Let's proceed

Let's proceed

I need an answer for this -

What's about civil technician cert? Its easy to obtain, job is comfie, its transferable to US job market. You stick with construction market, but still more valuable for companies than high school droppers.

If you're unemployed and looking for work, please kill yourself. Your life has clearly been a failure.

thx harper

The TFWs were a disgrace, but the lefty outrage over them was completely partisan and hypocritical; they just want to have permanent foreign workers instead.

I'm a leftie and I want Permanent Canadian Workers.

Conservative and right wing defense of Harper's TFW program is absolutely disgusting and shameful.

>I'm a leftie and I want Permanent Canadian Workers.

What's your stand on immigration?

What exact jobs TFW was targeting?

Any low skill position pretty much. Ever wonder why every Tims is staffed by shitskins that can barely speak English? TFW program.

>I want Permanent Canadian Workers

So you want bindi immigrants who are granted citizenship to take your job?

Been consistently employed for 6 years every year since I was 15. Now have an entry level CS job and showing no signs of slowing down.

Seriously if you're unemployed in Canada it's because you're fucking stupid and trying to compete with immigrants for minimum wage jobs. If you were born in this country there is absolutely no reason not to go into STEM and prosper unless you're an idiot in which case you can probably get welfare or some shit from this cucked government

Burger here, what happened?

I don't agree with Trudeau continuing Harper's insane immigration policy.

>What exact jobs TFW was targeting?

Where I live, it was the minimum-wage ones formerly done by white people, who the employers were financially incentivized to replace.

Well, I don't see any short run problems then, they can't drop the wage below minimal, and no way fastfoods would pay more, they rather fill positions with a robots.

But what is your immigration policy? Any number greater than zero is already too high until the economy can get back on track.

As long as trudeau's in power everything is great though? It's current year after all

>I don't see any short run problems then

Importing foreigners to undercut Canadians is a problem. The employers were given a financial incentive to hire TFWs, and the workers themselves were intimidated into not complaining about their conditions if they didn't want to get sent back home.

Your elites despise their own people. Rome 2.0

With the service industry its only really taking away work from students who need that entry level shit. Where I saw the TFW hit was the general labour industry for construction. GL's are the guys who sweep up a site or move materials around, and in Ontario they've actually got a pretty sweet union and made 29 an hour. TFW gutted that.

>Seriously if you're unemployed in Canada it's because you're fucking stupid and trying to compete with immigrants for minimum wage jobs. If you were born in this country there is absolutely no reason not to go into STEM and prosper unless you're an idiot in which case you can probably get welfare or some shit from this cucked government

This kind of retarded mentality is epidemic.

Not everyone is cut out for STEM. "Society" is a diverse array of occupations producing real goods and services. It was a right turn and a wrong mistake to pretend you could dump on everyone with an IQ less than 100 (half the population) while enriching a few. Seriously.

In the short term its satisfying to think everyone who isn't in STEM is an idiot. In the long term you've wrecked your nation. This is all academic, though. We all passed the point of no return about 40 years ago.

Hindsight we're good at, foresight, not so much.

And by the way, I also work in STEM. You make us look bad with your dumb mouth.

Google Philip Cafaro. Ignore prison planet satirist lunacy.

If anything, the temporary foreign workers program proves that not only do we not require stupid (IQ

>not everyone is cut out for STEM
>therefore there is more demand for STEM than supply
>conversely there is more supply for non STEM than demand

Also keep in mind we're speaking from two different sides of a fence here but Canada's total population is still hovering under 40 million. In the states I imagine it would not make sense to bring in migrants to take min wage jobs because with a population numbering in the hundreds of millions you could easily find many citizens from your own country to fill those roles.

Depending on the job here though, even though supply is higher for non stem jobs, we still need migrants to fill out the numbers. Harper's decisions to bring migrants in was not motivated by some insane need to diversify the country but really to increase the labor force,

Globalism has no fruits.

Globalism has literal, observable fruits. Those kiwis and pinapples in your supermarket aren't 25 cents because of protectionism.

Instead our homes are just 300K on average for a 3 bedroom thanks to foreign interest in our housing market. WORTH IT FOR THE CHEAP KIWI'S THOUGH.

>not buying cheap when the bubble last burst
No one to blame but yourself.

When was that, the late 90's? You're right we should all have had the foresight to know in fifteen years we wouldn't be able to afford to live in our own country.

1. You had the perfect opportunity to purchase foreclosed properties after the 2008 market crash.
2. If you live in an inflated area and don't make enough to buy, why do you live there? Clearly your job isn't paying enough to support your family. Move to a better market, or find a better job.

I'm talking about Canadian housing prices, not American. Its easy as shit to buy cheap property in the states still.