Why didn't 007 fight IRA?

The new Jackie Chan movie reminds me this question.
Why isn't there a 007 movie that featured IRA as the villain?

didn't it have its own villain? like a dr. evil or something?

IRA isn't exactly super villain tier.

This is probably why. At least the Russians seemed like a more significant threat.

Because James Bond has better things to do than stopping the occasional truck or pub from getting blown up.

2 reasons:
>1. IRA attacks were in N.Ireland and England. They would be dealt with by Mi5 who handle domestic threats.
>2. The same reason that Craig never deals with ISIS. The films are disconnected from reality so that you can enjoy watching them without the real-world implications bothering the experience

That could have easily resulted in theater bombings or other reprisals, The USSR/China or made up secret organisations would not have murdered children because someone dared to make a film about them.

Yeah prob this. IRA has always been a "small" terrorist group, not a group that wants world domination

Most villains are based on some real enemies (at least the traditional ones). a rogue agent from KGB or North Korea. Even a black voodoo guy.

But not a single Irish villain. Strange.

The IRA is pathetic and meme tier.
It had Chinese Communist Dr. No and Lotte Lenya played an East German villain.

Why didn't he stop Pakistan from getting nukes?
Why didn't he help the brits to take control of the oil of the saudis?
Why didn't he help the white british africans fight the blacks?
Why didn't he fight thea argentinians to defend the falklands?

I watched too much TV and ruined my own education, so I thought MI5 is just a meme from James Bond movie

Until one day I went to library and realized that MI5 is a real organization and they didn't fuck around.

So goldfinger and dr no were jews right?

Is he literally playing Gerry Adams?

Mi5 cover domestic threats
Mi6 cover international threats

Mi6 wasn't publicly acknowledged until relatively recently because of international relations

Yeah why??? Why really?

My impression is that 007 seems to deal with American problems only

I'm not sure how you manage to make Bond looking around a barn for weapons caches, before shagging a middle aged house wife, and going down to "The Old King Billy" for a pint have the right amount of class a Bond film requires.

I thought that as well, I can't imagine its officially supposed to be him in order to avoid legal action, its just supposed to be heavily implied that its him.

I can't wait for Gerry's inevitable butthurt press release about how this film is a throwback to the imperialist fascist nature of the british empire
Or better yet, Martin McGuinnes will say it instead and pretend to be impartial

Dr. No was Chinese and Goldfinger was based on a Jewish billionaire with a similar name.

It's a perfect mixture of Gerry Adams and Gerry Kelly.

Because uk has been nothing but a pawn of usa since the 40's
UK started the 20th century being the ruler of the world and finished being literally who
In just three generations, an empire can be reduced to nothing
And modern british still continue to support their monarchy, even claiming the queen is the best monarch ever when in fact she's been the single ruler that has lost more land in history

Was Bond always a WASP?

Martin's dead

Because he's MI6 and they handle external threats
The IRA are a MI5 concern

dr no was not full chinese
he came from germany
so jewish basically

that's right. I also remember Goldfinger now. fucking kek Bond had the silliest villains

I don't think you understand how the powers of the monarchy work you dumbfuck.

Elizabeth hasn't lost any land because she's never been in power, the monarch who lost the most land would probably be King John as he lost most of the angevin empire in France.

Oh shit, I completely forgot that happened. I just thought he was too ill to retake office
Haha bants

oh yeah sure she's still the queen of canada and australia oh yeah she appears in the money right
kek go lick that old cunt now

Uh what about all those Cold War era Bond films that dealt directly with Russia?

>The films are disconnected from reality so that you can enjoy watching them without the real-world implications bothering the experience
this didn't keep them from turning assange into a bond villain

The cold war is called the cold war precisely because there was no direct conflict between the england/america and russia.
So it was fun to pretend that there secret agents stopping all these major conflicts from happening. It also fed into that assassination that happened to that spy in london who was poisoned with the umbrella tip containing radioactive something.
Point being that it was topical in a fun way. There weren't russians blowing up restaurants or beheading soldiers in broad daylight

he looked like Assange, he didn't act like him or have a similar outlook

Bond actually didn't fight against Russians that much and when he had Russian villians they were usually acting independent from CCCP

They literally replaced the real life Russian thing with SPECTRE for that same reason.

The Jackal movie already handled this question pretty well.

Risk of the IRA bombing somebody as a reprisal. But China, Russia, or the US aren't going to kill you because you made a movie calling them bad guys. Ok, maybe Russia.

>Because uk has been nothing but a pawn of usa since the 40's
>UK started the 20th century being the ruler of the world and finished being literally who

Neither of these statements are true.

>And modern british still continue to support their monarchy, even claiming the queen is the best monarch ever when in fact she's been the single ruler that has lost more land in history

You realize that the British monarch doesn't really do anything, right?

>Risk of the IRA bombing somebody as a reprisal.
lmao muricans really have no idea how ira works (which is also why they aren't seen on american bond films)

>Risk of the IRA bombing somebody as a reprisal

I think that's a bit far fetched. The vast majority of people in charge of the IRA were evil, opportunistic thugs, but they did an OK job at maintaining good PR to not harm their relations with Irish-American LARPers and the Libyan government (the latter eventually would cut ties with the IRA due to an instance of civilian bombing)

>>Because uk has been nothing but a pawn of usa since the 40's
>>UK started the 20th century being the ruler of the world and finished being literally who
>Neither of these statements are true.
prove it

Gerry Adams is not in the IRA

Bond producers try to stay out of real life political conflicts. It's easier to sell the film.

It's never russia or china or NK, but a renegade general or a businessman trying to exploit the situation.

The only time they did mention an ongoing war was the Soviet-Afghanistan war in TLD.

Yes, literally Ian Fleming's fantasy about himself.

Why would they make a film where Bond is the clear villain?

are you serious

one of those shitty pierce brosnan films is literally him being kidnapped by North Korea

The bad guy in DAD isn't NK, but the son of the general, who is trading with blood diamonds.

Again, a renegade militar who wants to provoke a war and win a pretty profit. Like in Octopussy or TLD.