ITT: Underappreciated Shows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI
youtube.com/watch?v=O8TvVg56V1o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Moral_Orel_characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doesn't everyone here love morel orel?

Well, it doesn't get talked about that often since it's DED, but pretty much everyone who has seen it fully has liked it. Moral Orel pops up every now and then on Sup Forums and usually it's just circlejerking over the Nature episodes and Mountain Goats. But it's a great series, I think the best scene was Clay's drunken monologue in the bar in S3.
I need to watch this show again.

I actually met the voice of Clay, Scott Adsit, at DragonCon last year. I was the last person in his autograph line where everyone just fangirled over him in Big Hero 6 (he was Baymax). We shoock hands and when I handed him my Moral Orel DVD his eyes lit up and we discussed the show for awhile. He was so fucking nice.

damn I'm jealous, what did you discuss exactly?

Cooooool.
And also this , please do tell if you remember.

I really don't like the first season

I'd of thought more knew him from 30 rock

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI

Dino explained that season one was always supposed to be this generic 2 dimensional introduction that expanded in seasons 2 and 3 and became darker as it progressed.

>not on Netflix or watchcartoons

Pure shitshow

I AM DROWNING

Seems to be on Kisscartoon.

We discussed the failings of a stagnant economy where the highest local government position is still referred to as a "desd end job". We talker about how he readalot of books about emotional abuse as well as how he interviewed various people who were victimized by their fathers. How he felt about the role. Things like that. Id be happy to answer any more specific questions, if possible.

Thanks! It was my con highlight. Next Moral Orel thread Ill post my pic of him and of a sketch he made and signed for me featuring clay and baymax.

I asked him alot of 30 Rock stuff too. Tracy Jordan was terrifying to work with sometimes. Tina Fey is awesome. Apparently only 3 people, including me, knew he was in 30 Rock. Like he was so greatful that he met an actual FAN of his work, didnt charge me for the photo or illustration or autograph.

>We talker about how he readalot of books about emotional abuse as well as how he interviewed various people who were victimized by their fathers. How he felt about the role.
As someone who has always liked psychology, this is interesting. Care to tell more about what he read, what was his thoughts, did he give the writers any feedback on how to write Clay or did he just try to incorporate it into his VA work?
In other words, anything you got about this subject would be welcome, please. It's not often something like this pops up.
And please do post.

Honestly one of the best speeches in any TV show.

Yeah I found this interesting as well. Also please apologize for all the spelling errors in my last post, that was just embarrasing.

Anyway, while he didnt tell me any specific titles he read, theres apparently ALOT of it out there. Im sure a quick google search will yield results.

He often thought about the pain that was inflicted onto these people and would ¨work backwards¨. Like, ¨What would I have to do or say to make someone feel this way¨and based his voice work off that idea.

The writers were always very open to suggestions from him, but apparently Scott typically loved everything they had written as is. I mean, youve seen the show. Clay is a chilling downright haunting character. Scott himself is a very funny, charismatic person, which just shows the range hes capable of.

I asked him if he ever actually drank while recording lines. He just kinda laughed and avoided the question. I didnt push it, take that however you want.

Very interesting. Not that it's super surprising that an actor does research for a character they play but still, seeing how much thought he put into his VA work "in a cartoon" (not that cartoons can't be a good medium for more intricate stories) amazes me. And agreed, Clay was a very broken, fucked up person, but still humane in a way.

youtube.com/watch?v=O8TvVg56V1o

Would you watch a new season of MO about adult Orel?

I... cried while watching this show.

>While Clay tries to maintain the facade that his life is perfectly happy, he is ultimately a pathetic, cruel, worthless, self-pitying, misogynistic, emotionally immature and self-centered man who no longer cares for anyone but himself.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Moral_Orel_characters

What the fuck, wikipedia? Hasn't he had enough abuse from Arthur?
Totally biased/10. Clay did nothing wrong.

>self-centered man who no longer cares for anyone but himself.
how can you get a character this much wrong?
It's obvious that he hated himself because he couldn't be a better father

I think whoever wrote that has some daddy issues

This show was fucking godawful ugly, to the point where it was genuinely unpleasant to watch. I found I enjoyed it a lot more when I put it on in the background to listen to, and didn't look at the screen.

I also found it amusing how ugly bitchy hag Aunt Bernice accidentally had far more sex appeal then any of the thin waisted, barrel chested, wide shouldered bimbos that were supposed to be the epitome of sex. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just a fuck-up in the art department, it seems too convenient to say it's some kind of satire when every part of the art was fucked.

>see's no Superjail

That last season was ridiculous a.f.

It's on Hulu, if you have it.

>recommend orel to a friend
>says he doesnt like the animation style and doesnt watch more than an episode

Stone Quackers

forgot pic

how can people dislike stop motion??

I assumed Before Orel established him as only being interested in parenting to spite his father.

I'd love to meet Scott Adsit.

never forget

God dammit

Magic

that's one way to grab attention for your post.

RIP.
The online clips were always better, but it was still a very fun 3 seasons. His next show looks pretty bad tho.

Man i want Life in the dreamhouse back so badly.

Also fuck you nickelodeon for not making this a permanent on air series instead of just airing 2 specials.

also Raquelle and skipper best girls

I watched the whole serious on Hulu. I never knew that show was good.

I bought the blurays. I really enjoyed the show

Hell yeah motherfucker.

The worst part is that the ADHD block is cancelled and we'll never get another season. I remember finding an article or an interview with the creator (Ben Jones) and he said thee was plans for another season.

>nothing left to do but kill it.