Opinions on the new season? I like how they turned it into a straight up comedy

Opinions on the new season? I like how they turned it into a straight up comedy.

I think they've translated the tone of the comic to the modern day and TV very well, I'm looking forward to seeing Herr Starr and other characters.

It could be very well worst show period.
It is not bad in "The Room" way
It is just bad.
I never seen something as unfunny with S trier acting and S stands for Shity not star/super.

I would even say that "angel" or whatever has best acting skills of those people.

Nigro woman has hands down the worst acting skills that i've seen in last 5years including bollywood movies.

It is the "Pull my finger" "fart!" "hahahaha" style of comedy. It is so bottom barrel that you really may think this "genesis" thing will slowly pull you to the hell.

The first two episodes were miles ahead of last season. It just feels all around better... better writing, shooting, editing etc.

I really think the Monday night time slot is going to help ratings so it won't have to go up against GoT.

if this aint bait, you'd hate the comics too then as Preacher lives for that kind of humour

the angels are the best characters on the show, hands down.

the cowboy killer guy's intro, the hell scene was the best part of s1

Yeah I've had my fair share of fart jokes from south-park and shit like dumb and dumber.
Well if you claim it at least follows the source material,that is positive thing even tho I m not exactly fan.

One thing is for sure,s2 seems to be quite a lot better than s1 so far. [even tho i did not finish whole s1 because it went nowhere and it felt like unfunny filler before something happens]

Cowboy dude is too one dimensional,at least angel mentioned something about his "family" that may spice things up. Or to lead nowhere like it did so many times in this show.

I admit I liked the killing scenes from latest episodes as they remind of kill-bill a little. [not the hand to hand combat that is just pure shit]

I'm enjoying it, fuck the comic-book fags

>that scene with the cancer kid
Glad it left all seriousness behind.

>fuck the comic-book fags

this should be Sup Forums's motto

>being this autismo

You can't always get the characters you concoct in your stupid head.

As a Sup Forums fag, I love both the show and comic. The comic as a straight up adaptation would suck because everything about it is 90s as fuck

It also has one of the worst endings in comics

>Opinions on the new season?
Blackwashed Tulip the whitest character in comic books ever

The show is pretty good I am enjoying the hell out of it. The angel just commuting suicide over and over again was hilarious.

Refer to

Wait, the new season started? I haven't seen a single fucking thing for it since last season, and Sup Forums liked that a lot.

I watched both episodes TWICE trying to give it a chance but it simply couldn't hold my attention. I really liked the first season, which is why I kept giving it a chance. I don't know why I'm not feeling it this time. Perhaps I need to rewatch the first season to get into the groove.

>Sup Forums liked that a lot
I'm guessing you're new?

I was in the live threads dipshit, Sup Forums liked the show a lot. I've been here since fucking L O S T had live threads. You're statistically the newfag.

There's nothing else like it on TV at the moment... it's batshit crazy, has a huge budget and the three leads are extremely watchable.

I really like it but I can still see it getting cancelled after this season, which is a fucking shame

user I remember a fuckton of people shitting on it. Mostly because muh tulip is black. Don't get me wrong I like the show but 75% of last year's threads were just people shitting on it.

Is this show not doing well ratings wise? I thought it was popular enough.

>MUH BLACK

Not an argument. I remember those posts too, but this had literally nothing to do with the quality of the show. They could have had any number of reasons to not like it, but changing a single character from white to black isn't one. Particularly since Tulip's race isn't important at all. The lack of the fucking mullet was a bigger problem, although they did show it in the flashback.

The only gripe I have with her is that her acting is somewhat questionable.

>actress
>good

It's whatever. Also, isn't Tulip's actress half a Jew? If she is, that's probably why she was picked as opposed to being some kinda quadroon.

>I like how they turned it into a straight up comedy
No

The only enjoyable thing is realizing that Seth Rogan browses Sup Forums

So I'm expecting increased internet marketing. and read through the thread and fucking called it.

This is a stoner comedy. It is as if some deadbeat stoner read the preacher, watched Pineapple express and said dude their so much alike!

The best actor is the angel, Cassidy is second but I think that might just be his accent. Nigger can't act

The editing and sound direction is atrocious with terrible acoustic awareness and many scenes just feeling like someone forgot to cue the music and a constant sequence of action, exacerbated, slow, and then Tom and Jerry shenanigans and done. It's low bar and obviously a stoners mentality.

The tension is absolutely non-existent. Only time tension was felt was in S1 when Arseface was sent to hell and Jessie wanted to get him back. It was genuinelly interesting and had hope for character development. S2 has already thrown that out the window feet first.

The first 4 episodes of S1 got me to read the comics. Tonally, characterization, and themes/morals ARE COMPLETELY LOST.

The fucking comic wasn't even that good is was a nice read but not stand out and this show just shit on everything which I'm assuming the creator finds hilarious because "dude shit" and he probably laughed reading this.

All the stoner needed to do was follow the principle themes and ideas but he couldn't even do that.

As far as AMC goes it's not doing Halt and Catch Fire bad, but it's no Walking Dead either. It's not even a Better Call Saul. Hell, even the last season of Hell on Wheels was getting better ratings than the current season of Preacher is.

>MUH COMICS
Absolute non-argument

I haven't read the comics but I'm enjoying it
the tulip x cassidy shit seems unnecessary, was that in the comics?

>Muh comic
Muh I didn't fucking read. The comics were decent nothing amazing hell the first 4 episodes of S1 I thought were great and got me to read the comics. Sadly S1 went to shit shortly after and S2 shows no change in thought or production.

It feels a little different from last season. I don't like that genesis doesn't effect the Saint. I also don't understand why Herr Starr was in 10 seconds of a cold open last season, and nothing since then. Unless you read the books, nobody is going to remember seeing him.

I really liked the nod to Jesse's coffin with the fish tank in the background.

Fuck, I love this show.

Tulip is a little better this season than the last, but she's still really grating. They shouldn't have let Dominic Cooper get his actual girlfriend cast. At least she's been the butt of the joke a couple times like with the foreskins in skin cream and having to siphon gas with intestines her damn self if she wanted to save her car so bad. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in season 1 it felt like she was just crabby all the time and was never put to task.

What characters you retard?
Show would need to introduce some in first place.

Preacher is so goddamn watchable and refreshing in the way it doesnt take its self remotely serious - looking forward to the rest of the season desu