How do you handle final episodes and the empty feeling you get after realizing the series is done?

How do you handle final episodes and the empty feeling you get after realizing the series is done?

What if thing that happened was shit?

i get pretty sad

I mope around my house for a few days until I get over it.

Then smile because it's over?

You watch something else.

We've been through this.

Usually I go to Sup Forums to discuss/bitch, then go to the wikia and tropes pages after that I start to look for similar shows.

It's worse when the thing 'ends' when another great season was planned that'll never happen

Please stop reminding me. I can't take it anymore.

For specifically Gravity Falls, I was almost relieved it was over. I was tired of Disney's games. Too many goddamn hiatuses.

Sadness ensues.

After Wander over Yonder ended I cried a little because I'll never see new stories about my electrical skeleton man

After Gravity Falls ended I shitposted about how terrible the finale was on Sup Forums because Hirsch fucking botched it

I sit back and reflect.

Sometimes said reflection just leads to me smiling the rest of the day. Sometimes it leads me to utter, "Man, that was like 12 hours I'm never getting back, wasn't it?"

I make thread after thread on an image board about the series and nitpick every little detail about it and call it shit. I don't let it go and keep doing it for months and months at a time as long as people reply to me.

i kill myself, ive killed myself at least 5 times by now.

I watch good shows with good endings that don't shit the bed.

So you watch nothing?

I get a tear in my eye, then suck it up because even though I fucking love cartoons I'm not a god damn faggot.

Depends on if it had an actual end or was canceled on a cliffhanger

I look at fanart.

GF or A:tlA?

By the time Weirdmageddon rolled into town, I already made peace with the fact that the show I loved died. After all, it's been months cince A Tale of Two Stans.

i find these pieces of shit and murder them for ruining the show.

I watch another show

You move on. You find another journey to go on, and you enjoy it like you did the other show before.

>Dr. Seuss to an auditorium full of rape victims.

Gravity Falls isn't done until Mabel is raped and murdered by a boy she was attracted to.

kill yourself\
no joke, actually kill yourself

No one actually takes this phrase seriously right?

>be rich
>lose all your money
>live in box
>"hey be happy that you were rich once!"

The worst part for me is when it ends I wonder what I COULD have been doing all those years I wasted watching it and drawing fanart.

>Be born rich
>Malnourishment in childhood did not ruin your health
>Lack of good medical care didn't ruin your health yet
>You got best education money could buy
>Nothing to be happy about
Even impoverished former rich are likely to have advantages.

It's obviously not supposed to apply to everything, smartass.

Its even worse when you watch the entire series in 2 days, and then the end comes and now you're just depressed its over.

in my case
>if the show is great and the chance of having future episodes is not completely dead
>hopes the future is bright and find other good things to kill time
>if the series is over for good, live with it and move on
But, if the series is terrible
>pretend the series or some particular moments in the series never happened in my life.

That's why you don't do that. Binge watching is stupid

But user, It's just so good and engaging that I just have to know what happens next.

I don't want to lose these characters and go back to real life.

I just get really sad for a couple of days and then forget about it.

Holy shit, man.
You're literally me. I feel that way after watching any great cartoon or anime.
My life is pretty sad.

Gravity Falls only gave you an empty feeling because of the massive disappointment.
Finales that are actually good leave you satisfied knowing that even one more episode would be overkill, so you're happy for such a well told story and you're ready to move on instead of feeling like you want more.

>tfw I watched all of Samurai Champloo just so I could watch the finale on toonami
>mfw watching them split up at the end.

Thats why I hate shows that are about the journey, not the destination.

I only get that feeling very, very rarely.

Like, in all the media that I've viewed in the past few years, I can only definitely say I feel the same about Undertale, Over the Garden Wall, FLCL (figures), Gurren Lagann, and The Stanley Parable.

Read Japanese fan comics.

>Gravity Falls only gave you an empty feeling because of the massive disappointment.

This.

haha he said no joke what an edgelord guys!

Just finished marathoning that for the first time.

It made me realize I wasted my summers as a kid. I have NO memories of doing ANYTHING over my childhood summers.

I don't ;-;

XOLOTL my time has come to burn!

isn't that is Bill's last words? So, foreshadowing for season 3?

"My time has come to burn" is such a creepy line.

consider axolotl is a type of salamander, a lizard-like amphibian that is associated with fire in mythology, I think the line is pretty interesting.

by not being autistic and having things to live for besides cartoons

normies out REEEEEE