blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/xx/xx/The-Halo-Bulletin-xxxxxx.aspx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E3gUpIPdopo
youtube.com/watch?v=9Umi1QRNeVY
youtube.com/watch?v=czHUHefk6kw
youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM
youtube.com/watch?v=3clrnn59qF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Halo 1 was the only good Halo story. All comics by definition have to be shit by nature of not being the Halo 1 story.

Actually, Halo 2 was the best Halo story.

I stopped paying attention after Halo 3. Did I miss anything significant? The only parts of Halo 3 I remember are something about bombing Africa to stop the flood and nerfed SCARB fights.

Halo CE > Halo 2 > ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 4 = Reach > Halo 5

Actually ODST is the best story.

Actually Reach is the bsst story.

Well, it started going to shit after Halo 3.
Halo Reach was medioce and introduced a lot of unnecessary controversial stuff that changed Halo for IMO the worse.

After Reach 343i took over and that's when it just turned to full shit. Halo 4's campaign was shit, story was decent (some really liked it though), multiplayer was a shitfest. So the population died after just a few weeks.
After that 343i released The Master Chief Collection for Xbox One, Halo 1-4 in one game. That shit was broken at launch though, and still is. Literally unplayable.
And then Halo 5, which probably has the worst story fo all the games.

You missed a lot. Chief came back from space, Cortana died but not really. Then a few years later Cortana come back and has now taken over the galaxy.

Reach is cliche as fuck. If you felt sorry for team Dead Meat you're a gullible idiot.

I felt sorry for poor old Jorge

After Halo 3, Thel 'Vadam went to work to create a more peaceful and unified Sangheili government, but there were still those that felt either that the Forerunner really were gods, or that humans must be wiped out before they strike back at them.

One Elite, Jul 'Mdama, thought the Forerunners were idiots and wanted to eradicate the humans before they inevitably tried to take revenge on them, but was rebuffed by Thel. Jul eventually found out that ONI has been supplying the Arbiter's opposition with a ton of weapons, but then got captured by them and experimented on, with ONI admitting they're trying to make the Sangheili destroy themselves and then mopping up any lingering resistance.

Jul was able to escape, but not before hearing that ONI killed his wife. So he created his own Covenant to take revenge.

And that's a short version of what happened between 3 and 4.

Eh, they're close.

Jorge was like the only Spartan I actually cared about in Reach. He actually seemed like a real person.
It's too bad they killed him off early.

Who had the most shit death though?
It has to be Kat right?
>Oh my shields are off
>Headshot
>Ded

Halo 2>Reach>Halo:CE=Halo 3>ODST>Halo 4>Halo 5

Dude, all of Halo is pretty cliche. And I did feel sorry for them because it's a great story. Also RIP Jorge, best Spartan

>I heard that you had a waifu

>Who had the most shit death though?
Just Reach? Then yeah, probably Kat.

In the franchise? Probably either Jul or Miranda.

And just like that, the best ass in all of Halo was gone.

Why are Bungie so good at designing rears?

I was so disappointed when I found out they killed Jul just like that.
They had such an in depth Sangheili character that wasn't the Arbiter and wasted him in the first few minutes of a cutscene...

>Halo comics
OH BOY IS IT TIME TO STORYTIME HALO: ESCALATIONS???

If anyone has them, do it
I wanna see how they waste the Didact a second time!

I'm still holding out for a really shitty retcon, like a body double, or him being only *nearly* dead. Probably not very good writing, but Jul deserves better.

Mediafire link is private??
>Captcha is 117

They really should just declare Halo 5 non-canon and redo it with Didact instead.
Have Jul be alive, actually give us the story about Chief going rogue that they promised and no evil Cortana out of nowhere.

>The Return - youtube.com/watch?v=E3gUpIPdopo
I eagerly anticipate the sequel to this in Halo: Fractures.

>the top tier Halo 5 marketting campaign that looked super interesting
>the boring ass awful story we wnded up with
Why

Brian Reed.

That'd be awesome if such a thing were feasible. Though retconning a multi-million dollar game that took three years to make probably wouldn't go over too well in 343 or Microsoft.

Never forget
youtube.com/watch?v=9Umi1QRNeVY
youtube.com/watch?v=czHUHefk6kw

I'll story time when we get correct links. These links are the links from /vg/ and they're broken.

They could have Halo 6 start with Chief waking up from cryosleep on Forward Unto Dawn (now looking like it did in Halo 3) and immediately saying "Huh, it was all just a dream?" and Cortana greeting him with "Sleep well?" and Chief answers "No thanks to your driving... Yes. ".

Would characters created after Halo 3 still exist in this hypothetical?

>have the opportunity to make a 343i game non-canon and redo the story
>wants to take this opportunity to insert MORE forerunner garbage into the mix, instead of starting with actually good things
no thanks

I don't see why they couldn't.
The things 343i have come up with are pretty neat, they just used them poorly. So definitely keep the new stuff, just use it in a better way.
They could redo it better as well though.

>I don't see why they couldn't.
Good, good. Jul is my husbando.

what's everybody thoughts and opinions about halo: escalation and halo: legends?

>private folder
I hope somebody upload them in zippyshare in official win'o thread in next days

How hard does the Fall of Reach show fuck up the book? Also what would you recommend for people just getting into the Halo EU?

Good story, shit art.

I'm trying to get access now, I'll replace it with a MEGA link once I get everything squared away.

Yeah, so same opinion as me. That art was really cheap besides good plot necessary to understand a little bit halo:guardians.

If you can read a novel no problem, read The Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx. The rest of the EU branches out from those 3 books.

>halo: escalation
It had some good ideas here and there, like with Chris Schlerf building up to something interesting in his first few issues with Scruggs talking about the corruption in the UEG, the trouble on Sanghelios, and Palmer slowly learning that the world isn't so black and white as she thinks. But then he left Halo, and those plot points were discarded.

Though I really like the new character introduced, Ayit 'Sevi. He's cute.

Legends had some neat things, but the art was questionable for several shorts.

The animated adaption doesn't even get to the actual fall of Reach. And fucks up John's characterization and makes him seem like a psychopath in the ODST boxing scene.

Thanks in advance I use halo 5 guardians days for free last week and I enjoyed a lot firefight, campaign was OK it feels you need a lot EU to understante and I only watch legends, that spartan locke tv series, that blue team 5 members secret origns and halo comics.

I just couldn't help but laugh when that scene came up. Weren't there four ODSTs though?

>it feels you need a lot EU to understante
That sad thing is, only barely. Halo 5's plot almost doesn't build off anything from previous media, despite what 343 might say. So many lore guys were confused by it as well.

>They could redo it better as well though.
Then they'd have to retcon a lot of Halo 4.

I wonder if I spilled my multiplayer autism in this thread if it would get deleted

holy shit, so I hope they explain a lot in halo 6 even in files like gears o resident evil.

>Weren't there four ODSTs though?
Yup. And the point of the scene was that he had not realized his new strength and how devastating his attacks were.

Go for it, as long as your opinions match my own.

They even marketed the game as having a completely different plot.
I've been playing a shitload since the infection and firefight updates.

Fall of Reach is actually the only good Halo story. Nothing particularly interesting in CE.

>even in files like gears o resident evil.
Seriously, if they don't want to organically explain EU stuff in 6, at least do things like that.

Yeah, in the movie he was very aggressive rather than being in the defensive. He was the one being attacked after all.

>They even marketed the game as having a completely different plot.
It's a sad thing when the marketed plot is better than the actual plot.

GLASSED PLANETS HAVE BAD RECORDS

>ywn play a retconning post-Halo 3 game with the art-style of Reach, the gameplay of 2 and a story written by Staten

Man, Sully is so full of shit.

;-;

>tfw thinking Hunt The Truth's plot would be involved with the plot of Halo 5
>tfw Hunt the Truth season 1 was GOAT and season 2 was just 'okay'.

Wonder how different Requiem will be and what secrets might contain in a retconned Reclaimer Saga

I still think Halo 5 went under major rewrites and that S1 of HtT was reflective of H5s original story and that S2 was them cleaning up for the rewritten plot

Agreed.
I was so hype with all the ONI damage controlling and conspiracy shit

>I still think Halo 5 went under major rewrites
I can't see anything else being true.

>I was so hype with all the ONI damage controlling and conspiracy shit
Everything was leading up to it! Even the first damn cutscene of Halo 5 that had no relevance to the rest of the game.

Man I want to play a Halo game that has the same play style as Star Wars Battlefront II.
Marines are regular troops
ODST are specialized units
Spartans can be Heroes and only one can be deployed on the field.

or just give me a new ODST game

All yall forgetting the best game with the best story.
It's like you're not even fans.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM

oh wait, this is Sup Forums
woops.

Man I want an ODST cartoon.

So what do you think about the sequel?

>Halo 4 could instead of been Halo: Reclaimer 1
>could have introduced Locke as the main character then wth talk of Chief as humanites saviour
>could have been about Locke finding out why Chief was so important in the Forerunners plan
>could have been about meeting up with the Halo 5 team
>twist is that its about Locke reclaiming Humanity/Spartans from ONI, not the Forerunners

I actually haven't played or watched Halo Wars but with 2 coming to PC and including an updated port of 1 I'm gonna wait till then

The Halsey opening was pretty darn cool
youtube.com/watch?v=3clrnn59qF8
And yeah, I wonder if they will actually add any of the ONI stuff they teased, in the next one or if they're going to continue with the trainwreck that is evil Cortana.

A Halo game I've been thinking about lately would be a sort of horror-ish game. You play as a team of spec-ops Sangheili sent to a radio-dead supercarrier to see what its deal is, and get it operational again. But once they get inside, they learn there's more to the mission than it seems.

Atriox is cute.

Who was Jul and why did people care about him?

>elite zealots' shields drop in a single burst of SMG fire
>arbiter shields withstand a full second of assault rifle fire without bursting (which they can't)
>somehow drop when a normie human shoves a knife in it, despite this
I hate inconsistency like this

Story Time!

>>Even the first damn cutscene of Halo 5 that had no relevance to the rest of the game.
The worst offender was the cutscene of when Halsey arrived to Infinity's bridge.
>"Cortana's alive?"
>"How is she-?"
>"How is it that-?"
>"This isn't about the Master chief."
>mfw
>"Hey! Is anyone going to answer me?"
>Scene cuts to black before anyone has a chance to explain

>343 tries to show off Spartan Palmer with plans to make her new protag
>fans hate her because she has no real character and is not a self insert like Chief originally was
>343 makes Locke but they fucked up again
>at least they gave him character and background that is reasonable and actually oresent in the game
>oh but wait he's still an unlikeable douche who's 'background' is almost assassinating the fanbase's favorite character and working for the shadiest organization in the galaxy
Fuck, just keep the protag Chief or make it the player's spartan like in Reach.

This guy. He's a pretty sympathetic guy, especially when it turns out he was right the whole time, since ONI is trying to commit genocide on the Sangheili. And he gets tortured, experimented on, and his family murdered as a result of him looking into the ONI situation.

Aw yeah, this is a good one. Thanks!

I always liked the idea of an FTLesque game where you run a ship of ragtag aliens who all act and operate differently

Hey that dropship actually did something in canon, neat.

I liked him because he wasn't your regular AHAHAHAHAH I AM EVIL sort of bad guy.
He was sympathetic and had a believable cause.

One of my favorite characters.

>"Why is Cortana a problem? Because she refused to die when she was supposed to?"

No Roland. She's a problem because the smartest woman humanity has believes she is raising Guardians and completely obliterating numerous colonies, killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of innocent beings. That's why she's a problem.

>Scene cuts to black before anyone has a chance to explain
That happens a LOT in the game, huh? Got pretty annoying.

That cutscene absolutely made no sense. How did he know Cortana's intentions that she did not want to die?

Kusovai a cute.

I don't have a problem with Locke outside of him maybe not realizing that Chief knows what he's doing and maybe being a bit too much of a lapdog but that was meant to be part of his arc.

Palmer is just a dumb bitch who 343 wanted to be renegade femShep but ended up being a dumb, annoying bitch