What's Sup Forums's thoughts on fables ?

what's Sup Forums's thoughts on fables ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvsnV0yNddc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean....I really wanted to like it but I think it's trash. Cover artist is best in the game though.

Never finished it. I have heard that it went to shit near the end. I really liked the game though...

What the fuck .. R u me or something

Weirdo expressing his political opinions through his Mary-sue Wolfman who shares his ninitials and manlet status.
Its like Sandman but worse and (By coincidence, not by cause or effect) much worse

Really depends on your expectations. If you are going in expecting something like the game, you'll be disappointed, as it drops the P.I. angle by issue 15.

In general, genre shift is something you'll have to get used to if you're gonna read. It starts off fantasy P.I, turns to urban fantasy, switches to high fantasy, then political drama, then war story, and so on. If you are pretty open to all different types of stories within the same narrative, you should be able to adapt easy enough.

I liked it. I'd never call it perfect, but it's miles ahead of it's contemporaries. Wish it had got picked up for a show instead of the Walking Dead.

Outside of James Jean's covers it's shit.

Fairest was pretty shit. Jack of Fables had a shit ending. Main title was good but took forever to finish.

Snickety snack, get the fuck in my sack!

starts out decent, has some alright highpoints, but overall it's really disappointing.

Obligatory Jews JEWS JEWS post

Carry on

>into my sack

Jim Henson did it better.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvsnV0yNddc

Looks great. Will have to watch the series.

I can never get quite used to American depictions of fairy tales.

I liked it

Now I'm interested in what the major differences are. Where you from, and how do the same fairytales differ there?

Except that image isn't of a fairy tale, it's an American southern folktale.

starts great, shit resolution, shit 7 kid prophecy

The best ones are with John Hurt. He's an amazing storyteller.

Oh, I am aware of that. I meant not that particular image in the OP

Germany. It's just that often when they are depicted they seem to take more inspiration from pop-culture adaptions.
Though Fables is not that bad in comparison.

Yeah, the kids are kind of awful. I can see why comic writers tend to avoid the Babies Ever After situation if they can help it if this is the result.

wut ?

The Adversary saga was great overall even though this was kind of stupid. It really should have ended after Gepeto surrendered. Same for Jack, that Hollywood arc was originally written to be his last appearance, and would be much better if that was the case.

Only good thing about Mr. Dark was the Totenkinder wankery, and Willingham made she just go away because of reasons. Everything after that was shit.

But worst part was, without a single doubt, the Literals crossover. That was one of the worst things i have ever read.

the absolute worst is "killing off" Prince Charming

I enjoyed the first two story arcs but its a steady decent after that and a cliff after issue #50

seeing the Homelands should've always been nothing more than a naive dream, would've been more interesting if it'd just continued focusing on Fabletown shenanigans

It peaked with Boy Blue's arc.

After that it kind of meandered to find a dramatic drive. The new villain was kind of neat, but I overall lost interest, then I guess it finished.

The Telltale game is good, though.

He should have stayed dead, honestly. His character arc was the best, becoming a somewhat good man and Fabletown's hero. Boy Blue was also great and the issues where he fucks shit up with in the Homelands were awesome.

Along with Frau Totenkinder, who was Willingham's deus ex machina but likeable anyway, they were my favorites.

Bigby and Snow White were the least interesting characters, IMO.

Bigby stopped being interesting when his detective shit got thrown out. Series should have continued noir-ish with Beast

Snow White and Rose Red shit was the worst possible thing to happen in the series

I wonder how many issues were planned. It seems that Willingham had the last page of issue 75 as the ending, but sometimes i had the feeling that even that happened way after it was supposed to.

Stopped reading during the Great Fables Crossover borefest, saw this thread and searched the wiki to see how it ended.

Why the fuck did Cinderella and Totenkinder fight to the death? What was the point of Bigby killing Ozma and Beast? I'm glad i didn't pay for this shit.

Great character driven series and even with the plot trying to wrap up it's shit in the most stupid way possible I kept reading because I loved the characters.