Brazilians are making a soap opera about a fictional based Portuguese middle ages

>Brazilians are making a soap opera about a fictional based Portuguese middle ages
>Portuguese castles are shit tier
>Portuguese medieval era weren't this glorious, not even close

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

youtu.be/Vz1koZ17XFI

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfDNIYEG_w
youtube.com/watch?v=6nhhrMVnRH0
youtube.com/watch?v=9F7AldQw-SE
youtube.com/watch?v=BI-Q8yBoV2o
youtube.com/watch?v=bwrJYYajkH4
youtube.com/watch?v=bXTTrtNsPSg
youtube.com/watch?v=fOWCnMwBJL0
youtube.com/watch?v=BB0re2cOY3A
youtube.com/watch?v=8vsigya-vH8
youtube.com/watch?v=oFhTp2eQgQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Brazilians are making a soap opera about a fictional based Portuguese middle ages

Source?

The cast is pred. Med also with Portuguese actors

Slavic castles are the best.

No wonder Game of Thrones is filmed in Croatia

1-They all speak brazillian portuguese
2-The castles or whatever the fuck are not real sets and are in brazil rather than portugal
3-Our castles are alright

>The castle is a pic of Ronda Pshop'd

Wait, brazilian soap operas a thing in Romania?

I am jelly of this colonial mentality of theirs. Imagine how cool would be if another country was in awe at everything you country has or did, and keeps flattening it by just making shit up.

Just like a pupil goes all pompous like just to impress the teacher.

Ah, how I wish Italy had something like this. I'm thinking of worthy places such as Eritrea or something.

Your best bet is Argentina.

>The castles or whatever the fuck are not real sets and are in brazil rather than portugal
Huh, isn't Brazil visibly different from Portugal, in terms of climate and vegetation?

>This thread
>self BTFO

Jesus man, stick to slipposting on Sup Forums

ok

>he doesn't know

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDfDNIYEG_w

so what?

they do soap operas like gypcies steal copper cables, they also like """historical""" plots, so it would be a mater of time til they got to us

some reach here, generaly due to suggestive content (escrava isaura and essas mulheres come to mind) and also because we are even worse at soap operating

Its going to flop, the only way it becomes popular is if they portray everyone as retarded, thats their historical dramas about Portugal, making up shit so they can blame their situation on retarted colonizers.

Not to mention portuguese people are actually white.

kek, nordicks have to use m*d scenery

I'm not watching it but when I think medieval England is the first to come to mind...

>I'm thinking of worthy places such as Eritrea or something
I met a lot of refugees from Eritrea in Greece. They love Italy and wish the Italians would come back. They were bragging about all the Italian words in their language and calling Asmara the "Rome of the Red Sea" lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=6nhhrMVnRH0

>Reino de Montemor

youtube.com/watch?v=9F7AldQw-SE

It doesnt look to be very inspired in medieval Portugal, tsu poster lied.

>Ronda
reeeeeeee

Bullshit

jon snow was born in Spain, though

This is not related to Portugal this is probably something based on Game of Thrones. History of Portugal is pretty islamophobic.

>1-They all speak brazillian portuguese
You know that our version of portuguese is way more similar to the portuguese spoke in the middle age, right?

What the fuck are you talking about? We have made soap operas about morocco and india

I will never forget the soap operas about clones, and the other one about vampires...

Enough of this stupid ass meme.

neither of our languages is anywhere near 1300's portuguese

-Br-Pt - bastardized version of 17th century, cosmopolitan portuguese (marquês do Pombal did nothing wrong). It is certainly more "refined" for the tastes of that time, but nowadays it's just odd. Also you have evolved the language all over the place so I can't generalize further.

Pt-Pt - macarronic, peasant speak. There is no way around this, we speak more or less like the peasantry spoke. In some regions this is hilariously notorious (see interior north, there are still places where j and ch are pronounced as x). Needless to say we butchered the language with practical misuse, just like the peasantry had botched latin centuries before.

The old portuguese was a high language, used in the whole peninsula for lyrical purposes. Likewise modern castillian was born in a monastery (in soria, I think), so that castille could have its own high language however the peasants spoke old castillian anyway.

Anyway, the 1300's portuguese would be a fusion of coimbra accent with asturian and galician influences (mostly conjugation)

our middle age portuguese is more similar to Galician, fucking ape.

Go back to your tomb you fucking Vampire

That's not a meme, you stupid ass nigger, that's what philologists believe!

What next?
Portuguese is the world's hardest language, right?

Wasn't Portuguese and Galician back then one language?

Is it still now?

(Not the one you're quoting.)
You're oversimplifying it.

Nobody actually "speaks" pt_BR or pt_PT. The distinction between both is arbitrary and based on "who you pay taxes to", not actual linguistic features, at most they're some *very loose* standards.

What people actually speak are Estremenho Portuguese, Alentejan Portuguese, Paulista Portuguese, Baiano, etc. etc.

There must be some truth to it. If you listen to galician the pronunciation is closer to ours. If you listen to spanish the vowels are open just like ours. These languages all have a common ancestor. So what's more likely. They had open vowels originally and then PT changed its pronounciation or they all spoke like pt people and then galician and spaniards decided to open their vowels?

An example of galician:

>Wasn't Portuguese and Galician back then one language?
It was considered a single language in 1300 or so. "Old Portuguese", "Old Galician" and "Galician-Portuguese" are synonymous.

Nowadays people consider them separated languages for political reasons, but there's a high degree of mutual intelligibility between both. (In fact, sometimes Galician is easier to understand than certain other Portuguese dialects.)

Yes it was one language. Galician is almost the same as Portuguese when written to me lol
It sounds like Portuguese spoken by spaniards
here an example:

>Portuguese is the world's hardest language, right?
There's no intrinsically "harder" or "easier" language, it all depends where you're coming from. For example English is a pain in the ass for Japanese speakers, but easy peasy for German speakers.

>There must be some truth to it. If you listen to galician the pronunciation is closer to ours. If you listen to spanish the vowels are open just like ours.
>ours
Are you also Sulista by any chance?
Case in point yes, Galician is fairly conservative. Spanish too with the vowels. SOME South American Portuguese dialects too (primarily Sulista and Gaúcho, but Paulistano too to a smaller degree.)

Deus salve o rei, na Globo

It's about two fictional Middle Ages kingdoms, not Portugal.

| Galician ain't Medieval Galicianwith"Doma y castración del Reino de Galicia with castellation" and diglossia with Castillian. It evolved too in some aspects.

>What people actually speak are Estremenho Portuguese, Alentejan Portuguese, Paulista Portuguese, Baiano, etc. etc.

Portugal is actually a bit unusual in that the "average" accent is actually coincidentally spoken (from around Coimbra to around Leiria).

Brazilian Portuguese has the concept of "average Brazilian Portuguese" that isn't spoken everywhere, since each region varies something from the idea.

Portuguese does have more complex phonology than all Romance other main languages (Brazilian even moreso, iirc) and we use a couple of weird/archaic grammatical structures.

This is where the meme comes from, but it's totally self-important bullshit.

formal Brazilian portuguese is literally the same as pt-pt
It's like we speak two languages. a formal version and an informal version
Some politicians liked to speak very formally like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=bwrJYYajkH4

Some people say we have a case of diglossia

Only grammatically, you can still tell he's not Portuguese.

I for one would love if Brazil (and Portugal) went back to a more formal and dignifying grammar, even as far as to use the second person plural (like they do in the north interior of Portugal).

You guys also use the future and conditional a lot more than us, which is nice. We always use the English-bastardised versions of it.

Those mutts are a joke indeed.

Ah yeah the phonology is different. Another place where they try to speak as formal as possible in the supreme court. even when they fight they try to be as eloquent as possible lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=bXTTrtNsPSg

>Nowadays people consider them separated languages for political reasons
Because they aren't same thing.
see:

Yeah, you can tell they are making a lot of effort not to slip back into coloquial.

I know it's a tired meme that Europe is a classier continent, but I'd really like if Brazilian Portuguese converged towards us, as opposed to increasingly going more open like Spanish.

Quiet, calm Brazilian Portuguese is very nice to listen to.

Galician and Portuguese are effectively dialects of the same language, with the former having much more Castilian influence (as of the past century) and following the Central Iberian standards of writing (ñ, ll). as opposed to Western Iberian (nh, lh, from Eastern Occitan) or Eastern Iberian (gn, gl).

You still can't tell rural Galician from rural northern Portuguese, the problem being that the rural exodus is making these examples rarer and rarer.

hahahahahaha you're a fucking retard if you think the slavs living in southern europe is anything like the abomination in eastern europe

>lot of effort not to slip back into coloquial
>it's a tired meme that Europe is a classier continent

not really, we went on formal mode in every professional occasion, colloquial is for friends and family. We do this since we were kids thats not an effort. I see this on americans too, and spanish speakers.
You also don't sound classic to us, you sound outdated like and 80 years old pt immigrant, since you didn't change over time.

I hope Brazil changes this perception around, so that Euro Portuguese is seen as classy as British English is in America, so I can go there and have all the cuties after me, no effort.

I'm counting on you, Brazil.

what the fuck are you even talking about, moor? nobody speaks british english in america

Just to make it clear: This rude poster isn't the one who you replied to here (me)

youtube.com/watch?v=fOWCnMwBJL0
Not be rude to my countryman but this is he what is trying to say

In neither case you have an "average", but rather something based on Coimbra+Lisbon at one side and "Paulistano with a thick Baiano accent" at the other.

>Portuguese does have more complex phonology than all Romance other main languages (Brazilian even moreso, iirc) and we use a couple of weird/archaic grammatical structures.
Considering phonology alone, my bet would be French. It allows almost anything in coda, it has a bazillion vowels (including front rounded and arguably long vs. short distinction), and the liaison patterns where a phoneme "reappears" in counter-intuitive ways (for example historical H triggering or not liaison depends on the etymology). On the other hand, contemporary spoken French has simpler conjugations than Portuguese, specially for pro-drop dialects.

>Galician ain't Medieval Galicianwith"Doma y castración del Reino de Galicia with castellation" and diglossia with Castillian. It evolved too in some aspects.
This. So much this.

Castilian influence over Galician is overrated. Most differences arise from stuff Portuguese changed - for example, deletion of coda /n/ and /m/ and the resulting vowel nasalization.

You could still argue both Gal and Por are separated dialects from the same language; it works if you compare [say] Faro vs. A Coruña, but it breaks if you add northern Portugal, the thing is a continuum.

>t. achmed

>This rude poster
How the fuck I was rude? Fuck you dumb passive faggot cuckold

>Huh, isn't Brazil visibly different from Portugal, in terms of climate and vegetation?
Brazil is visibly different from Brazil, in terms of climate and vegetation.

Let this sink a bit for a moment.

I don't think they make an effort because they speak like that all the time and that job is for life. They speak with latin expressions and dense law jargon.
youtube.com/watch?v=BB0re2cOY3A

>Portugal is actually a bit unusual in that the "average" accent is actually coincidentally spoken (from around Coimbra to around Leiria).
I've never been able to tell the difference in accents in this central region plus Lisbon, Setúbal and the whole Ribatejo. To me, it's all central accent. In other words, the "standard" portuguese accent.

actually I can tell there's a northern accent a few km north of coimbra already

L*sboners say "cumo" and "vermalho", as opposed to "como" and "vermelho". Leiria also does this a bit.

Central Coimbra is the "neutral one", but outside the city you already get accents (os olhos becomes "ojolhos" instead of "osolhos" and people slur a bit the further north you go until you start getting the Viseu accent and eventually Arouca.

>cumo
Thought this was just an old fashioned way of pronouncing the word. Sounds odd, but I seldom hear it.
I'll give you "vermalho" though. Hard to distinguish if it's an A or an E there most of the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vsigya-vH8
which dialect does he have? Is it a slavic dialect?

Urban Hillbilly, aka Lisbon, it seems.

All our accents will sound slavic to you, though. Only we can distinguish them, for the most part.

both cumo and vermalho are also said in Porto, btw. But the central region of the country and the south as a whole don't have it.

>tfw you'll never have an autistic singer gf like Aurora

Funny thing I saw the other day. In the northeast some old people and regions pronounce the o in "botar" and "tomar" as "u" and other brs laugh at them saying that's wrong but it seems that Portuguese people do the same, right? Can you confirm?

We pronounce either O or U according to the verbe tense.
>vou "tumar" um chá
>tomem lá morangos
>bota mais vinho, zé

The "o" becomes a "u" in almost every case when it's not the tonic syllable. Same things happens with A and E, generally speaking.

Exceptions occur when the "o" used to be two letters but merged into one.

Yeah exactly like that. A senator from the northeast said "tumar" or maybe it was "butar" and in the comments people said
"what a dumb woman. She doesn't even know how to speak"

>in the comments people said "what a dumb woman. She doesn't even know how to speak"
Yeah, because dialectal variation is a sign of dumbness... if anything they're the dumb ones.

Specially because odds are most of them say stuff like "dedu" and "eli" instead of "dedo" and "ele", I mean, it's the fucking same phenomenon in another context.

There are exceptions, though. We say "bébé", when you guys say "bêbê".

For a lot of the words, we only have one open vowel, and mute the rest.

The timing between these vowels in subsequent words is sort of what marks the beat of our speech. This means we end up with a different cadence from the rest of the Romance languages, where each syllable roughly takes a similar time.

Take the word "confortável".

You guys would separate "con-for-tá-vel" - 4 beats.
We'd say "cnfrtávl" - 1 beat.

The weird thing is that your beats are faster, but our beats carry more information, so we both seem faster speaking to the other one.

This is more easily seen between Euro Portuguese and Spanish, because Brazilian Portuguese is very flexible about this, and has a lot of different accents that land in different parts of this spectrum.

>Slavic castles are the best.
In Russia we don't have any castles (except few ones in the west), we have kremlins.

>We'd say "cnfrtávl" - 1 beat.
what, how does that work? I'm pretty sure we say "confrtável"

croatian architecture isn't "slavic" it's austrian and italian

the -vel definitely gets dropped, since it's after the tonic. The "con" can be compressed into "cn". Try saying it 5 times fast and you'll notice it is either very short or non existent. This may vary by accent.

Try "excelente" - I for one just say "shlent"

For most accents, the vowel isn't really deleted, but made very short. It's like you're saying "cunfurtávil" with very, very short U's and I's. How short depends on the dialect.

A good way to test this is by saying "o sino de Belém faz blém, blém." Note how there's a small gap between the B and L in "Belém", but not in "blém".

>>Brazilians are making a soap opera about a fictional based Portuguese middle ages
fucking great, Brazilians are unbeatable when it comes to some history related soap opera, 10/10 will watch if it's true

>Note how there's a small gap between the B and L in "Belém", but not in "blém".
We're well aware of that. Your fellow countrymen can't seem to grasp our short vowels but we do. We can discern all our short vowels.

This song is particularly funny because the guys pronounce "planeta" as "pelaneta". Would the average BR tell the difference?
youtube.com/watch?v=oFhTp2eQgQ8

At 1:12, I bet most people would notice. It sounds a bit like he's saying "pulaneta" for me.

Thread about iberua perhaps?
Ask me anything, I am wise and have spent hours in Iberian histort.

I agree with the diglossia part