhead christmas cake aunt
Never reply to my posts ever again.

>dinosaur escapes pen
>has encounter with the boys etc
>we're told it's heading south
>suddenly it's in the restricted section at the north of the island attacking Chris Pratt

Both of those look as convincingly real as each other, which is to say, not at all.

Literally the only good part of the film because it reminded me of another, far better film.

>not complaining about the reused scenes.

Examples, my man.

Stan Winston died

What really pissed me off about this turd is how they marketed it as "This TIme The Park is Open!"
Alright time for Dino mayhem right?
Nope one scene where the flying dinos escape and that gets resolved in like three minutes.
So fucking bad.

It wasn't an bomination, just mediocre. It didn't offend, but it didn't excel in any way.

Reused wasn't the best word, but it sure felt like I was partially watching the first movie.
>The scene with the dying sauropod that resembled the triceratops scene
>2 kids get lost in the park after the theropod breaks loose and are saved by the expert
>that final scene with the group trying to escape from the theropod fight

That's just off the top of my head. I should watch it again seeing as I've already forgot about most of it.

This kind of blockbuster being mediocre is worse than being outright bad.

The Lost World is awful. Hands down Spielberg's worst movie and just an all around bad movie in general.

>one scene where the flying dinos escape and that gets resolved in like three minutes.
It's never resolved though. They just kind of vanish after that scene.

The movie shows the security forces shoot the flying dinos. They definitely wouldn't have gotten them all but that doesn't really matter to the movie.

>she will never be your aunt

why even live

Brendan

You needed warning after how much JP 2 and 3 sucked? You fell for the "Jurassic World is a return to form for the franchi$e" meme?

Like the fallen star destroyers in the beginning of The Force Awakens. Hollywood literally setting its movies in the ruins of past, better movies.

The next sequel is called Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom

Goldblum will be in it

Nah it's the second best JP movie. Only really bad part about it is the acrobatic niglet girl.

I went to see this in theaters for Ty. I've been stalking him since Insidious.

Is she back for the next one?

They're about the same. JP3 stands behind with its lack of proper climax.

>why didn't you guys warn me about this?

Fuck off. There have been countless threads and posts made about this explaining how bad it is. If you willingly watched this without the sole intent of seeing BDH and dinosaurs you're a fucking moron.

It takes 5 seconds to go on imdb and look the movie up.

>It didn't offend
It did, quite often.

Why do they fail harder and harder with each sequel to recreate the atmosphere of JP1?

That way it can be the ID Resurgence of the JP franchise.

I'd rather see a remake of the original than more shitty sequels to be honest.

>Goldblum will be in it

What reason would Malcolm have to get involved with rampaging dinosaurs a third time?

There's only so many ways you can tell the same story about dinosaurs loose in a theme park.

JW basically was a remake. And why the fuck would you want a remake of a perfect movie?

They need to step up and introduce other dead species like mammoths and sabre tooth tigers. Or maybe even resurrect famous historical persons like Alexander the Great and Elvis

Jurassic Park is not a perfect movie.

this you ?

this you ?

God whys everyone so bitchy today

at least a main character will be in it the red head bitch and prat were cringe .

this you ?

Probably tied with Force Awakens for the worst movie that year:

You probably need to rewatch it. The Lost World has jarring cuts and lousy editing. Pete Postlethwaite and some well-written scenes doesn't save it. It's an extremely mediocre 5/10 film.

Not him but I've watched it at least 12 times and it's one of my favorite movies. I unironically enjoy it more than the first one. I don't think it's better, I just enjoy it more, and I agree with him. The gymnastics scene is really the only painful part of the movie to watch. The scene at the beginning where Malcom talks with Ludlow at Hammond's house is extremely underrated and it's one of my favorite performances from Goldblum

youtu.be/iSi8oxCk2vE?t=1m28s

He did a really great job of portraying a man who had seen and experienced terrifying things and wants the world to know they happened. What depresses me is that BDH and Chris Pratt probably won't display this kind of acting talent in the new movie. Even more depressing is that BDH is capable of it but the director probably isn't good enough to get it out of her.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. I just want to point you towards three quick scenes I found particularly bad.

>Niglet escaping the house from which she kicked the raptor - jarring cut to her being 50m away from the house

>Malcolm's "I'M SURPRISED" face as the giant CGI ball rolls past the gas station

>T-Rex chasing after Malcolm through a building in NY is suddenly minutes behind them as the scene cuts

I find it lacking in directorial quality and consider it Spielberg's weakest work. It smacks of straight-to-VHS material. I'm not trying to take away your enjoyment of the movie or anything but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on these scenes if you remember them.

>jarring cut to her being 50m away from the house

I never noticed that desu and I doubt it will bother me at all when I notice it next time I watch it.

>Malcom's surprised face

It's pretty silly, I'll give you that.

>cgi ball

Absolutely no way in hell was that ball cgi. Absolutely no way. It looked too real and cgi wasn't even close to that good in 1997.

>T-Rex chasing after Malcolm through a building in NY is suddenly minutes behind them as the scene cuts

I noticed this, but it never bothered me at all. Also side note they were in San Diego.

Because the original one was groundbreaking. Because the original one was based on one of Crichton's best books and did a good job balancing staying true to the book while adapting it for the screen. Because every sequel completely ignores the book and just tries to make a movie about humans surviving scary dinosaurs in a thinly-veiled PG13 horror flick. Because writers are somehow worse in this decade than they were two decades ago. Because the Chinese audiences don't give two fucks about plot or depth and just want eye candy.

>Because the Chinese audiences don't give two fucks about plot or depth and just want eye candy.

This. This kills the film industry. Blockbusters have to be simplistic as possible now.

The movie was destined to be shite as soon as they showed the CGI crow at the beginning of the movie. What a fucking disgrace.

Who here besides me unironically loves Jurassic Park III? I felt it portrayed Site B better than The Lost World, and I always preferred Grant over Malcolm.

JP3 did the right thing by dropping any pretense that the movie was about anything but the dinosaurs and still somehow ended up with better characters arcs than TLW and JW.

>The Lost World has jarring cuts and lousy editing
I feel like this movie got all the wrong deleted scenes while letting a fat lot of irrelevant, boring shit in. The island part of the movie is like a very long fart bare some action sequences.

Because the original movie was about the characters, the dinosaurs were symbols and metaphors for the progression of the characters development, the whole thing is a pile of themes tightly wrapped together. The sequels are just about a bunch of clowns finding the most stupid ways to get chased by dinosaurs just so we could watch them get chased by dinosaurs.

>I'd rather see a remake of the original
>remaking something that doesn't need a remake
Retard.

The original Jurassic Park is almost 25 years old. It has an excuse for unconvincing CGI. Jurassic World came out 2 years ago. It has no excuse.

>missing the point this hard

Not him but if you can't see any improvement between the 2 images you're lying.

Guys - JPIII is on AMC!!!

>and Elvis
Thanks user, I haven't laughed in a while.

>Probably tied with Force Awakens for the worst movie that year
Don't you mean, biggest box office successes for that year?

Because no feathers, amirite?