Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime Finale (Part 18)

It's been a long time coming, Anons, but here it is, the end of an era. It's the end of Power Man and Iron Fist.
And what better way to start the ruining of a great series than with an event tie-in?

Yes, this run features a character named "Captain Hero".

So it's not enough that he can fly and has super strength, now he can turn invisible, too!

Oh, and he can transform. I forgot. Flight, shapeshifting, super strength, and invisibility. Why not throw in force fields while you're at it, for maximum horseshit?

Shit, I forgot about the whole "collapsing building" thing. I checked issue 6, and near as I can check, there's no issue where the Beyonder got them out of K'un Lun (and remember, that was WRITTEN by Editor-In-Chief Jim Shooter). Do you Anons want me to do the entire issue 2, or just the pages where Luke and Danny are?

>"Amazing!"
>"Dangerous..."
>"I'm hungry."

Luke Cage, giving absolutely no fucks since 1972.

Yeah, that's pretty much what Secret Wars II was. "The Beyonder shows up, interrupts the plot of the run to be everyone's new friend.

This and the first Secret Wars are the only thing I've seen Jim Shooter personally write, and I have no idea why he gets wanked on so much if THIS is what he thinks good writing is.

Wait, Nick Fury actually DOES know Danny? I thought that transmission from last time was faked.

>those last 3 panels
>civilwar2.png

And since you guys suggested I do the ads.

Actually, shit, Imma order some pizza before they close.

I feel like every Secret War II tie-in was some shitty fanfiction. And I know shitty fanfiction.

No, that was Secretest War. The war so secret, it was never published.

Typical Marvel, changing an established character into a minority.

Those damn SJWs were at it even back in the 80's! They've been playing the long game.

Oh, and a two-page ad.

Even longer.
Must I remind you that they tried to get more blind people to read comics when they made Daredevil?

>"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine?!"

That's nothing, they tried to get Fishpeople to read back when they made Namor!

Secret Wars 2 is the absolute worst but those new mutant tie ins are no joke someof my favorite marvel comics

This kind of nonsense is why The Hulk is still a threat.
Actually, one of my favorite parts of PAD's Hulk was when the military "solved" the Hulk problem by just ignoring his rampages for attention, and he fell in line eventually.
But then the last issue happened, and the Status Quo...

Don't call him a "bozo" Fury, just call him what you want to call him. A fucking idiot.

>Fishpeople
Sup Forums's wrong about a lot of things, but they are 100% right about anything they say about fishpeople.

Also, they smell.

Really? I'll have to add it to the backlog.

Well, someone better do more when it is time.

Iron Fist vs. Missile

Taking any bets?

So, I guess Iron Fist wins.

Sorry Anons, bets off.

Reality warpers always cheat.
But there is a trick to killing them.

I don't think kicking him in the balls will work.

Oh boy, Disco Mode Beyonder.

Is this a major Beyonder appearance? Or one of the "Oh hey, the Beyonder, now appearing in Secret Wars II" appearances?

>Or one of the "Oh hey, the Beyonder, now appearing in Secret Wars II" appearances?
It's one of these.

Whose costume has changed.

Well, the way to do it is to shoot them before they know you are there.

For those of you who are mad about Captain Falcon, and weren't here for last thread, it isn't the first time Misty has been with another man!

Did it? I couldn't tell. Then again, I really fucking hate Bobby.

Captain Hero >:(

Man, fuck Secret Wars II.

It's Luke Cage.
Put that gun down before you hurt yourself you idiot.

I read his Legion of Superheroes and it was good, but that was when he was in high school.

Remember that Misty and Colleen are best friends, and they knew eachother before Danny ever entered their lives.
Maybe you could blame their mind meld, but if you don't, even Colleen sees Misty's recent stuff as low.

Careful Misty, that's seven years of bad luck.

Starting with that repair bill.

And remember, they released a friggen Omnibus for that event.

And, to interrupt that drama, here's Tapdancing Captain America.

Can anyone from /k/ confirm this claim?

Denny translating Street to English is fucking hilarious.

Soggy's may rule, man. Soggy's May Rule.

I can't tell, are we supposed to think he's a badass, or just an edgy prick?

Tapdancing Captain America hunting for underaged girls.

I used to be a thug like you until I took a bullet to the knee.

>"You're doing my partner wrong."
>"Misty's being a flake is somethin' I got no control over, but I can sure as heck stop you."

So has Luke had this talk with Captain Falcon over dating the love of his best friend's life, or is Marvel still pretending that all black people are a monolithic group?

And now you all know the context to "My 'loud angry negro' bit didn't phase him"

The logo definitely used to be rounder.

I think it's that ersatz Billy Dee Williams.

Certainly not Danny at this point.

>"I know what Danny needs..."
>Misty walks into the door

I'm sure you all know where this is going.

Well, I expected the half-naked woman. Luke cage being thrown through his wall by Chiantang? That's a surprise.

Fucking hell. I though I was joking with the Billy Dee crack. He's gone FULL LANDO.

Great, a magical dragon who's gotten super tech.

Black Lives Matter too much for him to complain about Sam bird dogging Danny's woman right now.

I know it's been years since I've seen Star Wars, but I don't remember Lando kneecapping anyone.

Maybe in the special editions?

God damn it Luke, change your shirt, you've had the time.

This whole page has so much going on.

And here is is, doing it in the actual comic.

>Luke Cage can't swim

I mentioned him swiming early on so that when it comes up here, as a plot point, you'll know. And he's swam since, so I don't know why Priest thought he couldn't.

I bet it's a fake Luke.

no joke, they're maybe my fav Claremont X-issues, It's insane.

so fucking good,

And you got it in one!

I KNEW IT.
He didn't say anything about sweets or Christmas.

Luke's origin involves him swimming, even.

On the other hand, credit where it's due, he remembered to rip Luke's shirt.

Here's hoping something similar will happen when Captain Falcon is just the Falcon again.

And here we see Colleen straight up decapitate a fucker while he's down.

Colleen Wing don't fuck around.

>Cage: Unleashed!
>(Yes, it's time to get Ugly!)

Oh, this should be fun.

This one is a particularly unsubtle issue about black America.
And yet it somehow isn't as hard to sit through as some of the runs Marvel is publishing today.

>"Late this afternoon, Cage almost single-handedly invaded a midtown united states armory, nearly destroying the installation in the process"

Yet another day in the life of Luke "Power Man" Cage.

Seriously, who makes a coat like that? Doesn't the bottom get dirty? What if it gets caught in a door?

Well, the writer IS blacker than most of Marvel's current writers.

Although being black didn't make Hudlin better at writing race issues.

Yeah he's an edge lord of the 80's, but I'm a sucker for that waving coat action.

Hell, this page alone makes it look like he'd trip over the coat!

No, this coat rant isn't just autism, I'm just poking holes at this try-hard cool cop.

No need to worry, his coat is perpetually flowing in the wind, even when he's indoors.

Speaking of, I'm not storytiming the bit where Luke Cage appears in Hudlin's Black Panther. Not only does it retcon the issue in Priest's run where they met, but it's Hudlin.

I actually tried to get one of those coats for myself when I was younger. I didn't look hard enough to ever actually FIND one, granted.

So is Sam still a social worker in Captain Falcon, or is he just Captain America 24/7?

LOOK AT THAT FRIGGEN THING, HIS COAT MUST GET IN THE WAY OF THE EXHAUST!

In highshool (and college), I had/have a coat that had a collar that goes up to my jaw.
I know, how stupid it looks, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it makes me feel cool.

Tyrone King definitely seems like the kind of cop that would end up gunning down someone innocent, so far.

He has a casual disregard for public safety, and a very powerful handgun.

So has Marvel ever made a "superhero insurance" joke to imply it actually exists in Marvel, or does this guy have to pay for the repairs out of pocket?

Man, people really like calling Luke an oreo, don't they?

... Honestly, this feels just like a contrived way to let Tyrone get in on the action so Luke doesn't show him up.

I figure it's like how Batman's cape is supposed to be ankle-length at most, but when he's posing near the edge of a building artists go crazy and give him a cape that's longer than he is tall.

Speaking of a powerful handgun, here is is using it to knock a villain strong enough to chuck a car across multiple blocks into a wall.

>I think he's got it in for the blacks, y'know.
That's a fucking understatement
He has a modified Mighty Avengers hotline. I mean technically it's still social work, but it's not accredited.

It was mostly a thing in Busiek's run, but as I said, it's especially unsubtle here.

Is Tyrone King supposed to be a parody?