The fuck did I just watch?

The fuck did I just watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MKyZ7R-tDQg
cinemablend.com/new/Dwayne-Johnson-Star-Big-Trouble-Little-China-Remake-Get-Details-71778.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TfAIGVDC3mg
youtube.com/watch?v=PkPNTUl0HxA
youtu.be/Gxs1XHIUdk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

haha dude me too I was like, wtf? hahaha

Possibly the most 80's movie of all time

In my top 5 favorite films. You just watched a masterpiece

Maybe my favorite Carpenter. It's pretty straightforward, so you'd have to be some sort of fucking retard to not understand it, but feel free to ask any questions if you were confused about something.

Why?

what about Thrashin'?
youtu.be/MKyZ7R-tDQg

Kino

Could it be made today?

What do you mean why why do you keep asking stupid vague questions

The best film I've ever watched. A masterpiece.

reddit: the movie

No ninjas

OP here, perhaps I should clarify. I thought the movie was fantastic, I was just surprised at how utterly nonsensical it was. I've never seen a movie that gives you exposition be having characters just say the plot that wasn't shit or a B movie.

>Maybe my favorite Carpenter
its great but definitely not better than escape from ny or the thing
How dare you

if you think this film is reddit, you are reddit

it will be
cinemablend.com/new/Dwayne-Johnson-Star-Big-Trouble-Little-China-Remake-Get-Details-71778.html

That would be The Warriors. Or Ice Pirates.

damn..

BIG TROMBONE
IN MAH VAGINA!

But that's how it always begins. Very small.

Such a great movie. The commentary with Kurt and John is worth listening to as well, they both love the movie so much.

>gives you exposition be having characters just say the plot
I guess it works because like us Jack has no idea what is going on and the plot advances so quickly that like Jack we don't have time to register everything

Why didn't Wizards sue?

Forget it OP, it's Big Trouble in Little China

Oh, you.

Its THE cult film

what were they ON when they mad it

Chinese black magic.

I would shoot your kneecaps out if I had the chance.

Beholder only has one central eye. Also it was still TSR at that point I think.

nigger please
youtube.com/watch?v=TfAIGVDC3mg

I want an order of orange chicken, hold the chicken user.

>A beholder has one central eye
A fleshy floating ball with eye tendrils and a big central eye is still a beholder, even if it has a few tiny eyes on the body that aren't on tentacles.

Re-watched this for the first time since I was a kid and certain bits on it are actually hilarious. I wasn't actually expecting it to be a comedy for some reason. I was only expecting cheese.

Too beta and autistic to "speak" to a lawyer.

Still looked better than the D&D movie beholder!

the warriors came out in 1979

Maybe they liked it, idk, I wondered that myself

Even with the ability to use the source material, they still turned it into a floating blood hound rather than an highly intelligent, natural born magic using predator.

Beholders will never get a proper representation.

>d-do i fit in yet?

How about the Evil Eye/Gazer in Dragon's Dogma?
youtube.com/watch?v=PkPNTUl0HxA

>"but call him a redditor and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back."
>"I've been found out"

ice pirates is amazing and more people should see it

THE GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME

/sarcasm
Aright, it's not as great as some claim. Kinda all over the place and there are some bits in the middle that add absolutely nothing. But it's good (mindless) popcorn-munching fun, and some truly bizarre quotable lines.

god yes this. I'm convinced anyone living in the 80's has seen it and they just don't admit it, considering it was on WGN or TBS every weekend

>definitely not better than escape from ny
I don't think Escape aged as well as Big Trouble. I rewatched it recently and it felt really slow. Still some great bits in there, but I'm not in a hurry to see it again.

>Dwayne Johnson
Getting pretty sick of seeing him everywhere

The part where Jack shoots his gun into the air then immediately gets knocked out by falling debris before the big fight still kills me

a shitty movie by a good director

fuckin masterpiece

>it gets the mummy treatment with a female edgelordess villain that's also grim and """"realistic""" tone so people understand its also sophisticated and not racist

FUCK

NO

Upvoted

Discount version of "The Golden Child"

I really fucking hate summerfags

the warriors isn't 80s at all

Kim Cattrall was INSANELY hot in this

It's funnier when you realize that Kurt Russel is actually the sidekick.

John Carpenter was going to direct that but made this instead

Yeah, the Golden Child was much darker too.

Why is Carpenter the best director ever m8s?

Thing, Escape and China all have this vibe to them that's nothing like anything else I've seen before or after

My favorite film of all time.

So it's the original Fury Road?

>have ya paid your dues jack?
>yes sir the check is in the mail!

You leave Jack Burton alone

It's the anti- 'white action hero saves the day' movie, which were popular at the time. Like if John Wayne was in a Jackie Chan movie and didn't realise he was totally irrelevant because Jackie Chan was the hero. Carpenter nailed the satire with constant winks to the audience.

It made a lot more sense to me after I took a friend to see Zu: Warriors of the Magic Mountain
youtu.be/Gxs1XHIUdk8

It's no Gleaming the Cube.

fucking retard

Big Trouble in Little China
I mean the title is right fuckin' there!