How does your country remember him?

How does your country remember him?
I heard many people considered him a tyrant around the world especially in the anglosphere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQmtV_zVDs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S

He actually was, but there is no problem with that as long as you're not a SJW fighting authoriarism, there's no thing as good as authritarism actually, and France get more in few years under Napoleon's rule than it does before and after.

He did literally nothing wrong. Every war he fought was a defensive one. Everywhere he marched he freed people from serfdom and codified the rule of law across Europe.

He's been the victim of a two-century slander campaign by the Anglos who, literally started six wars and killed ~2 million people to safeguard their economic position.

The French Augustus

>Napoleon
>Tyran

Lol, go back to your island

This but unironically.

Good man. Excelent strategist.
Napo > Hitler

Pretty cool guy actually. Short jokes aside he's liked here because

On our modern basis, yes he was, but you can't judge the past with our modern point of view. That's why I say he was, but that's irrelevant considering what he brought to France.

we don't remember him

About that, he lost because he was betrayed by his general (Grouchy I believe, can't remember his name). He was a war genius, despite coming from the poorest family in the middle of nowhere

Never 4get Fountainebleau 1807

Press S to spit on memory

We fought two wars against him, our king is descended from a man who betrayed him and he goaded Russia into stealing the eastern half of our country.
We also lost our last bit of north german land in the congress at Vienna.
But if I take off the nationalist goggles I whoreheartedly agree with this

in this province he's taught about in grade nine, he's presented pretty positively because people complain that our education is too pro anglo, he gets more time given to him than any other person

the only campaigns/battles that are taught are invading russia and waterloo though

One of the greatest military commanders ever and a great guy overall, but he brought his doom upon himself by invading Russia.

Forgot to mention that the British like to brag about how they bear Napoleon when what they really did between 1793-1815 was pay the Austrians/Prussians/Russians/Italians/etc. to do all of the fighting and dying for them.

The British fought Napoleon exactly once at Waterloo, when he was far past his prime and fighting with the army he'd cobbled together in three months after reconquering France through sheer charisma.

Even then they barely won and the Prussians had to bail their asses out (not to mention one of Napoleon's Marshals got lost on the way to the battle. Twice.)

He is basically seen as a hero and conqueror, and is praised for attending to the needs of both merchants and workers.

Personally, I see him as an authoritarian warmonger.

Autistic sperg who was a really good tactician but absolutely dreadful when it came to strategy.

>oui just lemme get to portugal real quick bro
>opsie daisy my armies have been stopping along your territories, stupid mistake honhon
>look at me, im the king now

Truly a honorable man
Never started an offensive war, no monsieur
He a good boy

This completely. While some of Napoleon's actions are morally troublesome, they're totally understandable in the context of 19th century politics

they did more than that

peninsular war
battle of the nile

extremely overlooked in denmark, don't think I ever had a course about him in history classes, which is retarded

if Napoleon won we wouldn't had the Germans and the Anglo, and we would have a new roman empire by now

Great guy, loved this country. He liked us so much that his soldiers who were supposed to pass through and invade Portugal stayed here instead, assumed control and kidnapped the royal family :3

Uhh, how did he happen to visit Moscow during his defensive wars?

>Spain has a retarded basket case of a royal court and family, some of which literally invites the French to march in
>France tries to drag your sad, irrelevant country kicking and screaming out of the 16th century
>nation-wide chimpout ensues at the thought of not being a poor shithole with a collapsing empire
>retarded servile Spaniards literally cry "Death to liberty! Long live our chains!" when the French are finally expelled

Glorious

>Friendly nation granted permission to march trough territories to stablish the complete naval embargo
>Kidnap the royal family and blackmail all the institutions with threats of military action
>Make his drooling retard of a brother king of spain
>Supress the ensuing protests with mass murder of civilians
>Respond to ensuing guerrilla resistance with murder of whole populations

We just wanted to bring culture bro :^)
You fucking americans i swear

The reinstitution of borbonic monarchy was the darkest event in spains history, but what napoleon did was some dirty shit

> imposing democracy, secularism and modernity on a country that doesn't want any of that is a great idea
Want to know why you failed so hard in interventions abroad since 2003?

Not a defensive war here
but Russia didn't respect the continental blockade

He was born in a family of nobles in Ajaccio...

You did not respect treaty, it was a treason

Thank god Napoleon lost, the anglo now dominates the world and Spain is a shithole

>signs treaty
>xaxaxaxa now we will break the treaty and help your greatest enemy
>why are you invading us

>Hey Zar, m8
>Sign this absolutely unfavorable treaty or get royally fucked in the ass
t. european hegemon

>Unsustainable treaty is broken

OMG les treacherous russians, better invade the shit out of them
How dare they not suck on the mighty baguette

Truly the country of enlightment

He should have raided Portugal ASAP and kill the Royals.

We really couldn't severe all ties with our biggest trading partner. And as far as I remember it was not the only reason. Napoleon also broke the peace agreement by occupying Prussia.

Whatever really. It's all water under the bridge.

So this is the power of french historians

whoa

Also found this curious painting. I especially like that tanned french noble.

>be spaniard
>don't ally Napoleon
>200 years later your country is poor, full of mcdonalds and under american influence

A God.

>napoleon was blonde
fucking n*rds

> tf
> tp

didn't learn about him in School

>campoformio treaty

Yes France is under american influence because Napoleon lost I just said it, you are slow in the head my friend, too much sun for you

are you american or what?

Pretty good. He treated us with respect

Your refugee camp of a country is the world N°5 in amount of McDonalds

I know you guys are born with delusions of grandeur but thinking france is free of american influence is something next level

>inb4 muh nukes muh army muh economy
Literally america lite

>France is under american influence because Napoleon lost
explique ton raisonnement

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAA
Obviously France is shit today because Napoleon lost we all know that, how could you understand the opposite ??? hahhahaahahah

La défaite de la France c'est le début de l'hégémonie anglo-américaine, avec aucune grande puissance en Europe les américains n'ont eu qu'à se baisser pour ramasser le leadership.

b-but you supported him
you were one of the only European countries to do that and it cost you Norway
how can you not teach him in history class?

>i-its englands fault i swear
>we would be kings of the world by now if it wasnt for the big bad anglo
>AHAHAHAHhah i swear guys vibrant french culture n shieet ooga ooga

Black people had a small but noteworthy role in Revolutionary and Napoleonic France. A few thousand freed slaves and mixed race children of planters lived in the country, and a few of them like Thomas-Alexandre Dumas rose to great heights in the new state.

>american flag
>praises the negro
like clockwork

You don't understand basic english nor history, 1815 marked the end of France every first year historian knows it, only in Sup Forums do I argue with apes like you
Saddest part is Spain would be better under a Latin superpower than an anglo one

We remember him as a cake.

>Spain would be better underneath a French boot instead of an American one

There was never going to be a happy ending for Spain.

The napoleons invasion to spain benefits the the begin of wars for the freedom of latinamerica

Et la Seconde Guerre mondiale et ce fils de pute d'Hitler ont enfoncé le clou.

Based Black man.

This, if it wasnt for Napoleon, the portuguese royal family wouldnt have come to Brazil and we would take much longer be independent.

I'm a Jeffersonian

>The Federalists, led by George Washington, favored a strong central government and close relations with Great Britain. Their political opponents, the Democratic-Republicans led by Thomas Jefferson, denounced most of the Federalist policies, and favored closer relations with France. The Republicans denounced Alexander Hamilton, John Adams, and even George Washington as friends of Britain, as secret monarchists, and as enemies of the republican values. Though Jefferson urged moderation, Federalists called for hostilities against France. Desperate to avoid possible war with France, Jefferson sent the future President James Monroe to Paris in 1803 to purchase New Orleans.

James Monroe (with Elizabeth) attended Napoleon’s coronation at Notre Dame, he writes:
>When the Consul came round to me, he said he was glad to see me…. ‘You have been here 15 days?’ I told him I had. ‘You speak French?’ I replied ‘A little.’ ‘You had a good voyage?’ Yes. ‘You came in a frigate?’ No in a merchant vessel charged for the purpose. After dinner when we retired into the saloon, the first Consul came up to me and said ‘You Americans did brilliant things in your war with England, you will do the same again. You may probably be in war with them again.’ I replied I did not know.

White people need to stop whitewashing of history.

>Let me enlighten you on historic facts and the great english language, dear anonymous shitposter

>France died at its height. The fucking shithole I live in its not france.

>Ergo France is the greatest country ever. Dixi.

Please stop my sides can only take so much

Spain was never a leading country, always a vassal

Nobody cares tbqh, but I was very much surprised when I figured out how humanistic and progressive his rule and laws were. Now I'm actually unironically sorry that he failed to conquer Russia. Maybe he would abolish serfdom in Russia and that would start the chain reaction which would improve our way of life and thus help to prevent Revolution of 1917.

Russia would've stemarolled you one way or another. Napoleon saying that you were not reliable just gave him the green light to come smacking.

>be russian noble
>burn your country to the ground so you can sell cereals to the anglo

>when what they really did between 1793-1815 was pay the Austrians/Prussians/Russians/Italians/etc. to do all of the fighting and dying for them.
What is the problem supposed to be? That just makes the bongs smart

n'importe quoi
l'hégémonie américain ne trouve ses sources qu'à la fin de la grande guerre
puis le RU avait déjà l'avantage sur la France depuis la guerre de 7 ans
Ne blame pas la chute de Napoléon pour la puissance du RU mais plutôt lui-même pour ne pas avoir envahi le RU en dix ans de règne...

Why doesn't Russia restore the monarchy

>implying
Seems restored to me.

Would Putin be okay with this?

they're the only European country that still has an absolute monarchy m8

honestly just stop posting

just checked, i didn't know it's also a name for it in french
we most commonly call it a mille-feuille

Or he could have done us the favor by killing the P*rtuguese and causing misery like he did in Spain.

Why doesn't USA return to the Queen's mighty grasp?

Legit. Now they teach us only about how they burned Moscow and tell us how patriotic his (Kutuzov's) move was and just ignore the real consequences of his decisions.

Entire Russian history they taught us in schools sounded more like some Fantasy book story rather than something connected to the real world and fates of some real humans.

There's a benefit to restoring the monarchy though

1. Prestige

2. Good propaganda

3. Tourist money

4. Better relations with your neighbor, because they marry each other

5. Influence former colonies

It is the only reason the UK is relevant today

This.

I-It was a fair treaty ! Blame the Austrians and their greediness to acquire Venise.

Augustus was a pussy though

>he lost because he was betrayed by his general (Grouchy I believe, can't remember his name)
lmao Grouchy didn't betray him he just poorly manoeuvred and arrived late at Waterloo.
Bernadotte more or less betrayed him though.

>Every war he fought was a defensive one
That's not true.

>2. Good propaganda
>3. Tourist money
>4. Better relations with your neighbor, because they marry each other
>5. Influence former colonies

El creatura educada...

American pretend democracy is more effective at keeping plebs in check.

1. Bullshit
2. Bullshit
3. Who the hell would want to look at inbred monarchs who don't even have any legit rights to rule?
4. Bullshit
5. Bullshit, they all hate Russian Empire and Romanov's more than USSR, which actually gave them education, rights and formed their modern nations (these things like Azerbaijan or Turkmenistan are made up by Bolsheviks).

Who would you want to see as Russian Tsar anyway? There are few of them left and all of them have very controversial rights to the throne.

youtube.com/watch?v=bQmtV_zVDs4

Napoleons only crime was losing. He even wanted to be a man of science after losing.

>be Russian peasant who can't read and has 12 children because the other 10 died of smallpox
>slowly bleed to death on a battlefield somewhere in Germany because the priest told you Napoleon was literally the devil
>condemn your family to another half century of serfdom

My school focused on WW2 and the Holocaust

>Be Russian serf
>Have to burn down your farm and kill all your animals so the french can't eat them on their way to have a pissing match with your king
>''Well at least we'll be when this communism thing hits!''

Well, Napoleon is in our national anthem.

less popular than hitler
and why is it so hard to find english translated movie or book about talleyrand?

>Personally, I see him as an authoritarian warmonger.

I'd rather be fat with diabetes than a fucking frenchnigger.

BONAPARTE SET EXAMPLE HOW TO WIN OUR BATTLES

Positively.

During French rule first Croatian newspapers appeared, Croatian language became official (under the name "Illyrian"), which the Austrians would have never allowed, schools were finally being constructed, new roads, etc. It's mostly Auguste Marmont who was behind these decisions.

At the time, the French weren't populat among the locals because of the anti-revolutionary attitudes among Croats, but nowadays the French influence here is seen as positive. To the Habsburgs, Croatia was just a shithole that needs to stay a shithole so they have someplace to draw cannon fodder from.

He ended our glorious Republic, so he's hated here. But his brother is loved

Napoleon was first NAZBOL.

He convinced the Portuguese royalty to finally move away to the true center of the Portuguese Empire