Is anyone else NOT triggered by this and actually interested in picking it up to see where Bendis will take it?

Is anyone else NOT triggered by this and actually interested in picking it up to see where Bendis will take it?

I admit I'm looking forward to it as long as they give her an engaging story.

I thought it was just another person in an ironman suit.

Like an Ironman version of Batman inc

I'm looking foward to it IF it has a good artist and not Deodato. I'll be happy if it's Marquez.
>That afro
>that delicious chocolate skin
>that underage
I guess Bendis writes teenagers well enough too. But mostly my dick is screaming YES.

all I care about is the fanart.
cute black girl with cybertech.

>as long as they give her an engaging story.
Will take 5 issues to get interesting, will get forced into events that will ruin her story when it gets good, will be approved by multidimensional Iron Men including Robert Downey Jr himself to prove she's great,
I want Riri to be so good, but man... I don't have much hope.

It will be as engaging and long lasting as Steel's niece

>I guess Bendis writes teenagers well enough too.
Solo book about an awkward teenager is the kind of thing he can write well.

>Is anyone else NOT triggered by this

Yes.

>and actually interested in picking it up to see where Bendis will take it?

No. Maybe if it was someone else writing it.

I thought it as well, then I read Miles.
I really want to like Miles' book, man. He's no U. Peter but so many broken promises.

Why are these creator's so incapable of creating new characters instead of piggybacking off of existing heroes?

We've already seen where Bendis is going to take it. He's going to be too afraid to take risks or to do anything because he literally cries at the thought of making black role models for his kids.

Best case scenario is we get a somewhat usable character in 5 years, and some rule 34.

It's pretty stupid to be triggered about it though.

I kinda want to steal the character and write her myself.
Inexperienced teen with high hopes on helping people, with Tony's wit as he himself mentors her. Piloting a miniature Gundam, getting to know Kamala, Robbie and Miles at some points.

I'm not triggered but I'm not picking it up either

I hope she's well-written and interesting enough that she can find a place with a non-Iron Man identity.
I still don't care about Bendis' Iron Man enough to bother reading it.

>Bendis
>engaging story
There's your problem.

If it was a good writer doing the series, I'd probably be interested.

That... sounds pretty fun, actually.
Fuck you for making me inevitably disappointed in whatever Bendis shits out.

>Why are these creator's so incapable of creating new characters instead of piggybacking off of existing heroes?
Because the Big Two still treats creators like they did with Alan Moore. So any new IPs go unpaid and unrewarded. It's better to recycle these stale ideas while the real good ideas are published at Image or other publisher that lets the authors keep the rights.
And if you wonder about Kamala, Marvel created the basic idea based on the suggesting of an editor and then hired Wilson to write the comic.

>where Bendis will take it
the trash can
via an excruciatingly long, incredibly unnatural verbal exchange in which 3-4 total panels are copied and pasted at least two times each in random order to fill each page

>with Tony's wit as he himself mentors her.
>drug-dealer with an addiction issue mentors a black kid

2realistic4capeshit

I'm not triggered, but after how Bendis handled Miles and how he continues to handle him doesn't really give me high hopes for the character.

But I haven't even read his Iron man so what do I know?

>Civil War II
for what purpose

Someone took the Fe Male joke too far

Same guy. I'd add a little rebel side too, to separate her from the goody two shoes that is every other marvel teenager. Not rebel in the sense of "mom you don't understand", but often disobeying direct orders or going to some extremes to save the situation. Being a little risky, put herself in direct danger because if she believes there's a posibility of not fucking up she'll bet on it. I want to make that Riri.

Good luck doing that without making her an annoying twat.

Bendis is going to use this as the reason for her name thinking he's fucking clever, I just know it

Why would Bendis writing get me triggered? I don't understand user, he's not THAT bad of a writer.

>it's a character that will be dropped after a year episode

>Bendis

He hasn't written anything I've found palatable in... must be over a decade by now.

Death of Spider-man isn't that old.

I have some issues with it, mainly:
>Why not just bring back Rhodes' niece
>Why is she replacing Iron Man and not taking up the mantle of War Machine which is open right now
>How does her hair fit in that tiny helmet
But the only thing that comes close to triggering me is that Bendis is in charge

This, but with any luck that will mean she'll have a good run without getting stale.

This
I do not get it

Bendis will. She'll come back from the dead to see the new girl basically solo her previous archenemy (also back from the dead), tell the new girl she's totally legitimate and awesome and amazing, then take a bus out of state with her uncle before the universe is destroyed and then not recreated because Reed was too lazy
>Why is she replacing Iron Man and not taking up the mantle of War Machine which is open right now
Because War Machine is more guns and missiles and Ironman can be tweaked for electricity powers
>How does her hair fit in that tiny helmet
It venomblasts space until space gives up and lets her do what she wants

Honestly, if this was written by someone other than Bendis, I would actually be pretty curious about this.

But Bendis has spent the last year slowly gutting Miles of every shred of potential he had, and I expect him to do exactly the same with Ruri.

I'd be interested if this wasn't written by Bendis, to be honest.

>It venomblasts space until space gives up and lets her do what she wants
Okay I had a chuckle

I'm not mad,,, I'm just tired of this even some of my SJW friends are getting annoyed by this too.

Jesus, what happened to Miles?

I kind of stopped following after the 1610/616 server merger.

I'm only triggered by Bendis getting to write more books
all these old dudes suck at writing teenagers

>actually interested in picking it up to see where Bendis will take it
No.

he's still a precious Mary Sue shoehorned into every event and team and important thing and team-ups in other series but he's still boring
he's the opposite of every other teen hero who gets more interesting over time/with other writers

More interested in Infamous Iron Man desu.

The only thing that triggers me about this is that they expect her hair to fit perfectly into that helmet. I mean I know superhero comics require a significant amount of willing suspension of disbelief but come the fuck on

"Triggered" is what happens to people who DON'T get their shoehorned-in minorities.
I was Kiffed.

why is diversity= Black?
Black People truly are the white people of minorities

Who are the black people of minorities if the blacks are the whites?

Bendis is going to do what he always does.
One six month introductory arc
One filler arc
Event

There is no point to read his stuff.

In America, probably native americans.

>Haha those weirdos get all triggered and angry when they see things they don't like! On the other hand, when I see things I don't like, I am annoyed but calm and rational.

Would would some teenage black girl who , let's face it, is probably a liberal want to use the name of some old white guy conservative, who on several occasions has gone full Hitler?

>interested in picking it up
Well, maybe
>Bendis
Not anymore

Because with asians and latinos you can pretend that they are white. No one pretends that a black person is white.

Because its [CURRENT YEAR] and a female can be named Iron man

I think he's saying

"Progressives" get full of anger
I get full of despair

I really wouldn't give a damn beyond "oh look, they're doing it again" if it turned out to be a good book.

I just don't think that it will. Watch, if she's still around in a year we're going to have a Miles situation: literally all of her characterization will be done outside her own book.

>when I see things I don't like, I am annoyed but calm and rational
I can't really get angry at anything Marvel does at this point because I mostly don't really care.

I wouldn't even call it despair. More like I'm filled with apathy.

Like other people here said, I'm not against the character, but I don't really trust Bendis to be able to do a good work on it

On a secondary note, was it explicitly confirmed that she will be Iron Man?
Couldn't it be that they'll keep the name of the ongoing the same to boost the sales on name recognization while calling Riri Iron Girl or something like that?

He's not allowed to have anything interesting happen to him, basically. His supporting cast was gutted except for Ganke (who I'm not giving amazing chances), and his stories are as milquetoast as they can humanly be. Where Kamala has family dynamics and funny moments and genuine heroics and moments of humanity and doubt, Miles has "um"s and venom blasts.

I mean, come on. Miles was a PERFECT story seed. New kid stepping into some enormously big shoes after Ultimate Peter got the love of the public. Struggling on multiple fronts: asserting his new identity, balancing a full personal life with the heroic life, ghosts of the past coming for him. Eventually coming into his own and truly becoming Spider-man in the eyes of the world - not a shadow of Peter, but his own man.

And instead he just became a vacuous Bendis mannequin. Before you ask, yes, I mad.

I'm more bothered by her last name. Generic last names for blacks.

>bendis
>engaging story

just be glad they didnt give her a real black name like tashawndra or lexxxus

Her and Doom will be Ironman. They are trying to do what DC did when Superman died and multiple people took up the mantle.

Fucking SJW crybully feminazi regressive-left forced-diversity safespace hugbox PC-police tumblrina cultural-Marxist misandrist nerd-blackface antigamer trustfund-baby radfem betacuck white-genocide SocJus authoritarians.
Vote Trump.

This.

Also, how are you supposed to pronounce "riri"? Is it like rural, in which it's impossible with english 'R's?

Tonya would be there for the grabbing.

>I admit I'm looking forward to it as long as they give her an engaging story.

This is the attitude I had when Kamala Khan was announced, but at least her creative team gave the impression there was some genuine heart behind it.

Even ignoring the fact that Bendis's writing has been insufferable for years, nothing I've heard has indicated that she's anything more than a Poochie-style HIP NEW HOTNESS FOR TODAY'S KIDZ character.

How many new characters can you name from the last five years that really took off?

How many of them were and weren't legacy characters?

This

I'm not triggered and I'm also not going to pick it up. It looks okay.

I'm not triggered because I don't give a fuck about a C-list character like Iron Man.

It won't be engaging or interesting. It'll just be different. But most of the people saying they care either way would never have bought and never will buy an Iron Man comic.That's maybe the only triggering thing in this whole ordeal.

>next Iron Man will be a 15-year old black teenager and tech genius.

YESYESYESYES

>written by Bendis
Awwwww....

>all these old dudes suck at writing teenagers

Ultimate Peter was pretty likeable. Miles is blander than stale Wonderbread, but if he can give his newest minority character some actual personality than maybhahahahahaha what am I saying.

You don't have any friends.

>Bendis

No. Even if it wasn't Bendis I wouldn't care since publicity stunts via progressive pissing contest should never be encouraged

>C-list character like Iron Man.
Too fat

I am completely apathetic to it desu
I might read a storytime on here of it if I have nothing else to do but otherwise I just don't care

I've noticed this tends to get them overlooked when they are there, as Hispanics at least can pass as any color

Ree Ree
Or maybe they're going the Latino path and making it Readey but I doubt it

She won't wear a helmet because very little super heroines hide their faces which is stupid as all hell.

Seriously, Sup Forums eats that kind of shit up when they don't do things like, "Oh, they're taking over for an existing popular character." I understand some people's frustrations, but you have to understand why Marvel is doing stunts like this instead of just creating new characters. Back during the earlier days of comics, copyright wasn't what it is today and the company got full creative control and rights to these IPs, but now things have changed and while it's great for writers since they get a cut of what they created, it makes comic publishes extremely hesitant to create wholly new characters and IPs.

>take THAT, white men: the comic

I've 20k in savings and I'd put it all on strawmaning out the ass in the first issue

I dislike the fact that she's going to be giving up the cool homemade power armor for something more generic and "iron man"-y.

Rule of cool

Just get rid of the fucking afro. It literally will feel like hell in the helmet if she still has the hair.

She'll be forgotten in 3 - 5 years. Just think back on all of Bendis' OC...Miles is really the only survivor.

This is extremely important. They don't want to have to sign some percentage deal for a character in the chance it blows up and they just kissed away tens millions. They can just take your character/idea put it in a costume they have in the Marvel/DC closet already, and give you a one-time paycheck for your contracted work.

Dude...it's bendis...

>I admit I'm looking forward to it as long as they give her an engaging story.
I am triggered but I know it's going to suck anyway.

I could have handled a fat sassy black iron woman, but I've never met a nigrette who could be trusted with that kind of responsibility.

What gets me is how fast Bendis even forgets his own characters. He's so eager to move on that he just drops them all the time.

>Bendis

>Engaging story

Pick one.

>Diversity Push Character in the middle of enormous marketing bonanza
>literally looks like bendis's fetishistically adopted daughter
>teenager
>pushed during yet another of the big two's sale gimmicks that will sink multiple books with their awful wide reaching storyline
>Written by "The Writer, The Comic Book Writer, Man Who Writes Comic Books, Brian Micheal Bendis'
>same man who wrote Black Peter Parker and didn't do anything with him because he's an uncreative jackass who wanted to be known for making black spiderman
Her book will be shit until bendis is kicked off it or gets bored and moves onto something else. There will be no engaging story. If you're lucky there won't be much in the way of "I'M BLACK Y'ALL!" knowing marvel's current attempt to get sales via signal boosting from a media that will endlessly praise them for the 'bravery' of having a 15 year old that looks like a blaxploitation character I don't think much effort will be put into an engaging story.
She's a teenage cape character so once the marketing dazzle wears off she'll get forgotten for 5 years and then likely tossed in the meat grinder with all the other teen heroes so the next bout of fan fiction writers will have a clean slate.

trust me, there will be an arc where she doesn't have access to any of the fancier suits made by Tony or with his resources because reasons, prompting her to don her homemade armor

She could do what astronouts do and wear like a swimcap to keep her hair from getting in her way

steal it amd write it with expies, knowing marvel you'll do a better job than they ever will.

You know she's not going to wear that.

>353 KB JPG
>Is anyone else NOT triggered by this
I think it's a neat idea

>and actually interested in picking it up to see where Bendis will take it?

Oh, Bendis is behind this? Nothing good can come from it.

why is it that when ever a new black girl gets introduced (either as a new character or to replace an existing one) they Always have those ridiculous ugly afro hairstyles

How long will it take Marvel to dump Bendis (and Slott)?

>Just think back on all of Bendis' OC...Miles is really the only survivor.
Let's see:
>Jessica Jones
Got her own Netflix series.
>Mariah Hill
Been the off and on director of SHIELD for over a decade. Appeared in multiple MCU productions.
>Quake
Main character of Agents of SHIELD, which is going on its 4th season.
>Miles
Been around for years now, appeared in animated adaptations, and is fairly well known for a legacy character.

I dunno man, his track record with OCs seems pretty good.