I've just finished watching this. So what's the deal with people saying he was portrayed as homosexual? What did I miss...

I've just finished watching this. So what's the deal with people saying he was portrayed as homosexual? What did I miss, because I didn't think his sexuality was really brought up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gAiTAmvCaKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's more about masochism than homosexuality.
Movie suggest he was raped and enjoyed it. Same as when he confesses he enjoyed killing.

Masochism (and egomania) is a great part of why he puts himself in situations way beyond duty.

>“I long for people to look down on me and despise me,” he explains to Mrs. Shaw, probably never aware of the ancient tradition of truth-seeking masochism he had entered. “I’m too shy,” Lawrence explains, “to take the filthy steps which would publicly shame me.” … Less than 18 months before his death, Lawrence wrote to Mrs. Shaw, saying that he was ready to write Confessions of Faith. It was to be a complete account of his degradation “beginning at the cloaca [public lavatory] at Covent Garden” and including his last military experiences. In what is a very uncharacteristic burst of optimism, he explains that the book will take a long time to write but that it will encompass human “entry into the reserved element, ‘as lords are expected, yet with a silent joy in our arrival.'”

Movies right-wingers will never understand?

Y'know how he had those sweet luscious young boys attending to him? And how there were no women in the entire film?

The more direct references to his sexuality are to sado-masochism as per

Appreciate instead how the pov moves from first person to third person as the protagonist becomes less and less human. Name some modern biographical movies that were inspired by this narrative technique.

Its because more people have read his book and looked up his life in recent years and are trying to fit external information into their interpretations of the movie. It is a known fact that Laurence never showed any interest in women and would write poems describing the beauty of male comradery. What a lot of people forget however is that the film was made in the 60s. There was no way in hell a studio was going to insinuate that their protagonist and a major well liked historical figure was gay at that time.

>dude arabs are so cool
>why wasn't i born an arab
>man fuck white people
what a shitty flick

the ranked roach gave him the opportunity to explore his sexuality
and it's beautiful

>Movie suggest he was raped and enjoyed it.
can you remind me?

>It is a known fact that Laurence never showed any interest in women and would write poems describing the beauty of male comradery.

Pretty sure that war fucks up people to no extent, and women back then were second class citizens.

You just watched one of the greatest movies ever made and that was the first thing you thought about?

You forgot the part where the Arabs are depicted as assholes too.
>Rape him
>Obi-Wan later shoves him under the rug when peace gets near

You're a brainlet if you think this film is anti-right, if that's what you're implying. It shits on both sides of imperialism equally, there's a reason why Lawrence is so conflicted.

>All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
>This I did.

What a guy. Who cares if he liked a little whips and chains in his love life?

>neocon the movie...

The eternal Anglo

"So long as the Arab fight tribe against tribe they will always be a little people. A silly people, petty, barbarous and cruel."

- T.E. Laurence in real life and the movie.

IT IS NOT IN ANY WAY PRO MUSLIM

its so obvious that you never watched this movie

>Y'all mind if I establish Damascus under British rule?

His expressions during and after the rape.
youtu.be/gAiTAmvCaKU

Also, his writings
>In his description of the Dera'a beating, Lawrence wrote: "a delicious warmth, probably sexual, was swelling through me," and also included a detailed description of the guards' whip in a style typical of masochists' writing.[148] In later life, Lawrence arranged to pay a military colleague to administer beatings to him,[149] and to be subjected to severe formal tests of fitness and stamina.[150]

If by "great" you mean that there were a shit-ton of extras then sure. This movie is actually a little on the weak side. Way way overrated. Standards were different back then. Going to see a movie meant something else.

I don't know its kinda thin.

turbo pleb

Look the expressions of the turkish soldier
>3:34
>oh man here we go
>3:45
>did he like it?
>3:53
>yeah he liked it
>3:57
>oh you're enjoying this you slutty blond.

I think it was about how little the pain affected him, which was to show how well trained the British soldiers were.

Why people always have to resort to the homosexual answer just speaks volumes about them.

And it no way did his face portray that he was enjoying it.

>resort to the homosexual answer
in this case the correct answer, according to his biographers

Just kill yourself

yeah because soldiers are trained to endure whipping and the guy torturing him would smile seeing how his enemy is so tough

maybe he was a virgin

But his smile drops when he sees its not affecting Lawrence.

He got raped while in captivity and retarded Americans say that means he's gay.

I think Oliver Stone's "Alexander" does this. All the 1st person shots are either when he's a child or on his death bed. Everything else is panicked 3rd person by the end

Also is another movie with a historical figure getting fucked by dudes

Everyone that knew Lawrence when he was alive all said that they never once saw him show any sexual interest in anyone. In fact most of his friends thought he was asexual. Lawrence himself in letters to various people even stated he was never with anyone. Also you should really read what he wrote about male companionship. It goes way beyond the normal brothers in arms stuff that came out of the first world war. He even dedicated his book to someone with a love poem. Though he never said who the S.A. he dedicated the book to was. After all he could have just made the poem out to Saudi Arabia. But his male companion that worked with him when he was a archaeologist before the war also had the initials of S.A.

So Lawrence was either asexual or was gay but because of it being a time when being gay was not particularly looked fondly on by anyone just presented himself as being asexual.

Prince Faisal, did I ever tell you about the time I was raped by Turks in Daraa?
T. Lawrence

The Aviator as well

British soldiers were given Tea with potassium bromide in WW2 do take away their sex drive. This has lead to a lot of rumors that British soldiers were gay.

He literally got raped by a muslim man at one point in the movie..Do Brits ban that's scene?