A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

They're now trying to use psychology and "science" to bash Trump and Trump supporters

>rawstory.com/2016/08/a-neuroscientist-explains-what-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5yepQhRPRM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1964
rawstory.com/2016/08/a-neuroscientist-explains-what-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry_in_the_Soviet_Union
beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=08-05-2016
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbDBRWb63s
youtu.be/NNHNoVYZHoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Board certified Doctor says Bill Clinton is alcoholic

youtube.com/watch?v=j5yepQhRPRM

Why does Al Gore look so gay?

Inventing the Internet takes a lot outta a guy

>al gore gay

I thought that why why Tipper left him? Or maybe she just got sick of him lying to her about climate change.

>Fact magazine published an article polling psychiatrists around the country as to Goldwater's sanity. Some 1,189 psychiatrists appeared to agree that Goldwater was "emotionally unstable" and unfit for office, though none of the members had actually interviewed him. The article received heavy publicity and resulted in a change to the ethics guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association. In a libel suit, a federal court awarded Goldwater $1 in compensatory damages and $75,000 in punitive damages.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1964

It's like Goldwater all over again

I'm sure his last name ends in (((berg))). How is calling half of the country mental going to help Hillary win? Pic related is her almost collapsing due to health problems.

It checks out. Sorry to break it to you, OP.

Attacking the supporters again. wew

Ben Carson thread?

I HAVE AWOKEN

Isn't this basically the same thing as that Nigerian scientist who used "science" prove that homosexuality was wrong?

It's the same bullshit they've been trying to do since freud. Pathologize what is normal human behavior. Freud did it with psychoanalysis. Now they're just using fraudulent fallacious """science"""

Dey eat da poo poo, user. Dey prak teece in something called "a null feast eeng" where they place their hand in another man's a noose.

>He was the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. As a pioneer in neurosurgery, Carson's achievements include performing the first and only successful separation of Siamese twins joined at the back of the head, pioneering the first successful neurosurgical procedure on a fetus inside the womb, performing the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins, developing new methods to treat brain-stem tumors and reviving hemispherectomy techniques for controlling seizures.[3][4][5][6][7] Carson became the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33.[8] He has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications.[9] In 2008, he was bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.[10]

Studied counselling and psychology, yes its all complete bullshit. thanks.

Because he is. Have you ever heard him speak? He has an effeminate gay lisp.

>hamburgers are stupid

world reacts with "duh"

I never understood this meme.

Why is he credited?

>that Al Gore dick head

he lied and said he invented it by calling it the information superhighway. the guy is a giant fucking liar, and a crook.

I heard this yesterday. A cnn consumer that I know unironically told me, "they're bringing in the doctors man, hell, half his party too, the self aggrandizement, the thin skin it's all there .."

because before your time

You know, I'm not a Trump supporter (i don't even vote, I'm here on a work visa) but I think it's fucking disturbing how the Media tries to do this to his supporters.

Painting them as evil and mentally ill just because they support a person? It's pretty fucking sick in my book. This is propaganda against a major chunk of the U.S population to paint them as bad, evil or mentally ill.

Any other non trump supporters a bit concerned by this shit? It's one thing for supporters to call each other names and fight between the parties like you niggers do here, but to have doctors and professionals try to slander and dehumanize over a quarter of the population is a huge red flag in my book.

maybe I'm paranoid because I've been smoking the herbal Jew a lot but this whole election has really made me distrusting of this entire nation.

I can't be the only one.

>rawstory.com/2016/08/a-neuroscientist-explains-what-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

>Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb.

That sounds like liberals to me. Facts statistics and logic do nothing to stop them.

except people have the internet today

and trump has a meme army

Wonder how much he was paid to say this shit.

Who is that goddess?

>A well-supported theory from social psychology, called Terror Management Theory, explains why Trump’s fear mongering is doubly effective.

The theory is based on the fact that humans have a unique awareness of their own mortality. The inevitably of one’s death creates existential terror and anxiety that is always residing below the surface. In order to manage this terror, humans adopt cultural worldviews — like religions, political ideologies, and national identities — that act as a buffer by instilling life with meaning and value.

I mean holly shit, why don't you just walk out in traffic... what are you afraid you might die?????

Its almost like we are programed to SURVIVE and reproduce.

Dunning-Kruger effect pretty much applies to most people, not just Trump supporters. I guess the article writer is suffering from a lack of psychological knowledge and doesn't know he lacks that knowledge.

>but this whole election has really made me distrusting of this entire nation.

In some ways it's refreshing to see that the machine has finally reared its head. We're dealing with a beast that will do anything to keep hold of the power it has.

Trump winning relies on people seeing this for themselves...And being filled with disgust.

Reeeeeally don't like that pathology being inserted into an electoral context, it sets a bad precedent.

>Oh, well X said that? He's just PRETENDING to know about it haha, Dr. Goldstein here will set you straight.

>B-but what about the experts that say X is righ-

>THEY'RE SUFFERING FROM IT TOO GOY!

So what's wrong with Hillary - senility or just a stroke?

We are on our way to this. Pathologizing dissent. This is our future.

>now trying to

Dude, the left loves to accuse people of being mentally disabled when you don't agree with them. Their rational is basically "lol how could we possibly be wrong, obviously there is something wrong with them!"

>I am a cognitive neuroscientist (PhD) and freelance writer interested in science, technology, politics, and philosophy. I've written for The New York Times, Scientific American, Psychology Today, The Daily Beast, Raw Story, Slate, and The Huffington Post.
>Went to a university in DC

Yeah I'm sure he isn't biased or anything.

he had ED because he could never get melting ice out of his mind

>most people
it's pretty easy to find someone who isn't succumbing to bias

walk around a graveyard

any person who says they're not biased is more biased than most, and any person who knows fully that they're biased is just aware of their biases. they can not control them.

Wait until the next democratic term. They probably try to call republican voters mad and try to block them from executing their right to vote.

Here are the names of all the fags on Hillary's shill payroll:

beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=08-05-2016

I take the middle road on everything and argue as often as I can regardless of the point being made as a point to understand the opposition.

That being said, I am biased on many things. Its impossible not to be, memories define our reasons.

wtf i hate trump now!

There's a lot of theories that cover everything from syphilis, post-concussion syndrome, (I can actually get behind that, as I went through it for awhile,) cancer, with possibly a healthy dose of autism.

Watch this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbDBRWb63s

Yeah, I just can't believe they are being so obvious with it and I can't believe there are people who think articles and shit like this are good just because it's their enemy it's slandering.

This is pure propaganda and it's not even pretending it's not. I really hope at least some people who aren't Trump supporters see this shit for what is because the only people who seem to care are the ones who are being slandered, everyone else seems to think this is ok.

youtu.be/NNHNoVYZHoE

>5. A lot of people are sick of establishment politics and will take anybody whom they view as non-establishment.

Here are the names of all the fags on Hillary's shill payroll:

that is how the communists operated in Russia.

>pink hair
>neuroscientist

>pick one AND ONLY ONE

WTF I hate science now!

Yep.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is the hallmark of the left.

>neuroscientist
lmao, he's a psychologist with a few extra biology courses

Bill drinks Guinness?

Gee thanks Bill, now i'll never be able to drink my favourite beer again without thinking about Hillary's disgusting fat ass.

What if Hillary is basically MIA and this will really be Bill Clintons third term?

Varg's daughter Rebekka Vikernes.

Democrats are more likely to have mental ilness according to FUCKING BUZZFEED

>Neuroscience
>Using psychology

That's like hiring an electrical engineer to write code.

Neuroscientist is literally non-reproducable, in fact the entire field just has a massive shock after finding out fMRI's are completely fubar.

>Implying it's hard to trigger autistic 12 y/os

ARFF

So Varg did something right after all.

lol... the article is trash. It talks about "fear mongering"... but that's ALL liberals do. Global warming, racism, white men, blah blah blah. They need to check the brains of liberals.

Nice dubs. Great post. 10/10 user. Keep doing gods work.

It's not.

>if you don't have a degree then you don't know shit!
>trust me, i have a piece of paper that i paid 60k for to say i am an expert!

>The Dunning-Kruger Effect
>Hypersensitivity to Threat
>Terror Management Theory
>High Attentional Engagement

All of this can be applied to $hillary supporters or any political group you disagree with, except Trump supporters have no time to waste at ridiculizing their opponents

Al Gore was integral in drafting the funding bill that led to the "the internet."

The problem is, he basically says he "invented the internet" instead of "I was a coauthor the bill that lead to the funding of the research (...)"

> Dey ignant lmao

Jesus Christ. I hate freedom of speech, seriously.

Meh.

Dunning-Kruger effect is "if you don't like gays you are gay" tier bullshit. And you are either shill, or a gullible retard.

FUCKING REEEE
liberals have smaller amygdala and can't handle complex emotional processing or threat detection, they have larger anterior cingulate cortexes contributing to their envy and parasitic behavior, and they have dopamine receptor mutations that cause them to seek out shit-tons of relationships and be promiscuous.

>Why won't you just tolerate yourself out of existence?
FUCK YOU AND ALL FUCKING SCIENTISTS LIKE YOU, SORRY I'M MENTALLY ILL FOR HAVING SELF-PRESERVATION INSTINCTS

Liberals can't handle when they are confronted due to their smaller amygdala. I've heard people say the seizures were petit mal, though I'm not really a medfag.

Check out how many guns are being sold. It isn't because lots of people have decided to take up the sport of hunting.....

Usual leftie tactic.

I hope one day to be a citizen and take up arms with you guys. Good luck American bros.

>calling Trump-supporters idiots
>we are experts on Jewish history and can name the Jew purely by his surname

>trump supporters like America too much
>Why do you love America so much!?

But I thought the internet was a direct descendant of the DOD's ARPANET, which was crafted in the late 70's - early 80's.
Wouldn't that be ahead of his time, regardless?

Yes. There were many reasons that it was transparently ridiculous for him to make the claim.

That's not him, It's just a random girl

>Borders, rule of law, and trade deals that favor your own nation are now officially tinfoil.
What a time to be alive.

one of the clinton/dixiecrat/rodham fixers got at her after she called for them to be cleaned. think Agent 47, but more deranged or religious.there is a reason so many children go missing every year with no trace. into the sinpots the dems run through a shitton of cutouts, or training cults.

This is ableism

can cuckery get any more pretentious?

>Generalizing people based on who they vote for
The left everyone a bunch of completely insane authoritarians that will go anything to silence opposition.

It's a popular misquotation that gained eternal meme status

ARPANet development started in the mid 50's by J.C.R. Licklider and many other people through the 60's.

>And if one is under the illusion that they have sufficient or even superior knowledge, then they have no reason to defer to anyone else’s judgment.
>Out of immense frustration, some of us may feel the urge to shake a Trump supporter and say, “Hey! Don’t you realize that he’s an idiot?!” No. They don’t. That may be hard to fathom, but that’s the nature of the Dunning-Kruger effect — one’s ignorance is completely invisible to them.
oh my god, the fucking irony and lack of self-reflection

My point was, whatever chronological starting point you wish to use, that the internet as we know it descended from ARPANET, an American invention that was a product of the Department of Defense. Regardless, Al Fucking Gore had NOTHING to do with it.

Yeah ok

get out nigger

wow a scientist says all republicans/all trump supporters are #MentallyHill?

I didn't know I was ill, I thought opposing the crook who got hundreds of thousands killed, and wants to ship even more jobs abroad was the right thing to do, but he claims ot be a scientist, and who am I to go against science?

I'll make an appointment with a jewish shink tomorrow

doesnt stop him from taking credit for it.

Next they should find out what's wrong with the brains of people who want to turn over their land, governments, wealth, and women to foreign invaders with radically different cultures and violent customs.

Yeah, very little to do with it at all, much less the creation.

I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I feel for the "Al Gore invented the internet" meme when I was younger. Now I work in IT and know better now.

They've been using (((intelligence))) as an attack against Trump and his supporters since day 0. It's group bias. Get enough people in a group to say 2 + 2 = 5 and the one person being experimented on will agree.

Yeah, I strive to be as unbiased as possible, but I am fully aware my brain isn't perfect and the information I've been fed can be manipulated.
I dislike but don't hate black people, logically I should hate them given my politics but I get along with one like a house of cards as I have done with him for 15 years, leading me to be far more "kill the retarded" than "kill the negro" like here.

The amygdala is associated with risk assessment and emotional learning. It's weird that they think being disgusted with mutilated corpses is somehow bad.

>media is sick for portraying an entire group of people in a generally negative sense
>proceeds to bash entire groups of people in a generally negative sense

ya dun goofed

>Democrats
>Still using pseudoscience to justify bigotry in 2016

That's what I feel every time I see "reasonable" friends sharing this shit.
#notallmuslims #literallyeveryTrumpsupporter
Also according to the story
>literally everyone voting for Hillary has a background in politics, international relations, industry and economics, to name a few.
This
Think this too sometimes
Underrated
Not exactly what he did

They do that in some places.