Why didn't Aragorn just invade Mordor with his invincible ghost army?

Why didn't Aragorn just invade Mordor with his invincible ghost army?

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiensociety.org/2014/04/grrm-asks-what-was-aragorns-tax-policy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't raise enough taxes for that

Because it wasn't "his".
Because ghosts work in mysterious magical ways and you can't just have them build a bridge or carry you across the sky.

>breaking an oath with an army of ghosts that are stuck on earth because they broke their oath
Whats the worst that could happen, you fucking retard.

Because it's a movie for kids, just like star wars and Harry Potter

Can I get a quick run down on this "taxes" thing?

because if you bring a evil ghost army that close to sauron, they'll get corrupted so fast they'll turn on you on a dime

Why didn't the fellowship give the ghosts the ring?

>>breaking an oath with an army of ghosts that are stuck on earth because they broke their oath

Why didn't he just make the oath "and when you're done killing these pirates ALSO go over there and kill the rest of Sauron's army in two seconds?

stop, invincible ghost army

>tfw you will never willingly give Lady Galadriel the one ring to wear on her toe and be her little hobbit foot slave for eternity

I haven't read Return of the King in many years, but I don't even remember a fucking ghost army being in it. This a Hackson add-on piece of deus ex machina like the Elves that were never at Helm's Deep being at Helm's Deep?

No actually Jackson didn't even want the ghost army in there as he thought it was silly but in the books they fuck up some pirates and that's it. He felt like if he was gonna include them they should have a bigger part.

I'm pretty sure it shows up, but more in a 'he is aragorn and he brought 4000 ghost soldiers'. he never mentions them being powerful or particularly important to the battle, except for the added numbers.

The ghost army wasn't able to kill things so they scared the sailors on Sauron's raiding fleet into abandoning their ships. Aragorn took the ships, loaded with reinforcements that he'd raised from the rest of Gondor, who didn't need as many soldiers now that the enemy fleet was neutralized.

The ghosts just help aragorn scare off the corsairs while he gathers up an army of southern gondorians before sailing back up to Minas tirith. But Jackson said Fuck it just make the ghosts kill everything

tolkiensociety.org/2014/04/grrm-asks-what-was-aragorns-tax-policy/

The ghosts don't fight. They scared the corsairs away, allowing Aragorn to capture the boats. The army Aragorn arrives is made up of Gondorian soldiers.

Gondorian soldiers and some of his ranger peeps, right?

And Eladan and Elrohir

Why didn't Aragorn craft his own Ring of Power and invade Mordor?

Elladan*

because he didn't know KeleBimbo

It wasn't within his budget

Stop, my invincible Ghost Army

In the books, the ghost army cannot kill anyone.

They just give the appearance of a huge terrifying army to scare the Corsair sailors, allowing Aragorn to capture the fleet with only a small force.

They were basically Patton's inflatable tanks from WW2 that fooled the Nazis into thinking the US had a huge tank fleet.

And the week after, the US did have a huge tank fleet.

Some black ball stone near the coast something. Ghost army takes the pirate ships for their oath then disappear. Aragorn and rangers take the ships.

I believe they even say something like "The dead need no weapon but fear." The corsairs are all scared overboard but the slaves doing the rowing are chained up so they can't go anywhere.

>The ghost army wasn't able to kill things
But no one who enters their cave ever leaves again

Scared to death, or the ghosts managed to keep them from finding a way out.

40 dunedain rangers that were rounded up by the sons of elrond show up either right before or after aragorn and friends take the path of the dead.
As they crossed southern gondor they picked up stragglers from the towns there.
When they chase out the corsairs they pick up the slaves that manned the ships, most of them being from gondor in the first place. Pretty sure reinforcements from dol amroth come a long too.

Because they were fulfilling the oath they made to isildur, aragorn only got them to help by telling them they had another chance to fulfil their oath, and that if they did it he would call it even.
He didn't have the agency to change the deal.

>BUT WHAT ABOUT MUH TAXES
>proceeds to write incoherent drivel where major plot points are never resolved out of laziness
Good thing Tolkien never churned out pages and pages of description of how Gimli takes a shit