How can a company with decades of experience selling comics do something this fucking retarded?

how can a company with decades of experience selling comics do something this fucking retarded?

The average person cannot tell the difference between TITLE: REBIRTH #1 and DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH: TITLE #1, they literally look like variant covers of the same comic.

How many sales do you think they lost due to this? How many people came back a month after buying Rebirth #1 and thought Batman #2 was the next comic and then it made no sense to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

wordery.com/daredevil-by-frank-miller-klaus-jason-omnibus-new-printing-frank-miller-9780785195368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sales will tank hard because normies will be confused.
Finally, Image will be Big 2.

It's a huge fuckup

As a guy who wants to get into comics they are confusing as fuck for me.

I recently wanted to get into Daredevil so I searched "Where do I start reading Daredevil?"

The answer I get is The original Daredevil run (vol. 1 #158-191)

How the fuck do I start reading daredevil from issue number 158? What happens in the previous 157?!

>How many sales do you think they lost due to this?

Apparently not many since most stores sold out and Batman 1 did almost double what New 52 Batman sold. But carry on with your shit posting OP

that is the character-defining Frank Miller run, before it Daredevil was a fairly different comic. Originally he wore yellow and the purple man was basically a silly kids comedy villain, but Frank Miller made Daredevil more about rooftops, fights in the rain, e.t.c.

Just google Daredevil Frank Miller, there are sure to be some collected editions

>What happens in the previous 157?!

Fuck all

wordery.com/daredevil-by-frank-miller-klaus-jason-omnibus-new-printing-frank-miller-9780785195368

As someone who mostly reads graphic novels and other shit I am insanely confused about marvel/dc in general. Honestly there is like 4 different batman comics coming out regularly I don't know shit anymore. Just an example but there are a few.

If I read Marvel/DC its usually finished stuff like Civil War or TDKR, Hush etc. where I can get a hold of something.

Thanks guys.

>Honestly there is like 4 different batman comics coming out regularly

Yeah but common sense would dictate that the main book is the one simply titled "Batman"

speculator market aren't actual readers, they're just people who buy any comic with #1 on the front and never open it. watch readership tank on most titles by issue 3.

It is not rocket sciene, reading order of rebirth is this :

001 DC Universe - Rebirth V2016 (2016) 001

002 Batman V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

003 Green Arrow V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

004 Green Lanterns V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

005 Superman V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

006 Action Comics V2016 (2016) 957

007 Aquaman V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

008 Detective Comics V2016 (2016) 934

009 The Flash V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

010 Wonder Woman V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

011 Batman V2016 (2016) 001

012 Green Arrow V2016 (2016) 001

013 Green Lanterns V2016 (2016) 001

014 Superman V2016 (2016) 001

015 Titans V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

016 Action Comics V2016 (2016) 958

017 Aquaman V2016 (2016) 001

018 Detective Comics V2016 (2016) 935

019 The Flash V2016 (2016) 001

020 Wonder Woman V2016 (2016) 001

021 Aquaman V2016 (2016) 002

022 Batman V2016 (2016) 002

023 Green Arrow V2016 (2016) 002

024 Green Lanterns V2016 (2016) 002

025 Justice League V2016 (2016) 000_Rebirth 001

026 Superman V2016 (2016) 002

idk why the rebirth issues weren't just #0 or something

That happens to every book so it has fuck all to do with OP's retarded argument

>what are individual story arcs

Who cares about individual story arc when event and crossover are more important and have actual consequence ?

But Rebirth isn't an event and these books don't crossover

but you are arguing it did well because rebirth #1 sold well and batman: rebirth #1 sold well idiot

when they are both titles that would get a big boost from speculators because they have the #1 on them rather than being #1 then #2. By the time rebirth issues 3s come out you will see a bigger drop in readership than normal, because normies are confused about why their comics seem to be coming out faster than normal and they forgot to buy the actual issue #1

>because normies

Oh yeah. The massive Normie comic readership. I forgot all about them. Thanks user

Sales are high so it's obviously working.

>Rebirth isn't an event
it is.

>The original Daredevil run (vol. 1 #158-191)

Don't read anything before #168. Anything before that is irrelevant.

Image has ALWAYS been a major publisher.

do you think comic readership is just Sup Forums posters and people who frequent comic book news sites? there are a lot of people who go in there and just grab the ones that have their favourite characters and come back next month for #2

sales are high because speculators think these comics will be free money like Batman 2011 #1 was

It's not

No it's not.

its a branding

And yet that's not the case at all.

>do you think comic readership is just Sup Forums posters and people who frequent comic book news sites?

No, but that doesn't make them normies.

>sales are high because speculators think these comics will be free money like Batman 2011 #1 was

They don't think. They know. Batman Rebirth 1 sold over 350,000 while New 52 1 sold 180,000

>there are a lot of people who go in there and just grab the ones that have their favourite characters and come back next month for #2
What kind of retard do that ?

bruh ive worked in a comic shop before, why are you pretending to know things you dont

high sales means it will be worth less money since it is less rare, snyders is also going to go down in history as a remembered run but sadly i dont think King will because his artists are shit and his stories arent plebby enough

>it will be worth less money since it is less rare
>still believing comics have a reselling value
>in the digital age

We live at the age of Internet. Easily anyone can go to Google and find out where exactly to start.

Filthy characterfags. Real people buy comic, encase it and wait fifty years to sell it for 20 million.

monetary value for anythign exists as long as other people also think it exists

>Sales are going to tank
>Sales have doubled between 1's
>It's an "OP realizes he's a fucking moron but carry's on posting anyway" episode

Face it user. Nobody but you is confused

i will make this thread again in 2 months and you will be begging to suck my dick for how right i am

It is worth 0.99$ on comixology.

Sure thing buddy. Keep watching the sales charts so you can post to an anonymous stranger how right you were two months ago. Your life must suck.

>Your life must suck
>the poster who says this is getting angry because someone else thinks his favourite company wont sell very many comic books
>he is not an employee of the company but defends them on the internet for no monetary compensation`

Judging by the sales, it hasn't affected anyone

>Angry

>someone else thinks his favourite company wont sell very many comic books

But it already sold double what the last relaunch did you cretin

Whats the diference?

>Google "How does DC Rebirth work"
>Immediately get a guide for new readers
Drones on full patrol I see

because the high resale value of the last relaunch #1 has lead to an increased number of purchases by speculators you cretin, like i said compare batman 2016 #3 to batman 2011 #3 in a couple of months

>because the high resale value of the last relaunch #1

Which Rebirth will also have because retailers sold out of all their copies

even if you're right, that doesn't have anything to do with long-term readership and does not mean that the average comic book reader didnt potentially miss Batman #1 because they thought they already had bought it

>That doesn't have anything to do with long-term readership and does not mean that the average comic book reader didnt potentially miss Batman #1
>Potentially miss
>Retailers are reporting how Batman and other Rebirth titles have sold out
>Huge Reorders for everything across the board

Just give it up already

>if i ignore every post hes made except the last one and just repeat something that hes already explained to me 8 times in previous posts with a smug picture then i win!!

I'm acting smug because you're a fucking idiot. How could people potentially miss Batman #1 when so many retailers sold out? You've made a big problem in your head that doesn't exist

>how can you miss it if its sold out!!!!

>because of the high resale value of batman #1 2011, a lot of speculators bought batman #1 2016 in hopes that they can resell it for a lot of money, they are not actual readers and will not buy #2 or #3

next retarded post you will make: but every comic has speculators!!!! please repeat yourself again because i am a retard!!!!

Batman is going to drop back to 100,000 and I bet you're going to pat yourself on the back thinking you're right

it is going to be a big dropoff for #3 and will probably dip below snyder's run very quickly after that

It's almost always a 60% drop off from 1 to 3 for a relaunch. This is nothing new

snyders was like 30%

So was everything in New 52.

and rebirth will be much more than 30% because of the reasons stated in the OP

OP made no mention of speculators. Just a sense of confusion nobody else has talked about.

oh my fucking god

>Batman Rebirth #1 was bought by a lot of speculators
>Batman #1 was bought by a lot of speculators and also a lot of casuals did not buy it because it looks exactly the fucking same as Batman Rebirth #1
>For Batman #2 the speculators will be gone, but the casuals will buy it since they think its the next issue after Rebirth #1
>They will not understand why the story has nothing to do with Calendar Man or who these flying people that came from nowhere are
>They will not buy #3, leading to a big big dropoff

>What happens in the previous 157?!

You're right you need to read every single appearance of DD in chronological order, that includes guest star and cameo appearances, to fully appreciate Daredevil.

To be fair most people from the first decade or so are dead

Yeah the speculators would have driven up sales but you have absolutely no evidence that anybody was confused. The drop off won't be from confusion from "casuals" just the same old song of every other relaunch

>and also a lot of casuals did not buy it because it looks exactly the fucking same as Batman Rebirth #1
[citation needed]

Or you know, they realize their mistake and buy the actual #1. But hey, apparently people are that stupid as OP suggests

>Casual comic readers are retarded
Most probably bought it online or just googled it and figured out the difference between Rebirth and #1. Or they asked the owner of the lcbs they bought it from and learned that way. Or they bought number 2 it made no sense and so they looked up why and got #1. They aren't subhumans who can't grasp simple logic user, they just aren't a mega autist about comics like you are

you have eyes, you can see that these two comics look like variants of each other, unless you are literally holding them side by side and can see that the placement of the batman logo is different then you would think they are the same comic

same fag

This sad cunts going to see the drop off and think it's because those damn normies were so confused isn't he ?

>14:02:33
>14:02:40

Has any clickbait site reported on OP's problem to support his idea or is it just him thinking he's vastly more intelligent than the "Normies" ?

Just stick to graphic novels desu. Serials aren't worth the money or the hassle.

Rebirth issue>#1>#2>#3 etc

In what fucking world is that confusing?

they're both labeled #1 you dumbfuck, it is confusing.

>and the purple man was basically a silly kids comedy villain
He kind of still is, except for the "kids" part

For you

both of them look like variant covers of the same comic

do you understand anything about business? if youre selling to a massive amount of people like DC is then anything that could possibly be confusing to a customer will take a chunk out of your sales

If you're a retard.

with double shipping, you're not going to see a real drop until about issues 6-7, because the first 3-4 months of a books life is stores guessing how much people will buy, not based on actual sales figures.

they're not paying for the story though

except for the ad at the back of the book that said BATMAN 1 ON SALE 6/15

>Arguing about future hypothetical problems

This thread is shit

>How many sales do you think they lost due to this?

Oh OP, you crack me up! If you're lucky you just might be able to finally buy both comics.

>The average person cannot tell the difference between TITLE: REBIRTH #1 and DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH: TITLE #1, they literally look like variant covers of the same comic.
So? I have seen people asking at my LCS the reading order or basically what's the deal of having 2 issues one, is not fucking rocket science and in doubt people can just fucking ask or find the right info online.
>>but they don't care/have time for that kind of shit
absolute bullshit.

Literally casual: the faggot